The Greatest Ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: The Greatest Ever?

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Are you female or a male under 13?

That's the 2nd time you asked if I was male or female and this time added under age 13. Instead of attempting an insult would you be "man enough" as they say, and irrespective of your name, I don't know what sex you are or sexual preference you prefer, to be specific regarding disagreeing with the contents of my posts.

If you are so interested in who I am without objectively telling me why, read my profile and I'm proud to add to it and admit I am a former Marine Officer Vietnam Combat Veteran !!!

I only asked because the only people I know that have multiple "favorite" teams are either little kids or female.

I know many people not just kids and females who are fans of different teams and many are ExPats from one coast to the other. But I favor the Boston teams first and San Francisco 2nd and it was amazing that in the last 3 years the Pats and 49ers could have met in the Super Bowl but fate did not permit it.

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been.  But can’t a man have more than one love ? I like the A’s too across the Bay.  I root first for the Pats but also I have a pretty good backup team to keep up my NFL hopes, the 49ers !!!  And the Celtics are my #1 basketball team so I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers, whom I hate as much as the Yankees!!!

Whatever blows your skirt up, I guess.

You did not make one objective comment pro or con with regard to the contents of my post other than your inability to understand why a person can't be a fan of different teams. Instead of name calling which you've done, I prefer not to do it as I might have asked if you were a pedofiliac interested in knowing if one's age is under 13 so when an argument couldn't be settled intelligently in a discussion, I prefered to settle the matter by boxing !!!

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

You did not make one objective comment pro or con with regard to the contents of my post other than your inability to understand why a person can't be a fan of different teams. Instead of name calling which you've done, I prefer not to do it as I might have asked if your were a pedofiliac interested in knowing if one's age is under 13 so when an argument couldn't be settled intelligently in a discussion, I prefered to settle the matter by boxing !!!

I didn't call you any names. 

Nor did we have an argument, and exactly how would we settle it by "boxing" on the internet?

[/QUOTE]

Re: Whatever blows your skirt up, I guess.

I never said I was a Scot so I consider wearing a skirt an insult. You are pretty bold with your words hitting your keyboard.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

^Not readable.

Brady will need another ring and a strong finish to his career.  He needs to lower the drawbridge and drain the moat and get back to basics before that will happen.

Unreadable because you don't know how. Dope

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Brady will need another ring and a strong finish to his career.  He needs to lower the drawbridge and drain the moat and get back to basics before that will happen.

=======================================

Let me tell you the best way for Brady to get another ring and maybe I'm only California Dreaming ?

Firstly, I think SF would have won with Alex Smith who tosses very few picks and is mobile enough to get 5-10 yards for 1st downs. Recall 3 years ago he had SF ahead vs the hated Giants who then went on to beat Pats in SB. In that NFC title game,  2 bonehead fumbles led to a tying field goal and a winning one in OT. He did get KC 44 points this year...not his fault Indy got 45.

If 49ers had Brady, they'd won the SB last 2 years. I'd trade Kap(10+ years perhaps) now for Brady(2-3 years left) so he could be in his home town, Santa Clara, with a new stadium winning a SB with his idol, Joe Montana's team. And because of the Alex Smith trade, SF can toss in a Draft pick too.

But, I am a Pats fan too so I don't know if I'd wish Kap on the team as he has not been clutch passing the last 2 years stalling on the 5 yard line vs Ravens with 4 misses to Crabtree and this year tossing an Ally Oop type pass on 1st down to 6'1" Crabtree with 6'6" Sherman in front of him. Kap's running got him to both those games so why he didn't run 1-2 times from the pick option is beyond me. Harbaugh's fault too but maybe BB could turn Kap into a great passer.

I honestly don't mean to be nasty when i say this but no one wants to hear the fantasy that you have as SF fan of TB going there. its makes me hurt thinking of TB gone for Kaep.

Kaep is above average at best right now and just I dont' still dont get the two team thing. that may be the big thing idk 

Re: Whatever blows your skirt up, I guess.

I never said I was a Scot so I consider wearing a skirt an insult. You are pretty bold with your words hitting your keyboard.

Geez, it's a simple saying. Sorry, didn't realize that you were so sensitive.

Not being bold at all, you were the one claiming to settle your disputes by "boxing"

I'm sensitive ??? Twice you ask if I'm a female and the 2nd time under 13 ?  And I'm not to be affronted by "Whatever blows your skirt up". Only Scots, maybe some gay men too, wear skirts.

Just some friendly suggestions:

Whatever paints your wagon, different strokes for different folks, whatever turns you on, whatever your cup of tea etc. etc. like so.....
    -rubs your Buddha
    -trips your trigger
    -charges your batteries
    -pops your cork
    -feeds you needs
    -butters you toast
    -frost your cookies
    -rings your bell
    -tips your hat
    -polishes you porcelain

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to bustchiseloveskrapper45's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

My Top 5, in no particular order (except chronological)

Baugh

Graham

Unitas

Montana

Brady

The next 5

Luckman

Starr

P. Manning

Rodgers

Brees

Other  Notables - Brodie, Jurgensen, Tarkenton, Staubach, Bradshaw, Fouts, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman, Favre

NH...your old man's face fell off, didn't it?!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Good one, except you're not the first to point that out

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

=======================================

Let me tell you the best way for Brady to get another ring and maybe I'm only California Dreaming ?

Firstly, I think SF would have won with Alex Smith who tosses very few picks and is mobile enough to get 5-10 yards for 1st downs. Recall 3 years ago he had SF ahead vs the hated Giants who then went on to beat Pats in SB. In that NFC title game,  2 bonehead fumbles led to a tying field goal and a winning one in OT. He did get KC 44 points this year...not his fault Indy got 45.

If 49ers had Brady, they'd won the SB last 2 years. I'd trade Kap(10+ years perhaps) now for Brady(2-3 years left) so he could be in his home town, Santa Clara, with a new stadium winning a SB with his idol, Joe Montana's team. And because of the Alex Smith trade, SF can toss in a Draft pick too.

But, I am a Pats fan too so I don't know if I'd wish Kap on the team as he has not been clutch passing the last 2 years stalling on the 5 yard line vs Ravens with 4 misses to Crabtree and this year tossing an Ally Oop type pass on 1st down to 6'1" Crabtree with 6'6" Sherman in front of him. Kap's running got him to both those games so why he didn't run 1-2 times from the pick option is beyond me. Harbaugh's fault too but maybe BB could turn Kap into a great passer.

I honestly don't mean to be nasty when i say this but no one wants to hear the fantasy that you have as SF fan of TB going there. its makes me hurt thinking of TB gone for Kaep.

Kaep is above average at best right now and just I dont' still dont get the two team thing. that may be the big thing idk 

I may have read it only in some  forum posts and not a sportscaster of a discussion of would Brady consider or like to retire with his idol Joe Montana's team in his home town with a new stadium in Santa Clara.  You should read in my post I am not a fan of Kaepernick but maybe BB  could groom him and a trade even tossing in a couple of picks seems reasonable. Don't know if you are a Celtic fan, but last year Pierce and Garnett might have been traded to the Clippers if KG had waived his no trade clause. PP is originally from So. Cal & they both have homes there & I think with Paul & Griffin they might have won a title better than now being with the Nets. So, I say again that I think Brady would have a better chance getting a ring with SF than with the Pats.

About liking Boston and SF Teams. Roots run deep and despite only 21 years in Maine and more than double in SF, I am an avid Boston teams fan first but why can't I like local teams too. It's not like if I moved to NY or LA, I'd like the mortal enemies Pats and Giants and Jets or Sox and Yankees and Celtics and Lakers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

http://www.patsfans.com/blogs/vampatella/2014/02/04/tom-brady-the-greatest-playoff-winning-qb-ever/?preview=true#.UvD6TfldWjM

Tom Brady did not win the Super Bowl following the 2013 season. Nor did he win it following the 2012 season. Or the 2011 season. Or in any of the last 9 seasons. This Super Bowl-winning drought has led some to criticize Brady for not being a great playoff performer or winner. Mike Francesca of WFAN gleefully pointed out recently that Brady has barely been a .500 QB since their last Super Bowl title.

Francesca’s point, such as it is, exists because Brady’s three Super Bowl championships were won during his first three trips to the playoffs, and the Patriots went 9-0 during that time. And it is true that since then, Brady is just 9-8 in the playoffs. So are the critics right? Is Brady mediocre in terms of winning playoff games?

Well, first off, it is disingenuous to discount all the winning Brady did early in his career. After all, he actually did go 9-0 in the playoffs to start his career, and he actually did win three Super Bowls. Those things count on his resume. They shouldn’t be tossed aside as if they never happened. It would be like saying that, apart from all the great playoff games Pedro Martinez pitched, he really wasn’t very good in the playoffs. The great performances do count.

Moreover, the way Brady’s playoff success breaks down is sort of freakish in nature. Recall that he won three Super Bowls, each by three points. And he lost two Super Bowls, by three and four points, when one play in any of those games could have changed the outcome. If Carolina converts a two-point conversion and beats New England after the 2003 season, but Wes Welker comes down with a huge incompletion late in Super Bowl 46, we aren’t even having this discussion, as Brady’s Super Bowl wins thus become adequately spaced out. Winning really is that fragile in today’s NFL.

Nevertheless, I thought it would be interesting to examine this narrative. Has Brady been just mediocre in terms of winning playoff games since his last Super Bowl title? In order to evaluate this, I compared Brady to 13 other all-time great quarterbacks: Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Roger Staubach, Brett Favre, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman. How does Brady stack up against these great players in terms of winning playoff games?

First I looked at each of these QBs’ playoff wins and playoff winning percentage in total. As a caveat, I did not include games by these QBs when they were backups and played just a few snaps (for example, Steve Young during the Joe Montana days in San Francisco). Now, Brady has the most playoff wins of any QB in history with 18. Montana is second with 16, and Bradshaw and Elway are tied for third at 14. Here’s the complete list:

Playoff Wins

1. Brady – 18
    2. Montana – 16
    3. Bradshaw – 14
    4. Elway – 14
    5. Favre – 13
    6. Staubach – 12
    7. P. Manning – 11
    8. Aikman – 11
    9. Roethlisberger – 10
    10. Marino – 8
    11. E. Manning – 8
    12. Young – 8
    13. Brees – 6
    14. Rodgers – 5

I then looked at their playoff winning percentage. Here’s how that list looks:

1. Bradshaw – 14-5, .737
    2. E. Manning – 8-3, .727
    3. Roethlisberger – 10-4, .714
    4. Montana – 16-7, .696
    5. Brady – 18-8, .692
    6. Aikman – 11-5, .688
    7. Elway – 14-8, .636
    8. Staubach – 12-7, .632
    9. Rodgers – 5-4, .556
    10. Brees – 6-5, .545
    11. Favre – 13-11, .542
    12. Young – 8-7, .533
    13. P. Manning – 11-12, .478
    14. Marino – 8-10, .444

Brady’s winning percentage isn’t as good as the four above him on the list, but it’s still top 5.

So Brady is right up there among the elite in NFL history in terms of winning playoff games, and winning percentage. He has also been to the most Super Bowls in history, tied with Elway at 5. His 3 wins are tied for second place with Aikman behind Bradshaw and Montana, at 4. He has also been to more Conference Championship games than any QB in history, with 8 appearances. Peyton Manning said after this year’s AFCCG that they should name the game after Tom Brady because he’s been there so many times.

But all this brings us to the question of whether Brady, since his last Super Bowl victory, has been simply mediocre in the playoffs. In order to truly understand this, I asked the same essential question of every single QB in this group: If you remove the years when they won the Super Bowl, what’s their playoff record? The numbers may surprise you.

At this point, Brett Favre has the most number of playoff wins in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons, with 10. However, he has 11 losses as well, giving him a winning percentage of .476. That makes Favre the most accomplished playoff winner in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons in NFL history.

Except for one person: Tom Brady.

Here is the list, based on winning percentage:

1. Brady – 9-8, .529
    2. Favre – 10-11, .476
    3. Elway – 7-8, .467
    4. Staubach – 6-7, .462
    5. Marino – 8-10, .444
    6. Roethlisberger – 3-4, .429
    7. Young – 5-7, .417
    8. Brees – 3-5, .375
    9. P. Manning – 7-12, .368
    10. Montana – 4-7, .364
    11. Bradshaw – 2-5, .286
    12. Aikman – 2-5, .286
    13. Rodgers – 1-4, .200
    14. E. Manning – 0-3, .000

In other words, if you take away their Super Bowl-winning seasons, every single one of these quarterbacks looks much, much worse. And that is a patently obvious statement, yet apparently it needs to be mentioned. Tom Brady is the only QB in NFL history that has a winning record in the playoffs in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. That is remarkable. The average QB in this group wins 41.4% of his playoff games in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. Brady is at 52.9%. No QB in the NFL has ever won a higher percentage of his playoff games in years where he did not win a Super Bowl. Tom Brady is not only the greatest winner in playoff history, he has taken his team deeper more often than anyone, and he’s even been the best in history when his team hasn’t won the Super Bowl. That’s remarkable.

There is one more item to consider: How often have these quarterbacks been one-and-done? Here is the list again, this time by the number of one-and-dones:

• 8 – P. Manning
    • 4 – Elway, Montana
    • 3 – Favre, Staubach, Marino, Bradshaw, Aikman, Rodgers
    • 2 – Roethlisberger, Young, Brees, Brady

So for all his playoff success, rarely has Brady simply been a complete dud. If you take that number and divide it by the total number of playoff games they have played, Brady looks even more impressive.

1. Brady – 2 out of 26, .077
    2. Favre – 3 out of 24, .125
    3. Young – 2 out of 15, .133
    4. Roethlisberger – 2 out of 14, .143
    5. Staubach – 3 out of 19, .158
    6. Bradshaw – 3 out of 19, .158
    7. Marino – 3 out of 18, .167
    8. Montana – 4 out of 23, .174
    9. Elway – 4 out of 22, .182
    10. Brees – 2 out of 11, .182
    11. Aikman – 3 out of 16, .188
    12. E. Manning – 3 out of 11, .273
    13. Rodgers – 3 out of 9, .333
    14. P. Manning – 8 out of 23, .348

The rarity with which Brady goes one-and-done, combined with the regularity with which he goes deep into the playoffs, have combined to make him the greatest playoff-winning QB in the history of the NFL. These numbers show that the narrative that Brady is mediocre in the playoffs is false. It is true that since his last Super Bowl win he is just 9-8, but that percentage is higher than any other QB’s playoff winning percentage in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. Brady is criticized for this simply because the three championships came early in his career, and none have come since then. That’s an unfair burden to place on any QB for comparison’s sake.

The bottom line is this: Tom Brady is the greatest playoff-winning quarterback in NFL history. Period.

- See more at: http://www.patsfans.com/blogs/vampatella/2014/02/04/tom-brady-the-greatest-playoff-winning-qb-ever/?preview=true#.UvD6TfldWjM

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

Do you or do you not have carnal knowledge of neighborhood cats late at night that you sneek up on from behind and shanghai them with the help of an old, torn Chloroform soaked NY Jets "Mark Sanchez" T-Shirt that you call "the Dirty Sanchez"?

You are about the biggest idiot on this board, and that is saying a lot.

Number one, I can't stand the jests.

Number two, if you can't see the difference in my posting style and whoever this "bustchise" person is then you need more help than I originally thought.

But, hey, you are getting slightly better. At least your last post was somewhat literate.

• BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

And when talking about brady's 3 SB wins, nobody brought up the elephant in the room that helped get those three titles.

...and what is the "elephant" in the room?

For every QB that won a SB, there are reasons for it, #1 - being they were on a good enough TEAM to win the SB and they contributed to that team effort.  Sheesh, everyone and their uncle concedes that Manning won his only SB ring because of the Colts D in 2006.  Same goes for Eli Manning....  if not for the Giants D and a couple miraculous plays, would he have won his two?

Winning a SB is never the result of the play of ONE player.  Unfortunately too much credit is given to QBs across the board.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This isn't going to be too satisfying for y'all, especially considering it was written by a boston based site with its founder a noted pats fan:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/nfls-best-playoff-quarterbacks-dvoa-and-dyar

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Stats can make the case for just about any top flight QB being the GoaT, or the best in the playoffs, when you pick and choose the ones you want to use.

This will be discussed until the cows come home.

moooo

Still out in the field.. not home yet!  (-;

In response to UD6's comment:

This isn't going to be too satisfying for y'all, especially considering it was written by a boston based site with its founder a noted pats fan:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/nfls-best-playoff-quarterbacks-dvoa-and-dyar

UD.. as I said earlier.. pick some stats and any QB can be made to look like the GoaT.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from manningchokes45. Show manningchokes45's posts

http://www.patsfans.com/blogs/vampatella/2014/02/04/tom-brady-the-greatest-playoff-winning-qb-ever/?preview=true#.UvD6TfldWjM

Tom Brady did not win the Super Bowl following the 2013 season. Nor did he win it following the 2012 season. Or the 2011 season. Or in any of the last 9 seasons. This Super Bowl-winning drought has led some to criticize Brady for not being a great playoff performer or winner. Mike Francesca of WFAN gleefully pointed out recently that Brady has barely been a .500 QB since their last Super Bowl title.

Francesca’s point, such as it is, exists because Brady’s three Super Bowl championships were won during his first three trips to the playoffs, and the Patriots went 9-0 during that time. And it is true that since then, Brady is just 9-8 in the playoffs. So are the critics right? Is Brady mediocre in terms of winning playoff games?

Well, first off, it is disingenuous to discount all the winning Brady did early in his career. After all, he actually did go 9-0 in the playoffs to start his career, and he actually did win three Super Bowls. Those things count on his resume. They shouldn’t be tossed aside as if they never happened. It would be like saying that, apart from all the great playoff games Pedro Martinez pitched, he really wasn’t very good in the playoffs. The great performances do count.

Moreover, the way Brady’s playoff success breaks down is sort of freakish in nature. Recall that he won three Super Bowls, each by three points. And he lost two Super Bowls, by three and four points, when one play in any of those games could have changed the outcome. If Carolina converts a two-point conversion and beats New England after the 2003 season, but Wes Welker comes down with a huge incompletion late in Super Bowl 46, we aren’t even having this discussion, as Brady’s Super Bowl wins thus become adequately spaced out. Winning really is that fragile in today’s NFL.

Nevertheless, I thought it would be interesting to examine this narrative. Has Brady been just mediocre in terms of winning playoff games since his last Super Bowl title? In order to evaluate this, I compared Brady to 13 other all-time great quarterbacks: Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Roger Staubach, Brett Favre, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman. How does Brady stack up against these great players in terms of winning playoff games?

First I looked at each of these QBs’ playoff wins and playoff winning percentage in total. As a caveat, I did not include games by these QBs when they were backups and played just a few snaps (for example, Steve Young during the Joe Montana days in San Francisco). Now, Brady has the most playoff wins of any QB in history with 18. Montana is second with 16, and Bradshaw and Elway are tied for third at 14. Here’s the complete list:

Playoff Wins

1. Brady – 18
    2. Montana – 16
    3. Bradshaw – 14
    4. Elway – 14
    5. Favre – 13
    6. Staubach – 12
    7. P. Manning – 11
    8. Aikman – 11
    9. Roethlisberger – 10
    10. Marino – 8
    11. E. Manning – 8
    12. Young – 8
    13. Brees – 6
    14. Rodgers – 5

I then looked at their playoff winning percentage. Here’s how that list looks:

1. Bradshaw – 14-5, .737
    2. E. Manning – 8-3, .727
    3. Roethlisberger – 10-4, .714
    4. Montana – 16-7, .696
    5. Brady – 18-8, .692
    6. Aikman – 11-5, .688
    7. Elway – 14-8, .636
    8. Staubach – 12-7, .632
    9. Rodgers – 5-4, .556
    10. Brees – 6-5, .545
    11. Favre – 13-11, .542
    12. Young – 8-7, .533
    13. P. Manning – 11-12, .478
    14. Marino – 8-10, .444

Brady’s winning percentage isn’t as good as the four above him on the list, but it’s still top 5.

So Brady is right up there among the elite in NFL history in terms of winning playoff games, and winning percentage. He has also been to the most Super Bowls in history, tied with Elway at 5. His 3 wins are tied for second place with Aikman behind Bradshaw and Montana, at 4. He has also been to more Conference Championship games than any QB in history, with 8 appearances. Peyton Manning said after this year’s AFCCG that they should name the game after Tom Brady because he’s been there so many times.

But all this brings us to the question of whether Brady, since his last Super Bowl victory, has been simply mediocre in the playoffs. In order to truly understand this, I asked the same essential question of every single QB in this group: If you remove the years when they won the Super Bowl, what’s their playoff record? The numbers may surprise you.

At this point, Brett Favre has the most number of playoff wins in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons, with 10. However, he has 11 losses as well, giving him a winning percentage of .476. That makes Favre the most accomplished playoff winner in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons in NFL history.

Except for one person: Tom Brady.

Here is the list, based on winning percentage:

1. Brady – 9-8, .529
    2. Favre – 10-11, .476
    3. Elway – 7-8, .467
    4. Staubach – 6-7, .462
    5. Marino – 8-10, .444
    6. Roethlisberger – 3-4, .429
    7. Young – 5-7, .417
    8. Brees – 3-5, .375
    9. P. Manning – 7-12, .368
    10. Montana – 4-7, .364
    11. Bradshaw – 2-5, .286
    12. Aikman – 2-5, .286
    13. Rodgers – 1-4, .200
    14. E. Manning – 0-3, .000

In other words, if you take away their Super Bowl-winning seasons, every single one of these quarterbacks looks much, much worse. And that is a patently obvious statement, yet apparently it needs to be mentioned. Tom Brady is the only QB in NFL history that has a winning record in the playoffs in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. That is remarkable. The average QB in this group wins 41.4% of his playoff games in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. Brady is at 52.9%. No QB in the NFL has ever won a higher percentage of his playoff games in years where he did not win a Super Bowl. Tom Brady is not only the greatest winner in playoff history, he has taken his team deeper more often than anyone, and he’s even been the best in history when his team hasn’t won the Super Bowl. That’s remarkable.

There is one more item to consider: How often have these quarterbacks been one-and-done? Here is the list again, this time by the number of one-and-dones:

• 8 – P. Manning
    • 4 – Elway, Montana
    • 3 – Favre, Staubach, Marino, Bradshaw, Aikman, Rodgers
    • 2 – Roethlisberger, Young, Brees, Brady

So for all his playoff success, rarely has Brady simply been a complete dud. If you take that number and divide it by the total number of playoff games they have played, Brady looks even more impressive.

1. Brady – 2 out of 26, .077
    2. Favre – 3 out of 24, .125
    3. Young – 2 out of 15, .133
    4. Roethlisberger – 2 out of 14, .143
    5. Staubach – 3 out of 19, .158
    6. Bradshaw – 3 out of 19, .158
    7. Marino – 3 out of 18, .167
    8. Montana – 4 out of 23, .174
    9. Elway – 4 out of 22, .182
    10. Brees – 2 out of 11, .182
    11. Aikman – 3 out of 16, .188
    12. E. Manning – 3 out of 11, .273
    13. Rodgers – 3 out of 9, .333
    14. P. Manning – 8 out of 23, .348

The rarity with which Brady goes one-and-done, combined with the regularity with which he goes deep into the playoffs, have combined to make him the greatest playoff-winning QB in the history of the NFL. These numbers show that the narrative that Brady is mediocre in the playoffs is false. It is true that since his last Super Bowl win he is just 9-8, but that percentage is higher than any other QB’s playoff winning percentage in non-Super Bowl-winning seasons. Brady is criticized for this simply because the three championships came early in his career, and none have come since then. That’s an unfair burden to place on any QB for comparison’s sake.

The bottom line is this: Tom Brady is the greatest playoff-winning quarterback in NFL history. Period.

- See more at: http://www.patsfans.com/blogs/vampatella/2014/02/04/tom-brady-the-greatest-playoff-winning-qb-ever/?preview=true#.UvD6TfldWjM

I know one thing ...it's not Manning...or any QB that has EVER played for the NY JETS....BWAHAHAHAHA...

C'MON BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEE...we all know you are BUST-CHISE...BWAHAHAHA!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts