3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux!

In Response to Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux!:
    In Response to Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux! : I think I understand, every other team has improved, the Jets have torn apart their team and everything they have done has made it worse, 2nd year players on the Jets will all be worse than their rooke years and the majority of the NFL team are trying to win games and make the playoffs.  Does that sum it up?
    Posted by PhatRex

I think that's extreme. Did the Jets improve or take a step back...we won't know that for a few weeks. IMO the running game won't be what it was and that means Sanchez is going to have to do a lot more than just watch the back of Thomas Jones run down the field or throw screens.
    He's going to have to find receivers downfield like grown up QB's and that's what I question about him. I don't think he has good decision making capabilities and that's why I said a year or two on the bench would have done him good. Especially playing in NY.

The D should be fine with the exception that everyone's seen the blitzkrieg style of defense and I doubt it will be as affective this year.

Maybe if they were a little more modest with their approach they wouldn't be getting what they are. Every team, every player thinks their team is going to win the SB but I don't hear any of them mouthing off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd take Mayo over Harris 10 times out of 10 times. The Panthers were Peppers-less as well. Rothlisberger had a much better season *stat wise* his first year. His only problem was Bill B and the Pats D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mark Sanchez should have been practicing all offseason so that he'd blossom in his sophomore year.  Instead he had two months of recovery from his knee operation.

Rex told the doctor to put his left knee on backwards so that he could drop back quicker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Mark Sanchez should have been practicing all offseason so that he'd blossom in his sophomore year.  Instead he had two months of recovery from his knee operation. Rex told the doctor to put his left knee on backwards so that he could drop back quicker.
    Posted by Paul_K

That's pretty funny!

No one's talking about the knee but let's face it Buddy Ryan himself would have put a bounty on Sanchez's knee. Someone's gonna go all kobra kai and test that surgically repaired leg. Is KC on the schedule? What about Pittsbugh?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux! : That's pretty funny! No one's talking about the knee but let's face it Buddy Ryan himself would have put a bounty on Sanchez's knee. Someone's gonna go all kobra kai and test that surgically repaired leg. Is KC on the schedule? What about Pittsbugh?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Kobra kai!!!!  We will defeat him crane style.  Wax off bish!@!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

I sure would be fine with a repeat of his performace in the playoffs. - PhatRex

You mean the 12-15 play pass offense he was "managed" with during that stretch that every coach in the league has now seen and can game plan for?

Me too. Glad we agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

Sorry Phat, I've already agreed that I'd take Mangold every day over Koppen so your argument about only picking Pats players is DOA. I'd take Revis over every cornerback we have. I'd take Green over all of our RBs except Faulk too, but I would never take Ryan (even with the same last name) or Sanchez over our two guys. That's the WHOLE POINT! Look at every Super Bowl winner of the past decade with the exception of the year the Ravens won it with a once a decade defense- the common thread...Quarterback and coach. Period. Empirical EVIDENCE right there on paper. (and yes that even includes the "other" Manning in NY - he outplayed Brady and BB was outcoached sticking with a long ball/long developing play game plan instead of three step drops in the Superbowl after it was shown our OL couldn't handle the front four of the Giants). I can criticize what I know are weaknesses with my team...you obviously cannot - so much the sweeter when teams load up on the Jets' run game and watch Sanchez fail to take over the game himself.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

12 TDs.
    20 INTs.

Even a HUGE improvement would land him at 15/15...which is still well below average. I've been beating this drum since the end of last season, Sanchez will keep the Jets back as long as he's there. Got better in the playoffs my a s s. He didn't do anything. No, he didn't run a low risk offense like Brady in 01, he did NOTHING!

It is still the preseason though. I'll wait until a few games count to really pounce on this.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux! : Didn't do anything?  Wow!  You call 23/42 for 154 yds 2TDs & 3 picks not doing anything?
    Posted by PhatRex

Rexy, none of us knows what Sanchez will amount to...he could end up a star, he could end up a bust. The jury is out, and therefore it is way too early to be so optimistic about a team whose QB is a very large ?.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: The Fr(S)anchize, Part Deux! : Why too early?  Last year showed a very good foundation in the first year of Rex etc and 8 new starters.  New starters on the Patriots were an excuse to get blown out by the Ravens and finish with less wins than the backup QB had.  New players on the Jets were the reason they did as well as they did. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Still need a QB firing on all cylinders to get you to the promised land...can't do it on D alone, and Jets O-line seems to be missing Faneca.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"...the problem with Sanchez is that he has flashed the kind of ability to lose the Jets any game. Yes, he was a rookie quarterback, but he was a rookie quarterback given the best offensive line in football and plenty of targets to aim at — he just made bad decisions over and over again on his way to grading out as our worst-ranked quarterback.

"So far, every good performance like the one in the playoffs against the Bengals has been balanced by some horrible play such as the trip to New England when he seemed to think Leigh Bodden was on his team. Of course, we expect rookies to develop and improve after their first year and it would be foolish to suggest Sanchez couldn’t. But there was something about the way Sanchez dealt with pressure (a -3.0 rating when teams brought it) that lingers.  Compare this to a rookie Matt Ryan (+19.5), but it’s an illustration of just how far Sanchez has to go."

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/08/18/good-newsbad-news-new-york-jets/

I really like this site for hard information.  Way to rip the Sancheese's performance with hard numbers.  Bring it!  Sancheese hasn't been getting stronger or more accurate over the offseason because he's been recovering from offseason knee surgery.

Pat White is available!  How about the New York WildPat!

Sections
Shortcuts