The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL!

"Milliner got beat more times in training camp this year than Patterson. That's fact.

Milliner got beat early on practice Sunday. And he gave up a pass on the play he was injured (he injured he came down after failing to block the ball)

Milliner played better in the preseason game than Patterson. But overall Milliner hasn't had an outstanding camp. This is total over-reaction."

[/QUOTE]

How many times did each get beat, Queenie? Surely you have some sort of facts to back up your stupidity?   Bwahahhahahahhaha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

This enduring thread was started on my 50th birthday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha Awesome!!

Happy Birthday Digger!! Hope you have a great one!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hahaha Awesome!!

Happy Birthday Digger!! Hope you have a great one!!

Thanks man! I am!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: AMARO

I watched several Texas Tech games last year and Amaro stood out as a reliable pass catcher with good hands HOWEVER he reminded me more of a large slot receiver than a true TE. He showed little to no blocking ability or toughness.

I think it is normal he is overwhelmed by the playbook but his know it all attitude is disconcerting. I understand why teams stayed away from him despite his numbers; teams don't normally take a slot guy with a 2nd round pick and his toughness is yet to be proven in the NFL where he will have to deal with LB's his size.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re: AMARO

I watched several Texas Tech games last year and Amaro stood out as a reliable pass catcher with good hands HOWEVER he reminded me more of a large slot receiver than a true TE. He showed little to no blocking ability or toughness.

I think it is normal he is overwhelmed by the playbook but his know it all attitude is disconcerting. I understand why teams stayed away from him despite his numbers; teams don't normally take a slot guy with a 2nd round pick and his toughness is yet to be proven in the NFL where he will have to deal with LB's his size.

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you like the guy.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/jets-should-give-rookie-jace-amaro-a-serving-of-tough-love/

CORTLAND — It’s not too soon for the Jets to tell Jace Amaro to get his act together.

While the big tight end is a rookie and it’s only the middle of August, Amaro is too important to their hopes this season for the Jets to let him keep practicing and playing in what too often seems like a disinterested fog.

The Jets thought they were getting the 6-foot-5, 265-pound matchup nightmare who set an NCAA record for tight ends last year with 106 catches for 1,352 yards.

What they’ve gotten so far instead is a guy with unreliable hands who comes off as both passive and overwhelmed by the transition from the Big 12 to the NFL.

The Jets were hoping for their own version of Rob Gronkowski, but that seems like a pipe dream if Amaro keeps up this aimless pace.

Rex Ryan tried to send the message nicely last weekend after a couple of halfhearted displays in the preseason opener, saying Amaro should go watch old tapes of Mike Ditka to see what a tight end can do when you marry desire with Amaro’s skill set.

But Amaro brashly dismissed Ryan’s suggestion Monday, telling The Post “I’m not going back 30 years to see how Ditka played” because Amaro’s ultimate goal is to be imitated and not do any imitating himself.

Bad move.

As well as being a poor student of NFL history (Ditka’s Hall of Fame playing career with the Bears, Eagles and Cowboys ended in 1972), Amaro showed poor form in brushing off his well-meaning coach.

And where is that attitude on the field?

Amaro was kicked out of Texas Tech’s bowl game two years ago for throwing a punch, but he hasn’t shown much fight in practice or in the first preseason game when the ball is in the air or he’s expected to block someone.

Amaro’s poor blocking — incongruous to his huge frame — was no secret. It’s the main reason the Jets were able to get him in the second round and why two other tight ends, Eric Ebron and Austin Seferian-Jenkins, were taken ahead of him in the draft despite Amaro’s record numbers.

The Jets were willing to accept Amaro’s blocking deficiencies because he can line up all over the field and they had visions of him posting Gronkowski-like receiving numbers in an offense that has lacked weapons for far too long.

Amaro could still do all that, obviously, but the early returns are disconcerting.

It became even more worrisome Tuesday when the incumbent tight end, Jeff Cumberland, left practice with what the Jets later said was tightness in his Achilles tendon. Not what the Jets wanted to hear about a player who recently tore his other Achilles.

If Cumberland is out for any significant length of time, tight end could be an even bigger black hole than it was last season and for what seems like forever with the Jets unless Amaro gets his head on straight.

The trio of Cumberland, Kellen Winslow Jr. and Zach Sudfield combined for 62 catches for 849 yards and six touchdowns last year. Three tight ends around the league had more catches than that by themselves in 2013, while five tight ends singularly posted more yards.

So it’s not as if Amaro has a high bar to climb, and the 138 catches he had in just 2 ¹/₂ college seasons shows he has the talent to be the reliable outlet Geno Smith desperately needs.

Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg indicated Tuesday Amaro’s biggest problem has been learning the playbook, saying “smoke was coming out of [his] ears and eyeballs” early in camp.

That’s positive, because familiarity comes with time and Amaro is considered a sharp guy.

But the Jets’ public soft pedal with Amaro should stop. It’s not too early for some tough love.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yet more comic relief from the driver of the clown car, Rex Ryan, as he, once again, boasts that his Goblins will be a top 5 NFL defense. Here's an excerpt from a NY Post article:

Gang Green slipped to 11th in the league in total defense last season after finishing in the top eight in each of Ryan’s first four seasons as coach — including a No. 1 overall ranking in 2009. 

“I don’t think it’ll be [down] there this [season near No. 11],” Ryan said. “I think we’ll get back to where we are accustomed to being. 

That’s at least in the top five. But again, our goal is to be set higher than that. Top five, that’s to be expected. That’s what I know. 

Ryan appears to exempt defensive rankings from his recent list of no-no predictions. Wednesday marked the third consecutive year he has made the top-five prediction, even though the Jets came up short on the first two. 

Ryan went to the top five well again, even though his defense has been battered by injuries in the preseason.

Three of the Jets’ top cornerbacks — Dee Milliner, Dimitri Patterson and Dexter McDougle — are either sidelined indefinitely or out for the season, leaving the Jets in such a pinch safety Antonio Allen will start at cornerback this week against the Bengals.

Ryan was undeterred by the injuries and their impact on his latest boast...

You can't make this stuff up folks! LOL!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yet more comic relief from the driver of the clown car, Rex Ryan, as he, once again, boasts that his Goblins will be a top 5 NFL defense. Here's an excerpt from a NY Post article:

Gang Green slipped to 11th in the league in total defense last season after finishing in the top eight in each of Ryan’s first four seasons as coach — including a No. 1 overall ranking in 2009. 

“I don’t think it’ll be [down] there this [season near No. 11],” Ryan said. “I think we’ll get back to where we are accustomed to being. 

That’s at least in the top five. But again, our goal is to be set higher than that. Top five, that’s to be expected. That’s what I know. 

Ryan appears to exempt defensive rankings from his recent list of no-no predictions. Wednesday marked the third consecutive year he has made the top-five prediction, even though the Jets came up short on the first two. 

Ryan went to the top five well again, even though his defense has been battered by injuries in the preseason.

Three of the Jets’ top cornerbacks — Dee Milliner, Dimitri Patterson and Dexter McDougle — are either sidelined indefinitely or out for the season, leaving the Jets in such a pinch safety Antonio Allen will start at cornerback this week against the Bengals.

[/QUOTE]

Imagine that.  The Youngest defense in the NFL with a half a dozen new starters including a few rookies slipping all the way to 11th... that is awful.  Well, it's unlikely all those guys are going to improve. Just curious, anyone around to fill in for fat Vince and rental Kelly this year or will it be excuses all over again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ha ha ha

@AdamSchefter: Jets tried to coax Fireman Ed out of retirement (but not to play CB):

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-woo-fireman-ed-retirement-lunch-meeting-report-article-1.1904378

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Ha ha ha

@AdamSchefter: Jets tried to coax Fireman Ed out of retirement (but not to play CB): 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-woo-fireman-ed-retirement-lunch-meeting-report-article-1.1904378" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-woo-fireman-ed-retirement-lunch-meeting-report-article-1.1904378

[/QUOTE]

Was just about to text on this topic, Rock, when I saw your post. The Jets get more and more pathetic every day!

LOL!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

As has seemingly become my wont, and a labor of laughs for me, I'll leave you, my friends, with words of wisdom regarding those lovable Green Gotham Goblins:

1.) Regardless of what Rex Ryan may say, the Jets CB situation has to be a major concern. If you don't believe me, here's an excerpt from a NY Post article today:

"The CB situation is bad, like real bad. It has been clear since March the Jets would have issues after letting Antonio Cromartie goand failing to replace him with a big-name corner. But seeing this group on the field every day has made me think it might be even worse than anyone thought. Even before Dimitri Patterson, Dee Milliner, and Dexter McDougle went down to injuries, this group was suspect. McDougle is done for the season, but Patterson and Milliner are expected back before the regular season starts. Even so, Patterson is on his 7th team in 10 years and you can see why. He has his moments, but he's not a starting CB. Plus, the knock on him when the Jets signed him was that he could not stay healthy. He is currently dealing with three injuries to one leg.

Before suffering his high ankle sprain, Milliner showed some signs of improvement. I still don't think he's a #1 CB, though. He got beat in practice enough times to make you think he was going to have another inconsistent season.

The depth at the position is laughable. It's so bad that they had to move safety Antonio Allen to CB, when the recent injuries occurred. Allen was a LB in college, who has shown that he can cover TEs, during his first two seasons. Now, they're asking him to cover WRs. Publicly, the Jets are saying that they're not worried about the CB situation. But...trust me...they are." 

2.) The 2014 Goblin draft class has been disappointing. Initially, I thought that SS Calvin Prior was a good selection. But, him suffering a concussion so early in relatively light contact training camp was a red flag. One must wonder whether susceptibility to repeated concussions will stunt his career?

I didn't like TE Jace Amaro as a prospect. His relatively poor showing at The Combine and in post college season all-star games led me to believe him to be a soft primadonna. His negative reaction to Rex Ryan's criticism that he should study tapes of Mike Ditka and try to mimic his play, has somewhat confirmed my suspicions.

Third rounder, CB Dexter McDougle, discussed above, tore his ACL, and is done for the season. Fourth round WR Shaq Evans is lost lost for the season due to injury. The remaining draft choices appear to be fringe talent. What?? Don't believe me? There's this, from the same NY Post article mentioned above:  

"It’s way too soon to panic on this one, but the rookie draft class has been unimpressive. First-round safety Calvin Pryor has missed time with a concussion, so he is tough to evaluate. Wide receiver Shaq Evans and McDougle both suffered major injuries and are expected to miss the season. Tight end Jace Amaro has dropped passes as if it were a job requirement.None of the rookies have had any impact. Wide receiver Quincy Enunwa has had a few nice days recently and teammates have praised outside linebacker IK Enemkpali. Outside of those two, it’s hard to find many nice things to say about this group." 

LOL!!! Goodnight, my friends!!!

http://nypost.com/2014/08/14/jets-have-plenty-of-questions-to-answer-before-the-season-starts/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

More bad news regarding the Jets 2014 draft class, as 4th round pick, WR Jalen Saunders, reportedly suffered a "medical incident", while driving...and has been hospitalized:

CINCINNATI -- Rookie receiver Jalen Saunders, who was involved in what the Jets called "a single-car accident" Friday morning, had what police described as a "medical incident" that is not believed to have involved a crash.

A league source said Saunders is "fine."

The Jets would only say that Saunders, 21, was on his way to the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park on Friday morning, and that he “is being monitored as a precaution” at a hospital back in New Jersey.

But Sgt. Scott Bartel of the Florham Park Police Department told NJ.com that Saunders had a "medical incident" inside his vehicle. Asked whether Saunders was involved in an accident, Bartel replied, "I don't believe so."

If the police have it right...why are the Jets insisting on tabbing this incident as a "single car accident"?? Again folks...you just can't make this stuff up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

happy birthday dig

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

For you Goblin fans who are all jazzed up over the Jets 25-17 "win" over the Cincinnati Bengals...know this...the Jets' starters were awful against the Bengals' first team, in the first quarter. The Jets' "D" made Andy Dalton look like Peyton Manning on steroids, as Dalton led the Bengals to a quick 17-3 lead. The Goblin suspect secondary was apparently the main problem. Here's more on the Jets' "win", from the NY Post:

Don’t be fooled by the final score — a 25-17 Jets win.

The Jets starters looked shaky against the Bengals first-team in Saturday’s preseason game, especially the secondary. Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton had his way, completing all eight passes he threw for 144 yards and a long touchdown.

The final score was not as bad as the 49-9 beatdown the Bengals put on the Jets last October, but it might have been if Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis hadn’t pulled his starters early in the second quarter. The first quarter felt like the fifth quarter of last year’s game. The Bengals led 17-3 when the starters exited the game.

But don’t tell Jets coach Rex Ryan he has problems in the secondary. The coach was defiant after the game, saying the media was overblowing the team’s issues at the position.

“I’m fired up because I know we’re a lot better than what we’re given credit for,” Ryan said. “This is a victory. We’ll take it. That’s a good football team. Hey, I recognize we’ve got some work to do. There’s no question.”

LOL!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Imagine that.  The Youngest defense in the NFL with a half a dozen new starters including a few rookies slipping all the way to 11th... that is awful.  Well, it's unlikely all those guys are going to improve. Just curious, anyone around to fill in for fat Vince and rental Kelly this year or will it be excuses all over again.

[/QUOTE]

Here in New England if there are any excuses it is to explain how we lost a SB in the waning minutes (magic helmet, injury, Wes drops a tough catch) or an AFC championship game (injury like Gronk or Talib, etc).

Jets excuses are why they win only 6 games instead of the expected 8 or 9.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here in New England if there are any excuses it is to explain how we lost a SB in the waning minutes (magic helmet, injury, Wes drops a tough catch) or an AFC championship game (injury like Gronk or Talib, etc).

Jets excuses are why they win only 6 games instead of the expected 8 or 9.

[/QUOTE]

Or last year where you made excuses as to why they won 8 instead of 4, including laying 30 on that patsie D.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Hey Queenie, isn't his th e guy you have already labeled as a bust just as you did ROTY Richardson in 2013?

In his much-anticipated NFL debut, New York Jets safety Calvin Pryor lived up to the hype, making a handful of big plays in the 25-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals Saturday night at Paul Brown Stadium.

Pryor was credited with two pass break-ups, one tackle-for-loss and one fumble recovery. What didn't show up in the stat sheet were two jarring hits -- one on wide receiver Cobi Hamilton, the other on running back Rex Burkhead. Neither player returned to the game.

The Jets' No. 1 pick, who missed the preseason opener because of a concussion, came to prove a point.

"A lot of guys, they were questioning me because of the concussion thing," he said, referring to the media. "They felt I wasn't going to be aggressive when I came back, but that's the way I play football. I'm an aggressive player. I try to play lights-out and I try to put fear into my opponent. Tonight, that was only Step 1."

The former Louisville standout, drafted 18th overall, didn't play the first quarter, but he joined the starters in the second quarter. On his third play, he blitzed with linebacker Demario Davis, pouncing on Andy Dalton's fumble after the Davis strip sack. That set up the Jets' first touchdown.

A short time later, Pryor showed some pass-coverage ability, closing quickly from a Cover 2 look to blast Hamilton on an "out" route. It was ruled incomplete.

"I thought it should've been a forced fumble," he said.

Obviously, Pryor deserves to see more time with the starters. Look for that to happen next week against the New York Giants. Rex Ryan was impressed.

"He forced two fumbles and knocked some dudes out," he said. "I gues we were right on that [pick]."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^Preseason. 1st rd pick.

LMAO

Bust in the making along with Milliner. Enjoy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

^Preseason. 1st rd pick.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, BITM.   Just like Sheldon.... oh wait, you said he was a bust, not a BITM.  How Easly working out?  And by how is he working out, I mean has he been cleared to even work out?  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

^Preseason. 1st rd pick.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Just following up on your comments on Quinton Coples being benched last night against the Bengals. Back in May, one of the very few former Jets' greats, Joe Klecko, had this to say about the young man:

"A little bit of the time he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane," former Jets great Joe Klecko said on WFAN Friday.

"I don’t know him at all, but understanding attitude and body language, he sometimes comes out there I think and thinks ‘Don’t you know who I am? I’m here,’" Klecko said. "He has to start proving that he is something to be reckoned with."

LOL!!!!

'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

LOL!

Jets fans coming to the realization that their D Line sucks at getting pressures and that their secondary will blow again.

Just some comical reading in here:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-secondary-is-entering-a-world-of-pain-a-world-of-pain.81446/page-4" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-secondary-is-entering-a-world-of-pain-a-world-of-pain.81446/page-4

One of the prized comments:

"Wilson is a first round pick. How come he can't be relied on as a starter? I mean a good starter.

But ftr we knew long ago that Wilson can't play outside. Leave him as the nickel and look elsewhere for the outside coverage."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!

Jets fans coming to the realization that their D Line sucks at getting pressures and that their secondary will blow again.

Just some comical reading in here:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-secondary-is-entering-a-world-of-pain-a-world-of-pain.81446/page-4" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-secondary-is-entering-a-world-of-pain-a-world-of-pain.81446/page-4" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-secondary-is-entering-a-world-of-pain-a-world-of-pain.81446/page-4

One of the prized comments:

"Wilson is a first round pick. How come he can't be relied on as a starter? I mean a good starter.

But ftr we knew long ago that Wilson can't play outside. Leave him as the nickel and look elsewhere for the outside coverage."

[/QUOTE]

Bwhahaahahhahahahaha!  Queenie not only trolling the Jet forums but copying his own posts and bringing them back here.  A new level of pathetic. Congrats Queenie!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

LOL!

Jets caught in a lie trying to cover up the rookie's car accident:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash

[/QUOTE]

what was the lie Queenie?  Wait, are you talking about your lies?  Can we assume that your gigantic vigina will not allow you to answer this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11372219/jalen-saunders-new-york-jets-indefinitely-following-medical-event-related-car-crash

[/QUOTE]

what was the lie Queenie?  Wait, are you talking about your lies?  Can we assume that your gigantic vigina will not allow you to answer this?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

man, that's going to require a sticks and stones squared to repel that burn.