The Greatest Play Sports Has Ever Seen

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: The Greatest Play Sports Has Ever Seen

not even close to the greatest play. You got a bro-mance with Bedard?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Great goal - not even close to the greatest sports play however.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ben Watson running down champ bailey was an amazing play. Still to this day I say champ fumbled thru the end zone 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though the Butt-fumble was a very fortuitious play for the Patriots the greatest sports play still has too be the Willie Mays over the shoulder catch. The throw to second base was so good that the guy who tagged up and went to third on the play couldn't score,The Polo Grounds CF wall was over 483 feet from home plate,so the throw to second was approximately 366 on the fly! Go out to your nearest baseball diamond and measure 366 feet and see if you can make that throw!On the fly. I bet there are very few Major Leaguers who could even make that throw even if they were facing the second base bag when making it! Let alone just turning and throwing blindly to the general vacinity of second,Willie's throw was dead on nuts!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Ben Watson running down champ bailey was an amazing play. Still to this day I say champ fumbled thru the end zone 

That was a great play,as Ben was the only Patriots player who didn't fall down from exhaustion while chasing Champ on that play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Though the Butt-fumble was a very fortuitious play for the Patriots the greatest sports play still has too be the Willie Mays over the shoulder catch. The throw to second base was so good that the guy who tagged up and went to third on the play couldn't score,The Polo Grounds CF wall was over 483 feet from home plate,so the throw to second was approximately 366 on the fly! Go out to your nearest baseball diamond and measure 366 feet and see if you can make that throw!On the fly. I bet there are very few Major Leaguers who could even make that throw even if they were facing the second base bag when making it! Let alone just turning and throwing blindly to the general vacinity of second,Willie's throw was dead on nuts!!

Funny, this is the play that came immediately to mind when I saw the headline of this thread.  I saw Mays play late in his career as that once great arm of his was beginning to succumb to wear and tear as well as aging.  His instincts, however, and his remarkable ability to seemingly float to a well hit fly ball were still in tact.  Extraordinary athlete and I totally agree; greatest sports play ever that catch and throw.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This play doesn't seem remarkable at all, kind of ordinary. Then again, I'm no soccer fan.  But I can remember seeing Pele bicycle kick goals, which seems a lot more athletic than this.

As for Pats plays, I can't come up with one more dramatic or more remarkable than Vinatieri's 45 yarder in the snow.

For Boston plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VNpJXDPnQTE&feature=endscreen

Not a Pats play, but the Marshawn Lynch TD run against the Packers was pretty memorable. Registered on the Richter Scale after all. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUK9lG-7HTc

willie mays famous catch

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tVnpwp8d4

Beckham . . . hitting from over 60 yards (180+ feet beats the 122 ft shot) out is right up there!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUK9lG-7HTc

willie mays famous catch

I just watched the ballgirl catch...freeeekin' amazing.....very athletic woman......put the outfielder to shame...he just looked at her and hung head...LMAO...

I don't know Ball Girl was pretty good... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SqJz0NgnnE

I just watched the ballgirl catch...freeeekin' amazing.....very athletic woman......put the outfielder to shame...he just looked at her and hung head...LMAO

Not a real pic . . . this was photo shopped!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Barry Sanders was good for one a game...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I watch this on a regular basis, has everything, I hate the Raiders, can't stand Gruden and Adam couldn't see the goal posts.....the snow angel was icing on the cake.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSl64R067g

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Now, other than the Patriots, in my near 50 years of watching the game, this one is number one for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zsdF0ysP0

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Greg-Bedard's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may not fall in the category of 'Greatest Play', but in my 72 years, this is to me the greatest performance in sports history.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFquax2F-k

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Willie Mays amazing. I've always remembered this run by Steve Young as one of the coolest, if anything because he is a QB and not so fast, he just executes every single cut, follows every blocker, and runs the table all the way to daylight. Especially considering it wasn't a designed play it is amazing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_OCaKeiU8

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I just watched the ballgirl catch...freeeekin' amazing.....very athletic woman......put the outfielder to shame...he just looked at her and hung his head down...LMAO

This was a Gatorade ad.  Not a real play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

I just watched the ballgirl catch...freeeekin' amazing.....very athletic woman......put the outfielder to shame...he just looked at her and hung his head down...LMAO

This was a Gatorade ad.  Not a real play.

No it's not.  Perhaps GA used it in one of it's ads.  I've never seen it but I assure you it's real.  Remember seeing it right after it happened, on the web, and thought if that were a MLB player it would be all over the highlight reels.  To bad it was JUST a ballgirl, eh?