the future of the team/ young vs old

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the future of the team/ young vs old

these are some of the topics im reading on here.and i have to wonder why worry about the future,when the teams goal is this year?there is no such thing as building for the future,not in todays NFL.not with free agency.in the 70,s or early 80,s then yes,but not today.younger players,or older players are not gonna determine how good the team will be.if they are playmakers that makes the plays it will determine the out come.there are many great players in there 30,s who are great playmakers,and some who are not.many younger faster players who never amount to more then being average.some turn into good ones.I want the pats to win this year,rather if its by a younger,or older playmaker,not just a younger,or older body on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: the future is now/ young vs old

In Response to the future is now/ young vs old:
    [QUOTE]these are some of the topics im reading on here.and i have to wonder why worry about the future,when the teams goal is this year?there is no such thing as building for the future,not in todays NFL.not with free agency.in the 70,s or early 80,s then yes,but not today.younger players,or older players are not gonna determine how good the team will be.if they are playmakers that makes the plays it will determine the out come.there are many great players in there 30,s who are great playmakers,and some who are not.many younger faster players who never amount to more then being average.some turn into good ones.I want the pats to win this year,rather if its by a younger,or older playmaker,not just a younger,or older body on the team.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Amen. A great post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I Agree.IT takes the two,Both Young ,and old playmakers to make it work.just adding bodies on a team dosent improve it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

You can have all the draft picks you want, but unless you are going to deal them for a proven player (e.g. Moss), then you need to make good picks...and I don't like that recent record so much...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I always wondered whether BB likes winning that much...or he just hates losing that much more. Talented young guys can make some plays, but they can mess up big time, due to inexperience, and cost you a game, especially in the secondary. BB is walking a tightrope this year with all the personnel changes, but barring a major or a rash of injuries, I think he likes what he sees. I also think that in-season coaching will be very intense for all the coaches putting schemes together with the new guys, and I think the coaches like it that way. They're aiming to be ready to beat anybody by playoff time, but the road there could have a few bumps along the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: the future of the team/ young vs old

thats what im saying you can have 53 young players on the team,but it dosent make them great playmakers.you need leadership.mayo is the only young playmaker we have the rest are unproven bodies.you cant add welker,for he is pushing 30 soon.i guess that makes him over the middle age area???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This defense can no longer be counted on in the clutch. We dont have a single clutch player on that entire defense. How are we going to win the tight games in the plaoffs against solid teams like the Steelers if we can rely on the defense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im concerned.a lot of people think haveing all young bodies on the team,is gonna set the defense over the top.i wish that was true,and would love to see it,but in reality,we are gonna see a very confused team out there, on defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We will not be clutch when it counts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

Moreover, we haven't been clutch for a while, whether in the playoffs on D or in the draftroom.  Everthing had an end, and it seems like the beginning of this one may have begun with the coaching exodus of 2005...gut feel is that the D began to decline around then.  And now, the weakness of our player development (beyond acquiring proven vets in special cases) has been exposed in its inability to fill the void of aging vets....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yes the D is young but not inexperienced. We have players who have been in our system for a few years. With Merriweather,Sanders,Mayo(2nd year but plays like vet),Adalius,Wilfork,Wright,Warren,and Jarvis Green we have enough consistent performers in each unit to compliment the additions of veterans Springs,Bodden,Burgess, and inexperienced guys Brace,Wilhite,Guyton,Butler,and Pierre Woods. I think we have a great blend of system guys, youth and power.

Belichick and the coaching staff may have to be a little more hands on with these guys then they were with the old vets but maybe that is a good thing! Most of these guys are high draft picks and proven players at there respective levels. there is no reason to think that with the best coach in the league and a pretty friendly 1st half schedule that this defense will not do well in 2009!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I don't think we're in that bad of shape.I know we're not the Ravens,but our defense was ranked 8th in scoring last year and our SB loss the year before was more due to our offense only scoring 14 pts rather than the 17 pts we gave up.Last year Bruschi,Vrabel and Harrison combined for 2 INT's,0 FF's and 4 sacks.Yes,that's combined.Seymour is going to be missed but BB had no other choice but to prepare for the future.1 more year of Sey,or 5-6 years of top draft talent.You do the math.We haven't even played a game yet,patience grasshoppers.