The Jets are better than the Pats, and the playoffs prove it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: The Jets are better than the Pats, and the playoffs prove it.

Well congrats on your one playoff win Jets fans. I hope you beat Indy and prove a point to them for letting you in the door. Heck go on a win the superbowl. 

You can gloat and put it in the Pats faces who have been perpetual winners for a long time. We got holes to fill and problems to solve but an organization that can do it. Might be a rebuilding time for a couple of years. 

The Jets have never been able to build a perpetual win machine like we did so enjoy your 1 playoff win and good luck next week. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Watching yesterday's game I kept thinking that there was no way that the 2009 Pats could stay on the field with the Jets.  The Pats are much too soft to play a team as physical as the Jets are now. 

What I can't figure out is how did it happen?  I was at the Jets Pats game seven weeks ago and if the Pats didn't make a couple of sloppy mistakes they would have won 50-3.  There was absolutely no chance the Jets would win.

Pro football is an amazing sport.  Rags to riches, and back to rags again in several weeks.  It makes the Pats decade long run even more impressive.  The good news is the Pats can regroup but Jets will be favored to win the East next year, and possibly the AFC.  With Miami committed the run NE needs to think big, strong, tough, and nastsy.  No more OL that can only pass block and run draws and screens.   And no more LBs like Guyton and Woods who can't shed blocks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I'll echo, the NFL is about match-ups. Quite frankly, nothing the Jets have done has surprised me, but I'd agree, without Welker, I don't think the Pats beat the Jets right now, either... I think that is part of what is needed against the Jets, e.g., a #2 who can get open when your #1 is being blanketed by Revis... Cincy and SD don't really have that second passing threat.... Indy does. Now, if the Jets beat Indy (esp. because you'll likely need a Steeler-esque ability to overcome the 2-3 home field calls against you), I'd be impressed, but I just don't see it happening... Revis will have his great game against Wayne... so be it... I think he's 'earned' enough of a rep that they won't flag him for anything 'cheap'... Reminds me of those Ravens teams that were so bent on keeping/protecing a rusher from 100 yards on the ground that they'd give up 4 TDs in the air...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Yes right now the Jets are better then the Pats. Revis is unreal. That guy is truly a blanket. While I dont think they will win, I wouldnt be shocked if the Jets beat Indy. If the Jets can keep the game close like they did with the Chargers, they will wear down the smaller Colts. For Indy to win it will be all about Clark, Garcon, Collie etc. Revis will shut down Wayne

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I didn't want either team to win Sunday but the Jets managed to stifle the "Underachieving Team of the Decade". The Jets play good defense which keeps them in every game. Aside from that they don't have anything to scare you on offense. NE handed them their arses that last game. This is a passing league now and the reason the Jets are winning is they are defending the pass well. The other part of the equation is throwing the ball well and until they show me something there they're one Revis injury away from mediocrity again.