The Greatest Ever?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The Greatest Ever?

I have said from day one here....Brady is the best of all time.....

And on that I can be charged as being a "homer"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I didn't bother reading the OP's book, but I can tell you that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time without a doubt in my mind, and no one can deny that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Francesa is a complete toolbag.  He fits the NY market to a T.

I wonder if he actually watched the games or slept through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAONQyJWC-8

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I have said from day one here....Brady is the best of all time.....

And on that I can be charged as being a "homer"

It's not being a homer when the facts back you up.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

FIRST Belichicks Pats broke Lombardis Packers record of 9 straight playoff wins by going 10 straight from 2001 - 2005, and Brady started 10-0 in playoff games....Bart Starr was Green Bays QB during their run and finished 9-1 for a 0.900 playoff percentage....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

My Top 5, in no particular order (except chronological)

Baugh

Graham

Unitas

Montana

Brady

The next 5

Luckman

Starr

P. Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Other  Notables - Brodie, Jurgensen, Tarkenton, Staubach, Bradshaw, Fouts, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman, Favre

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

My Top 5, in no particular order (except chronological)

Baugh

Graham

Unitas

Montana

Brady

The next 5

Luckman

Starr

P. Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Other  Notables - Brodie, Jurgensen, Tarkenton, Staubach, Bradshaw, Fouts, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman, Favre

That's a pretty good Top 5.  I'd say it's pretty accurate. 

Trouble is that too many people have never seen Baugh or Unitas play so they rely on what they read to form an opinion.  And for some people, only what they saw in their lifetime is even considered.

I'd have Unitas #1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I can't see labeling someone the GOAT that plays in a TEAM sport.  One of the greatest?  Sure.

There are just too many factors involved when you play in a team sport.  

Ironically, one that has nothing to do with playing a team sport is the ERA in which the individual played in.  This is now a passing league with rules that encourage just that.

Then, take into account how good this players offensive line was,  how good their running game was,  how good the receivers were or even how good the defense was.

Also, what type of offense was run could be a factor.  

Individual accolades are nice but it's still a team sport.  

Brady is surely one the Best of all time but THE Best? I don't know. I leave that to all the fans that find that kind of thing important that one of their favorite players is considered the GOAT.  

Me, not so much.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Brady will need another ring and a strong finish to his career.  He needs to lower the drawbridge and drain the moat and get back to basics before that will happen.

=======================================

Let me tell you the best way for Brady to get another ring and maybe I'm only California Dreaming ?

Firstly, I think SF would have won with Alex Smith who tosses very few picks and is mobile enough to get 5-10 yards for 1st downs. Recall 3 years ago he had SF ahead vs the hated Giants who then went on to beat Pats in SB. In that NFC title game,  2 bonehead fumbles led to a tying field goal and a winning one in OT. He did get KC 44 points this year...not his fault Indy got 45.

If 49ers had Brady, they'd won the SB last 2 years. I'd trade Kap(10+ years perhaps) now for Brady(2-3 years left) so he could be in his home town, Santa Clara, with a new stadium winning a SB with his idol, Joe Montana's team. And because of the Alex Smith trade, SF can toss in a Draft pick too.

But, I am a Pats fan too so I don't know if I'd wish Kap on the team as he has not been clutch passing the last 2 years stalling on the 5 yard line vs Ravens with 4 misses to Crabtree and this year tossing an Ally Oop type pass on 1st down to 6'1" Crabtree with 6'6" Sherman in front of him. Kap's running got him to both those games so why he didn't run 1-2 times from the pick option is beyond me. Harbaugh's fault too but maybe BB could turn Kap into a great passer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

Montana 4-0 in SB's with a 127.8 rating

brady 3-2 in SB's with a 93.8 rating

Apples and Oranges

Montana had a stacked team and no worries regarding CAP space as there was no CAP.

How some don't get this boggles my mind....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Montana 4-0 in SB's with a 127.8 rating

brady 3-2 in SB's with a 93.8 rating

Apples and Oranges

Montana had a stacked team and no worries regarding CAP space as there was no CAP.

How some don't get this boggles my mind....

The CAP was one of the things I meant to include when having to take the era in which they played into consideration.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stats can make the case for just about any top flight QB being the GoaT, or the best in the playoffs, when you pick and choose the ones you want to use.

This will be discussed until the cows come home.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Here is the way I see it....

In the two SB loses, with the game on the line, Brady led his team to touchdowns and leads. The D could not hold the lead. That says to me that Brady is clutch. This past year he led the team to 3 wins and it should have been 5 in the last minutes (carolina PI was a joke and Jets FG was a gimme).... anyway, what more could he have done to win those games? I guess you could say play more consistently from the beginning of the game but comon' man....

Is Brady better than Montana? Unitas? or any of the others? we will never fully know because of the differences in the game, the conditions of the field and the teams surrounding them. It is a great discussion/argument to have with a cold beer or two and fans on both sides to compare things, but I don't think it will ever be clear to all parties.

In the modern game I would take Brady over any other quarterback, period. There are only three to five that you could consider in his league and they are the manning brothers and roethlisberger. Maybe add in Rodgers and Brees but I would still take Brady over all of them. Even today. Call me a homer if you want but I think the facts back me up a bit. 

Anyway, I think that all the stats and all that are just ways to prove a point... it depends what point you want to make... Manning had the most completions in the recent superbowl. Does anyone think he played well? He was done after the first quarter, maybe the first drive. I have not seen Brady fold like that, ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Let me tell you the best way for Brady to get another ring and maybe I'm only California Dreaming ?

Firstly, I think SF would have won with Alex Smith who tosses very few picks and is mobile enough to get 5-10 yards for 1st downs. Recall 3 years ago he had SF ahead vs the hated Giants who then went on to beat Pats in SB. In that NFC title game,  2 bonehead fumbles led to a tying field goal and a winning one in OT. He did get KC 44 points this year...not his fault Indy got 45.

If 49ers had Brady, they'd won the SB last 2 years. I'd trade Kap(10+ years perhaps) now for Brady(2-3 years left) so he could be in his home town, Santa Clara, with a new stadium winning a SB with his idol, Joe Montana's team. And because of the Alex Smith trade, SF can toss in a Draft pick too.

But, I am a Pats fan too so I don't know if I'd wish Kap on the team as he has not been clutch passing the last 2 years stalling on the 5 yard line vs Ravens with 4 misses to Crabtree and this year tossing an Ally Oop type pass on 1st down to 6'1" Crabtree with 6'6" Sherman in front of him. Kap's running got him to both those games so why he didn't run 1-2 times from the pick option is beyond me. Harbaugh's fault too but maybe BB could turn Kap into a great passer.

Are you female or a male under 13?

[/QUOTE]

That's the 2nd time you asked if I was male or female and this time added under age 13. Instead of attempting an insult would you be "man enough" as they say, and irrespective of your name, I don't know what sex you are or sexual preference you prefer, to be specific regarding disagreeing with the contents of my posts.

If you are so interested in who I am without objectively telling me why, read my profile and I'm proud to add to it and admit I am a former Marine Officer Vietnam Combat Veteran !!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Are you female or a male under 13?

That's the 2nd time you asked if I was male or female and this time added under age 13. Instead of attempting an insult would you be "man enough" as they say, and irrespective of your name, I don't know what sex you are or sexual preference you prefer, to be specific regarding disagreeing with the contents of my posts.

If you are so interested in who I am without objectively telling me why, read my profile and I'm proud to add to it and admit I am a former Marine Officer Vietnam Combat Veteran !!!

[/QUOTE]

I only asked because the only people I know that have multiple "favorite" teams are either little kids or female.

[/QUOTE]

I know many people not just kids and females who are fans of different teams and many are ExPats from one coast to the other. But I favor the Boston teams first and San Francisco 2nd and it was amazing that in the last 3 years the Pats and 49ers could have met in the Super Bowl but fate did not permit it.

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been.  But can’t a man have more than one love ? I'm a Sox fan 1st but I like the A’s too across the Bay and Giants here too.  I root first for the Pats but also I have a pretty good backup team to keep up my NFL hopes, the 49ers !!! How could a local person not have been caught up favorably in the Montana/Rice/Young chanmpionships ?  And the Celtics are my #1 basketball team so I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers, whom I hate as much as the Yankees!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts