The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club

So....he was all upset the Pats weren't going to sign him and jumped to a team that isn't going to sign him?

Doesn't add up, there must be more to it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll join under the following condition; Brady plays like the Brady of old.  He throws to at least 5-8 players a game and gets his clutch factor back.

I also believe there is more to this story.  I really would love to see BB write a book after he retires.  I'd love to see him share all of his inner thoughts and inside information in a tell-all book.  Is there anyone on this forum that wouldn't buy it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club:
    So....he was all upset the Pats weren't going to sign him and jumped to a team that isn't going to sign him? Doesn't add up, there must be more to it
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam (and others) . . .

I'm not really sure what is so hard to understand about this.

Randy needs numbers. He can't be a decoy anymore, or he won't get that one, last fat contract that he needs. I've said this here a few times already, but I'll say it again until this whole thing gets put to rest. The "more" to the story is catches. Randy saw the writing on the wall. The Pats have clearly gone to a more balanced offense and Brady wasn't going to air it out in Randy's direction anymore simply to appease Randy. Randy's hope is that Brett Favre will launch balls in his direction come hell or high water, and he probably will. Whether or not Randy will catch those balls remains to be seen, but Randy ain't gettin' "straight cash, homie" by "taking the top off the defense." The Vikings won't extend him for the same reason the Pats wouldn't -- but they probably will give him at least a puncher's (or a receiver's) chance to get what he wants -- which are the kind of stats that will make some desperate team take a flyer on him next year.

Read this carefully:

Randy is an idiot, but he's not stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not glad but there is absolutly nothing that can be done about it now except to move forward and see what happens.  Time will tell, hoping for the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

it doesnt make sense because randy moss doesnt make sense. the problem was he didnt come out to play for us this year: he had more drops in the first three games than he had all lost year, in the dolphins game he made zero attempt to block, and im sure the coaches tape would show (which i obviously havent seen) he was not giving close to 80%

randy moss wanted a big contract. the way to get it was by playing his as s off this season for the pats. he did not do that. belichick didnt trade him before the season because he thought moss would be rational enough to understand the situation he was in. clearly, moss just did not get it.

So....he was all upset the Pats weren't going to sign him and jumped to a team that isn't going to sign him? Doesn't add up, there must be more to it
    Posted by Sam-Adams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49patriots, are you turning into a troll? My god man!! Go to the kitchen, grab your favorite tall glass, open the fridge, get the koolaid, put koolaid into glass and.......enjoy! Don't worry 49 you'll be back in line in no time. 
    Posted by mthurl

Sorry, all we have are a bunch of rookies at the WR and TE position. Welker will be focus in games, it's up to rookies to make plays. Maybe you just got into football, but you can't expect a rookie to do squat. They're rookies, they are still learning how to play at a pro-level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club : Sam (and others) . . . I'm not really sure what is so hard to understand about this. Randy needs numbers. He can't be a decoy anymore, or he won't get that one, last fat contract that he needs. I've said this here a few times already, but I'll say it again until this whole thing gets put to rest. The "more" to the story is catches. Randy saw the writing on the wall. The Pats have clearly gone to a more balanced offense and Brady wasn't going to air it out in Randy's direction anymore simply to appease Randy. Randy's hope is that Brett Favre will launch balls in his direction come hell or high water, and he probably will. Whether or not Randy will catch those balls remains to be seen, but Randy ain't gettin' "straight cash, homie" by "taking the top off the defense." The Vikings won't extend him for the same reason the Pats wouldn't -- but they probably will give him at least a puncher's (or a receiver's) chance to get what he wants -- which are the kind of stats that will make some desperate team take a flyer on him next year.   Read this carefully: Randy is an idiot, but he's not stupid.
    Posted by p-mike

THANK YOU p-mike!!!  You are one of very few (like myself) who really understand what happened without it being publicly voiced by Moss or BB.

Like I'VE said in previous posts, Moss & BB have a very perfessional & mutually respected relationship.  BB would love to have Moss on his team (for obvious reasons) & Moss would like to be on the Patriots because he loves the coach & players.  But BOTH understand what Moss is looking for...Like p-mike again hits a home run on...Moss expected to get the big stats this season (like '07) to merrit a new huge payday.  BUT BB knew that, that wasn't going to happen & Moss was understanding the big picture & that it wasn't going to happen this '10 Patriot's season & asked to be traded after the 1st game (if it could be done).  That mutual respect was rewarded by BB & got Randy a trade to a team he has a chance to get those stats he needs to merrit a payday for Moss & the Patriots benifited by a 3rd round draft pick (1 high than we gave up to get Moss & 3 years later!)

READ THIS...IF this trade didn't happen, we would see a Randy Moss that would have cause such a distraction that the season would be over quicker than the "sky is falling" fans feel we are gonna have without Moss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club : Sorry, all we have are a bunch of rookies at the WR and TE position. Welker will be focus in games, it's up to rookies to make plays. Maybe you just got into football, but you can't expect a rookie to do squat. They're rookies, they are still learning how to play at a pro-level.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Um, what has Gronk, Hernandez and Tate done to make you believe they can't get the job done? They pretty much already play at a pro level. Ok, so Hernandez has dropped a couple of balls but that is still less than half as many as Randy dropped.

Welker won't get doubled any more than last year since Tate WILL take the top off opposing defenses and draw doubles because almost all teams double the guy that goes long. Unless of course it is a lineman going long. They typically aren't as shifty and don't have hands like Tate. Tate will also fight for the ball whereas Randy has just watched or half heartedly swatted at the ball as the defender brings it in.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, the rookies haven't done anything this year.  The only reason they caught any passes is because the Great Randy Moss was drawing double coverage allowing them to get open.  They would never be able to get open on their own because, well, they're "rookies" you see.  So now, the offense is doomed because of all the rookies and second year kids out there who don't know how to play at a "pro" level yet.  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: The I am glad they traded Randy Moss fan club : Um, what has Gronk, Hernandez and Tate done to make you believe they can't get the job done? They pretty much already play at a pro level. Ok, so Hernandez has dropped a couple of balls but that is still less than half as many as Randy dropped. Welker won't get doubled any more than last year since Tate WILL take the top off opposing defenses and draw doubles because almost all teams double the guy that goes long. Unless of course it is a lineman going long. They typically aren't as shifty and don't have hands like Tate. Tate will also fight for the ball whereas Randy has just watched or half heartedly swatted at the ball as the defender brings it in.  
    Posted by rtuinila

it's not a matter of the rooks can't make a play, it's a matter of not relying on rookies. Look at the defense, they are filled with young guys, have they played as well as we would like? Against the Bengals and Dolphins they did, but against the Jets and Dolphins? Not so much. 

Rooks = Inconsistant. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from innervision. Show innervision's posts

Nice to see p-mike and mrtm70 get it. The biggest reason Belichick traded Moss is #3 the days of peace and contendment between the Pats and Moss were over.  BB had the wisdom to turn the page.

Looking forward to seeing what the new Patriots offense can do.

Sections
Shortcuts