the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!

These moves are tantamount to the moves that the Deadskins have made in the past in free agency. The Jets Defense will be as good as it was last year and their offense will be about the same. Just because you sign every free agent that comes down the pike doesn't mean you are guaranteed victories. The Only reason they even made the playoffs last year is because they had 2 scummmmbag teams tank the last 2 games of the season. I recommend you visit thegangreen.com and make some new friends. That's most likely your home base anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Cromartie might be an ok pickup (I think he will be) but they overpaid for him and way overpaid for LT. If the Jets are hoping for simmilar numbers to TJ they will be really sorry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!:
    As far as the defense... Patriots D is solid we keep getting younger every year... wish we never traded to the packers we could and should of drafted clay matthews instead, he would of made a great addition.   We are lacking on our front and need 1 or 2 additions. Jets D is solid regardless so you cant fault them there they have a better D overall FA needs/ Draft for us is DL/ LB / WR / RB / OL /TE not in any order and we dont need any idiot over 30,31 so we keep rrepeating this process year in and year out unless its an elite player. Peppers was overpriced, bryant was not bad... for the risk, BOLDIN We should of had, THOMAS JONES SHOULD OF WENT FOR, cut or traded maroney for draft picks or a need... such as maroney to the bears for olsen and a 4th rounder before they picked up taylor, but whatever... Patriots are in trouble they need to do something..or they just going to barely make wildcard.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Who's "WE" Clarkeyj..You got a mouse in your pocket. If you're a real Pats fan which I seriously doubt you shot stop skipping your meds and take a prescribed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!!:
    You idiots need to realize the patriots arent going to the superbowl based on 4 draft picks in the top 2 rounds and new players gaining experience from last year. Our front office proved one thing is that they ARE CHEAP.  Resigning wilfork and bodden didnt prove anything we all new last year when they traded seymour away they would resign WIlfork.. it was either WILFORK OR SEYMOUR LONG TERM. They do reward aka Banta Cain, and granted BB is a genius at times.  But people who think 4 ROOKIES 5 SOPHMORES, a bunch of guys coming off injuries 36 year old david PATTEN and 3rd and 4th TIER FA's are good  and going to get us a superbowl win.. you are clearly morons. LT, SHONN Greene, and LEON washington is clearly better then morris/Taylor/and the rest of our backs.. with the exception of faulk but LT is better then faulk, and I love faulk to death but Sorry but its the truth... oh and I rather have braylon edwards and cotchery then david patten and 'josh reed' or whatever 4th tier reciever we go after now.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

LOL!  So we are morons because we don't over react when the Pats refrain from OVER SPENDING on free agents....

then you go on to say that Leon Washington and Edwards are a Jet......who is the Moron?

We have won 3 Super bowls with less than you are complaining about....either you are a new Pats fan or you are a Jests TROLL....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Just saw a post on rotoworld where the Jets getting Marshall is just a rumor and the story has no legs.

But come on where have the Jets improved? Thomas Jones at this point of his career is way better than LT. Kerry Rhodes was a better safety than that guy (never even heard of him) that they picked up from Cleveland and from what I hear is a concussion waiting to happen. They picked up a highly overrated Antonio Cromartie who the Chargers couldn't wait to unload, can you say Lito Shepard all over again. Plus another year of vets getting older on both sides of there line. They are now becoming the so called old geezer team in the division.

I'd say right now they aren't a bad team but there no Super Bowl champion either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : I'm sorry, maybe its me, but I just don't understand how you can say that re-signing Wilfork and bodden doesn't prove that the Patriots aren't cheap. The way I see it, in the end, the Pats didn't have to sign them at all. They could have let Bodden walk, and they definitely didn't have to lock Wilfork up long term he was already coming back this season because they franshised him so either Wilfork played under the tag, sat out a season, or the Pats could have traded him. So contray to what you may think, the Patriots proved that they are not CHEAP and they are more than willing to reward the players that come in do their job. Secondly, I think you are vastly underestimating just how unpredictable the NFL can be. Did any think the Pats would make it to the superbowl in '01, or the Giants in '07, or more recently that the Jets would go the AFC confrence game this season. All I am saying is that you never know what will happen in the NFL. So, it is possible that with 4 rookies, 5 sophmores, and 36 year old David patten will make it to the Superbowl. Finally, before you get your panties in a knot, the Jets really haven't done anything this offseason to make me believe that they are 100% better than last year and clear cut favorties to win the superbowl, as most people believe. So why don't you do all of us a favor, put your big boy pants on and give the Pats some time to build their roster for next season, the last I checked the season doesn't start next week and free agency definitely isn't over. And, if you find that you simply cannot do that then please by all means jump on the Jets bandwagon
    Posted by Radionowhere228

I never said the Jets were going to make it to the superbowl, I am simply agreeing with the Headline and my big boy pants are on, they just happen to be off next to the bed your wifes in.  So relax with your insults.

As far as 01 and 07 we are talking about fluke seasons, I am being realistic we are not going to have a chance at the winning the superbowl, or making a decent playoff run.

ANd if you do not think the Jets improved from last year, you obviously do not know football.

Franchise tag or not Wilfork they signed him only because they knew future FA's would not be willing to come to NE because they knew there would be no big payday when there time was up.  Once again goes back to last year SEYMOUR OR WILFORK they werent going to sign both it was either or.

Once again I am simply agreeing with the headline, atleast the JETS ARE actualy doing something.  Sorry Patriots continue to Do nothing you have a better chance of seeing a pair of panties then they do of going to the superbowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

clarkeyj1, lay off the sugar dude.  its not that bad.  All those guys want top dollar, and there isn't an unending supply of money.  If you wonder if we can win with guys like Patten and 3rd and 4th tier FA's, remember 2001.  Oh, and 2003.  2004 also.  Where was the huge free agent splash there?  Nobody wanted Rodney, and Dillon was a washed up problem child.  What other big name FA did we have?  We had some older vets and guys we drafted.  just like now.  Not saying we are going to win a ring, just saying, you don't have any evidence that this way will fail.  IT MAY, IT MAY NOT.  and we have been right alot.  How often have the Jets been right?  Not enough to get another Lombardi trophy.  All the good teams of the last decade been wildly swinging in free agency?  Nope.  They all wait, sign back their own, pick up a guy or two, and draft.  It works.
    Posted by Davedsone

David Patten was 30 in 2004 the guy will be 37 when he puts on a uniform in september.

Rodney harrison and Corey dillion was a great pick up back then least they made a move for someone.  I never once said JETS were goign tot he superbowl so I OD NOT know why everyone is saying I DID.

I simply stated, and agreed with the HEADLINE.

We want a ring we need to start dipping in FA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

My only question is, were the Patriots really better than the Jets last season? The Jets lost their best NT, 3rd down back/return-man and went 9-7 (with a giveaway by the Colts, but the Bengals got owned, so 8-8 is a logical record), can you imagine what the Pats would've done without Wilfork or Kevin Faulk? Topple with the fact that the Ryan didn't have a real number 2 CB, or a SS/FS (Rhodes) he liked on defense, but he got Cromatie & Pool-- both in a trade, so you know he wanted them. I think Thomas Jones is a great back, but Shonn Greene basically ran in the playoffs for the Jets, and guess what? The Jets were 2-1 in the playoffs. He ran the ball 54 times in the playoffs for 304 yards, anyone wanna guess what his YPA was... 5.6. Not really a real drop-off. On Sanchez, guys, I hate Sanchez, but he can throw the deep-ball. He has plenty of upside, the guy can play. Give Sanchez Marshall and he doesn't need to be Chad Pennington accurate, Marshall will do all the work. But atleast we know Wilhite can defend top tier WRs like Marshall, Wayne, Meachem, Colston.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Goddamn thank you someone who knwos football...and is not blinded because hes a patriot fan.

I hate people who keep bringing back 2001 2004/07 superbowls...

people need to realize.... the NFL is faster, stronger, then a few years ago....teams like the saints with speed demons are going to run the NFL. 

Not teams with 37 year old guys anymore... unless they happen to have the physicall ability of T.O. not david patten.   Why do you think Joey galloway didnt do anything last year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

This offseason I'm under the impression that the Pats just want to see what they have from their last few drafts instead of bringing in free agent vets for a year. At some point you need to let the kids play and see what they can bring to the team. Especially when you have has many 2-3 year players (Pryor, Brace, Mayo, Guyton, Crable, McKenzie, Butler, Chung, Wheatley, Wilhitte, Edleman, Vollmer, Bussey, Ohrnberger, Tate). One of the big problems us fans have is we see a rookie get a chance and he doesn't do well and that they'll never improve. I'd say that's the norm for rookies, and they'll get better, we all do at our jobs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

yo russ rlc in your living room /office...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : David Patten was 30 in 2004 the guy will be 37 when he puts on a uniform in september. Rodney harrison and Corey dillion was a great pick up back then least they made a move for someone.  I never once said JETS were goign tot he superbowl so I OD NOT know why everyone is saying I DID. I simply stated, and agreed with the HEADLINE. We want a ring we need to start dipping in FA.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Yeah, that works so well....especially in a very weak FA market.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : Goddamn thank you someone who knwos football...and is not blinded because hes a patriot fan. I hate people who keep bringing back 2001 2004/07 superbowls... people need to realize.... the NFL is faster, stronger, then a few years ago....teams like the saints with speed demons are going to run the NFL.  Not teams with 37 year old guys anymore... unless they happen to have the physicall ability of T.O. not david patten.   Why do you think Joey galloway didnt do anything last year?
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Um, the Saints have done less than the Pats and they have 27 free agents this year.....

Age was not Galloway's problem, it was picking up the system.....Shows how much you know about football.....and that doesn't say much for the dude that you praised.....LOL! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Where Are The Jets Getting Better?

In Response to Where Are The Jets Getting Better?:
    In Response to the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : Where are the Jets getting better?  Because they got two ex-Chargers who aren't as good as advertised anymore?  They are a borderline playoff team with a quarterback who did not show substantive improvement as his rookie season went on, a defense that couldn't get them more than nine wins, a cornerback who talks the talk but in the end could not stop good quarterbacks from winning, a playoff run that came because two teams jaked it in the final two weeks of the regular season and was sustained because of one creampuff team and another whose kicker missed three FG tries.  This is the Jets we are talking about - they are a team - a concept, really - that isn't up to winning anything.
    Posted by STP43FAN

Right now their WR group and RB group are worse and they have a 2nd yr QB coming off of surgery after a sub-par season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : Um, the Saints have done less than the Pats and they have 27 free agents this year..... Age was not Galloway's problem, it was picking up the system.....Shows how much you know about football.....and that doesn't say much for the dude that you praised.....LOL! 
    Posted by m1021us
    gallowway was going down before he got here.this shows what you know.LoL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are doing what the patriots aren't doing time to wake up!! : gallowway was going down before he got here.this shows what you know.LoL!
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1

I obviously know more than you do....

Due to a foot injury he missed most of 2008 season games and had only 13 receptions for 138 yards during the season.

Galloway was released by the Buccaneers on February 25, 2009.[1] He finished his career with the Buccaneers with 248 receptions for 3,912 yards and 28 touchdowns.

New England Patriots

Galloway signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots on March 14, 2009.[2] Although healthy, he was inactive for Weeks 4-6 of the 2009 season due to a lack of production and difficulty in learning the Patriots offense.[3] He was released on October 20.[4]