The first offensive play of the first playoff game:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The first offensive play of the first playoff game:

A screen pass of some kind... followed by a draw... then play action?

Maybe this cures some of the slow starts on offense?

O'brien, what you think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game:

Well I think we'd all love to see that, ya know...

If they start slow, I was thinking some easy stuff to get going...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Ridley or BJGE off tackle for 1 yard. 2nd down the same. Then Brady throws it into the feet of Welker on 3rd & 8 for a 3 & out. Repeat until the 2nd or 3rd quarter when they decide to start playing. Obvious sarcasm here....

Praying that Obrien comes up with a real game plan this year. Another slow start could be costly against a better defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It will be a play that will draw praise from some and scorn from others.  Count on it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game::
    [QUOTE]Five wide and hit Gronk up the seam for about 40.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I agree. But with a stipulation.

BB does not need to defer to the second half. get the ball first, score and give the defense a lead to protect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

RB in backfield and 2 TE all in for MAX protect. Long pass to Ocho.

um..err...ok a draw sound good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Ridley or BJGE off tackle for 1 yard. 2nd down the same. Then Brady throws it into the feet of Welker on 3rd & 8 for a 3 & out. Repeat until the 2nd or 3rd quarter when they decide to start playing. Obvious sarcasm here.... Praying that Obrien comes up with a real game plan this year. Another slow start could be costly against a better defense.
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

oh, someone else noticed this pattern.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game: : I agree. But with a stipulation. BB does not need to defer to the second half. get the ball first, score and give the defense a lead to protect.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I would also like to see the Pats take the ball to start the game. It seems that winning the coin toss meant receiving the ball for as long as I can remember, until the last couple years, now it's the complete opposite.

The whole double score thing sounds great, but how often does it work? I'd prefer getting the ball and scoring. Establishing a lead and keeping it instead of having to play catchup for the first half.... although getting the ball 1st doesn't guarantee they actually score.

I just hope we aren't devastated like the last 2 years (and the SB that they never really ever got into any kind of groove in)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We hand it off to get the butterflies out. Throwing the ball could change momentum with a bad pass. No need to take a chance spotting 7 first play. Go conservative till you get the feel of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game: : I agree. But with a stipulation. BB does not need to defer to the second half. get the ball first, score and give the defense a lead to protect.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

i love the defer to the second half..we are very dangerous in the two minute drill at the end of halfs and to know we get the ball right back after halftime is great..we are pretty good at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Play action fake, bomb to 85 running a double move post route.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, actually...we'll win the toss and defer.

So, the opposing team (whoever that may be) will actually have the first offensive play of the game and will throw an INT....lol Laughing

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game: : Umm, we're awful at drives coming out of halftime. Name the last time we even got a FG out of halftime on that drive.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Way to many 3 and outs starting off the 2nd halfs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Ridley or BJGE off tackle for 1 yard. 2nd down the same. Then Brady throws it into the feet of Welker on 3rd & 8 for a 3 & out. Repeat until the 2nd or 3rd quarter when they decide to start playing. Obvious sarcasm here.... Praying that Obrien comes up with a real game plan this year. Another slow start could be costly against a better defense.

LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game: : Umm, we're awful at drives coming out of halftime. Name the last time we even got a FG out of halftime on that drive.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Yesterday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game:": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The first offensive play of the first playoff game: : Umm, we're awful at drives coming out of halftime. Name the last time we even got a FG out of halftime on that drive. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] How bout Buffalo, and before that MIA, and Was, and IND, and well I didn't check them all but quite alot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Best thing is to get a first down. Best way to do that- Welker. Brady is something like 80% going to Welker. I don't believe there's a receiver in the NFL open more than Welker. And he wasn't playing the first drive of the last two playoff games.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

QB sneak to get it out of his system....and scratched from the OB play-card.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bring in Vereen. 4 wide, Vereen in backfield. Chips the LB rushing Brady then goes out into the flat. Open field with the ball in his hands is gold. Does anyone think we'll seen Vereen in the playoffs? I'm wishing, but of course, it's just that given he hasn't played much at all.

We could also use Edleman like this. I'd like to see us use some more screens to Edelman or reverses to him. Heck, send him on a reverse and have him stop, chuck it downfield to Ocho.

Be interesting to see what O'Brien has up his sleeve if he has any sleeves left.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The last thing I want to see is an untested RB getting the first or for that matter any play in the playoffs. He had 16 games to show something, see him next year. What's behind door number three isn't always a new car.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NMEXpatfan. Show NMEXpatfan's posts

Sections
Shortcuts