The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club

Tom Brady hit the nail on the head in his post Monday night game TV interview when he said, "I'm excited about what this team may become".  The Patriots will become a better team without Randy Moss.  It is not difficult to see why.  1 They have great young talent, the more touches those young players get the faster they will grow up and it will force Brady to be a better (and less predictable) QB.  2 The Pat's defence is a slow work in progress, it makes no sense to force the D on the field by attempting low percentage throws to Moss (e.g. the Jets game).  3 It was clear in the Miami game the Pats have already adopted a ball control offense which resulted in one pass attempt to the egotistical Randy Moss.  It was inevitable that this aproach was going to create an increasingly disruptive situation in the locker room.  4 There is no way the Patriots were going to sign Moss.  They have a winning philosophy built around the concept of sound financial management, while this drives some less enlightened fans crazy it is the only way to win consistently in the NFL.  The Pats are stacked with young talent, they are stacked in the upcoming draft, there is no reason we should not expect more rings in the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick era. Trading Randy Moss has increased the probability of that happening sooner rather than later.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club

No! The Patriots current receivers can never get open without the great Randy Moss to draw double coverage.   They must have no skills whatsoever.  Why did the Pats draft these guys.  The only way the offense would succeed is if his royal heiny Randy Moss was here to draw the double coverage.

Oh my!  What do they do now?  Wes Welker will be double teamed as soon as he gets off the team bus.  He'll never make another catch.   And when he gets doubled,  who is going to get the ball?    Those other receivers can't get open and can't catch.  The Pats are doomed.  WTH was Belichick thinking?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

OK.  For those who may not get my sarcasm,  I'm ofcourse just kidding. 

I am an official member of the Glad They Traded Randy Moss fan club.

Looking forward to the teams new approach to offense and how these young guys contribute and develop.  That's what I find exciting.  The unknown factor. 
    No more does the team have to pacify the star receiver so he can get his catches to get a big pay day.

I think this team will be just fine going forward. 

I like how we have receivers that can go over the middle, catch a ball and actually run with it to gain extra yards. 

I remember Sir Randy on the rare times he did go over the middle,  he would just fall to the turf like a limp d*ck when he saw a shadow of an opposing player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Salcon- I disagree. The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls without Moss. Yes, the Patriots may struggle for a while untill they gel but I for one am excited about the future of the Patriots. I think they want to go back to the origonal formula that was so successful. No prima donnas! Run the ball. Brady passes to his favorite WR. The one that is open! The young guys are emerging and are buying in to Belichick's game plan. A new team is being born and it did not include Moss. I'm excited.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You created an entire new persona to say THAT?

Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this has already been beat to death, time to move on

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

innervision,

1.) What are you, nuts? Brady forces the ball to Welker more than any other player on the roster. Last I checked, Wes is still on the team. What's to stop Brady from forcing the ball to Welker any less now? I have no idea where people get the idea that Brady forced the ball to Moss, but it's an idiotic claim. 

2.) This works both ways. What about when we face a team with a good offense that can take advantage of our young defense and a good defense that can stop our offense? Holding on to the ball is nice and all, but you still have to move the ball for more than five yards a play. You have to score in football, you don't win a football game by holding on to the football longer, just look at the Phins last year. They went 9-7. 

3.)THE PATS OFFENSE STUNK AGAINST MIAMI, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? We only scored 14 points on offense and one of the scores came from a short field that the defense gave us. 

4.) Can't disagree with you there. They weren't going to sign Moss, that's why they traded him away, DUH!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Salcon, it's not a matter of the other WRs have no skills, it's a matter of Welker will be taken out of the game and the Pats offense will have to rely on a rookie WR (Price), another WR that's basically a rookie (Tate), a WR that can't stay healthy (Edelman) and two rookie TEs. 

Yeah, we should all pencil in the Pats with this WR corps into the SB when they'll face the Ravens, Steelers and Jets defense along the way. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

RonF, the Pats weren't an offensive juggernaut with that offense. I woudn't care, but the offense needs to protect the D, help them build their confidence by giving them a lead to play with. 

We don't have that defense we had in the early 2000s that could protect the offense if they don't score. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I won't join the IAGTTRM fan club. It makes no sense, the Pats will just have to go out and try their hardest, but they are not a better offense with Moss gone. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I too am glad.  Moss betrayed the Pats.  I hope he tears all his tendons and ligaments and never plays in a game again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I see that some people have absolutely no faith in the current stable of receivers on this team.   So if somehow other teams take Welker out of the game  the Pats will have to rely on,  let's see, Tate, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Crumpler, Edelman or Price.  Not bad.  I can live with that and I'll bet Brady can also.  I guess it never occured to the Pats coaching staff that teams would try to double Welker.  They're so dumb.  We need a new head coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Looks like only Innervision and his multiple personality disorders salcom and ronf want to join

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

Hey 49

I liked the way the Pats moved the ball against Miami.  They kept the ball for almost the entire 2nd quarter and steamrolled the Dolphins for 7 when it really counted to sealed the victory.

BALL CONTROL WINS SUPER BOWLS.

Never won with Randy Moss despite going up against a 10-5 Giants team with their juggrenaut offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club:
    [QUOTE]this has already been beat to death, time to move on
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

boy aint that the truth, he's done, don't need to talk about him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Hey 49 I liked the way the Pats moved the ball against Miami.  They kept the ball for almost the entire 2nd quarter and steamrolled the Dolphins for 7 when it really counted to sealed the victory. BALL CONTROL WINS SUPER BOWLS. Never won with Randy Moss despite going up against a 10-5 Giants team with their juggrenaut offense.
    Posted by innervision[/QUOTE]

How many SBs did we win with Wes Welker? Trade him, too. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I see that some people have absolutely no faith in the current stable of receivers on this team.   So if somehow other teams take Welker out of the game  the Pats will have to rely on,  let's see, Tate, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Crumpler, Edelman or Price.  Not bad.  I can live with that and I'll bet Brady can also.  I guess it never occured to the Pats coaching staff that teams would try to double Welker.  They're so dumb.  We need a new head coach.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

You rely on a bunch of rookies, how do you even know if they can make a play without Moss drawing coverage? You don't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm glad.  REALLY glad.  We didn't get a vertical game from him.  We got DRAWING double coverage.  Not even BEATING double coverage.  Where was the LEAPING Randy Moss who could just outjump a DB?  gone.  And he was starting to draw single coverage.  He didn't block much.  He was a constant threat to do .. .. not so much.  Did Brady have a good sync with him?  NO.  Over/Under thrown balls.  Was he QUICK in and out of his cuts?  NO.  He was just average, and the other guys were figuring it out.  Will he have success with Favre?  Probably.  Favre will heave it up alot, take the picks, and feel if the team loses its SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.  Moss will get some, but WE will move on.  And improve.  I'm GLAD THEY TRADED RANDY MOSS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Hey 49 I liked the way the Pats moved the ball against Miami.  They kept the ball for almost the entire 2nd quarter and steamrolled the Dolphins for 7 when it really counted to sealed the victory. BALL CONTROL WINS SUPER BOWLS. Never won with Randy Moss despite going up against a 10-5 Giants team with their juggrenaut offense.
    Posted by innervision[/QUOTE]

YOU DON'T PLAY A TEAMS RECORD.  THEY LIT IT UP IN THE POST SEASON, AND LOST TO US IN THE FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON AFTER PUTTING UP WHAT, 35 POINTS?  DON'T UNDERSELL WHAT THEY DID FOR THE LAST 4 GAMES THEY PLAYED THAT SEASON.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]innervision, 1.) What are you, nuts? Brady forces the ball to Welker more than any other player on the roster. Last I checked, Wes is still on the team. What's to stop Brady from forcing the ball to Welker any less now? I have no idea where people get the idea that Brady forced the ball to Moss, but it's an idiotic claim.  2.) This works both ways. What about when we face a team with a good offense that can take advantage of our young defense and a good defense that can stop our offense? Holding on to the ball is nice and all, but you still have to move the ball for more than five yards a play. You have to score in football, you don't win a football game by holding on to the football longer, just look at the Phins last year. They went 9-7.  3.)THE PATS OFFENSE STUNK AGAINST MIAMI, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? We only scored 14 points on offense and one of the scores came from a short field that the defense gave us.  4.) Can't disagree with you there. They weren't going to sign Moss, that's why they traded him away, DUH!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

1)  Brady does force the ball to Welker but at the same time Welker catches more then 75% of the balls thrown to him verses Moss usually averages around 50%. You might not think 25% is that much but it's an extra 25 catches, 250yrds a year, or in Welkers case about 2 extra TD's a year. Also look at the amount of int's that have occurred trying to force the ball to Welker and the amount of ints when thrown towards Moss's direction. The difference between forcing it to Welker and Moss is staggering really.

2) If that happens then the better team will most likely win and it might not be us if they have the same O but a better D. On that note though the longer the O is on the field the less time the opponents O is off the field. It might come down to 1 mistake in those games and I trust Brady more then any other QB. Those types of games would be better played as controlled games and hope that the D can make a stop.

3) The Pats O actually scored 20 points which was enough to beat Miami's 14. BTW we scored 38 or higher in 3 outta 4 games. Now I'll give that Moss made 2 TD's no other WR on the team would have made but one was in a lose and the other we would have won the game regardless. The O will survive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club : 1)  Brady does force the ball to Welker but at the same time Welker catches more then 75% of the balls thrown to him verses Moss usually averages around 50%. You might not think 25% is that much but it's an extra 25 catches, 250yrds a year, or in Welkers case about 2 extra TD's a year. Also look at the amount of int's that have occurred trying to force the ball to Welker and the amount of ints when thrown towards Moss's direction. The difference between forcing it to Welker and Moss is staggering really. 2) If that happens then the better team will most likely win and it might not be us if they have the same O but a better D. On that note though the longer the O is on the field the less time the opponents O is off the field. It might come down to 1 mistake in those games and I trust Brady more then any other QB. Those types of games would be better played as controlled games and hope that the D can make a stop. 3) The Pats O actually scored 20 points which was enough to beat Miami's 14. BTW we scored 38 or higher in 3 outta 4 games. Now I'll give that Moss made 2 TD's no other WR on the team would have made but one was in a lose and the other we would have won the game regardless. The O will survive.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

We shall see, no? The Rooks better get it together, this will be their toughest test until the Steelers match. Let's see them step up. I'm all for them proving me wrong, but let's see them do it first. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Did the Vikings give him a contract yet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Did the Vikings give him a contract yet?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Nope, they don't plan on it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like only Innervision and his multiple personality disorders salcom and ronf want to join
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    Never wanted Moss in the first place.  Yeah, '07 was exciting but other teams started to figure out the offense and pressured Brady to death.  As we all know the Pats didn't win the Superbowl that year.  I'm not blaming Moss for that.  But I still think the team is better off without.  Like it or not the rookies and second year guys are to stay atleast for this year so sit back and enjoy the ride.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

49patriots, are you turning into a troll? My god man!! Go to the kitchen, grab your favorite tall glass, open the fridge, get the koolaid, put koolaid into glass and.......enjoy! Don't worry 49 you'll be back in line in no time. 

Sections
Shortcuts