The final word on "balance".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: The final word on

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

What's appropriate is the fact that you and your boyfriend Pezzy are out of your element again.

As usual.

But you and your boyfriend doggydoo are right in your element - Brady bashing.  Ingrate.

I can't ever remember bashing Brady.  Maybe your Bradyon is a little to sensitive.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

12 Wins (by a combined 229 points) - 435 passes and 407 runs @ 4.4 ypc

4 Losses (by a combined 11 points) - 210 passes and 112 runs @ 2.2 ypc

Fixed it for ya.

Not exactly 'fixed', not sure where you got your numbers. The actual game numbers below includes 'rushes' by TB, the RB ypa is in reality higher...

VS AZ 28 carries for 90 yards = 3.2 Yards per attempt

VS BAL 34 carries for 77 yards = 2.3 Yards per attempt

VS SEA 26 carries for 87 yards = 3.3 Yards per attempt

VS SF 24 carries for 95 yards = 4.0 Yards per attempt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RockSculIy. Show RockSculIy's posts

The fact that we're even allowing Brady to dropback to pass is laughable. The guy is a walking interception. He just is. The washers will deny it, but it's the truth. Sorry, it just is. Sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In the SF game, the O line really struggled.  In many ways it was similar to the Giants' Super Bowls. I've never been one to say the offense is perfect or even that Brady is perfect. My only objection is to those posters who claim the defense played great when it didn't . . . and who think that the "solution" to (the rare) offensive problems is to "rein in Brady," abandon the shotgun, and just run more with a "lead" back who is never subbed for.  That in my opinion is an overly simplistic approach that doesn't appreciate the complexity of modern football.  

You are wrong, in fact there's never been anybody so wrong in the hystery of the Universe.  Just admit you are a Brady bashing troll.  We all know it , even as I type people are nodding there head in agreement. LMAO@U.

It's avery simple concept, Brady throws more when HE HAS TOO!  It's so simple  !He is not the OC or the HC.  He doesn't send out no back formations, he doesn't send out Woody.

He throws when they are behind , doesn't trust the D to Hold a lead and when the running game sucks.    All with the blessing of McD and BB!!!!!!!!!!.  Period!

No body in their right mind believes your propaganda and out right lies. 

Now do US ALL a favor and get a life.  Leave your basement and BDC for good.

Sick, sick, sick.  

He does what's best for the team.  I have no idea why they would even need an OC, if he's not calling the plays. 

Still waiting on those elusive stats.  Prove it or shut the he11 up!

You're wrong. You trying to quote me in an attempt to mock me, will not work.

WHy do you continue to push this issue when everyone knows you're wrong?   90% of the time when Brady throws 40+ times in a shotgun spread base, we lose vs good or great Ds.

Go look at the drives for Indy in their SB v.s. the Bears. They WON that SB because they handed it off a ton to either Addai or Rhodes, but they didn't change how they ran their offense based on who was on the field.

You either don't get it or want to continue to be selfish with your buddies, simply unable to admit how wrong you are.

Just because it's an offensive era and a QB league, it doesn't mean you over-think or over-manage the basics!

The basics will never change, whether it's blocking, tackling, deception, etc.  We have little to no deception in our awful, sedentary shotgun base spread.

If this happens again this postseason, what will you do here? Act like it didn't happen again?

Brady has 19 TDs and 13 INTs since 2005 in the postseaosn if you take away his best and worst games (to be fair, those are outlier games - Balt in 2009, Denver 2011).

That's horrendous and in almost all of those games, he threw over 40 times, and it wasn't because they were trailing, either.  SD in 2006, yes, no issue there.  They panicked in Denver in 2005, but to be fair Dillon wasn't available. The 2006 AFC title game is one that stands out.  AFC Title game vs SD, SB 42, etc.

In 2010 vs the Jets, it was a low scoring game, but they panicked for some reason and the downfall was that they never tried to run it. They intended to blow the Jets off the field by passing it almost exclusively, which ironically IS NOT how they beat the Jets just a month earlier!

FAIL!

And we know what happened last year.

You lost.  Limiting yourself and your playbook is absolutely assinine and that is what you're clearly rooting for so Brady can just run shotgun spread plays, hope the O line is 100% perfect dropping back to pass block 40+ times, and you ignore how that style HURTS our defense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

What's appropriate is the fact that you and your boyfriend Pezzy are out of your element again.

As usual.

But you and your boyfriend doggydoo are right in your element - Brady bashing.  Ingrate.

I can't ever remember bashing Brady.  Maybe your Bradyon is a little to sensitive.

You do it all the time troll.

Your Gomeron for college pranks is your downfall. Get a life troll and stop infesting another team's board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

WHy do you continue to push this issue when everyone knows you're wrong?   90% of the time when Brady throws 40+ times in a shotgun spread base, we lose vs good or great Ds.

You are so dense I should pity you, but I enjoy humiliating you so much more.

He throws 40+ times when they lose because the run isn't working. Learn the game you insufferable twit.

I see you still have no answer to my bet. Loser.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady has 19 TDs and 13 INTs since 2005 in the postseaosn if you take away his best and worst games (to be fair, those are outlier games - Balt in 2009, Denver 2011).

Way to cherry pick bonehead.

You really are a joke. You take out his 6 TD game and have three to pick from where he threw 3 INTs (and 2 TDs) and try to spin it like that represents how he has played in the postseason.

YOU ARE PATHETIC.

And where you are even getting these numbers from is a mystery. I count 21 and 14 subtracting his best and worst game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I took out his 4 INT game (his worst) vs Baltimore, so what is the difference?

When exactly did he throw 4 INTs vs Baltimore in the playoffs junior?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It was VERY convenient to blame that D last year, but not his year.

If Brady plays exactly the same in the SB this year and the D plays better we will win it fairly comfortably.

Though hopefully we won't be missing a key weapon like Gronk or Welker this time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Are you trying to tell us you care more about stats vs an 8-8 Denver club off a bye week at home with no Brian Dawkins and two injured edge rushers than you do the team winning a SB, Gramps?

Hmm?

If Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez had a love child, it would be you junior.

I'm telling you Brady has overall played well in the playoffs since 2005. Simple enough.

Considering the debacle against the Ravens in 2009 where the whole team played like garbage I take his few extra INTs in that game with a grain of salt. 27-17 since 2005 ain't a bad ratio even at that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He loves to fib, doesn't he?
    Ask the delusional troll where TB had the better over-all QB rating, Threw for the most TD's. per game and the most TD's period,  completed a higher % of passes and threw for the most yards.

01-04 or 05-12?

Delusional disorder:

Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, richest, and/or most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtype.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

As of this post the FINAL WORD is now at 237 + 1. Anyone really want to keep going here????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

He loves to fib, doesn't he?
    Ask the delusional troll where TB had the better over-all QB rating, Threw for the most TD's. per game and the most TD's period,  completed a higher % of passes and threw for the most yards.

01-04 or 05-12?

Delusional disorder:

Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, richest, and/or most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtype.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders

He usually just runs away when you prove him DEAD wrong. Maybe come back in a day or so when the proof is a couple of pages back.

Ya know, back a ways you used to find him a minor annoyance, but these days you rival myself for smaking his BS down. Granted, he wasn't this bad say early last season, but you really seem sick of his wild rantings. His Brady bashing is at an all-time fevered pitch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It was VERY convenient to blame that D last year, but not his year.

If Brady plays exactly the same in the SB this year and the D plays better we will win it fairly comfortably.

Though hopefully we won't be missing a key weapon like Gronk or Welker this time.

That is the long and short of it. If your team needs the QB to have a 120+ rating, throw three TDs and no interceptions to win every single game, and with this formula you win 75-80% of your games, then you need to go back to the drawing board about other aspects.

Expecting to build an offense that scores tons of points against even the best defenses 100% of the time is ludicrous and impossible. 

Just add more good players to your defense, and you will pick up those extra wins a lot easier. Hopefully, Talib is the guy that does the trick and pushes the defense over that hump to where it is good enough to pick up a low scoring game more often than 1 in 8 times.

They don't even need to win every game when the score is beneath 23 ... just 50% of them. If they were winning those low scoring games at that pace (essentially the same pace the Ravens and Packers win them at, for instance) they would probably have been 15-1/14-2 the last two seasons with a couple Lombardis to boot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

That is the long and short of it. If your team needs the QB to have a 120+ rating, throw three TDs and no interceptions to win every single game, and with this formula you win 75-80% of your games, then you need to go back to the drawing board about other aspects.

Expecting to build an offense that scores tons of points against even the best defenses 100% of the time is ludicrous and impossible. 

Just add more good players to your defense, and you will pick up those extra wins a lot easier. Hopefully, Talib is the guy that does the trick and pushes the defense over that hump to where it is good enough to pick up a low scoring game more often than 1 in 8 times.

They don't even need to win every game when the score is beneath 23 ... just 50% of them. If they were winning those low scoring games at that pace (essentially the same pace the Ravens and Packers win them at, for instance) they would probably have been 15-1/14-2 the last two seasons with a couple Lombardis to boot.

How about they score more than 17 points, turn the ball over twice and spot the defense 2 points...  that would be a positive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

How about they score more than 17 points, turn the ball over twice and spot the defense 2 points...  that would be a positive.

The game has two sides (or three), offense, defense, and special teams.  Offense could have played better, but the defense needed to play better too.  Fact is, the Pats weren't a championship team last year.  The knee-jerk reaction to blame everything on offensive "play calling" is easy, but it's misleading.  The real problems were with execution on offense and defense.  On offense we were allowing the Giants front four to get too much penetration on both passing and run plays.  On defense we couldn't stop passes.  

The Pats simply weren't a championship team last year.  They got as far as they got because of great coaching--including good game planning and good play callling on both offense and defense. Talentwise, though, they were lacking. The coaches put the players in position to win the game.  The players just didn't deliver.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

After reading most of the posts in this thread I don't understand how the "D" supporters and the "O" supporters can only blame one side of the ball for the SB loss.

The offense was not as efficient as it had been during the season and the defense could not get off the field. Both units did not do enough to complement each other it was as simple as that.

+1 . . . exactly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"How about they score more than 17 points, turn the ball over twice and spot the defense 2 points...  that would be a positive."

How about Brady leaves the Super Bowl with a lead and two minutes left and the defense makes a crucial stand for once? That would be a positive also. 

Bottom line is that offenses play better when they feel under less pressure to score as they know the defense can hold up their end too. You want more than an opportunistic defense, you want a "bring the hammer down" defense. You also want a running game that can move the chains and has the talent to do so. 

Sadly we will never settle the question of whether the running game had enough talent in the past or whether the offense or defense was more to blame for past Super Bowl losses (I say both, about equally). 

But: we are in the position to win this year, with the health of key players rounding into shape it looks like both the running game and the D could come through big time this time around. And the rest will fall into place as well. 

I'm sure the argument which can never be settled (sigh) will be a lot more fun to talk about with another championship won. It won't be easy but we really have a good shot. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

After reading most of the posts in this thread I don't understand how the "D" supporters and the "O" supporters can only blame one side of the ball for the SB loss.

The offense was not as efficient as it had been during the season and the defense could not get off the field. Both units did not do enough to complement each other it was as simple as that.

Gronk was hobbled. No way the O was going to be as efficient as it was during the season. (Though they did manage to score more points per drive than another of our SB winners.)

We needed a good game from the D with our offense wounded and instead we got no turnovers, long possession drives, stupid penalties and an endgame collapse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In the SF game, the O line really struggled.  In many ways it was similar to the Giants' Super Bowls. I've never been one to say the offense is perfect or even that Brady is perfect. My only objection is to those posters who claim the defense played great when it didn't . . . and who think that the "solution" to (the rare) offensive problems is to "rein in Brady," abandon the shotgun, and just run more with a "lead" back who is never subbed for.  That in my opinion is an overly simplistic approach that doesn't appreciate the complexity of modern football.  

Go look at the drives for Indy in their SB v.s. the Bears. They WON that SB because they handed it off a ton to either Addai or Rhodes, but they didn't change how they ran their offense based on who was on the field.

You either don't get it or want to continue to be selfish with your buddies, simply unable to admit how wrong you are.

Just because it's an offensive era and a QB league, it doesn't mean you over-think or over-manage the basics!

The basics will never change, whether it's blocking, tackling, deception, etc.  We have little to no deception in our awful, sedentary shotgun base spread.

If this happens again this postseason, what will you do here? Act like it didn't happen again?

That's horrendous and in almost all of those games, he threw over 40 times, and it wasn't because they were trailing, either.  SD in 2006, yes, no issue there.  They panicked in Denver in 2005, but to be fair Dillon wasn't available. The 2006 AFC title game is one that stands out.  AFC Title game vs SD, SB 42, etc.

In 2010 vs the Jets, it was a low scoring game, but they panicked for some reason and the downfall was that they never tried to run it. They intended to blow the Jets off the field by passing it almost exclusively, which ironically IS NOT how they beat the Jets just a month earlier!

FAIL!

You lost.  Limiting yourself and your playbook is absolutely assinine and that is what you're clearly rooting for so Brady can just run shotgun spread plays, hope the O line is 100% perfect dropping back to pass block 40+ times, and you ignore how that style HURTS our defense!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

FAIL!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Junior is the cure for insomnia.

Sections
Shortcuts