The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jints...your G-men have lots of holes to fill. They should concentrate on their OL and DL, if they intend to make another run. They also badly need a couple of good young RBs to establish some sort of ground game, and take some of the pressure off of Eli.

[/QUOTE]

agree on all counts TP but I don't think they far off...with players coming back from injuries and the draft I think they will address those needs...and they know as an organization they have underachieved the past two years so I think they know what's what coming into this season

RESPONSE: Winning their division is one thing. But, being a legitimate SB contender is something else. I don't see the Giants as being too far off in winning the NFC East.  But...they have a long way to go to be ready to battle with the Seattles of the league.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Jints...your G-men have lots of holes to fill. They should concentrate on their OL and DL, if they intend to make another run. They also badly need a couple of good young RBs to establish some sort of ground game, and take some of the pressure off of Eli.

[/QUOTE]

agree on all counts TP but I don't think they far off...with players coming back from injuries and the draft I think they will address those needs...and they know as an organization they have underachieved the past two years so I think they know what's what coming into this season

RESPONSE: Winning their division is one thing. But, being a legitimate SB contender is something else. I don't see the Giants as being too far off in winning the NFC East.  But...they have a long way to go to be ready to battle with the Seattles of the league.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chip Kelly is going to own them. Best possible is a wildcard but 6 wins won't get that done.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chip Kelly is going to own them. Best possible is a wildcard but 6 wins won't get that done.  

[/QUOTE]

Keep going Phillip! You will hit China soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well the NFC is loaded no doubt and I am not sure who is going to compete with Seattle if they can keep it together and stay hungry, especially in that stadium...then again you gotta be in it to win it and once the playoffs start...

I will take a playoff birth and go from there...they were 7-3 in their last 10 and left 2 more wins on the field..they also didn't show up most of the first 6 weeks, plus the number of players out and plain bad luck didn't help...to me I trust Reese and Coughlin and hope the vets and the organization as a whole realize they have lert down their fans the past two seasons and that underachievement will spur them on...you still have vets with a ring or two and i hope they can get it done much more effectively this season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is the board cop really talking about digging holes after starting multiple threads telling us how the Giants were going to win 10 games and the NFC East last season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is the board cop really talking about digging holes after starting multiple threads telling us how the Giants were going to win 10 games and the NFC East last season?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Fourty tool the world traveler is talking about something he knows nothing about ... Again. but he is going to fire island this summer if he cuts dads grass and rakes the leaves.. Snow is too hard to shovel 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I will take a playoff birth and go from there"

Sure you would. So would Tom Coughlin who is going to lose his job if the Giants don't make it back into the playoffs this year. 

Just a heads up though, it's not as easy to make an improbable playoff run as Jints fans have been spoiled into believing. 

As for the Jets I think they will be pretty good this year. I have them at 9-7 and narrowly missing the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well the NFC is loaded no doubt and I am not sure who is going to compete with Seattle if they can keep it together and stay hungry, especially in that stadium...then again you gotta be in it to win it and once the playoffs start...

I will take a playoff birth and go from there...they were 7-3 in their last 10 and left 2 more wins on the field..they also didn't show up most of the first 6 weeks, plus the number of players out and plain bad luck didn't help...to me I trust Reese and Coughlin and hope the vets and the organization as a whole realize they have lert down their fans the past two seasons and that underachievement will spur them on...you still have vets with a ring or two and i hope they can get it done much more effectively this season

[/QUOTE]

Will JJP ever again be the player he was in 2011? Does Justin Tuck have anything left in the tank? Both are huge question marks in 2014.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jints...here's a seemingly intelligent post from one of your fellow Giants' fans as to what Jerry Reese should do in the upcoming draft:

This is JR’s chance to pull a 2007 draft out of his hat, because as Mayock said, this is the deepest draft in 10 years. He has a broken offensive line, and fortunately for him this draft class of offensive linemen is incredible. There are starters to be had in the 4th round, without reaching or taking a flyer on a QB in the 4th. This isn’t the time for that JR.

Trade down that 12th for a later 1st round and pick up another in the 2nd and/or 3rd, then grab the very best interior linemen, none of whom is worth the 12th pick. Guard David Yankey at the end of the 1st, then Guard Xavier Su’a-Filo in the 2nd and Center Weston Richburg in the 2nd or 3rd. Bang. Done.

Top draft board interior linemen who will start on day one, and just as importantly, their COMBINED 2014 CAP hit will be about $5M APY. Add Justin Pugh’s $1.8M 2014 CAP hit, and the Giants are shelling out about $7M for FOUR starting linemen, each of whom has every potential for being pro bowl caliber players (I’d like to watch the pro bowl and see 4 NY helmets on the line). Or, go get ONE free agent Guard and pay that same $7M in CAP APY. Baas is hitting the 2014 CAP at $8M. Center Alex Mack would demand $9M.

Available CAP room isn’t the entire issue, but instead what all that cost-avoidance can be applied to… like a top FA Corner opposite Prince, and a top FA WR to replace Nicks, and a top FA TE to replace Myers, and a top FA RB like MJD as is suggested above. Do all that, and the offense is ready to go in 2014. Those rookie linemen will play as well as Pugh played, and that’s good enough for Eli to get it done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Jets suck and so do the Gints....they are undermanned and falling apart, too many key pieces getting old and hurt....their "world class" GM has really stumbled badly the last 2 or 3 years....and Eli's window is starting to close...LOL...sounds like the Pats but without the talent...BWAHAHAHAHA!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Fourty tool the world traveler is talking about something he knows nothing about ... Again. but he is going to fire island this summer if he cuts dads grass and rakes the leaves.. Snow is too hard to shovel 

[/QUOTE]

GO PHIL GO! MADAGASCAR IS IN SIGHT!

NEVER BEEN TO FIRE ISLAND NOR THE STATUE OF LIBERTY BUT BEEN TO ITALY AND SPAIN (AND CANCUN ONE SPRING BREAK) AND THE GRAND CANYON...GO FIGURE HUH PHIL?

SURE I SHOVEL SNOW-MY PARENTS AND MY LANDLORD CAUSE I AM THAT KIND OF GUY!

LOOK! UP AHEAD OF THAT CAMEL! IT'S LAOS!

GO PHIL GO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well look at it this way P: i didn't predict SB Championships before 07 or 11 either so it's not bad to be wrong sometimes-i'll take it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I will take a playoff birth and go from there"

Sure you would. So would Tom Coughlin who is going to lose his job if the Giants don't make it back into the playoffs this year. 

Just a heads up though, it's not as easy to make an improbable playoff run as Jints fans have been spoiled into believing. 

As for the Jets I think they will be pretty good this year. I have them at 9-7 and narrowly missing the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk STILL bitter?!

let it go BST! it's bad for ur health-stress is bad news!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well look at it this way P: i didn't predict SB Championships before 07 or 11 either so it's not bad to be wrong sometimes-i'll take it!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I heard that about you...that you take it allll...

:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will JJP ever again be the player he was in 2011? Does Justin Tuck have anything left in the tank? Both are huge question marks in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

JPP is the biggie...we have seen what he can do but last two seasons injuries and in my mind a bit of complacency slowed him down...still only 25 and big as hell and if he is healthey and hungry watch out!

Tuck one of the all-time True Blue and a Golden Domer to boot-great guy on and off the field. That said age and injuries have slowed him considerably and he is no longer a dominant force against the pass or run. Whatever we get from him is a plus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jints...here's a seemingly intelligent post from one of your fellow Giants' fans as to what Jerry Reese should do in the upcoming draft:

This is JR’s chance to pull a 2007 draft out of his hat, because as Mayock said, this is the deepest draft in 10 years. He has a broken offensive line, and fortunately for him this draft class of offensive linemen is incredible. There are starters to be had in the 4th round, without reaching or taking a flyer on a QB in the 4th. This isn’t the time for that JR.

Trade down that 12th for a later 1st round and pick up another in the 2nd and/or 3rd, then grab the very best interior linemen, none of whom is worth the 12th pick. Guard David Yankey at the end of the 1st, then Guard Xavier Su’a-Filo in the 2nd and Center Weston Richburg in the 2nd or 3rd. Bang. Done.

Top draft board interior linemen who will start on day one, and just as importantly, their COMBINED 2014 CAP hit will be about $5M APY. Add Justin Pugh’s $1.8M 2014 CAP hit, and the Giants are shelling out about $7M for FOUR starting linemen, each of whom has every potential for being pro bowl caliber players (I’d like to watch the pro bowl and see 4 NY helmets on the line). Or, go get ONE free agent Guard and pay that same $7M in CAP APY. Baas is hitting the 2014 CAP at $8M. Center Alex Mack would demand $9M.

Available CAP room isn’t the entire issue, but instead what all that cost-avoidance can be applied to… like a top FA Corner opposite Prince, and a top FA WR to replace Nicks, and a top FA TE to replace Myers, and a top FA RB like MJD as is suggested above. Do all that, and the offense is ready to go in 2014. Those rookie linemen will play as well as Pugh played, and that’s good enough for Eli to get it done.

[/QUOTE]

who posted this? he is really up on his stuff and it makes sense all around

still it's a lot off manuevering and if you move back you gotta hope the players u want will still be around-i think they will go OL/DL/RB then a backliner...they are deep if all breaks right and they have a good mix of experience and youth...gonna be vey interested in this draft moreso than any one in the past few years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who posted this? he is really up on his stuff and it makes sense all around

still it's a lot off manuevering and if you move back you gotta hope the players u want will still be around-i think they will go OL/DL/RB then a backliner...they are deep if all breaks right and they have a good mix of experience and youth...gonna be vey interested in this draft moreso than any one in the past few years

[/QUOTE]

Right now, it's all about speculation. But, when speculations are based on logic and knowledge, they can be thought proking, and make interesting reading. For me, it's too early to get involved in who will draft what particular player, and where they will likely go in the draft.

My draft philosophy is this: There are four major needs that need to be addressed. Call me old fashioned, but, I'm a believer that games are ultimately won or lost in the trenches. So...I would look to build up the OL and DL. In addition, a team needs a quality QB, and an intimidator in the middle of the field, either at MLB or SS.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NEVER BEEN TO FIRE ISLAND NOR THE STATUE OF LIBERTY BUT BEEN TO ITALY AND SPAIN (AND CANCUN ONE SPRING BREAK) AND THE GRAND CANYON...GO FIGURE HUH PHIL?

GO PHIL GO!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fourty Tool. You've been to the Far East didnt you say dad took you to montauk?  you must go to fire island. Wasn't it you that said ( and yes it was ) you have to hide who u really are everyday of ur life? To act like u don't feel the way you do, even act the opposite to fit in? To lie in bed every nite knowing your living a lie.   Yea you said that.  And Laos just has thousands of camels. Your just so versed in everything. Big snow storm coming up better get your mittens ready, nice of mom to knit those for you. Tough riding the board cop scooter in the snow I bet.  Ringggg ringgggg.  Pull over buddy.  Tool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GO PHIL GO!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fourty Tool. You've been to the Far East didnt you say dad took you to montauk?  you must go to fire island. Wasn't it you that said ( and yes it was ) you have to hide who u really are everyday of ur life? To act like u don't feel the way you do, even act the opposite to fit in? To lie in bed every nite knowing your living a lie.   Yea you said that.  And Laos just has thousands of camels. Your just so versed in everything. Big snow storm coming up better get your mittens ready, nice of mom to knit those for you. Tough riding the board cop scooter in the snow I bet.  Ringggg ringgggg.  Pull over buddy.  Tool

[/QUOTE]

of course there aren't camels in Laos Phillip! That's the idea if u have any sense of humor...btw Phillip I live everyday as who I am and lying is a sin after all so I try to never engage in such...FI? Nope never but hopefully this Summer! Will even send u a pic or two how about that? I am nothing if not thoughtful

btw u keep saying I speak of things I know nothing about but never tell me exactly what these things may be...we all know I am an expert on sports music and politics as demonstrated here many times so obviously u don't mean these things...whatever can u be speaking of? 

btw I am sure u can take the camel ur riding in Saudi Arabia and ride it to Laos-just ask or pay the herder a few bucks (Arabian if course).

GO PHIL GO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

A sin! Oh my god and your the guy that said that watch out for the southern ers cause they love Jesus !  Your an expert on raking leaves, shoveling snow and shoveling bs. That was an expert prediction about the 10 wins eh? And you don't have a clue about politics. I bet you have your hand out for free stuff that the hard workers like me provide for you with my tax money. Your a phoney. Board cop.   Ringgggg ringggggg pull over   Not working today or just waking up?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

A sin! Oh my god and your the guy that said that watch out for the southern ers cause they love Jesus !  Your an expert on raking leaves, shoveling snow and shoveling bs. That was an expert prediction about the 10 wins eh? And you don't have a clue about politics. I bet you have your hand out for free stuff that the hard workers like me provide for you with my tax money. Your a phoney. Board cop.   Ringgggg ringggggg pull over   Not working today or just waking up?

u are not only way off base in just about everything here but as to ur bs about hard workers, etc...u can stick that righty

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Can anyone tell me why an idiot like Bart Scott was hired as a panelist on the NFL Today?? Listening to him will make me yearn for the good old days with Shannon Sharpe.

bart-scott-new-york-jets-0910.jpg.JPG

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Can anyone tell me why an idiot like Bart Scott was hired as a panelist on the NFL Today?? Listening to him will make me yearn for the good old days with Shannon Sharpe.

No one deserves that kind of insult Tex.  Not even Bart.  LMAO!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Seriously, who is making this hiring decisions for sportcasters/analysists...Matt Millen?

First, the NFL Network hires whiner and known Patriot hater LaDainian Tomlinson...whose as dumb as a fence post. Next, they go one better by hiring known 'roidsman and girlfriend beater Shawne Merrimen:   http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1555069-what-in-the-world-happened-to-shawne-merriman#articles/1555069-what-in-the-world-happened-to-shawne-merriman, and http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450962 

And now, Scott!

Unbelievable that these three losers were able to find work in the media. You can't tell me that the NFL doesn't have better, smarter, more articulate people to hire then these.

Compare and contrast these three stooges with Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, and Heath Evans. Who knows...maybe the goal of the media is to flood these shows with Patriots haters.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Seriously, who is making this hiring decisions for sportcasters/analysists...Matt Millen?

First, the NFL Network hires whiner and known Patriot hater LaDainian Tomlinson...whose as dumb as a fence post. Next, they go one better by hiring known 'roidsman and girlfriend beater Shawne Merrimen:   http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1555069-what-in-the-world-happened-to-shawne-merriman#articles/1555069-what-in-the-world-happened-to-shawne-merriman, and http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450962 

And now, Scott!

Unbelievable that these three losers were able to find work in the media. You can't tell me that the NFL doesn't have better, smarter, more articulate people to hire then these.

Compare and contrast these three stooges with Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, and Heath Evans. Who knows...maybe the goal of the media is to flood these shows with Patriots haters.  

[/QUOTE]

LT isn't dumb that's not fair...i think he comes across well enough and isn't trying to be "cool" like the yahoos they hire at BSPN

it seems you dislike all these guys more because you think they are "anti-Pats" than they are not good at what they do...sounds like u are talking a little Rusty-like conspiracy against the Patriots here which is silly...i mean if u dislike all these other guys-Sharpe included who I also didn't think was that bad and I don't like him-and you think the three ex-Pats are good than what does that say?