the favre saga continues!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: the favre saga continues!!!

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!!:
    [QUOTE]I have to admit, I was kind of missing the guy.  I figured he'd be back, but I didn't think it would be until the 2nd week or so. Now, it really looks like his previous "decision" was simply choreographed to get the media attention out of the Vikings camp aand off his compound. They definitely had a deal put together prior to today and I would say it was settled three weeks ago. There is no way he gets on a jet, flies to Minn., negotiates a contract, takes a physical, has a uniform ready for him and he starts practicing all in the span of 8 hours.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, everybody is sick of hearing about this story but how does everybody think Favre and Vikes feel?  I assume they dont want the spot light so they shut the media up by announcing no deal and Favre gets to skip the off season work outs and mini camps. I like the fact that Favre basically doesn't give a shat about what anybody thinks of him and is still playing the game at 39 years old and signing 25 million dollar contracts. Maybe people should stop criticizing him because the guy is doing what he wants and getting paid for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

The league interception record will never be touched after this season. Will Childress replace this bum---worst starting QB in the NFL--- when they start losing? WIll Baby Brett claim injury when he sux, as he does? By midseason, he will be looking for the exits and the media and the team will give him cover as he exits. This bum needs to leave.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Favre is smart if he can make millions of dollars for just showing up and throwing INTs. It's the Vikings who are morons.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

This is the most accurate post in here. Brad Childress has an excellent team which can make a good run, and had a spirited QB competition which would have led to the team rallying behind one of their guys and doing well. Sounds like Mangini and his JESTS last year, doesn't it? Why on earth does anybody think this guy is a good QB or a good teammate?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!! : Not to compare Favre to Brady the best Qb in the game, but imagine if Bob Kraft and a new coach chased Brady off the team after the team stopped having a competetive roster(because untill packers 2007 year thats what happened) What would we say as fans. I hate hearing about the story ALL DAY LONG but I dont blame Favre for that. The bottom line is the guy is still better then both qbs on the vikes roster not to mention better then HALF OF THE QBS IN THE LEAGUE. Im not even a Favre fan but I think that this guy is still a quality football player and if he wants to skip a few weeks of training camp to relax before the grind of the NFL season then let him. I know ill watch a few more vikings games on the ticket then i would have if they didnt sign him and thats what the NFL is all about.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Farve has always been a QB that needed to be reigned in in crunch time, surrounded by a strong running attack and defense. It was Mangina's pathetic lack of control over his team and QB that sunk the Jets last season, instead of pushing his team to play to Farve's level last season (he played well early) Mangina took his foot of the gas, relied on passing too often and the team faded.  A strong coach that doesn't let Farve and his ego throw a game away in the playoffs, a coach that can say "no" to Brett will be successful. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"A strong coach that doesn't let Farve and his ego throw a game away in the playoffs, a coach that can say "no" to Brett will be successful."

A. They won't make the playoffs. However, they play Detroit twice. Even Favre can't mess that up. That's two wins. So they might come close.
    B. Once Favre is in the game, his incompetence ( stop using 'ego' as an excuse ) will throw games away and it's too late for the coach to say "no".
    C. The coach has already decided to say "yes".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Not for nothing, wozzy, but Chilly might just be the worst game-day coach in the league -- he won't be telling Favre anything that Favre will hear. There is plenty of speculation that this whole Favre thing was a done deal from the get-go and that the Vikings managed to keep the hush on it. But if that's not true, what you've got here is a coach who shredded the confidence (again) of his pet project and gave the cold shoulder to the guy he brought in to take his place by even pursuing Favre in the first place. Then he spread some bullsh*t story about "going with what we've got" when the pima donna said "thanx, but no thanx." And now, as soon as Favre hikes his skirt up a little bit, there's Chilly bent over again, saying "Come on in."

If I misread your post, you may happily disregard all this, but if you're implying that Brad Childress is in any way a "strong coach" I would very much like to talk to you about an incredible opportunity I've come across involving beachfront property in Saskatchewan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Not for nothing, wozzy, but Chilly might just be the worst game-day coach in the league -- he won't be telling Favre anything that Favre will hear. If I misread your post, you may happily disregard all this, but if you're implying that Brad Childress is in any way a "strong coach" I would very much like to talk to you about an incredible opportunity I've come across involving beachfront property in Saskatchewan.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying Brad Childress is the man to pull Brett out if he isn't listening; he's no Mike Holmgren, I was just stating that is what Brett needs to win.  The same fire and desire that brings you wins in the regular season is the same that can sink you in the playoffs.  A stronger coach than Mangina was my only point...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Something tells me that Favre will continue to play until he is carted away on a stretcher or until teams wake up and recognize that the guy is just not going to lead you to superbowl.  I think he loves the game, the attention and the competition.  But lost in all this is the fact that he is not that same player he was, and like the Jets last year, I think the Vikings are kidding themselves that they're getting the Brett Favre of a decade ago.  The money they paid him is crazy.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Something tells me that Favre will continue to play until he is carted away on a stretcher or until teams wake up and recognize that the guy is just not going to lead you to superbowl.  I think he loves the game, the attention and the competition.  But lost in all this is the fact that he is not that same player he was, and like the Jets last year, I think the Vikings are kidding themselves that they're getting the Brett Favre of a decade ago.  The money they paid him is crazy.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE] even the home town hero thinks its a joke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4409512

Sections
Shortcuts