The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Jets are making the same mistakes with Geno Smith, that they made for Mark Sanchez, a/k/a "The Sanchise". Based on what I've seen of Smith, he's not the answer at QB for the Jets. Yet...the Jets and their fans "believe". But, is it really belief, or desperate hope? Geno, like Sanchez. can be propped upby a good defense and good running game. But, when they don't have those things going for them, they can't get it done.  

The early Jets draft rumors have them selecting a WR early, to add a weapon for Geno. Sorry...but I see Geno as being closer to Quincey Carter than Cam Newton: http://nypost.com/2013/12/30/why-you-should-resist-the-temptation-of-geno-smith/ 

If you are a rookie QB the last thing you want to do is to trust your developement into a mature NFL starter to Rex and the Jets organization.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Report: Jets to give Rex Ryan 1-yr extension

NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the Jets will give Rex Ryan a one-year extension through 2015.

Thus, Ryan will enter 2014 signed "only" through 2015 as a potential lame-duck coach for the second straight season. Jets GM John Idzik agreed with owner Woody Johnson that Ryan deserved to be retained following New York's 8-8 campaign, but isn't committing to him long term. Per Jones, Ryan will use the short, new deal as "motivation," believing his team will get back over the hump in 2014. The Jets will need a lot of things to break right in order for that to happen, beginning with dramatically improved quarterback and secondary play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the Jets will give Rex Ryan a one-year extension through 2015.

Thus, Ryan will enter 2014 signed "only" through 2015 as a potential lame-duck coach for the second straight season. Jets GM John Idzik agreed with owner Woody Johnson that Ryan deserved to be retained following New York's 8-8 campaign, but isn't committing to him long term. Per Jones, Ryan will use the short, new deal as "motivation," believing his team will get back over the hump in 2014. The Jets will need a lot of things to break right in order for that to happen, beginning with dramatically improved quarterback and secondary play.

If I were Rex, I'd tell Johnson and Idzik to "take this job and shove it"...become a coaching "free agent", and go to a franchise that appreciates him. Like him or hate him, Rex is a first rate coach, and motivator.

Can you imagine what Rex could do in Detroit, with the talent that team has?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Since the Jets only want to offer to keep Rex on a one year deal, my thoughts were that Rex should tell them to take their head coaching job and shove it. Apparently, I wasn't the only one thinking this way: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/31/should-rex-ryan-bet-on-himself/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

If I were Rex, I'd tell Johnson and Idzik to "take this job and shove it"...become a coaching "free agent", and go to a franchise that appreciates him. Like him or hate him, Rex is a first rate coach, and motivator.

wrong there.....great DC...motivator.......but not a first rate coach by a long shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

wrong there.....great DC...motivator.......but not a first rate coach by a long shot.

I strongly disagree. The guy has done a terrific job for that swine of a franchise, despite not having a good QB...and other gross talent deficiencies. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Rex sucks as a head coach. He has no idea how to manage or develop talent. He's proof that a good DC or OC does not always make a good head coach.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I strongly disagree. The guy has done a terrific job for that swine of a franchise, despite not having a good QB...and other gross talent deficiencies. 

he's the guy responsible for coaching up his talent....all his successes seem to be on the defensive side of the team. He's responsible for his team's production....What have you seen last two years that make him A FIRST RATE COACH?

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Rex sucks as a head coach. He has no idea how to manage or develop talent. He's proof that a good DC or OC does not always make a good head coach.

Really? What "talent" has he failed to "manage or develop"? Mark Sanchez?? Geno Smith??

failed to secure a playoff spot ...the last 3 years......why is that?

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Really? What "talent" has he failed to "manage or develop"? Mark Sanchez?? Geno Smith??

That would be 2.

failed to secure a playoff spot ...the last 3 years......why is that?

Uhhhhh...lack of talent? No QB?? No WRs??? Need I go on? Here's a great posts on the Jets that says it all:

The Jets overachieved this year but I wouldn’t bet on that happening again. This roster still isn’t very good and Geno Smith is just a time waster and not the answer at QB. They benefitted from incredibly good health at a lot of positions because this team has very poor depth in all areas, except DLine. I wouldn’t bet on that happening again.

That would be 2.

Are you really going to take the position that Geno and "The Sanchise" had NFL starting QB talent?  

1.) The Jets have declined in total defense every year under Ryan: 1st in 2009, 3rd in 2010, 5th in 2011, 8th in 2012, and finally 12th in 2013. (maybe he isn't a good DC)

2.) Ryan has failed to prove himself capable of developing an offense and, as the 2011-2013 Jets validate, offense wins games. The defense can be absolutely dominant but if the offense doesn’t put up points, it doesn't matter.

3.) The Jets have had moderate success but have nothing to show for it. They have not consistently improved. In fact, they have gotten worse. Ryan has been giving many chances but, for whatever reason, has failed to field a winner in three seasons. There is something to be said for continuity but if your head coach isn’t winning you games, it is time for a change.

That would be 2.

Are you really going to take the position that Geno and "The Sanchise" had NFL starting QB talent?  

Photo of Mark Sanchez Mark Sanchez ( QB) Height: 6'2" Weight: 227 College: USC Conference: Pac-12 Hometown: Mission Viejo, CA High School: Mission Viejo Featured Prospects Choose Quarterbacks Bomar, Rhett Freeman, Josh Sanchez, Mark Stafford, Matthew White, Pat Selected by: New York Jets
    Round: 1
    Pick (Overall): 5 (5)
    Discuss Pick Analysis: In an aggressive move, the Jets pick up their quarterback of the future in Sanchez. Although the former Trojan only recorded 16 starts in college , he is regarded as the quarterback prospect with the biggest upside due to his superior arm strength, accuracy and leadership skills. With extensive experience in the West Coast offense, Sanchez is in line to be the Jets' starting QB  

and  

Geno Smith NFL Rookie Report: Jets' QB lives up to pre-draft hype Published Wednesday, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:01 pm EDT Eric Galko Sporting News   Tweet   Text size A A A

Leading up to the 2013 NFL Draft, most analysts and NFL teams were excited by the talent West Virginia's Geno Smith  displayed throughout his college career. Smith showed the ball placement, confidence and athleticism to step in early in his career and have success.

enuff said

1.) The Jets have declined in total defense every year under Ryan: 1st in 2009, 3rd in 2010, 5th in 2011, 8th in 2012, and finally 12th in 2013. (maybe he isn't a good DC)

RESPONSE: Whose fault is that...Rex's, or the Jet's GM?

2.) Ryan has failed to prove himself capable of developing an offense and, as the 2011-2013 Jets validate, offense wins games. The defense can be absolutely dominant but if the offense doesn’t put up points, it doesn't matter.

RESPONSE: Even BB couldn't develop an offense without an NFL caliber QB, and no talented skill position players. Again, is that Rex's fault, or the fault of the GM? Wasn't Jets' GM Mike Tannenbaum fired? 

3.) The Jets have had moderate success but have nothing to show for it. They have not consistently improved. In fact, they have gotten worse. Ryan has been giving many chances but, for whatever reason, has failed to field a winner in three seasons. There is something to be said for continuity but if your head coach isn’t winning you games, it is time for a change.

RESPONSE: You could bring in Vince Lombardi and it wouldn't matter, the way this team has drafted in the past, and the way that this franchise has been run. When Rex first took over, the Jets got a lot of mileage from older, free agent veterans. But, once those guys petered out, there was no one to replace them. That said, they have drafted better lately...but still lack a QB.

• This post has been removed.

RESPONSE: Whose fault is that...Rex's, or the Jet's GM?

RESPONSE: Even BB couldn't develop an offense without an NFL caliber QB, and no talented skill position players. Again, is that Rex's fault, or the fault of the GM? Wasn't Jets' GM Mike Tannenbaum fired? 

RESPONSE: You could bring in Vince Lombardi and it wouldn't matter, the way this team has drafted in the past, and the way that this franchise has been run. When Rex first took over, the Jets got a lot of mileage from older, free agent veterans. But, once those guys petered out, there was no one to replace them. That said, they have drafted better lately...but still lack a QB.

Were those QB's drafted as talented . Yes or No.

Texas Pat.....I have to question your support for the NY Jets at this point.

You are blaming Mike Tannenbaum for all of Rexy's failures???? Seriously?

RESPONSE: I have no idea what your question here to me is. If it is...were Sanchez, drafted 5th overall, and Geno, drafted 39th overall, franchise QBs? NO!!!

RESPONSE: Rex has limited talent, yet his players run through walls for him. Does my saying this make me a Jets fan?? What about my anti-Geno comments? Does that make me a Jets hater?? You be the judge.  

RESPONSE: Yes...seriously. A coach can only do so much. He has to have some talent to ork with. BB does wonders with fringe guys. But, at the hub of his team, he has the greatest QB of all time. What does Rexy have to work with?

RESPONSE: I have no idea what your question here to me is. If it is...were Sanchez, drafted 5th overall, and Geno, drafted 39th overall, franchise QBs? NO!!!

RESPONSE: Rex has limited talent, yet his players run through walls for him. Does my saying this make me a Jets fan?? What about my anti-Geno comments? Does that make me a Jets hater?? You be the judge.  

RESPONSE: Yes...seriously. A coach can only do so much. He has to have some talent to ork with. BB does wonders with fringe guys. But, at the hub of his team, he has the greatest QB of all time. What does Rexy have to work with?

Good motivator..........not first rate coach........

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

This was posted briefly in the ESPNBoston.com Patriots section by accident. LOL

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/34175/power-rankings-no-19-new-york-jets

• You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

yes he'd lead them to an 8 and 8 record

The Jets were outscored for the season, 387-290...yet still finished 8-8. Does this sound like a team that's closer to winning 10 games next season...or 6?? LOL!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts