the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost

it happened again tonight. why is this piece of craap team so blessed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost

I know I was thinking the same thing....The Jets are one of these days gonna have the great luck go the other way. Romo is such a meatball!!! They score that TD game over!

Just wait it happened all last year where they escaped with a win. I bet this year the luck runs out to a certain degree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's actually a mark of a very good football team. It takes a lot of discipline to stay focused in games like that and Rex always seems to manage them and get them through it. 

He's a better coach than given credit for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost:
    [QUOTE]It's actually a mark of a very good football team. It takes a lot of discipline to stay focused in games like that and Rex always seems to manage them and get them through it.  He's a better coach than given credit for.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

ditto...

If they continue to win games like this, they'll be a dangerous team during playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

49Patriots is right.  Combine the mental toughness and emotional energy (yes, I hate to say that about the Jets, but it's true) with a very good defense that keeps games close and an offense that sputters a lot but is capable of periodic big plays and you have a very dangerous team.  Because they keep games close, they can often win on one or two big plays.  And because they stay focused and charged up right to the end of the game, they often get those big plays near the end of the game when their opponents are tired and starting to flag a bit. It's persistance right up until the end that pays off for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]It's actually a mark of a very good football team. It takes a lot of discipline to stay focused in games like that and Rex always seems to manage them and get them through it.  He's a better coach than given credit for.

Well said 49.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I've always thought Ryan can rally the troops well. He just says too much to the wrong people sometimes. You know Bill believes he can win it all, he just keeps it too himself. I saw the Jests get gashed on the ground, thats how I think we go at them. Their O-Line were in the back field all night. Snachez has to be given credit getting crushed only as much as he did. Buffalo got it going on too. They always play us tough too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Sanchez is still the weak link.  Game manager at best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I hate the Jets but we have to give them credit for coming back like that. How many times have the Pats done that to teams during their superbowl runs. It is a sign of a well coached team that never gives up. Teams like that can rally against the so called choking teams like Dallas. How many times has Dallas choked over the years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Sometimes this is the case, but it was not last night.  The Jets gave away the game 2 or 3 times in the 4th quarter but the Cowboys kept giving it back.  It wasn't the Jets making plays it was the Cowboys #$%^ing up every opportunity they had.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I appreciate the respect some of you are giving to Rex.  I know he likes to talk to the media a ton but I beleive that most of the NFL coaches talk that way behind closed doors. Rex just has no filter when it comes to his own expectations.

As far as Sanchez, I think he will be throwing a lot more this year.  He will probably make some mistakes early in the season but I expect him to learn and be better for it come the playoff run.  Stats looked decent last night but the one stat that trumps all is 1-0.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Going to echo a lot of the sentiments on this thread -- it's very frustrating to see the Jets win these types of games, but this is what good teams do.

Some of my favorite Pats wins over the years have been the games where they weren't their best, but came out on top in the end. I'm thinking 2003 at Denver (intentional safety game), '04 season opener against Indy, even the Ravens game in 2007.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Mikec645 has it right, The jets scored 10 points during a period where their offense had only 5 yards.  thats not the Jets being mentally tough although I do agree with 49patriots that they are indeed that.  This game was just a complete meltdown by the cownoobs and was an absolute gift basket for the jets.. very annoying game to watch at the end there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

there are 3 phases to the game and Fatty Rex has his team prepared despite Sanchize playnig like a goober.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

from here, yea its annoying to watch bc we are trying to win the division and almost had a head start.

its frustrating to watch them win a game they were losing by 14.

when it comes down to it, it shouldn't matter to us. Its the Patriots job to beat them and the our fans job to help. 

hate to admit it, and maybe its bc of the memorial stuff about ny, but the jets showed many positives in this game. plax looked better in the second half. sanchez looks better than last year. defense destroyed the pathetic cowboys o line. and they made big plays when they had to.

ITS OUR TURN TO TONIGHT. ACCEPT PATRIOTS STYLE. DOMINATE.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

During the game they mentioned the JEts have a 70% fumble recovery ratio over 2 seasons.. where this statistic is typically one that has a median arounf 50% wioth a small standard deviation...quite a statistical anomoly.

Rex is a funny coach and I have to give him credit for this somehow...something in the preparation or in the type of player he likes to recruit makes a scrappy team that plays above what is on paper.

So does BB but in a different way for sure.

btownteamsrking says it: ACCEPT PATRIOTS STYLE ...if the Pats focus on their way and not get out of our style last Decembers result will be the norm.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Sanchez seems to thrive passing againts the prevent defence.   I think it would be a good idea to mix up the defence againts him in the forth Quarter instead of going vanilla. .. Even if Sanchez burns you late in the game with the long pass you can get those points back by exposing the Jets thin defence late in the game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'll give credit to the Boys for playing almost a good game. I knew the Jets would win, but didnt think the Boys would give it to them.

That INT at the end by Romo reminded me of Favre throwing the game away in 07 against the G-men.  Exact same play, and a throw that never should have been made.

Gut check win # 1 for the Jets  :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

How is it that NO defenses seem to pick up on Brian Shitenheimer's one-trick playbook? The JETS only go to touchdown passing route is over-the-shoulder down the left sideline where Sanchez lofts a go-and-get-it to the cone or out of bounds. They run this play against every team, game-in-game out. Last night, Burress was the recipient of this play. So frustrating to watch because the Jets run it every game once they get near the 30 yard-line. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Jason Garrett lost that game when he called two pass plays from the 3-yard line, up by 7 with 10 minutes left.

Run it three times there and don't risk coming away with no points.

Worst-case scenario if you run it three times is a FG to put you up 27-17, with two more minutes bled off the clock.

Very reckless playcalling down there in that situation.

That said, after awhile you have to stop calling these crazy NYJ wins lucky, because luck isn't usually a trend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I've always thought Ryan can rally the troops well. He just says too much to the wrong people sometimes. You know Bill believes he can win it all, he just keeps it too himself. I saw the Jests get gashed on the ground, thats how I think we go at them. Their O-Line were in the back field all night. Snachez has to be given credit getting crushed only as much as he did. Buffalo got it going on too. They always play us tough too.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Not sure we were watching the same game? Jones seemed unable to get any kind of rhythm going

Sections
Shortcuts