In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

12 Wins (by a combined 229 points) - 435 passes and 407 runs @ 4.4 ypc

4 Losses (by a combined 11 points) - 210 passes and 112 runs @ 2.2 ypc

Fixed it for ya.

Dollars to donuts, in the 4 losse,s he has over 40 passes in those games.  LOL!

You will never win this debate, because you're an inbred and have absolutely no idea what we're talking about here.

Dollars to donuts????  You really are a wack-job.  The difference in the losses was the awesome 2.2 ypc by our running game that resulted in minimal points, minimal 1st downs and forced them to throw to catch up

Let's also not forgot the vaunted D that gave up lead after lead and  Td after Td of the 40-63 yard, one throw, variety.  

You do understand QB's throw more when they are trying to score, don't you?

You do understand that 3rd and 14's because of 2 negative runs are a bad thing, don't you?  They also cause QB's to throw, right?

You do understand that the Pat's pass O is top notch and their pass D is anything but.......

Don't you?  

There's NO fixing you!

NO

The difference was abandoning the run, so when they tried to run it again in the second half and we subbed BJGE in, they knew it was for a run.

Hence, the 2.2. YPC when Brady throws 40+ times.

When Brady's throws 40+ times against good or great Ds, our run game is never good. However, when he throws less than 40 times per game against that same D, is IS GOOD.

You're an inbred and must shop at Walmart.   There is no denying what I've stated above.

Ah, no!  They abandoned the run because at 2.2 ypc , it was futile.  It wasn't working and they had to pass more because of it.  They didn't even abandon the run in those games, if anything they stuck with it too long.   And when your D is constantly pizzing away 2 score leads, you have to score to get it back.  You pass to win and run when you are winning.

The only thing a high pass/run ratio means is that the run is not working and or they are behind and need to score or they are ahead and don't trust the D to maintain the lead,  PERIOD!

2.2 yards per carry won't even get you a first down with 4 downs.  LOL

Why is all your expert analysis always backwards?

No. They never commit to a run when they have a lead and Brady is throwing 40+ times in a game. Fact.

Did you just say they never commit to the run when they have a lead and brady is throwing 40+ times a game?

Isn't that the very same thing you threatened to support with facts (stats) last week and couldn't produce?

Again, prove it or lose it!
    The fact is Brady throws more when the rest of the team sux.  Those are the facts!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The final word on

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

So I guess Brady was wrong in saying he sucked and that the defense bailed them out... you guys must just know more than him.  That's rich...

Yes Brady was wrong. Even ESPN after the game pointed out his stats were better than Flacco's (I know Babe hates ESPN's stats but I do not). Brady ran for a TD instead of passing one. The second int was a bad play by Brady but still a great play by the Ravens. The first int was clearly defensive holding as well as PI. The Pats were losing in the 4th quarter after Gronk's injury and still came back to take the lead. The 23 pointas scored against the 3rd ranked defense was actually pretty good.They had 5 long scoring drives against that defense. They struggled in the red zone all game but Brady's 4th quarter  4th down run for a TD was the winning score.  Brady saying he stunk means nothing to me because he has super high standards. If Brady had been playing the Pats defense he undoubtedly would have put up better numbers. 

That just proves it's WHEN you do something as a QB not what your stats or QBR is.

You don't get it.

Oh, I see. It's WHEN, hunh junior? You mean like WHEN Brady scored the winning points in the AFCCG against the Ravens - like that WHEN? Dufus.

"Winning" points? Was that before or after his god awful INTs in that same game, where it almost appeared like he was trying to make the game closer than it needed to be?  Looking to ice a game, only to open the door for the opponent on MORONIC Cutleresque INTs, is not a good thing at the beginning, middle or end of games.

You never played, sports, Gramps. That much is obvious.   Now clean out your panties. It's starting to smell in here.

It smells in here every time you open that dumb yap of yours junior. It's called "football ignoramus breath".

Back peddling and diverting again I see. Now the WHEN Brady scored the winning points in the 4th quarter doesn't matter. Now the INT that led to no Raven's points matters. I love making a fool of you junior. Not because I dislike you, but just because you ARE a fool.

Board 1,000,000, junior 0. LMAO@U

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

So I guess Brady was wrong in saying he sucked and that the defense bailed them out... you guys must just know more than him.  That's rich...

Yep, just like he calls the worst teams in the league tough matchups... and just like you know more than BB because he didn't force O'Brien to give the ball to BJGE like you would have.

BB could have forced OB to give the ball to anybody as long as we were not an obvious 1 aspect offense with loads of talent at our disposal. None of us who want more running care if BJGE was running the ball. We wanted an offense that "WOULD" run the ball to take pressure off of Brady, but I'm sure you think that is ridiculous Zdeno

Hmm, yet the mastermind coach who has won 3 SBs here did not. You clearly don't know me very well, TC. I am not one of the Brady ballwashers who thinks he can do no wrong and I am not one of the defensive bashers that will blame them no matter what. As I have posted many times on here (just as most of your opposition has but you continue to ignore it) I am all for a consistent run game. All for it.

But it doesn't mean the Pats are bulletproof if they play balanced offensively. I try to call it as I see it and I see a lot of garbage in Wozzy's posts (don't get me wrong, there is some good football knowledge in there too) so I respond accordingly. Maybe we should give opposing defenses a little credit for a good games too? I swear some of you act as if the Pats offense is going up against 11 tackling dummies every game.

Umm, wouldn't it make MORE SENSE to realize in an offensive league that it's more likely the opposing offense has a better chance/odds of making plays our defense, which is why our own supposed lethal offense not consistently being good offensively, is MORE of the problem?

How is this so hard to understand? It's harder to play defense today than it was 10 years ago due to Goodell's decisions in leading this league.

Period.

I give offenses credit.  I want our offense to not look like some half baked Div II college team during large stretches of games.  Bloated stats on offense in a bloated offense masking the actual issues of our offense in recent postseasons are what aren't telling us the whole story.

YOU don't get it, while some of us do. Why not learn from those who can see it and get it?

Good ol' Rusty. I can always count on you to show me the light, my friend.

Was that whole post in response to the last sentence of my post, "Maybe we should give opposing defenses a little credit for good games too"? Even in today's game I hardly think its unfathomable that a defense can play a great game and shut down even the most potent offenses. I think your last sentence is a little harsh for what you were responding to lol.

Good ol Captain Z. Still so in love with Brady, let's put more accountability on our own D than our future HOF QB who runs our offense, has full autonomy at the line and prefers the shotgun formation.

Not at all true. I'm good with this conversation for now though, when it boils down to it, we all want the same thing.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

our future HOF QB who runs our offense, has full autonomy at the line

Junior making things up again. As if BB couldn't tell him not to run the shotgun so much when he comes to the bench or during game planning.

Yep, BB is afraid to tell Tom to use the shotgun sparingly. Junior says so. Must be true!

LMAO@U

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, I agree which is odd as to why the Washers don't accept that Brady needs to be held accountable.

He wasn't last year in the postseason in the AFC title game or SB in their eyes. That's why these threads exist.

A normal human would simply say "I agree he must be better if we're going to win."

No junior, a normal human would agree the defense needs to stop folding at the end of SBs. That leaves you out obviously.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm, wouldn't it make MORE SENSE to realize in an offensive league that it's more likely the opposing offense has a better chance/odds of making plays our defense, which is why our own supposed lethal offense not consistently being good offensively, is MORE of the problem?

Is this English?

Did you just say it's easier for opposing offenses to have a better chance of making a play on the Pats D..............And that's not the problem???????

Thats EXACTLY the problem!!!!!

ANY D, MORON.

Any defense.  You clearly do not watch the rest of the NFL. The Giants D was "ranked" 27th last year.  All numbers have gone up. Yards, YAC, YPC, points on average, QBs passing yards, etc.

Your ability to not understand what Goodell is doing why BB is putting an emphasis on turnovers and not yards allowed, is absolutely embarrassing for a person like yourself who is over years of age.

It's amazing. You have the anaytical and comprehension skills of the neighborhood paper boy.

did you say any D and not our D?   Now, "any" means "our"??????.  You are obviously the one with the problem as you can't even read (comprehend) what YOU wrote!!!!!

Over how many years of age, crusto?  Maybe people could understand you if you learned how to write.   Fact not fiction!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Who is backing up and selling something?  Maybe you are as you stumble into the ropes. I am not "peddling" anything, professor.

It's "backpedaling", dummy. Learn basic words.

Seeing how you are a peddler in RL the spell check error turns out to be quite appropriate. You peddle snake oil everywhere you go.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Is this English?

Did you just say it's easier for opposing offenses to have a better chance of making a play on the Pats D..............And that's not the problem???????

ANY D, MORON.

Any defense.  You clearly do not watch the rest of the NFL. The Giants D was "ranked" 27th last year.  All numbers have gone up. Yards, YAC, YPC, points on average, QBs passing yards, etc.

Your ability to not understand what Goodell is doing why BB is putting an emphasis on turnovers and not yards allowed, is absolutely embarrassing for a person like yourself who is over years of age.

It's amazing. You have the anaytical and comprehension skills of the neighborhood paper boy.

did you say any D and not our D?   Now, "any" means "our"??????.  You are obviously the one with the problem as you can't even read (comprehend) what YOU wrote!!!!!

Over how many years of age, crusto?  Maybe people could understand you if you learned how to write.   Fact not fiction!

ANY D.

Yes. Ours or anyone's. All D's are behind the 8 ball these days, MORON!

Are you seriously this DUMB? I wasn't mixing and matching what I said, I am trying to tell your ignorant brain that all defenses in this league have a tougher time than Ds 10 years ago.

FACT.

Tell us why you disagree with that premise, Corky. This should be hilarious. You're the only dope here who thinks playing D in 2001 is the same as it is now after all the changes to HELP offenses.

LMAO

Right, bright boy. The Raven's D allowing 16 ppg last year is really an example of D's being behind the eight ball?

Wrong for the 1,000,001st time junior. The Raven's 3rd place D last year was top 5 quality going back 3 decades!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Who is backing up and selling something?  Maybe you are as you stumble into the ropes. I am not "peddling" anything, professor.

It's "backpedaling", dummy. Learn basic words.

Seeing how you are a peddler in RL the spell check error turns out to be quite appropriate. You peddle snake oil everywhere you go.

What's appropriate is the fact that you and your boyfriend Pezzy are out of your element again.

As usual.

Oh really? How so junior?

Because we don't think BB is afraid of Brady?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would prefer our record breaking offense scores more than barely eeking out 14 points in SB 42 or barely 17 points in SB 46.

Besides preferring the D not collapse in the endgame to deprive us of a probable 3 Lombardi's....

I would prefer the O-line not getting Brady slammed 25 times in SB 42 or the D giving the O more than only 2/3rds of the normal number of drives in SB 46 because they couldn't get off the field (or maybe even getting ONE turnover).

But you can't have everything when certain parts of the team are sucking and you have to hope Brady can carry them on his back yet again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Is this English?

ANY D, MORON.

ANY D.

Yes. Ours or anyone's. All D's are behind the 8 ball these days, MORON!

Are you seriously this DUMB? I wasn't mixing and matching what I said, I am trying to tell your ignorant brain that all defenses in this league have a tougher time than Ds 10 years ago.

FACT.

Tell us why you disagree with that premise, Corky. This should be hilarious. You're the only dope here who thinks playing D in 2001 is the same as it is now after all the changes to HELP offenses.

LMAO

Did you say any or our?  

All D's are not bad, crusty, just the ones that are ranked at the bottom of the league.

You know; like, , 27th, 31st..........Hey, aren't those the Pats rankings for the past few years?   Luckily the O was awsome in spite of that.  It's just too bad they couldn't pull it off with that heavy anchor around their ankles in the SB's.

Speak English.  I do understand a little spanish and french but never studied gibberish..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What's appropriate is the fact that you and your boyfriend Pezzy are out of your element again.

As usual.

But you and your boyfriend doggydoo are right in your element - Brady bashing.  Ingrate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

12 Wins (by a combined 229 points) - 435 passes and 407 runs @ 4.4 ypc

4 Losses (by a combined 11 points) - 210 passes and 112 runs @ 2.2 ypc

Fixed it for ya.

Dollars to donuts, in the 4 losse,s he has over 40 passes in those games.  LOL!

You will never win this debate, because you're an inbred and have absolutely no idea what we're talking about here.

Dollars to donuts????  You really are a wack-job.  The difference in the losses was the awesome 2.2 ypc by our running game that resulted in minimal points, minimal 1st downs and forced them to throw to catch up

Let's also not forgot the vaunted D that gave up lead after lead and  Td after Td of the 40-63 yard, one throw, variety.  

You do understand QB's throw more when they are trying to score, don't you?

You do understand that 3rd and 14's because of 2 negative runs are a bad thing, don't you?  They also cause QB's to throw, right?

You do understand that the Pat's pass O is top notch and their pass D is anything but.......

Don't you?  

There's NO fixing you!

NO

The difference was abandoning the run, so when they tried to run it again in the second half and we subbed BJGE in, they knew it was for a run.

Hence, the 2.2. YPC when Brady throws 40+ times.

When Brady's throws 40+ times against good or great Ds, our run game is never good. However, when he throws less than 40 times per game against that same D, is IS GOOD.

You're an inbred and must shop at Walmart.   There is no denying what I've stated above.

Ah, no!  They abandoned the run because at 2.2 ypc , it was futile.  It wasn't working and they had to pass more because of it.  They didn't even abandon the run in those games, if anything they stuck with it too long.   And when your D is constantly pizzing away 2 score leads, you have to score to get it back.  You pass to win and run when you are winning.

The only thing a high pass/run ratio means is that the run is not working and or they are behind and need to score or they are ahead and don't trust the D to maintain the lead,  PERIOD!

2.2 yards per carry won't even get you a first down with 4 downs.  LOL

Why is all your expert analysis always backwards?

No. They never commit to a run when they have a lead and Brady is throwing 40+ times in a game. Fact.

Did you just say they never commit to the run when they have a lead and brady is throwing 40+ times a game?

Isn't that the very same thing you threatened to support with facts (stats) last week and couldn't produce?

Again, prove it or lose it!
    The fact is Brady throws more when the rest of the team sux.  Those are the facts!

Show me the 4 games with the 2.2 YPC that you are claiming up above.   You are fearful to show us this.

I know which games they are. In all 4 games, all 4 LOSSES this year, Brady threw over 40 times.

You're so dumb, the whole reason why Seattle's D held and turned momentum, was not only his awful INTs or the 1/6 in the red zone, but because we quit running it and they knew they only had to defend the pass in the red zone. 

End of story.

You'll never escape it.

Seattle. STEVEN RIDLEY:  2.2 ypc with a long of 6.  The pats did not begin to score until they went shot gun.  D burned with a 63 and 40 yard TD.  Ineffective running led to 6 points in the first half 

fBalty 2.3 ypc  D blew (2) two score leads  Brady had to regain the lead twice.

Cardinals  Behind and TB mounted a stunning drive 8/10 to pull within 2.  TD called back because of penality, Ghost missed FG.  IN other words the whole team sucked and TB brought them back with his THROWS. . Was also sacked 4 times.

SF, Brady furiously brings them back from a 28 point hole (in 11 minutes)  Mostly passes because of time, and special teams and D blew it again.

Like I said, they throw more when they HAVE to, because the D and ST and RB's are stinking up the joint.

Now where are your stats that say TB throws more when they are winning?  Still waiting!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Not totally true, Pezz... at least with regards to the San Fran game. The defense did give up a quick touchdown following the offense tying the game, however the offense then had two additional drives in which they could have tied the game and they failed in both situations. 

I also agree that the defense struggled early in the San Fran game, thus causing a 31-3 score, however the offense was also largely responsible for that. Lots of poor execution and turnovers on their behalf.

Let's also not forget that the special teams struggled mightily in that game and gave up a big return on the play preceding the touchdown pass to Crabtree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Not totally true, Pezz... at least with regards to the San Fran game. The defense did give up a quick touchdown following the offense tying the game, however the offense then had two additional drives in which they could have tied the game and they failed in both situations. 

I also agree that the defense struggled early in the San Fran game, thus causing a 31-3 score, however the offense was also largely responsible for that. Lots of poor execution and turnovers on their behalf.

Let's also not forget that the special teams struggled mightily in that game and gave up a big return on the play preceding the touchdown pass to Crabtree.

Despite any lack of excellence by the O or D on that SF game, I place the lion's share of the blame on STs.

You will pretty much NEVER win against a decent team with ST play like that. STs are like a young lass; "A mayde schuld be seen, but not herd.".....unless it's something very helpful that they did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Didn't they get another FG? 

Oh, I see, the O is required to score on 7 of 7 consecutive drives but the D and ST's  are not required to make a stop and giving up 41 points is perfecly acceptable.

That's because all NFL teams score on 7/7 drives and all NFL defenses give up 41 pts with regularity, right?  Especially to 3 game starters.

Let's not forget this one.  Brady had no business throwing 40+ times to try and bring his team to victory, because crusty said so.  Maybe if he just handed it off to Ridley, he could have run it in for (7), 80 yard TD's.  Right?  ugh

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In the SF game, the O line really struggled.  In many ways it was similar to the Giants' Super Bowls. I've never been one to say the offense is perfect or even that Brady is perfect. My only objection is to those posters who claim the defense played great when it didn't . . . and who think that the "solution" to (the rare) offensive problems is to "rein in Brady," abandon the shotgun, and just run more with a "lead" back who is never subbed for.  That in my opinion is an overly simplistic approach that doesn't appreciate the complexity of modern football.  

Sections
Shortcuts