The game is 60 MINUTES LONG... amazing to read the posts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The game is 60 MINUTES LONG... amazing to read the posts...

here when the game hadn't even reached the first half!!  What a bunch of lemings who all rush to the cliff and jump!  Talk about no trust in the team to turn it around and pull the game out.  Then the very same posters are all gushing about the Pats when they score 45 points in the second half.  That game string.. especially after the Bills went up 21 - 7..  wow...  jumping all over the place.  Aren't you all glad you aren't Bills' fans??!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: The game is 60 MINUTES LONG... amazing to read the posts...

LOL. I dunno....I waited until the game was over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Acgbill, you make good points. To each his own.

I happen to be one of those irrational fans who swings from one end of the spectrum to the other.....many times during a game.

When I got to work tomorrow morning, I'll have ample opportunities to excercise logic and rationale.

But on Sundays, however, I'll grab a 6-pack,steaks and some port and act like a neanderthal....just the way I like it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

here when the game hadn't even reached the first half!!  What a bunch of lemings who all rush to the cliff and jump!  Talk about no trust in the team to turn it around and pull the game out.  Then the very same posters are all gushing about the Pats when they score 45 points in the second half.  That game string.. especially after the Bills went up 21 - 7..  wow...  jumping all over the place.  Aren't you all glad you aren't Bills' fans??!!

[/QUOTE]

Indeed. A model franchise has never had a collection of whinier, pansy fans than ours. If the Pats are not up by 21 five minutes into the game, they're peeing all over themselves.

Football is a game of ebbs and flows. Sometimes teams come out with a look you hadn't seen before, and you have to adjust. Sometimes you commit a turnover or two and have to overcome. Sometimes you have to scrap the gameplan you've been working on all week due to a key injury. With all that, the Pats are 27-5 over the last two regular seasons, and few of those wins were walkovers. But they have the smarts and the mettle to adjust to adversity.

In a league where double-digit wins occur every week, it is EXTREMELY RARE for the Patriots to lose a game by a touchdown. At some point you'd think our fans would realize that although they are not perfect, they know what the hell they're doing. They're going to be in more games than not, no matter what happens in the 1st quarter.

So, learn to relax and enjoy the game...'cause 27 out of 32 times, BB & Co. will figure out a way to get it done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Is this a poetry reading? Are we taking a calculus class? Are we playing cribbage over tea?

Or is this a football game we're watching where it really is OK to yell and scream and belch and fahrt and curse at anything that moves?

You want

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this a poetry reading? Are we taking a calculus class? Are we playing cribbage over tea?

Or is this a football game we're watching where it really is OK to yell and scream and belch and fahrt and curse at anything that moves?

You want

[/QUOTE]

Hey, to each his own. I don't mind the ones who say, "That play suckked!" But the ones who cry, "We're doomed," or "Game over," when the Pats are down in the 2nd quarter are straight-up sissies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'm with you there. No need to be a chicken little.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Nothing wrong with commenting on what's going on in the game, lets face it they were horrible in the first half , particularly on offense. What are we supposed to say? This is great, just how I envisioned it? This is what being a fan is, if we don't care when they stink and laugh it off then we are not really a fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You want

[/QUOTE]

Hey, to each his own. I don't mind the ones who say, "That play suckked!" But the ones who cry, "We're doomed," or "Game over," when the Pats are down in the 2nd quarter are straight-up sissies.

[/QUOTE]

Sissys? Maybe too negative but we are not the ones playing. At 21-7 it didn't look like they were going to win. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I think you care WAY too much about how other fans watch/react to the game.....just get over it and enjoy the game. You starting your own thread whinning about whinners is even more annoying, just ignore them, it is not difficult!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you care WAY too much about how other fans watch/react to the game.....just get over it and enjoy the game. You starting your own thread whinning about whinners is even more annoying, just ignore them, it is not difficult!

[/QUOTE]

Just ignore them?  Did you count how many discussions were started even before the game hit half time by folks who were dumping on the Pats?  When the board is flooded with nay-sayers..  tough to ignore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

love your posts agscbill ..... but it's deja-vu almost every game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I didn't panic . Bills games have more swings than a kiddie playground .

went to buffalo game last December .  21-0 Bills by the time I got to my seat.  Final score 48-21 pats.

That, plus the fumbles by gronk and Welker were rarities.  I would have been more concerned by picks.

all that said , I was too busy switching over to Ryder cup drama to pay any attention to the board.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yeah, it goes both ways.  A bunch of the people who claim that they would never say such drivel, don't actually appear as posters on gamedays.

So how many who don't post, still say the same things in the comfort of their living room?  In other words, saying it and writing it are the same thing.

Funny thing is, when you show too much optimism around here, you're labelled "pie-eyed". 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I tried posting during the game once and it's simply not my brand of beer.  I typically wait until post-game or the following day.  That said, in the spirit of full disclosure, when the Pats fell behind 21-7 I did say "I knew not taking advantage of those turnovers would come back to bite us in the a $$.' That said, that's pretty much as negative as I got from a game standpoint.

I was a little suprised when I did check out the forum at the level of negativity but, hey, different strokes for different folks. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

1 TD 2 turnovers 2 punts 2 missed FGs and two no points off of Bills turnovers. How do you expect people to act after watching a half like that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't post during games....never have....never will....too busy actually WATCHING THE GAME!! That being said, can anyone actually say they weren't a little pissed off during the first half as the Pats were playing like crap? I have to admit the f bombs were flying in my living room!! I don't mind getting beat by a good team, but self destructing bad play is tough to swallow.

That doesn't mean I gave up. Did the notion of going to 1-3 cross my mind after watching the first half debacle? My guess is that 99% of of us were a little concerned at that point when we were down 21-7.

Nothing wrong with being pissed off about crappy play during a game. Posting on the forum that the sky is falling with 2 quarters to go is certainly a bit extreme though....I will wait to comment after the game has ended (usually the next day). All I know is that this team showed some heart yesterday....and it was awesome to see.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

love your posts agscbill ..... but it's deja-vu almost every game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is... and they never learn, do they?  The only time we may never see negatism here is when the Pats jump out to a lead on their very first possession and they shut out the opponent.  Games are ebb and flows and so many folks just go out with the tide not knowing it will come back in. As I noted to Freediro, it is not the "caring", it is simply being amazed at how quickly folks jump off the band wagon at the slightest hint of poor play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1 TD 2 turnovers 2 punts 2 missed FGs and two no points off of Bills turnovers. How do you expect people to act after watching a half like that?

[/QUOTE]

Knowing there is a second half?

I know that is a simplistic answer, but, from that first half you could tell the Pats were all over the Bills but for some unfortunate bounces of the ball.  Look what happend in the second half, right?

Sections
Shortcuts