The Hatred of Peyton Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Hatred of Peyton Manning

Why do people here hate that guy so much?  I know Babe will probably chime in with his rape case, but unless someone is convicted or I was there to witness it, I don't judge someone on allegations.

In Manning, I see a great talent, a fun attitude and a respectful approach to his opponents.

If he was consistently beating the Pats, I could understand it (see:  Tom Brady hatred). 

Outside of "I don't like the faces he makes", "I hate his big forehead" and the beauty "The league tells the refs to throw flags to help him win", why do you hate Peyton Manning?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: The Hatred of Peyton Manning

Allegation? They paid her to be quiet, wrote about it in a book (lying about the details of the event) and there are witnesses to it. 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

That being said I hate him as a person.  I have 2 daughters both now in college and no amount of money would be okay for anyone to do that to my daughters. If your okay with what he did fine but for me it is pretty despicable.

As a football player I respect the fact he is the greatest accumulator of stats all time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Allegation? They paid her to be quiet, wrote about it in a book (lying about the details of the event) and there are witnesses to it. 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

That being said I hate him as a person.  I have 2 daughters both now in college and no amount of money would be okay for anyone to do that to my daughters. If your okay with what he did fine but for me it is pretty despicable.

As a football player I respect the fact he is the greatest accumulator of stats all time.

[/QUOTE]

People are paid to go away all the time.  It's often easier and less expensive than going to a full trial and "winning" the case.  That's no admission of guilt.

So, leaving that beside, why do so many people here hate him?  They attach childish nicknames to him such as "Gomer" and bash the guy up and down the river.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate you sharing that link. What an arrogant, lying low-life! This moron deserves no respect, regardless of what he may have accomplished on a football field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Horse Face..... John Kerry, gets my vote. Manning is a close second. Both are whiners!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People are paid to go away all the time.  It's often easier and less expensive than going to a full trial and "winning" the case.  That's no admission of guilt.

So, leaving that beside, why do so many people here hate him?  They attach childish nicknames to him such as "Gomer" and bash the guy up and down the river.

[/QUOTE]

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the show? What the heck more do you need to not like this guy? His teammates, third party witnesses, and even the judge's statements, supported the young woman's version.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hatred is a bit overstated, at least for me. I don't hate the guy. Resentment might be a better word.

It's because he's not a winner, but he's treated as if he's the ultimate all-time greatest player ever. He couldn't get it done at Tennessee, and only won once in Indy by default (a sham of an AFCCG and then he gets the MVP in the Super Bowl when he played lousy only to be outsucked by Rex Grossman). 

He folds up at the biggest moments, but he's fawned over as if he's Michael Jordan.

He's the anti-Joe Montana is what he is. Montana was at his best when it mattered most, Manning is at his best when it really doesn't matter all that much, but it looks good and gets his name in the record books.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm sure many will use this lawsuit as the reason they don't like him.  I'm going to suggest that it's not the real reason, however.  It's just convenient.

I don't want this thread to turn into a "he did it, he didn't do it" discussion.  I am very curious as to why people dislike him so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

That's right, the rich and famous get to ruin a persons career for no reason at all and then go on a character assassination campaign. Then taunt the person about it in a book. To me, the guy is a piece of trash. People have every right to believe what they want as I have a right to have my beliefs. BTW, he didn't deny it he just attempted to label it as something else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hatred is a bit overstated, at least for me. I don't hate the guy. Resentment might be a better word.

It's because he's not a winner, but he's treated as if he's the ultimate all-time greatest player ever. He couldn't get it done at Tennessee, and only won once in Indy by default (a sham of an AFCCG and then he gets the MVP in the Super Bowl when he played lousy only to be outsucked by Rex Grossman). 

He folds up at the biggest moments, but he's fawned over as if he's Michael Jordan.

He's the anti-Joe Montana is what he is. Montana was at his best when it mattered most, Manning is at his best when it really doesn't matter all that much, but it looks good and gets his name in the record books.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, Muzwell.  You resent him because he's only won one Superbowl yet people treat him like he's won many.  Is that correct?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

On a football note the national media pimps for him... Adam Schefter wrote an apology piece in ESPN insider blaming most of his playoff losses on things like the weather, an onside kick, the kicker, his offensive line, the wife of one of the defensive backs etc...

I can't ever recall a national writer pimping for Brady like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, Muzwell.  You resent him because he's only won one Superbowl yet people treat him like he's won many.  Is that correct?

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying the national fawning over a guy who is basically a great regular season performer, an underachiever when you get right down to it, is annoying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hatred?  He is more of a running joke around here than a target of hatred.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm well aside from him being an all time corporate shill and a world class phony I like him just fine...

Omaha!!!! 

In fairness he is also an amazing QB and he is better than Brady - on Saturday Night Live that is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The article is bad enough, but I live in Indiana, and all Ive heard about since 1999 is Peyton Mannings greatness and since 07 how the Patriots are cheaters who should be kicked out of the league. Colts fans are the WORST when it comes to bringing up spygate, and they hate us all the more after the butt whipping we put on Stay Puft and friends Saturday night. They are all magically Broncos fans now--of course--and are chomping at the bit to see us go down tomorrow. Ive already been told multiple times that the Patriots "have absolutely no chance" to win at Denver. So you bet I cant stand the guy, am sick of him, and want Brady to send him packing permanently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would add fraud to the way he  is portrayed here.    Puffed up ... and people like that can have their bubbles burst.   He is a nice and genuinely funny person however...  for what thats worth.

This old story about an incident with a bietchy trainer from new jersey is comical.  Sounds like a horses asz in her face might do her some good...  although I don't know her either... and shouldn't really comment.

but I couldn't resist.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What did he do again?  Teabag?

[/QUOTE]

Yes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What did he do again?  Teabag?

[/QUOTE]

Yes

[/QUOTE]

Not hatred just he is SO overrated....Losing record in playoffs, 8 time 1 and done, never won a thing until he, dungheap, and polianus cried to league to change the rules givnig him phantom PI flags whenever he needs to make a play.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

On a football note the national media pimps for him... Adam Schefter wrote an apology piece in ESPN insider blaming most of his playoff losses on things like the weather, an onside kick, the kicker, his offensive line, the wife of one of the defensive backs etc...

I can't ever recall a national writer pimping for Brady like that.

[/QUOTE]

What are you saying??? that his SB choke was his pick 6, when we are told by jughead apoligists it was the onside kick, his one and done last year was the D giving up a bomb, not jugheads fumble in OT, and the 03 AFC Championship was Pats holding NOT jugheads 4 picks....Other than this forum you never hear a peep about his losing playoff record and 8 ONE and DONES

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  I love to poke fun at Marino too. It doesn't mean I don't respect them. You go to Indy or Denver they treat Brady the same. The facts are they are all great. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its Jealousy. Patsie fans want their golden boy Tom Brady to get all the attention, all the records, all the love. They cannot stand the fact that every time they turn on the tv ,they see Peyton Manning. Payton is funny, Tommy isn't, this really kills them. 

BTW... Please tell me how mooning someone 20 years ago is a sex crime. You guys really have to reach on this one. Maybe with the new laws they have today, it might be frowned upon more. Back in the 80's and 90's ,you could pee on the side of the street w/o getting in much trouble, do that today and you get a sex crime, same with mooning someone. You really need to get over yourselves.... I feel sorry for the team that picks up Winston. When you lose to Winston, all you're gonna say is how much of a rapist he is. You people have no right to judge others, your team is a stain on the NFL. Your moral compass is effed-up. 

I'm surprised you haven't shorted out your keyboard with so many tears flowing.....so delicious... 

Now, go back to staring at a wall and drooling on yourself...

[/QUOTE]

PJ that's okay,  just continue with your gay-love for Peyton

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

When it comes to women, Brady is not exactly a saint.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't get the hatred either. He's an awesome quarteback. I hope the Pats beat him, but other than that, he's fun to watch. I can't help but think the college tea bag incident is just an excuse since they really can't find another reason.

Same thing with Derek Jeter. What did he ever do to warrant so many people in Boston hating him?

The thing is, they don't hate them. Manning tea bagging some chick back in college has no effect on your lives, even when your watching him play football. It's just convenient and fun to hate him.

They don't hate Jeter either. When he announces that he will be playing his last season, he will get one of the longest standing ovations Fenway Park has ever seen. A good number of those people standing and cheering will be the ones who the Jeter swallows t-shirts and claimed they hated him. It was fun and the in thing to hate him. Now it's fun and the in thing to stand and cheer for him. Hate has nothing to do with it.

Bruins fans had legit reasons to hate Chris Nilan.

Yet there he was, getting a standing ovation on opening night in 1990.

Sections
Shortcuts