the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost

In Response to Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost:
    [QUOTE]It's actually a mark of a very good football team. It takes a lot of discipline to stay focused in games like that and Rex always seems to manage them and get them through it.  He's a better coach than given credit for.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Can't stand Rex's style.  Must admit I agree with you 100%.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

When they win, make note of that and move on.  They are supposed to win games like that.  The SOJ's would not have won that game but with the advent of Ryan, they do.  A win is a win, you move that over to the win column.  The hope here is that they do not recover against us,  We will see hwat we will see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]Of course. It's one dimensional and predictable.  Once they go into zone and sit back, or mix and match with some blitzes, he struggles with accuracy. Note how his best passes are lobbed balls to his tallest receiver in single coverage, with no help over the top, or a slant to Holmes off the line. That's really all he can do outside of hitting Keller. Or, hitting the RB out of the backfield. All the easiest passes for a QB. Teams with good defenses will continue to cause him problems.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Hmmm?

Isn't that what the QB is supposed to do.  Find the best matchup and throw it where only HIS guy can get it?  Would he be more impressive if he threw into tight double coverage?

Don't teams with good D's usually cause problems for QB's. Isn't that the definition of a GOOD D?

I'm not a Jets Fan either... But you need to make a little more sense!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Unfortunately it is a sign of a winning team.  We know only to well we killed them in Dec. only to lose in the playoffs a month later.  A troubling sign of a winner with an obnoxious coach.

Sanchez does not seem good enough but they get by.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

They did win the game Rusty.  Oh well...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A FG makes it hard to coem back. The Cowboys have the ball on the three (ir whatever yardline it was). Yes you do what it takes to get a TD but you don't endanger the football. Romo fumbles. This has nothing to do with the Jets. Romo is one big choke.

Later in the fourth quarter the Cowboys ahve the ball and the game is tied. Good field position. The coach keeps Bryant in the game even though his grandmother can outrun him considering he is all but unable to run.

Romo takes the snap. That was perhaps the greater mistake. Letting Romo have the ball in his hands. He is one big choke... He throws a perfect pass to Reveis. Good job Mr. Choke.

If I owned the Cowboys or was the GM I would trade him now. Period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Tony Romo single handily seems to lose so many games that they should've won.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost : Hmmm? Isn't that what the QB is supposed to do.  Find the best matchup and throw it where only HIS guy can get it?  Would he be more impressive if he threw into tight double coverage? Don't teams with good D's usually cause problems for QB's. Isn't that the definition of a GOOD D? I'm not a Jets Fan either... But you need to make a little more sense!
    Posted by mar10[/QUOTE]

I don't recall the actual number, but I recall the Jets D holding QBs to a 70 or 80 rating in 2010.  Look what they did to Brady.  Romo torched the Jets for much of the game, mostly under pressure.  I'd say he went to the well once too often last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Jason Garrett lost that game when he called two pass plays from the 3-yard line, up by 7 with 10 minutes left. Run it three times there and don't risk coming away with no points. Worst-case scenario if you run it three times is a FG to put you up 27-17, with two more minutes bled off the clock. Very reckless playcalling down there in that situation. That said, after awhile you have to stop calling these crazy NYJ wins lucky, because luck isn't usually a trend.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

I think running backs can fumble too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Neither offense looked impressive. The Jets kept trying to give the game away but the Cowboys wouldn't take it. It was a battle of two below average qbs. All about which one would cough hardest, along with some poor coaching, especially by Dallas, thrown in. Special Teams sealed the deal with that punt block. I don't like to say this but I've got to give kudos to the Jets for not giving up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost : What they did to Brady? 45-3? Brady's brain faht and Crumpler's TD drop not withstanding, Bill O"Brien had a lot do with the playoff loss in the second half last year than anything else. Greg Bedard's most recent column summarizes this aspect very well. NY is in for a rude awakening this year with their arrogance up against this Pats team. Don't expect lightning to strike twice. Fact is, NY'D has major flaws like we saw in last year's AFC Title game when they played the pass and Pitt ran all over them. Romo didn't go to the well too much, it's jus that he's an idiot for not playing 4 qtrs at the position. He does that all the time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You can claim this guy made a bad pass or this guy dropped a pass in pretty much every game and try to cover up for whatever it is your trying to cover up.  Whatever you need to get some sleep at night.  Two of Brady's worst games last year were against the Jets.  And almost every other QB looked a lot worse against them as they normally do.  Sounds like you have a hard time accepting the facts.  Just because Pitt was able to run all over them, that doesn't mean other teams can and will.  Just because Romo was able to pass all over them, that doesn't mean other QBs will.  I'll take an entire body of work over one game to make my judgements.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Neither offense looked impressive. The Jets kept trying to give the game away but the Cowboys wouldn't take it. It was a battle of two below average qbs. All about which one would cough hardest, along with some poor coaching, especially by Dallas, thrown in. Special Teams sealed the deal with that punt block. I don't like to say this but I've got to give kudos to the Jets for not giving up.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

If a combined 700 yards, 4 TDs 2 picks and a 100 &  a 90 rating while neither team could run the ball is unimpressive, what sort of numbers does an offense need to put up to be impressive?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the jets seem to win so many games that they should've lost : If a combined 700 yards, 4 TDs 2 picks and a 100 &  a 90 rating while neither team could run the ball is unimpressive, what sort of numbers does an offense need to put up to be impressive?
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

If all you pay attention to are numbers, O.K. I'm not a stats guy. Two teams can pile up a bunch of numbers and still not look good doing it. I watched the game and numbers aside ,IMO, what I saw was not impressive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Actually, I usually have the Jets as a bit higher-rated than their win-loss record.  They lose games that they should have won.  This last game was Dallas at home, and they should have been comfortably better than Dallas going into the fourth quarter.  That's what real championship teams do.  They don't write their essays during homeroom period and expect to pull off an "A".

Sections
Shortcuts