The Jet's won? what does that say about BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

The Jet's won? what does that say about BB?

If the jet's got this far what the heck happened to the patriots? And will this be a year that BB and Kraft step up and get back to a dynasty form or will they lay down and die?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: The Jet's won? what does that say about BB?

One good (yet unfinished) season by the Jets does nothing to diminish a DECADE worth of work by Belichick and Kraft. We've had almost total turnover on defense the past two years, we lost a top-2 QB to a devastating knee injury last year, we lost to the Giants on a fluke play, and because of our success, other teams have taken our coaches and head scouts.

The Jets are at a different place than we are but we're not exactly bottom dwellers either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

They'll probably lay down and die.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

nothing i hate more than the dynasty talk.  it implies winning by sheer momentum.  well, 01 was followed my 02, remember?  its hard to win, and every year you have to get a team together that can do the job.  when we won in 03 and 04, the team started out wobbly or had tough stretches in there at points, and we struggled to get by.  but we did.  since then, not so much.  we have been competitive, and were this year again, just not at the level we needed.  in 05.  and 06.  and 07. and 08.  and 09.  K?  nothing super magically bad this year, just another year we didnt win the SB.  next year we will try again to assemble a team that can do it all.  there IS NO DYNASTY.  it was a few years of teams that made it.  and a few years of teams that didnt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Make NO Mistake, I want my team to win each and every year...but I vividly recall when I was living in FLA in my late 20's & seeing teenie-boppers wearing Brady Jerseys time and again...people who never struggled through the Multiple Losing Seasons.  I know I wasn't around (or alive) in their earliest of years, but it's different when you started liking a team when they stunk (and pretty much, always had at that time).  "Bandwagon Fan" is such an overused and derogatory colloquial slur, And I'm not suggesting anyone here being one, Yet IF One thing can be taken away from people Booing the guys in Gillette & not being able to accept 1 (or *gasp-even 2) rebuilding years after a decade of greatness, It's that the mass of needless tagalongs from The Herd of Patriot Fans needs to be thinned out in order to maximize the strength of the rest of Us, & get back some attitude and nastiness...btw, the same holds true for The Patriot Players. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well said Davedsone. 

The Jets success in the playoffs doesn't say anything about BB.  The Pats beat the Jets pretty easily in their second game.  The first they didn't have Welker.  Did the Pats play worse against the Ravens, or have the Jets played better in the playoff games?, or maybe they just have better matchups right now.  Who knows, who cares, it doesn't change the outcome of this season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to The Jet's won? what does that say about BB?:
    If the jet's got this far what the heck happened to the patriots? And will this be a year that BB and Kraft step up and get back to a dynasty form or will they lay down and die?
    Posted by bosportfan

Your logic is flying over my head.  So I guess any team that advances to the conference championship game with an inferior regular season record than some of the teams on the sideline is saying something?  If the Jests manage to do this consistently, then you can say they have become better than the Pats.  Doing this for one year says absolutely nothing.  The jury is still out and will continue to be out for some time.

I posted on another thread a reminder about the Steelers.  They won the SB in the 2005 season.  That was followed by an 8-8 season.  The following year they were 9-7.  No doubt a lot of their "fans" wrote them off and predicted their days were over.  Of course, the next year they were 12-4 and won the SB again.  No doubt some are saying they are history again.  I doubt it.  I also doubt our Pats are finished.  Very very few teams manage to have as many consecutive winning seasons as the Pats.  In fact, don't we own the record for the longest streak without a losing season?

We had a mediocre year this year.  That much is a given.  I'll reserve judgement as to whether or not our glory days are behind us until after next season.  If we regress further I will agree that the team has become stale and needs to re-energize itself.  Sorry, but I just can't get all depressed over a 10-6 season and the division crown.  Not the SB for sure, but not 1-15, 3-13, or even 8-8 either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

I would say BB gets a pass. Would you rather the 1-15 patriots? Four super bowls in 10 years, not bad. Ill take that over 1-15 teams any day

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

What does a jet win say about BB? That would be nothing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Come on.  First they beat the Bengals.  The Bengals!  Even the Bills could have done that.  Then they watched as San Diego did its annual playoff implosion.  Anyone but the Colts can do that.  Now if somehow Peyton doesn't choke next week but they still manage to win, that would be saying something.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Re: The Jet's won? what does that say about BB?"

It means that it's time to put on "Puff the Magic Dragon," get some cookies and milk and 
    get yourself tucked in.

Sections
Shortcuts