The Jets are getting way too much respect.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

The Jets are getting way too much respect.

The Jets are far from a superior team if you look at their schedule they've played and the outcome of their games. 

Sure they have won 5 straight but they were damn lucky to pull each one of those out against subpar competitiion. Against Denver....a PI call in final minute on a hail Mary 4th down play and that's just one example.

I'm sorry but I just cannot buy into the Jets hype machine. Their defense is not surprising anyone now....sure they have an excellent shutdown corner in Revis but the Bengals were able to to be real productive going the other side.  If Cromartie is allowed to hold on every play that would play large into the Jets scheme, but if not the Pats will get numerious first downs by penalties.

Their qb is average at best....and I'm betting the stage Monday night will be bigger than what he can handle.  In fact the stage Monday night will be bigger than most of the Jets team can handle.

In conclusion I look for the Pats to  beatdown the Jets by over 2 tds and this game will go down as another example of the Patriots dominance in games they're not expected to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: The Jets are getting way too much respect.

In Response to Re: The Jets are getting way too much respect.:
    [QUOTE]I also think he does this so he can teach them hands on, with them being on the film instead of him using other examples from previous teams, etc. I think he feels it's a better way to teach if the players all see themselves making the errors, as opposed to previous defense BB has coached. Just a guess.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

i agree...bb has been practicing new schemes in-game. their starting to show some unpredictability on the d. 4-deep disgusied as 2 deep. arrington lining up as de (two games now).

that said success against the nyj defense boils down to being able to defend the run.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

I think BB knew what he was doing the whole time!!  Not only was he practicing schemes during game situations, he was preparing his team for the 2013 season.

He is so smart, he probably already knows woh he's going to draft in the next two years anyway. Just preparing these guys to be the leaders of that team.  Its not like the schedule is unknown: its 90% known already!!  He's just has to wait for the draft to finally get the guys at Gillette to practice.  And you can't even say, "what about the coaching staffs of the opposition?"  BB has a library of books and videos of every possible play by every possible candidate out there!!  He knows what they're going to do.  Old hat my friends, old hat!!

BB is a god!  And the rest of America is just jealous of us.  All that matters is we know Bill has it all covered.

Go Pats!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Phol Simms & Sapp are picking NE. Collingsworth is taking Brady. I just HOPE if we DO get a nice lead that the D doesn't start playing soft allowing them tons of yards and a couple quick TD's and ALSO, that if we need to use some clock, they stick with dink/dunk,  high percentage passes, play action, a few runs, WHATEVER they had working for the rest of the game. When they try and close out someone it all goes to H3LL real fast cuz they change everything they were doing that was working.
    Monday can't get here quick enough

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As much as I hate the Jets and thought they would be a joke this year, I have to admit that they have done well...really well. 9 and 2 is 9 and 2, no matter what you think of it. We are 9 and 2 and honestly we haven't looked good through stretches of it and hopefully that won't matter in the playoffs. I can't believe that Sanchez hasn't fallen flat on his face yet, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised, he has some very good players around him. He did play well in the playoffs last year, but I wrote that off as a guy going on a nice streak. Now he's got Holmes and LT helping him, but I still think he falls on his face (probably Monday night) and ends up dissapointing NY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Depends on what you mean by "respect".  If you are like the NY media, they've been crowned the SB champs already.  The rest of the football world ackowledges the Jets are 9 - 2, winning games in which they have not necessarily played well and are getting it done.  You can't discount a 9 - 2 record given the way this NFL season has gone.  If you were to swap the Pats with the Jets, winning games in a similar fashion, I am certain you would love this attention.  But, this is being given to the Jets, so, you hate it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets are getting way too much respect.:
    [QUOTE].... I really believe the winner of this monday night game is going to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  Of course I believe the winner will be the Pats!
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I think a better statement may be one of these two teams is most likely to represent the AFC in the SB as you have bascially made the case if the Jets wins, the Pats won't be in the SB?

I do not think any of us wants to think the loser of this game will have not be in the SB all off of this one regular season game.  There will be bragging rights for Jets fans and the team if the Pats lose.  I'd rather think regardless of the result, we are looking at a likely preview of the AFCCG depending on seeding? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I respect the Jets as a good team but not a great team.  Since late October they have been remarkably so-so. 

They couldn't score a point versus Green Bay at home.

They played 2-9 Detroit away.  The Jets won the coin toss in overtime and got to field goal range.  It's a victory, and the Jets' coin tossing ability is excellent, but what does all this say about the Jets' ability to play the game?

They played 4-7 Cleveland away.  The Jets won the coin toss in overtime, but then they needed 14 minutes and 44 seconds of overtime to score their victory. 

They played 5-7 Houston at home.  Houston takes the lead at 2:18 in the fourth quarter.  Then Sanchez starts his game-winning drive by throwing an interception, setting up Houston first and goal on the Jets 10 yard line.  Oops.  Congrats to the Jets pulling this one out anyway with 8 seconds to spare.

They played 2-9 Cincinnati at home.  How easy does it get?  Finally they were able to beat somebody by a decent score, 26-10.  For this they want a medal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think a better statement may be one of these two teams is most likely to represent the AFC in the SB as you have bascially made the case if the Jets wins, the Pats won't be in the SB?

Probably be better said The team that wins Monday will most likely win the AFC East. Jests win and we're down 2 games. We win and I think it goes to wins against common opponents. Thats where the Cleveland game could hurt.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Them Jets are fairly good.  BUT the wild card in this situation, given our re-resurgent offense, is our defense.  Belichick values game experience highly.  Was he running different defenses with a lead to test guys?  I don't know.  BUT I do know, we play 2 or 3 quarters of great defensive football, then suddenly turn into swiss cheese, and I notice we are suddenly backed off, lots of zone, no stunting, twisting, blitzing, whatever.  Seems like they are scheming the thing like that.  SEEMS LIKE, I'm not 100 percent sure, but they could be either letting the defense take their lumps early (Bill B believes the season starts after thanksgiving, right) to get in shape for the season, or he suddenly loses ability to figure out what the other guys are doing and how to counter it?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Could be Sancheese will have to attempt some late game heroics.  We will have to see what we come up with, and if he can overcome it.  I think we will be fine.  I'm kind of predicting a beat-down.  At least a healthy, NON last second win.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

I have always believed, if you want to BE iron, you must FACE iron.

I'll let you guys figure out what that means....Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Paul K-

You show some valid factual information on the Jets.  A little over simplified in the context of comparison to the Pats however. Devil's advocate:

While I loved that we didn't let one slip away in Detroit, that final score was not indicative of what was going on after 45 minutes (24-24), as the same argument can be applied to the Steelers and Colts game, only reversed (23-3 and 28-14). Was the Detoit game really a 21 point blowout and was the Colts 3 point win really that close? No and No. 

We let two 2-4 teams (SD at its worst, and the mutinous Vikings)stay in the game when the Pats lead by more than 10 (up 17 in SD, up 11 v. Minnesota) in the 4th. Not exactly dominating and throat squashing performances when you consider both teams had the ball looking for the lead or tie the game.    

Before you call the Jets a pedestrian 9-2, our Patriots haven't been very consistent either.  They both have flaws in their armor.  Doesn't make them less legitimate, only more intriguing as to what may happen on Monday night.

Go Pats!  I like our chances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

bingo!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Jets have barely won against lousy teams the last 2 months.  That says it all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Apparently is s*cks playing against a team with a winning record.

Sections
Shortcuts