The Haynesworthsigning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

The Haynesworthsigning

Good summer to all:

I am, unlike the rest of my Jets fan nations, am a gentleman and probably the only Jet fan who congratulated your team for spanking us in December, but for the life of me I don't understand why BB would take a chance on Haynesworth, he's missed two days of practice, can you guys honestly say this was a good signing for you?

Please real football answers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Re: The Haynesworthsigning

But why is he out 2 days straight? That's the real question. To answer your question, if healthy and motivated, he's a monster! If he cops an Albert-Attitude, he's gone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

In Response to Re: The Haynesworthsigning:
    [QUOTE]But why is he out 2 days straight? That's the real question. To answer your question, if healthy and motivated, he's a monster! If he cops an Albert-Attitude, he's gone!
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]
    the last two days ... the guy goes on trial on the 23rd of this month for sexual abuse, hard to understand this signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He tweaked something going up against Mankins the other day, and he's missed two practices over it.  Dissapointing yes, but certainly not cause for major alarm or to think he's loafing.  As it stands right now, we've got a lot of injured players already.  How severe the injuries are is anyones guess.  We can only hope they will get back to practicing soon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

yes it was a good signing. they gave up a 5th round pick for a guy who was the best defensive player in the league a couple of years ago. if he wants to play he is a beast. belichick usually gets these guys motivated and performing. time will tell but imo if he is healthy he will be a force this year and the defense is among the leagues best. with their explosive offense this bodes very well for the patriots. who knows why he has been out for a couple of days, it could be anything, minor injury, anything. guys miss practice all the time and belichick rarely gives any info as to why. i would seriously doubt that its because he didn't feel like practicing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

better than the jets draft pick kenrick eliis who will soon be deported.
    hahahahahah

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Haynesworthsigning : the last two days ... the guy goes on trial on the 23rd of this month for sexual abuse, hard to understand this signing.
    Posted by june2010[/QUOTE]

That whole sexual abuse thing in my mind was an attempt at flirting gone wrong. He swpied his credit card through a waitresses breasts like it was a card reader.lol and with ur second point the reward way out ways the risk if hanyesworth is motivated which he should be considering hes not being asked to play NT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

My two cents is this. 

The Pats didn't pay much for him so if he starts messin' up he's gone.  The pressure is all on Albert.  He has to perform not for just this year but prove he can sustain throughout a contract.  Something he's never done before if he wants another gig in the NFL.  This is it for him.

Am I shocked he's here?  Yep, I am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to The Haynesworthsigning:
    [QUOTE]Good summer to all: I am, unlike the rest of my Jets fan nations, am a gentleman and probably the only Jet fan who congratulated your team for spanking us in December, but for the life of me I don't understand why BB would take a chance on Haynesworth, he's missed two days of practice, can you guys honestly say this was a good signing for you? Please real football answers.
    Posted by june2010[/QUOTE]
    Go back to jersey you bum

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It was a curious signing to be sure. He's far from a gentleman apparantly, but he's here to harass QBs not women. His injury doesn't concern me, at least not yet, the regular season is still a month away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He's a monster... only had problems with "playing hard" in Washington were most players fail.

I don't like it, I love it.  It's easy for a non-hater to see that he will be a big difference maker.  A few analysts have picked him for comeback player of the year as well so I don't stand a lone.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]He tweaked something going up against Mankins the other day, and he's missed two practices over it.  Dissapointing yes, but certainly not cause for major alarm or to think he's loafing.  As it stands right now, we've got a lot of injured players already.  How severe the injuries are is anyones guess.  We can only hope they will get back to practicing soon. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]
      With training camp being late, I'm sure the injury bug is gonna be bad across the league. Hopefully, the depth the we have will prove to be a diffence maker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think the Pats are resting/pacing some of the big guys. Its hot out there. The thing that makes the signing good is Hanseworth never played in a team atmosphere since the titans. He was pretty good there if I remember.
    If you ever been in the army they always have you doing something. If your busy you stay out of trouble. Unless your infantry lol.

1). Hanseworth has already said the structure is more professional.
    2). For Hanesworth to get his last big coin contract he has to prove himself as a professional again.
    3). He's cheap for what he can bring and he will occupy 2 men on the line.
    4). If he acts up we send him home for the season, trade him, or cut him. Which ever suits our situation best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Haynesworthsigning :   With training camp being late, I'm sure the injury bug is gonna be bad across the league. Hopefully, the depth the we have will prove to be a diffence maker.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Yup, Pats have 18 injured guys...other teams are in the same situation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Fair question. I think roster decisions in NE are all calculated. In a case like this the calculation pivotes on the percentage of Haynesworth being a player that BB can rely on to do a couple of core things agasint the percentage of getting a valuable addition with the draft pick. Haynesworth is just SO great a player that if BB thinks he has even a 30% chance of turning Haynesworth back to a contributing player that it is worth the risk.

If successful the pairing of Haynesworth and Wilfork could be one of those best of the decade type pairings. Both those players requrie double teams. Hard to block the rest of the D when 2 men are taking up 4 of your 5 - 7 blockers.Sure makes the Xs and Os easier for the other 9 defensive players.

Sections
Shortcuts