Called Bill to thank him

Took a cab to the airport

Flew standby

Didn't have time to make a reservation at a Holiday Inn

Had to stay ay a Motel 8

Hasn't eaten, slept, sh*t or pi**ed.....yet

Left home without his Capital One Card

And everyone thinks he has some issues

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: The issues with Seymour.....

You actually bring up a good point.  Seymour was caught totally off guard with this trade.  It comes down Sunday morning and the media / fans can't understand why he's not at practice 24 hours later.  You're talking about telling a guy he has to do a 180 overnight; move all his stuff, possibly family, ALL the way across the country.  Regardless of the drastic change in franchises, there are a lot of logistics he has to consider right now.  If I'm Seymour I'm cashing in a few vacation days prior to showing up at practice - he's the one bringing the value anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It is what it is. That's the reality of pro sports. Seymour's life is now chaos. At least for a few weeks. I totally agree he will take a few days to calm down and come to reality about his situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: The issues with Seymour.....:
    [QUOTE]It is what it is. That's the reality of pro sports. Seymour's life is now chaos. At least for a few weeks. I totally agree he will take a few days to calm down and come to reality about his situation.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

And the reality is Richard Seymour will probably be one of top 3 highest paid linemen in the league...again. the raiders will over pay him to avoid the risk of looking foolish for trading a 1st rd pick to get a guy for 1 year. My prediction 5 years 65 mil! With a lot of guarantee's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Losing Seymour is tough for the Patriots but lets be realistic here; the guy makes 3.7 million dollars this year. Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? I don't think so. Do your damn job Seymour and be thankful you have it. Ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Truly the Raiders s u c k! But I'd go live in Oakland if someone was giving me almost $4 million a year! He could always retire and go out and look for a job back here in SC. He'd have a lot of competition, though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Seymour has 3 SB rings and now he'll get the big bucks. Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison and now Seymour, all great Pats but their better days were behind them. The Pats have gotten younger and will have one of the best 4-3 D's in the NFL. Still feel they need another MLB for the 3-4. Currently they have 8 picks in the 2010 draft including 3 #2's and probably will get 3 comp picks for a total of 11. Lots of high picks to acquire top notch talent BB may have on his radar. Plus in 2011 they have what could be a top 5 pick w/Oakland's #1. The Pats don't rebuild they reload and no other team does it better. Tks for the memories Richard, get over the hurt feelings and report to the Raiders. My family has to eat too for considerably less than $3.7 mil a yr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know why people think they are going to a 4-3 defense! They usually do that in the preseason, but there is no indication this is a full time switch. They use multiple formations in game situations, but they have always been a base 3-4, and I don't see that changing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Re: The issues with Seymour.....:
    [QUOTE]I don't know why people think they are going to a 4-3 defense! They usually do that in the preseason, but there is no indication this is a full time switch. They use multiple formations in game situations, but they have always been a base 3-4, and I don't see that changing.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Bub:

Probably because we haven't seen as much use of a 4-3 alignment (pre-season or otherwise) since 2001-2002. With the personnel they have, the Pats will use multiple formations in game situations - but don't be surprised if the staple formation is the 4-3.

Sections
Shortcuts