the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!

While we are hosting second and third tier free agents

the jets are using thier time to get better we need to step up
    and get better !!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

2. I keep hearing from my Jets sources that they’re having internal discussions regarding Brandon Marshall and would love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!

He's a RFA.  Denver would have to sign him first to do that, or easier the Jets just sign him and give up their #1.  Pats could do the same, and I hope they have considered it.  With Moss and Marshall it would rival the 2007 offense

...But what a waste he'd be in NY.

Also in that article something really stupid by the Jets:  1. Report: Jets could match Thomas Jones' contract for LaDainian Tomlinson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!:
    Also in that article something really stupid by the Jets:  1. Report: Jets could match Thomas Jones' contract for LaDainian Tomlinson .
    Posted by croc

I heard this and thought it was pretty retarded, even for Green New Jersey -- you're gonna let your 1,400-yard rusher go and then offer the money that could have kept him to this schlub?

This is why I always get a mild case of the giggles when I see these people with 18 or 20 posts on here blathering about how the Jets are getting ready to dominate the division for the rest of eternity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

yakv,
    watch football and learn.  The Jest may most likely get the wildcard again, but that is it.  You have no clue thinking they have passed us considering we have more and better draft picks than they do.  For each piece they added, they also lost one. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

We always do our own thing. We have a lot of needs but last I checked we don't play a game for awhile. We are loaded for bear with four picks in the first 55 or something like that. This draft is deep bigtime............We will be ok.............when they put a salary cap back in place down the road all these teams will be over and we will be sitting pretty............relax ......its a jog not a sprint..............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the jets are getting better.this much is true.if they were to land LT,and marshall here.and whom ever else when all this is done.the gap will be getting tighter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3653

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Mord makes a good point.  The Jets have lost as much if not more than they gained.  They lost Thomas Jones and traded Kerry Rhodes.  Cromartie is on his way down, he can't tackle and has a bad attitude.  Faneca at 33 and Woody at 32 are starting to get up there.  On the DL they have Jenkins who is over 30, Ellis over 32.  Gholston has been an expensive bust.  They are thin at WR and TE.  We have 4 of the top 53 picks while the Jets have 1 of the top 60.

I'm not worried yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The Jets have a huge new Stadium to fill and PSL to sell.  They need to throw as much Sh_T at the wall as they can and pray something sticks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

From walterfootball.com. Yep, the Pats should have overpaid for these duds. Forget the Jets, they'e an aging medicore team w/an overhyped QB.

2010 NFL Free Agency: Bad Moves

Redskins sign RB Larry "East Coast Cat" Johnson: 3 years, $12 million
    Congratulations to Larry Johnson, who stole $12 million from another dumb NFL owner. Johnson is a bad guy who has nothing left in the tank. He brings nothing in terms of on-the-field production, and he's a disruptive player you just don't want in your locker room. It's safe to say that Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen had nothing to do with this signing. It was all Daniel Snyder.

Browns sign TE Ben Watson: 3 years, $12 million; $6.3 million guaranteed
    When this went down, I tweeted, "Cleveland Browns sign TE Ben Watson: 3 years, $12 million. Looks like they overpaid by about $12 million." I'm really disgusted by this signing. For years in New England, Watson was an overweight sloth who didn't put in any effort. Because he was in his contract year last season, he finally got into shape - and yet he still sucked. The Browns are basically throwing $6.3 million in guaranteed money into a fire. And the crazy thing is, Watson isn't even the best tight end on Cleveland's roster. That would be Evan Moore.

Bengals sign WR Antonio Bryant: 4 years, $28 million
    National publications will tout this as a great signing. I won't. I've been warning you about Antonio Bryant for two years. Throughout his career, whenever Bryant has signed a big deal and obtained a nice bonus, he stopped trying hard. Bryant put forth effort the past two seasons because he was playing for a contract. Now that he has one, he'll shut it down again. On top of all this, Bryant is a bad guy to have in the locker room. I think this is an awful signing.

Jaguars sign DE Aaron Kampman: 4 years, $26 million; $11 million guaranteed
    This move would have been great a year ago. Unfortunately, Aaron Kampman tore his ACL in November, which means there's a very small chance he'll be anywhere close to 100 percent by the season opener.

With that in mind, why would the financially strapped Jaguars just burn away $11 million like this? I don't get it, but I guess there's a reason wise teams like the Colts and Steelers are in Super Bowl contention every year - they're smart enough to realize that you don't win by acquiring overpriced free agents.

Bears sign DE Julius Peppers: 6 years, $91.5 million; $42 million guaranteed
    As much as I liked Chicago's signing of Chester Taylor, I absolutely hate this move.

Julius Peppers is an unbelievably talented player. There's no questioning that. However, Peppers has been known to take games off before. Last year, Peppers was dominant in some contests. In others, he was nowhere to be found.

If Peppers didn't give 100 percent in some games during his contract year, how can the Bears expect him to give his full effort now that he has $42 million in his back pocket?

Along with Peppers, Taylor and Brandon Manumaleuna, the Bears must have secretly signed Daniel Snyder; this is the same type of frivolous spending that has been responsible for Washington's mediocrity this past decade.

And speaking of the Redskins, this reminds me a lot of the Albert Haynesworth deal. Haynesworth was disgruntled in Tennessee because he was franchised. He was finally able to leave, where he had a forgettable season (by his standards) in Washington in 2009. I've heard people opine that Peppers will now suddenly try hard because he's in a better situation. I say he's more likely to take plays off with essentially $40 million guaranteed.

Falcons sign CB Dunta Robinson: 6 years, $57 million; $25.5 million guaranteed
    Dunta Robinson is now the second-richest corner in the NFL - only behind Nnamdi Asomugha. Wow.

There's no questioning Robinson's talent. He's a legit No. 1 corner in this league. But I think the Falcons may have overlooked his injury history. Robinson has missed 13 games the past three seasons and is only two years removed from a nasty knee injury. So while he fills a big need on Atlanta's roster, Robinson is a big risk at $27 million guaranteed.

Giants sign FS Antrel Rolle: 5 years, $37 million; $15 million guaranteed
    Really? The Giants gave $15 million guaranteed to Antrel Rolle? The same Antrel Rolle who blows coverages and whiffs on tackles? Jerry Reese is a great general manager, but this move leaves me scratching my head. Don't get me wrong, safety was a huge need for New York (listed No. 2 in my New York Giants 2010 NFL Offseason Needs), but Rolle isn't a very good player.

Lions sign WR Nate Burleson: 5 years, $25 million; $11 million guaranteed
    I wrote the following in my 2010 NFL Free Agent Rankings: "Nate Burleson is coming off a very solid year, catching 63 balls for 812 yards in 13 games. There is no doubt in my mind, however, that once Burleson signs an overpriced contract, he'll revert to Sloth Mode."

Mission accomplished! Burleson has been a very lazy player throughout his NFL career. Coincidentally, he had his best year since 2004 in a contract season. I'm pretty confident that Burleson will tank in 2010 now that he has $11 million in his wallet.

Lions sign DE Kyle Vanden Bosch: 4 years, $26 million; $10 million guaranteed
    Kyle Vanden Bosch was an outstanding defensive end two years ago when he notched 12 sacks. In 2008, Vanden Bosch had five sacks, but missed six games because of a nagging groin injury. However, once Albert Haynesworth left, Vanden Bosch was exposed; in 15 games last year, he managed only three sacks.

Vanden Bosch turns 32 in November. In the past two seasons, he's been bothered by groin and knee injuries. Giving him a $26 million contract and $10 million in guarantees is going a bit overboard, isn't it? He's definitely not the player he was two seasons ago. The Lions overpaid here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!:
    The Jets have a huge new Stadium to fill and PSL to sell.  They need to throw as much Sh_T at the wall as they can and pray something sticks.
    Posted by Tcal2

This is exactly what't going on. This trade will never happen. I'd say there's a better chance of Marshall coming here than to the Jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No doubt the Jets are making a huge impact with big signings this off season.  They were better than I expected last season and by the looks of hings they are going to be the leaders of the division.  Patriots need to make some moves for key players before they are all gone.

At the end of last season I could not wait until the off season for the Pats to do some rebuilding.  Things aren't looking good thus far.  Something tells me this season is going to be an extension of last season.  The Patriots better be making some moves while there are still impact players out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

the jets are getting better.this much is true.if they were to land LT,and marshall here.and whom ever else when all this is done.the gap will be getting tighter. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3653
    Posted by mosseffect43

Just look at the history of high-prices FA signings over the past several years, including our own beloved AT.

Guaranteed the jests will continue their long tradition of shooting themselves in the foot with their sign and spend mentality. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL your sources , cmon now. Thats not anything new if you've been paying attention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

jets are getting better,and if they do land marshall.and the pats sit on there thumbs like they are.it could be a long season this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

You idiots need to realize the patriots arent going to the superbowl based on 4 draft picks in the top 2 rounds and new players gaining experience from last year.

Our front office proved one thing is that they ARE CHEAP.  Resigning wilfork and bodden didnt prove anything we all new last year when they traded seymour away they would resign WIlfork.. it was either WILFORK OR SEYMOUR LONG TERM.

They do reward aka Banta Cain, and granted BB is a genius at times.  But people who think 4 ROOKIES 5 SOPHMORES, a bunch of guys coming off injuries 36 year old david PATTEN and 3rd and 4th TIER FA's are good  and going to get us a superbowl win.. you are clearly morons.

LT, SHONN Greene, and LEON washington is clearly better then morris/Taylor/and the rest of our backs.. with the exception of faulk but LT is better then faulk, and I love faulk to death but Sorry but its the truth... oh and I rather have braylon edwards and cotchery then david patten and 'josh reed' or whatever 4th tier reciever we go after now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

As far as the defense... Patriots D is solid we keep getting younger every year... wish we never traded to the packers we could and should of drafted clay matthews instead, he would of made a great addition.  

We are lacking on our front and need 1 or 2 additions.

Jets D is solid regardless so you cant fault them there they have a better D overall

FA needs/ Draft for us is

DL/ LB / WR / RB / OL /TE not in any order and we dont need any idiot over 30,31 so we keep rrepeating this process year in and year out unless its an elite player.

Peppers was overpriced, bryant was not bad... for the risk, BOLDIN We should of had, THOMAS JONES SHOULD OF WENT FOR, cut or traded maroney for draft picks or a need... such as maroney to the bears for olsen and a 4th rounder before they picked up taylor, but whatever...

Patriots are in trouble they need to do something..or they just going to barely make wildcard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not worried about the Jests,every move they make is lateral at best. Release Jones sign LDT,Trade Kerry Rhoades trade for Crapmartie, cut Lito don't replace him. I would have liked to see the Patriots a little more active but such is life. They managed to keep Wilfork,Neal,Faulk and have draft choice tenders on Gotkowski and Mankins and they also re-signed the team sack leader from last year TBC. They've only added one newcomer and he has prior experience working in this system David Patten,so yes there is work to do but there is still plenty of time before the season starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

The only good move they made was getting AC , hes perfect for that " read and attack " type scheme. Not resigning TJ after they let him go was dumb. Especially when you consider they got LT for the same exact deal. LMFAO , that makes no sense at all. Losing Rhodes will hurt , the guy has a couple bad games and all of a sudden hes chit. I still think the PATS should have been more active though. Jones or Taylor would have been great and cheap pick ups. Samething w/ Q , a 3/5 for a top ten rec is a steal and the deal the Ravens signed him to wasnt bad at all. Go after Marshall now , him or Q would be great playing our X position opposite Moss(flanker).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Radio I agree with some of what your saying , but think your way off about resigning Bodden and locking up Fork. Seriously their secondary was terrible last year , Bodden is the only guy you can count on back there and was our best D player beside Fork. If we didnt resign Bodden we would have been in terrible shape , teams would pick us apart worse than they did last year. And if we didnt lock up Fork than there would have been a big chance he leaves next year if we didnt tag him again. Hes the best NT in the game and theres really only 3-4 guys that can play that position at a high level. If you dont have a very good NT then you dont have a very good 3-4 D. It all starts up front with the big ugly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

clarkeyj1, lay off the sugar dude.  its not that bad.  All those guys want top dollar, and there isn't an unending supply of money.  If you wonder if we can win with guys like Patten and 3rd and 4th tier FA's, remember 2001.  Oh, and 2003.  2004 also.  Where was the huge free agent splash there?  Nobody wanted Rodney, and Dillon was a washed up problem child.  What other big name FA did we have?  We had some older vets and guys we drafted.  just like now.  Not saying we are going to win a ring, just saying, you don't have any evidence that this way will fail.  IT MAY, IT MAY NOT.  and we have been right alot.  How often have the Jets been right?  Not enough to get another Lombardi trophy.  All the good teams of the last decade been wildly swinging in free agency?  Nope.  They all wait, sign back their own, pick up a guy or two, and draft.  It works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Radionowhere228 ..... Nice comments,

Yeah the jets have added a few ppl and lost a few but what most aren't considering is their defense was amazing last year their offense was the problem.  So they really havent improved at all, they added cromartie yes but lost rhodes,strickland and sheppard. They added tomlinson yea but didnt thomas jones rush for 1400 yards? So the jets true problems involved their offense which they still have drops mcgulicutty as their number 1 reciever, and an average at best qb that throws picks..... doesnt seem like they got too much better to me if at all the same.

As for The Patriots they aren't even close to done with making moves everyone says they did nothing they have we actually made the 2nd biggest splash in free agency yea peppers was a good pick up for chicago. But resigning willfork and extending him he was by far the 1st or 2nd best free agent available. locking up bodden(which played really well without a pass rush imagine when we get one), Banta-cain(which had just as many sacks as peppers last year), and faulk. 

The patriots will be super active on draft day wether it be trading away draft picks for the likes of greg olse,.cooley, marcedes lewis, steve smith who ever you want to throw in there, trading adalius thomas,maroney who ever you want to throw in there for players or picks or taking and using all the draft picks because wer have alot and getting raw young talent.

The patriots will be a better team this year then last.. The only big difference will be Welkers status. other than that the team is improving.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

My only question is, were the Patriots really better than the Jets last season? The Jets lost their best NT, 3rd down back/return-man and went 9-7 (with a giveaway by the Colts, but the Bengals got owned, so 8-8 is a logical record), can you imagine what the Pats would've done without Wilfork or Kevin Faulk? Topple with the fact that the Ryan didn't have a real number 2 CB, or a SS/FS (Rhodes) he liked on defense, but he got Cromatie & Pool-- both in a trade, so you know he wanted them. I think Thomas Jones is a great back, but Shonn Greene basically ran in the playoffs for the Jets, and guess what? The Jets were 2-1 in the playoffs. He ran the ball 54 times in the playoffs for 304 yards, anyone wanna guess what his YPA was... 5.6. Not really a real drop-off. On Sanchez, guys, I hate Sanchez, but he can throw the deep-ball. He has plenty of upside, the guy can play. Give Sanchez Marshall and he doesn't need to be Chad Pennington accurate, Marshall will do all the work. But atleast we know Wilhite can defend top tier WRs like Marshall, Wayne, Meachem, Colston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Perhaps what Yakv is saying is that: so far, the Patriots have done nothing to imrpove the team from last year. However, it is early in the offseason and the draft hasn't occurred yet.

If, however, the Patriots don't improve from last year's team; including the coaching - then they will continue to have the same struggles that they've shown since mid 2007.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

My only question is, were the Patriots really better than the Jets last season? The Jets lost their best NT, 3rd down back/return-man and went 9-7 (with a giveaway by the Colts, but the Bengals got owned, so 8-8 is a logical record), can you imagine what the Pats would've done without Wilfork or Kevin Faulk? Topple with the fact that the Ryan didn't have a real number 2 CB, or a SS/FS (Rhodes) he liked on defense, but he got Cromatie & Pool-- both in a trade, so you know he wanted them. I think Thomas Jones is a great back, but Shonn Greene basically ran in the playoffs for the Jets, and guess what? The Jets were 2-1 in the playoffs. He ran the ball 54 times in the playoffs for 304 yards, anyone wanna guess what his YPA was... 5.6. Not really a real drop-off. On Sanchez, guys, I hate Sanchez, but he can throw the deep-ball. He has plenty of upside, the guy can play. Give Sanchez Marshall and he doesn't need to be Chad Pennington accurate, Marshall will do all the work. But atleast we know Wilhite can defend top tier WRs like Marshall, Wayne, Meachem, Colston.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Bengals got owned in the playoffs.....they rested their players against the Jests....get your facts straight....

Jests did not upgrade antything but their CB position....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The Jets are not getting better.  Thomlinson is done and there is a reason SD gave Cromartie away for a six pack of Schlitz.  Relax.