The final word on "balance".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: The final word on

Running 100 more att's and being balanced is better then running 100 less att's and being imbalanced. Not too difficult to grasp....no?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

12 Wins (by a combined 229 points) - 435 passes and 407 runs

4 Losses (by a combined 11 points) - 210 passes and 112 runs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

The biggest thing to me is that this offense still refuses to run against teams that are above average in run defense. 

Against SF and SEA, the Pats tried the run for the first couple of drives, then just got rid of the run game and had Brady throw it 50+ times.

They're more capable of running against below average run defenses though.

It will be the reason we don't win the SB.  Seriously. Just like last year or in SB 42.

You mean it is very like the defense won't make the big plays when all they need is a stop? It is possible but this defense alas more players.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Umm, the D outplayed the offense in the AFC title game and outplayed them in the SB, to boot.

They wouldn't even have been in the SB itself if not for the D!  Brady sucked! He said it himself!

It's funny how Brady is the "end all/be all" for these guys but they won't believe him when he says he sucked?

Sterling Moore saved his azz that day...

Sterling more did not save TB's azz.  He saved his OWN asz as he gave up the big play that put them in the RZ prior to saving the TD that would have blown the lead with no time remaining. 

You know who tries to change history? Cuckoo birds that don't believe in the Holocaust. Moore saved his butt by knocking that ball away after a god AWFUL INT after a great Spikes INT.

The only thing Brady had to do was not turn it over again after that great Spikes play!  How deflating!  They work to get the pick and then he throws his own on 1st down into triple coverage to Matthew Slater?

Are you kidding me? It was the worst INT of his career and the one in the SB to Gronk was WORSE!

WORSE!

You are the kook trying to change history.  Moore allowed the 23 yard completion to put them in the RZ.  He saved his own azz.  Live with it,  Fact not fiction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

So I guess Brady was wrong in saying he sucked and that the defense bailed them out... you guys must just know more than him.  That's rich...

Yes Brady was wrong. Even ESPN after the game pointed out his stats were better than Flacco's (I know Babe hates ESPN's stats but I do not). Brady ran for a TD instead of passing one. The second int was a bad play by Brady but still a great play by the Ravens. The first int was clearly defensive holding as well as PI. The Pats were losing in the 4th quarter after Gronk's injury and still came back to take the lead. The 23 pointas scored against the 3rd ranked defense was actually pretty good.They had 5 long scoring drives against that defense. They struggled in the red zone all game but Brady's 4th quarter  4th down run for a TD was the winning score.  Brady saying he stunk means nothing to me because he has super high standards. If Brady had been playing the Pats defense he undoubtedly would have put up better numbers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

12 Wins (by a combined 229 points) - 435 passes and 407 runs @ 4.4 ypc

4 Losses (by a combined 11 points) - 210 passes and 112 runs @ 2.2 ypc

Fixed it for ya.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Fixed it for ya.

Dollars to donuts, in the 4 losse,s he has over 40 passes in those games.  LOL!

You will never win this debate, because you're an inbred and have absolutely no idea what we're talking about here.

Dollars to donuts????  You really are a wack-job.  The difference in the losses was the awesome 2.2 ypc by our running game that resulted in minimal points, minimal 1st downs and forced them to throw to catch up

Let's also not forgot the vaunted D that gave up lead after lead and  Td after Td of the 40-63 yard, one throw, variety.  

You do understand QB's throw more when they are trying to score, don't you?

You do understand that 3rd and 14's because of 2 negative runs are a bad thing, don't you?  They also cause QB's to throw, right?

You do understand that the Pat's pass O is top notch and their pass D is anything but.......

Don't you?  

There's NO fixing you!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

So I guess Brady was wrong in saying he sucked and that the defense bailed them out... you guys must just know more than him.  That's rich...

Yep, just like he calls the worst teams in the league tough matchups... and just like you know more than BB because he didn't force O'Brien to give the ball to BJGE like you would have.

BB could have forced OB to give the ball to anybody as long as we were not an obvious 1 aspect offense with loads of talent at our disposal. None of us who want more running care if BJGE was running the ball. We wanted an offense that "WOULD" run the ball to take pressure off of Brady, but I'm sure you think that is ridiculous Zdeno

Hmm, yet the mastermind coach who has won 3 SBs here did not. You clearly don't know me very well, TC. I am not one of the Brady ballwashers who thinks he can do no wrong and I am not one of the defensive bashers that will blame them no matter what. As I have posted many times on here (just as most of your opposition has but you continue to ignore it) I am all for a consistent run game. All for it.

But it doesn't mean the Pats are bulletproof if they play balanced offensively. I try to call it as I see it and I see a lot of garbage in Wozzy's posts (don't get me wrong, there is some good football knowledge in there too) so I respond accordingly. Maybe we should give opposing defenses a little credit for good games too? I swear some of you act as if the Pats offense is going up against 11 tackling dummies every game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Fixed it for ya.

Dollars to donuts, in the 4 losse,s he has over 40 passes in those games.  LOL!

You will never win this debate, because you're an inbred and have absolutely no idea what we're talking about here.

Dollars to donuts????  You really are a wack-job.  The difference in the losses was the awesome 2.2 ypc by our running game that resulted in minimal points, minimal 1st downs and forced them to throw to catch up

Let's also not forgot the vaunted D that gave up lead after lead and  Td after Td of the 40-63 yard, one throw, variety.  

You do understand QB's throw more when they are trying to score, don't you?

You do understand that 3rd and 14's because of 2 negative runs are a bad thing, don't you?  They also cause QB's to throw, right?

You do understand that the Pat's pass O is top notch and their pass D is anything but.......

Don't you?  

There's NO fixing you!

NO

The difference was abandoning the run, so when they tried to run it again in the second half and we subbed BJGE in, they knew it was for a run.

Hence, the 2.2. YPC when Brady throws 40+ times.

When Brady's throws 40+ times against good or great Ds, our run game is never good. However, when he throws less than 40 times per game against that same D, is IS GOOD.

You're an inbred and must shop at Walmart.   There is no denying what I've stated above.

Ah, no!  They abandoned the run because at 2.2 ypc , it was futile.  It wasn't working and they had to pass more because of it.  They didn't even abandon the run in those games, if anything they stuck with it too long.   And when your D is constantly pizzing away 2 score leads, you have to score to get it back.  You pass to win and run when you are winning.

The only thing a high pass/run ratio means is that the run is not working and or they are behind and need to score or they are ahead and don't trust the D to maintain the lead,  PERIOD!

2.2 yards per carry won't even get you a first down with 4 downs.  LOL

Why is all your expert analysis always backwards?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Yes Brady was wrong. Even ESPN after the game pointed out his stats were better than Flacco's (I know Babe hates ESPN's stats but I do not). Brady ran for a TD instead of passing one. The second int was a bad play by Brady but still a great play by the Ravens. The first int was clearly defensive holding as well as PI. The Pats were losing in the 4th quarter after Gronk's injury and still came back to take the lead. The 23 pointas scored against the 3rd ranked defense was actually pretty good.They had 5 long scoring drives against that defense. They struggled in the red zone all game but Brady's 4th quarter  4th down run for a TD was the winning score.  Brady saying he stunk means nothing to me because he has super high standards. If Brady had been playing the Pats defense he undoubtedly would have put up better numbers. 

That just proves it's WHEN you do something as a QB not what your stats or QBR is.

You don't get it.

Oh, I see. It's WHEN, hunh junior? You mean like WHEN Brady scored the winning points in the AFCCG against the Ravens - like that WHEN? Dufus.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. They never commit to a run when they have a lead and Brady is throwing 40+ times in a game. Fact.

AGAIN!!!!! Take it up with BB junior. What the hell is so hard for you to get about that? It isn't our fault BB doesn't understand your football genius, so desist with haranguing everybody on the board and just write him a fan mail, dolt. Maybe he will credit you for straightening him out at the next press conference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm, wouldn't it make MORE SENSE to realize in an offensive league that it's more likely the opposing offense has a better chance/odds of making plays our defense, which is why our own supposed lethal offense not consistently being good offensively, is MORE of the problem?

Is this English?

Did you just say it's easier for opposing offenses to have a better chance of making a play on the Pats D..............And that's not the problem???????

Thats EXACTLY the problem!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yep, just like he calls the worst teams in the league tough matchups... and just like you know more than BB because he didn't force O'Brien to give the ball to BJGE like you would have.

BB could have forced OB to give the ball to anybody as long as we were not an obvious 1 aspect offense with loads of talent at our disposal. None of us who want more running care if BJGE was running the ball. We wanted an offense that "WOULD" run the ball to take pressure off of Brady, but I'm sure you think that is ridiculous Zdeno

Hmm, yet the mastermind coach who has won 3 SBs here did not. You clearly don't know me very well, TC. I am not one of the Brady ballwashers who thinks he can do no wrong and I am not one of the defensive bashers that will blame them no matter what. As I have posted many times on here (just as most of your opposition has but you continue to ignore it) I am all for a consistent run game. All for it.

But it doesn't mean the Pats are bulletproof if they play balanced offensively. I try to call it as I see it and I see a lot of garbage in Wozzy's posts (don't get me wrong, there is some good football knowledge in there too) so I respond accordingly. Maybe we should give opposing defenses a little credit for a good games too? I swear some of you act as if the Pats offense is going up against 11 tackling dummies every game.

Umm, wouldn't it make MORE SENSE to realize in an offensive league that it's more likely the opposing offense has a better chance/odds of making plays our defense, which is why our own supposed lethal offense not consistently being good offensively, is MORE of the problem?

How is this so hard to understand? It's harder to play defense today than it was 10 years ago due to Goodell's decisions in leading this league.

Period.

I give offenses credit.  I want our offense to not look like some half baked Div II college team during large stretches of games.  Bloated stats on offense in a bloated offense masking the actual issues of our offense in recent postseasons are what aren't telling us the whole story.

YOU don't get it, while some of us do. Why not learn from those who can see it and get it?

Good ol' Rusty. I can always count on you to show me the light, my friend.

Was that whole post in response to the last sentence of my post, "Maybe we should give opposing defenses a little credit for good games too"? Even in today's game I hardly think its unfathomable that a defense can play a great game and shut down even the most potent offenses. I think your last sentence is a little harsh for what you were responding to lol.

Sections
Shortcuts