The Jets are looking to hire another GM in addition to Tannebaum ???????

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: The Jets are looking to hire another GM in addition to Tannebaum ???????

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They're a bizarre performance art project that only a few people can tolerate watching... [/QUOTE]
    They should qualify for some National Endowment for the Arts money for this drama.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, what you're saying, Rkarp, is that all the current starters by choice on a team that Rex Ryan called his "most talented", a D that can't stop the run currently, has been wildly signing any Tom, Dick or Harry off the street hoping something works, now has a pipeline of talent awaiting from Tannenbum's recent drafts?

Is that why you're telling us the Jets situation is "overblown"?

Please explain, RKarp. We are all dying to here just WHO on that roster that isn't a FA/a future cut or an non-affordable re-sign, is somehow part of their great future.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

I already stated the facts;

The Jets have projected 2013 cap of $141 mil as of today.

They will cut J Smith, C Pace, B Scott for a total of approx $27mil. They also have a carry over from this year of approx $5.0 mil. This will get the Jets down to $109 mil with out renegotiating DBrick and Sanchez. They will have approx $15-$20 mil cap space available once the free agency period begins.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, what you're saying, Rkarp, is that all the current starters by choice on a team that Rex Ryan called his "most talented", a D that can't stop the run currently, has been wildly signing any Tom, Dick or Harry off the street hoping something works, now has a pipeline of talent awaiting from Tannenbum's recent drafts?

Is that why you're telling us the Jets situation is "overblown"?

Please explain, RKarp. We are all dying to here just WHO on that roster that isn't a FA/a future cut or an non-affordable re-sign, is somehow part of their great future.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

I already stated the facts;

The Jets have projected 2013 cap of $141 mil as of today.

They will cut J Smith, C Pace, B Scott for a total of approx $27mil. They also have a carry over from this year of approx $5.0 mil. This will get the Jets down to $109 mil with out renegotiating DBrick and Sanchez. They will have approx $15-$20 mil cap space available once the free agency period begins.

[/QUOTE]

It's seriously a neck and neck race today between you and Pezzy for dumbest person here.

Mr Hurl has the market cornered on Liardom, while Underpants holds the Mr. Arrogant crown.

Who is J Smith?  You keep making up names on their roster. Who is "J Smith"? Also, you mentioned them resigning "Moore"?   Do you mean Brandon Moore?

I posted facts that completely embarrssed you, as well. You clearly didn't read them, but everyone else did.

lol

[/QUOTE]

Neal, I am begging you, stop embarrassing yourself. I crushed you on the other post regarding the Pats Oline, showing that the entire BDC community, and every Pats analyst, writer and web blogger disagrees with you. Now you are making me embarrass you regarding the Jets cap? C'mon, even you dont want that much punishment!

The Jets don't have to gut the defense as you say. 

You don't know who JSmith is? He is Jason Smith, and he plays Oline. ( not defense btw) he will be cut, saving $12 million to the cap. He is not "made up", he was traded for Wayne Hunter.  Bart Scott is not gutting the defense. He will be cut saving $7.1 million against the cap. CPace also will be cut. He will save $8.5 mil against the cap. That is approx $28 million in savings( and also resulting in less dead money than the Pats carried this year) 

BMoore is Brandon Moore. He is an undrafted free agent, yes, even Tannenboob can find some players, just like BB. Moore made the Pro Bowl last year. He is a free agent who will be resigned. 

Lets revisit this conversation at the beginning of the free agency period and we will see how much money the Jets have to sign players. 

Once again, the facts get in your way on this board.

its funny, you have more posts about the Jets than anyone else, yet when anyone points out your incorrect comments, you re sort to name calling and changing the subject rather than admitting you are wrong. 

I am statingyou are wrong and also putting in writing on his board the following;

1) as usual, you are wrong( have I said enough that you are wrong?)

2) the Jets will be under the cap and will be able to sign free agents

3) the Jets will play to a 7-10 win season with a chance to sneak into the wild card

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lets  bury Neal one more time, and point out the Jets roster as follows;

Revis( if he reports without being resigned) along with Cro and Wilson are unarguably the best trio of CB's on any team in the NFL assuming health for Revis. 

Wilkerson, Coples (the past 3 games has played better than Chandler Jones), DeVito and Pouha form a solid rotational front line. 

Harris is a border line pro bowler

The Jets Oline arguably boasts 3 pro bowlers in Mangold, D'Brick and Moore

Holmes, Kerley and Hill are sufficient outside weapons

Keller won't be resigned in favor of a blocking TE

Powell will be rotational RB depth and the Jets will look for anotherRB either in the draft or FA. 

Sanchez and a veteran in the mold of Moore will manage the offense, running more than passing, hoping the defense is able to keep them in games.

Jets troll? Hardly, just someone who sees a 7-10 win team next year 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The cap situation next year is interesting.  Nice to know that we follow a team that has been the model of economic spending.  I suspect some teams might have to purge talent which could add to a strange dynamic of some really cheap good players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

Assuming a rough 2013 cap number of approx $128 mil, the Jets will have approx $20 before they even renegotiate anyone...

Wow, that was hard.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's not quite what you meant, but have you considered working with Mike Tannenbaum?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

Sanchez and a veteran in the mold of Moore will manage the offense, running more than passing, hoping the defense is able to keep them in games.

Jets troll? Hardly, just someone who sees a 7-10 win team next year 

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez really? Do you honestly think that they can bring back Rex and Sanchez and everything will be good? Sanchez is shot. He needs a change of scenery, to say the least. And you're going to have a two headed QB situation with him and a Matt Moore, is that a good idea?  I think they need to move on from the whole regime and start over myself.  It aint working, there's no future without finding a franchise type QB.  It's just the same 6-8 win treadmill they've been on.

I can see 7 wins, maybe 8 (no way 10), but is that supposed to be acceptable? Aren't they supposed to be better than that by now in what will be Rex's fifth season?  As a Pats fan, I hope they do just what you're saying.  Keep chasing mediocrity.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey is this the pats Forum or the Jets Forum? So much obsessive conversations about the Jets. It's like being in the sox Forum and everybody is talking about the Yankees ALL the time.

I can understand the sox fans frustration of being the Yankees whippin boys for forever but the Jets thing is a bit confusing.Any ideas?

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you're a Jet/Yankee fan who spends all his/her time and energy on Pats/Sox message boards, and you're asking why Pats fans would want to discuss the ineptitude of the Jets?

Do you see the irony here? Probably not, you're clearly a little short in the perception dept.

25. This post has been removed.