The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL

In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL:
    [QUOTE]It's better they are hot now then hot going into the playoffs. There's plenty of time left for them to get cold and implode.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

I suggest you light candles and hope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]You gotta be lucky to be good. The Pats had some luck in their 6 wins, but I'm not complaining. It suck$, definitely. Having the division would've been nice, but all you can do now is bounce back and beat Pittsburgh. The Jets will lose theirs, we just need to take care of ours.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The good teams always seem to get lucky. BUT...after these last two wins, Rex Ryan likely will have to check in for surgery to get that horseshoe removed from his butt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

dont forget that broncos pass interference call that saved the jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbredsoxfan. Show wlbredsoxfan's posts

That's what Jet's fans use to say about the Pats during our glory days.  Every very good team needs a good deal of luck to win consistently.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]dont forget that broncos pass interference call that saved the jets.
    Posted by pilillo[/QUOTE]....you mean that call that was correctly made because the D didnt cover correctly? Whose fault is that? The Jets? Give it a rest. They didn't play great but without Folk missing 2 FG's in regulation, all the whining here wouldn't be happening....well thinking about it, yes it would because you can't stand the fact they are still winning and keeping pace with your "mighty patriots" so you'd still be moaning and groaning about something. Win your game tonite and the records will be the same. If they don't whose fault is that? Not the jets

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

said ipot, the spiritual reincarnation of eeyore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well the Jets looked better against the Browns than we did, so there is that. 

Yes, the Jets have been lucky. 

But: what some of you are overlooking is that Sanchez is playing much better (and consistently so) than many of us though the would. If he keeps playing this well, making key plays under pressure, the Jets will be there right up to the end. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL:
    [QUOTE]anyone agree? they have barely won their last 2 out of 3 games. Pass interference call vs denver, now the lions, idk jets are getting exposed. theyre not as good as i thought
    Posted by pilillo[/QUOTE]

And if the Pats won games this way, how would you feel?  It is what it is.. the ball bounces the Jets way.  I'd rather concern myself with how the Pats play and their winning their games because if they do, who cares what the Jets do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : And if the Pats won games this way, how would you feel?  It is what it is.. the ball bounces the Jets way.  I'd rather concern myself with how the Pats play and their winning their games because if they do, who cares what the Jets do. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Here, here agcsbill.  I don't know how "luck" plays into a 7-2 record - some fortunate things?  Sure, but luck?  Not a believer.  I've seen too many weird things go in the Pats favor over the years, and believe with p-mike - fortune is the residue of design, or a team "makes its own luck" kinda' thing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

No such thing as luck, just opportunities

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

They are playing well. You can try and dismiss it as luck, but it only makes you look petty. Holmes had key catches in both OT wins. This isn't luck, it is execution at key points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Im so sick of seeing the JETS get lucky. They should have lost the past two games. If stuckey was smart and went out of bounds the browns would have gone on to win. They are not the best team in the AFC east and tonight I hope the PATS show who is....maybe in the whole AFC!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : The Pats will show who is, very soon.  They will get beat worse this week than last.  You just have to love al the crying.  Tell me, of all of TBs game winning drives, how many were lucky?  Of all those picks and fumble recoveries those Patsy teams made (when they used to be good), to win games late, how many were lucky?  Half?  Most?  All?
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Execution creates the "luck". That is all. The Jets played well today and deserved the win. I'm not happy about it, but I don't see any reason to say they didn't earn it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : The Pats will show who is, very soon.  They will get beat worse this week than last.  You just have to love al the crying.  Tell me, of all of TBs game winning drives, how many were lucky?  Of all those picks and fumble recoveries those Patsy teams made (when they used to be good), to win games late, how many were lucky?  Half?  Most?  All?
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Don't care about the Jets, but, tough wins against teams they should handle easily... hmmmm...  let's see how the Jets are in January. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : Don't care about the Jets, but, tough wins against teams they should handle easily... hmmmm...  let's see how the Jets are in January. 

Didn't the Pats play the same team last wk?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Some seriously upset people here today. It was the Browns who were lucky to even be in the game today. Folk bettter get his game in order.

As for my Jets - they still need better defensive line and safety play. But all in all, a good win on the road against a very tough oponent. And anyone who says differently has no clue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : Didn't the Pats play the same team last wk?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The Giants lost to the Cowboys today, who some have said is sorrier than the Browns.  What is your point?  Didn't the Jets play the Ravens and lost while the Pats played the Ravens and WON?  If we are to judge a team by one game, then there isn't a favorite in the NFL at all this year!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : The Giants lost to the Cowboys today, who some have said is sorrier than the Browns.  What is your point?  Didn't the Jets play the Ravens and lost while the Pats played the Ravens and WON?  If we are to judge a team by one game, then there isn't a favorite in the NFL at all this year!

That's what I just said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Some seriously upset people here today. It was the Browns who were lucky to even be in the game today. Folk bettter get his game in order. As for my Jets - they still need better defensive line and safety play. But all in all, a good win on the road against a very tough oponent. And anyone who says differently has no clue.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jessey may be a Giants fan in 3 weeks.  It all depends who has the better record.

Of course theres luck in football and the Jets have had it in their favor the last 2 weeks. 

I hate the Jets (especially Mark Sanchez) but I do like Rex Ryan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Jets are lucky but at the same instance they played well enough to be lucky. Good teams find a way to stay in the game and take advantage when luck happens. So I hate to give credit to the Jets but they have been playing well and have taken advantage of their luck when it happens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : The Giants lost to the Cowboys today, who some have said is sorrier than the Browns.  What is your point?  Didn't the Jets play the Ravens and lost while the Pats played the Ravens and WON?  If we are to judge a team by one game, then there isn't a favorite in the NFL at all this year!

Based on your previous posts, you're contradicting yourself. I guess you just go with the flow. I admit that's a little harsh on my part, but IMO this is partly the case.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : Jessey may be a Giants fan in 3 weeks.  It all depends who has the better record. Of course theres luck in football and the Jets have had it in their favor the last 2 weeks.  I hate the Jets (especially Mark Sanchez) but I do like Rex Ryan.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

SPC - do I have to slap you around on this forum as well? Don't you ever learn the lessons I teach you?

That being said, how are you doing kid?