The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

No. Not a Jests' fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Had the pleasure of meeting Aflac's owner while visiting K-port, Maine at the Cape Arundel Inn. The famous rep should have been saying 'crack, crack, crack..........' in reference to potential allegations of thug drug dealing. If the Jests find a way to beat the Pats this year, I would find it 'whacked, whacked, wacked...'

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Gatorade didn't want to be affiliated with the Jets anymore, so they dropped them. Fear not Jets fans, they have a new drink sponsor. Lean, the drink of preseason SB champions.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from copydog. Show copydog's posts

2 Girls, 1 Sanchez

Woody Johnson is Straightup Snoop Lyin'

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find Out What It Means to Dee

NYJets truck on fire. Fireman is just like, "meh."  Source:  @PatsCat502

Source: @Jdurick

Source: @rthexton64

Source: @bubbaa91

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sanchez refuses to ditch that shoe string head band thing. He deserves the ribbing he gets for that let alone his play. I read somewhere that he threw 2 picks in OTA's to a 300+ lb lineman nicknamed "snacks".  That has to be discouraging. Lol.  
    Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from copydog. Show copydog's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Sanchez refuses to ditch that shoe string head band thing. He deserves the ribbing he gets for that let alone his play. I read somewhere that he threw 2 picks in OTA's to a 300+ lb lineman nicknamed "snacks".  That has to be discouraging. Lol.  

SNACKS????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to copydog's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

SNACKS????

That is so awesome!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

New York Jets

New York Jets

New York Jets

New York Jets

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This from NY Giants All-Pro OG, Chris Snee: “I would never, ever compare Jerry Reese to anything associated with the Jets.”  

LOL!!!!!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/myers-gm-reese-countdown-reveals-rex-article-1.1412310#ixzz2aXPgOg2Z

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Rumor has it that rookie QB Geno Smith is out of shape. You be the judge: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/mint_condition_mGW46PcMgJWDPwg0bdcIfL

LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

More contradictory information in Jetsland. On one hand, it's being reported that Geno Smith is out of shape. On the other hand, it's being reported that he's out-performing Mark Sanchez in training camp:  http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-geno-smith-mark-sanchez-outplaying-at-training-camp-080113 

So...can assume that a fat Geno is beating out an in shape Mark?

LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's the latest from Jets' training camp...as yesterday the team had it's Green v. White intersquad scrimmage. Jets' fans on hand (yes...there are still some Jets fans out there) loudly booed QB Mark Sanchez after he suffered a pick, when he grossly overthrew a deep pattern...and, again...when Sanchez stumbled and fell as he was dropping back to pass. Jets' sportswriters on hand quickly seized on this, and referred to it as the buttstumble. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/04/antonio-cromartie-objects-to-boos-for-mark-sanchez/ 

Here's more on what turned out to be a boo-feast, rather than a scrimmage: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/fans-boo-sanchez-scrimmage-antonio-rips-faithful-article-1.1417077

LOL!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Here's the latest from Jets' training camp...as yesterday the team had it's Green v. White intersquad scrimmage. Jets' fans on hand (yes...there are still some Jets fans out there) loudly booed QB Mark Sanchez after he suffered a pick, when he grossly overthrew a deep pattern...and, again...when Sanchez stumbled and fell as he was dropping back to pass. Jets' sportswriters on hand quickly seized on this, and referred to it as the buttstumble. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/04/antonio-cromartie-objects-to-boos-for-mark-sanchez/ 

Here's more on what turned out to be a boo-feast, rather than a scrimmage: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/fans-boo-sanchez-scrimmage-antonio-rips-faithful-article-1.1417077

LOL!!!!!

Congrats on post 700.   Very worthy news.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm waiting to see the media boycott Sanchez like they did to Eli.    the media could make it a double if thy try hard enough. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Note Taking Sanchez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey, jetssuc...some of the above are hilarious! Especially like the clipboard drawings, the pawn shop star Rick Harrison one, and the advertising one in which Sanchez is depicted taking an order at a Mexican food restaurant...LOL!!!! Thanks for the laughs!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hey, jetssuc...some of the above are hilarious! Especially like the clipboard drawings, the pawn shop star Rick Harrison one, and the advertising one in which Sanchez is depicted taking an order at a Mexican food restaurant...LOL!!!! Thanks for the laughs!

Anytime...that's my job!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rex Ryan asks fans to 'move forward'

Updated: August 5, 2013, 5:41 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan wasn't as colorful as Antonio Cromartie, who said it was "bullcrap" for fans to boo Mark Sanchez during Saturday night's scrimmage, but the New York Jets' coach wished they'd forgive and forget when it comes to the embattled quarterback.

"Our fans have a right to do anything -- I'm not going to say I'm disappointed with the fans -- but I think we need to move forward," Ryan said Monday. "The things in the past are in the past. Let's focus on what we have in front of us. We're all going to make mistakes. ... I had a bad year also last year. Hopefully, our fans are all united 100 percent."

Mark Sanchez Rich Barnes/USA TODAY SportsMark Sanchez was the target of boos during the Jets' scrimmage Saturday and Rex Ryan hopes fans will "move forward" and forget his past struggles.

Sanchez, battling rookie Geno Smith in an open competition, heard boos after throwing an interception in the controlled scrimmage. If a sleepy crowd of 6,000 in upstate New York can give him a hard time, imagine how it'll be in MetLife Stadium in the fall.

The fans, who watched Sanchez commit 26 turnovers last season, might have a hard time heeding Ryan's advice. In his last home appearance, last Dec. 2 against the Arizona Cardinals, Sanchez was booed loudly and benched after throwing three interceptions.

Sanchez is locked in a close battle with Smith, so there's a chance he could start the season opener -- which happens to be at home. Ryan was careful not to criticize the Jets' fan base, yet he seemed surprised they'd boo in a relatively meaningless scrimmage.

"We don't want our guys getting booed, especially from our fans because we all wear green and white, including the fans," Ryan said. "The game is tough enough. We need to support each other. That's probably where [Cromartie] was coming from."

Sanchez was once considered the face of the franchise -- four playoff wins in his first two years -- but he committed a league-high 52 turnovers the past two seasons, including the infamous Butt Fumble.

"We can't worry about what happened in the past," Ryan said. "It's a brand new year. There should be some excitement based on that, not looking at the negatives. I like focusing on what's in front of us, the positive.

"Of course, we'd like to have a backing from 100 percent of our fans, but our fans can do what they want. They earned that right. They purchased a ticket and they can do whatever they choose."

Actually, the scrimmage was free. Sanchez shrugged off the boos, insisting, "Shoot, I don't care. That's the way it goes."

Ryan claimed the fans' wrath for Sanchez won't factor into the quarterback decision. It will be based on "the best interest of the football team," he said. Ryan said he hasn't decided which quarterback will start the preseason opener Friday night in Detroit.

Smith was progressing nicely in training camp, but he stumbled Monday, throwing two interceptions in the red zone in a 7-on-7 drill. The Jets have emphasized cutting down on mistakes in the red zone, so Ryan wasn't pleased.

"We've talked about it forever. I've seen too many of them," said the coach, hoping Smith can benefit from the mistakes. But Ryan added, "It's not like he's going to be Nolan Ryan and pitch a shutout out there."

Smith, who has yet to throw an interception in team drills, tried to keep Monday's rough day in perspective.

"I don't see it as a setback, I see it as a learning experience," he said.

At the same time, Smith chided himself for forcing both passes, adding, "If I'm a little more cautious with the ball, we don't have those turnovers and we at least walk away with three points."

Smith's performance in the preseason games likely will determine whether he wins the job. The organization knows what Sanchez can do; the objective is to evaluate Smith.

For what it's worth, Ryan singled out only one player for praise Monday after a sloppy practice: Sanchez.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

NY Jets fans show no class by booing Mark Sanchez for camp interception Sanchez 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS MONDAY, AUGUST 5, 2013, 10:30 PM                               Print NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpiROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Rex Ryan says fans can boo who they want but Mark Sanchez is surprised he heard it from Jet faithful over a practice interception.

CORTLAND – Somewhere along the way, a segment of the Jets fan base morphed into sad, self-loathing people who, frankly, don’t deserve a Super Bowl team.

The silent majority of long-suffering fans are sensible, fully appreciative that Rex Ryan’s teams have delivered some indelible moments the past few years, and aware that 2013 will be a rebuilding season.

It’s too bad that the obnoxious minority reared its ugly head by voicing displeasure toward one of its own during an intrasquad scrimmage over the weekend. A few thousand Jets “supporters” hid behind their First Amendment rights when booing Mark Sanchez after an interception in practice.

Antonio Cromartie rightfully called it “bull crap”. . .and he wasn’t alone. It was embarrassing behavior that ran contrary to Ryan’s mission to build excitement entering 2013.

“Hey, you’re preaching to the choir,” Sanchez told the Daily News on Monday about the absurdity of booing players in practice. “You heard what Cromartie said. Cromartie was pissed. Cromartie’s like, ‘What are you talking about? You’re going to come here and boo? For what? Then don’t come.’ A lot of guys feel like that.”

Fans have been understandably frustrated with Sanchez’s penchant for turnovers in the past two seasons, but this was a pathetic display.

It was a free scrimmage. In August.

Although Ryan admitted on Monday that fans “can do whatever they want,” he underscored the need to look beyond the team’s recent mistakes with a positive eye toward the future.

RELATED: GENO TAKES RED-ZONE STRUGGLES IN STRIDE

“We want our fans behind us at all times,” Ryan said. “Obviously guys make mistakes. . .We don’t want our guys getting booed, especially from our fans because we all are in green and white, including our fans. This game’s tough enough . . . but we need to support each other.”

Sanchez, who has become an easy target for fickle fans, has always taken the high road in the face of criticism. Not long after his interception prompted boos, he fired a practice-ending 57-yard touchdown to Stephen Hill, which drew a roar from the crowd.

“I throw the interception and people wanted to kick me out of the stadium,” Sanchez said. “I come back and throw the last pass, that’s all you hear when you’re signing autographs: ‘Hell of a pass, man! What a great throw! Great job!’ ”

“It’s not like they’re like, ‘Boo! You threw an interception and you’re a real jerk,’ ” Sanchez added. “It’s not like, ‘Boo! You’re a real a--hole. You’re a bad person. Boo! You speed down the highway, run red lights and punch old ladies.’ No . . . they’re booing because I made a bad play.”

Rex Ryan wants Gang Green fans behind the team at all times.ROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Rex Ryan wants Gang Green fans behind the team at all times.

The fans who booed on Saturday don’t deserve Sanchez, who once upon a time won four road playoff games with a three-to-one touchdown-to-interception ratio. It may be time to move on if rookie Geno Smith outplays Sanchez in the preseason and earns the starting job, but some Jets fans have turned classless behavior into a science.

They wallow in self-pity, chastising ESPN’s constant airing of the “Butt Fumble,” but invoking it themselves in conversation. They sometimes treat classy people like trash, as if cheering when Chad Pennington suffered an injured ankle in the 2007 season opener will bring them a Lombardi Trophy faster.

Sanchez is a flawed quarterback who helped bring success to this middling franchise. He’s in an open competition with his teammate now. The fans should encourage both guys.

Instead, some poke fun at Sanchez’s head band or make jokes that he jumped the shark. Emboldened Twitter tough guys take their jabs, too.

RELATED: JETS INSIDER: POWELL OPENING MORE EYES

They want Smith to start. I get it.

However, the crude behavior only serves to make them the butt of jokes around the league. Apparently, they don’t know any better.

So, they continue to boo one of their own.

“What do you do?” Sanchez said in a quiet moment after practice Monday. “What should I say? I can’t sit there and pout. There’s no point. That’s not going to get me anywhere. The more time I spend worrying about that, maybe I don’t realize why I threw the interception. . . . If I’m getting booed, I’m not going to change anybody’s opinion in the 30 seconds I’m allowed to pout. . . . It’s this spiral. Why even go down that road?”

Sanchez joked that he’s gone through enough professional hardship in the past couple years to last 10 lifetimes. He’s been able to compartmentalize the ill will from fans.

“If it hurts you or bothers you or affects you on the next play, then you shouldn’t play this position,” he said. “You have enough inside of you and enough mental makeup to put yourself out there. If you can’t handle the criticism, then don’t do it.”

Sanchez has always been California cool. He may never become what some Jets fans thought he’d be, but he’s been the picture of class.

In that way, Sanchez will always differ from them.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-gang-green-fans-mark-article-1.1418423#ixzz2bCYROHIL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not sure if anyone caught this one.

"-- New York Jets running back Joe McKnight drove to New Jersey last week on an off day in training camp and was arrested for two outstanding traffic warrants after being stopped by police."