3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Only an idiot Jets fan, quite possibly the ONLY one on planet earth right now, would not admit once and for all that Mark Sanchez is a complete BUST.

One of the greatest all time busts in NFL history. #5 overall, traded up for, over 50 million invested and all he has to say is he was hidden by a #1 or #4 rushing attack and Alan Faneca with a good D for 2 years so it only appeared he was any good.

The ButtFumble is just the cherry on top with his legacy in the NFL.

The fact you continue to come here as a loser troll as a loser in life deflecting from the Jets Circus sponsored by Morons R Us, is beyond pathetic. 

You are the easily the biggest loser anyone has ever seen on a messageboard.

This coming from the moron that said that Plunket and his rating of 58 was a great QB with the patsies and should be in the hall of fame.  Your idiocy knows no bounds.

yes according to ol Russ Plunkett is better than Eli or Big Ben...

(shakes head-rolls eyes)

Umm, Plunkett has 2 rings and neither Eli nor Ben spent 8 years of their careers with two awful organizations like Plunkett did. So, yes, Plunkett is easily on a plane with Big Ben and Eli in the discussion of the QB tier.

Yes.

Also, Plunkett was outstanding in two SB wins, one a completely blowout of a nasty Skins club, and he won two SBs with almost entirely two different Raiders teams.  One was from the 70s holders, the other with younger players like Greg Townsend, Howie Long, Marcus Allen, etc.

Very nice career.  

When he gets into the HOF, maybe Ben and Eli will be considered, but as for now, Plunkett is as accomplished than both of those overrated QBs.   Also, Plunkett threw one of the nicest deeps balls of his time, if not in recent memory.

Good day.

PS Do your homework first before pretending before you have a prayer in debating me.

besides all this saying nothing much u do realize ur rather hypocritical stance here?

to wit: u slag others who are younger and dismiss their opinions because they didn't see so and so play yet judging u to be in ur 30's that would mean ur too young to have seen plunkett play or saw him at the end of his career long after his prime-even if ur 39 it would mean u were all of 9 when he played in SB in 83 and 6 when he played in SB in 83...and thats if u are 39 which u r not

me? i saw him from mid 70's on and remember both SB's well

therefore, using ur own criteria, i dismiss ur opinions on plunkett as irrelevant

Umm, what? My first memory of a SB was actually in January of 1981, albeit not vivid. That would come a year later with Montana and the 9ers in Detroit beating Cincy.  And I was absolutely available to be VERY cognizant of SB 18 when Oakland won 38-9 in Tampa in January of 1984.

So, your little attempt here to make a point completely failed. Good attempt, though. At least it was somewhat creative even if an utter failure, Gunty.

Meanwhile, Big Ben had a QB Rating of 43 in SB 40 under suspcious officiaiting cirumstances for one of his rings. Add in the classic case of every Steelers player automatically overrated a notch by their homeriffic towel waving fanbase and YEAH, I think Plunkett was actually better than what Big Ben has accomplished.

Eli's claim to fame is not making mistakes in each SB and being bailed out by David Tyree and his defense.   Good for him. But, we also won't forget his 2010 season of 25 INTs either. Horrendous.

Yeah, that's right.

If Plunkett was in a better situation out of Stanford than in NE or crappy SF in the late 70s, who knows what else he could have done.

You clearly aren't even aware of the history, yet try to lecture me on facts and contexts when discussing these QBs careers?

how old are you again? if ur 39 you would be all of 9 when plunkett played in sb vs skins- so i am to rely on the accuracy of the memories and more importantly the understanding of the game of a 9 year old as to what type of player plunkett was?

and this would mean u didn't see him very much if at all before that

and that's if ur 39 which u sure as hell ain't

by ur own criteria u didn't see him play so ur opinion is irrelevant

i did see him play and often- including both SB's and with the Pats

therefore...cha-ching!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

yes according to ol Russ Plunkett is better than Eli or Big Ben...by ur own criteria u didn't see him play so ur opinion is irrelevant

Hey Jints...Rusty is obviously a huge Jim Plunkett fan. Since Plunkett had all of his success with the Raiders, using Rusty-like "logic", I guess that makes Russ a Raiders' fan.

I always knew that something about him wasn't kosher...passing himself off as a Patriots fan, when in reality he bleeds silver and black. I could smell it a mile away...LOL!!!        

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

QUOTE]

Sure, Texas Troll. Where are you from? Have you told us that yet?  Those Cowboys fans must give you a lot of grief down there as you bandwagoned over here from Cowboy Land, huh, Texas Troll?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rusty...but you never responded to my question. Are you a Raiders fan? Are you excited about Matt Flynn taking the reins in Oak-town?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

yes according to ol Russ Plunkett is better than Eli or Big Ben...by ur own criteria u didn't see him play so ur opinion is irrelevant

Hey Jints...Rusty is obviously a huge Jim Plunkett fan. Since Plunkett had all of his success with the Raiders, using Rusty-like "logic", I guess that makes Russ a Raiders' fan.

I always knew that something about him wasn't kosher...passing himself off as a Patriots fan, when in reality he bleeds silver and black. I could smell it a mile away...LOL!!!        

Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Only an idiot Jets fan, quite possibly the ONLY one on planet earth right now, would not admit once and for all that Mark Sanchez is a complete BUST.

One of the greatest all time busts in NFL history. #5 overall, traded up for, over 50 million invested and all he has to say is he was hidden by a #1 or #4 rushing attack and Alan Faneca with a good D for 2 years so it only appeared he was any good.

The ButtFumble is just the cherry on top with his legacy in the NFL.

The fact you continue to come here as a loser troll as a loser in life deflecting from the Jets Circus sponsored by Morons R Us, is beyond pathetic. 

You are the easily the biggest loser anyone has ever seen on a messageboard.

This coming from the moron that said that Plunket and his rating of 58 was a great QB with the patsies and should be in the hall of fame.  Your idiocy knows no bounds.

yes according to ol Russ Plunkett is better than Eli or Big Ben...

(shakes head-rolls eyes)

Umm, Plunkett has 2 rings and neither Eli nor Ben spent 8 years of their careers with two awful organizations like Plunkett did. So, yes, Plunkett is easily on a plane with Big Ben and Eli in the discussion of the QB tier.

Yes.

Also, Plunkett was outstanding in two SB wins, one a completely blowout of a nasty Skins club, and he won two SBs with almost entirely two different Raiders teams.  One was from the 70s holders, the other with younger players like Greg Townsend, Howie Long, Marcus Allen, etc.

Very nice career.  

When he gets into the HOF, maybe Ben and Eli will be considered, but as for now, Plunkett is as accomplished than both of those overrated QBs.   Also, Plunkett threw one of the nicest deeps balls of his time, if not in recent memory.

Good day.

PS Do your homework first before pretending before you have a prayer in debating me.

besides all this saying nothing much u do realize ur rather hypocritical stance here?

to wit: u slag others who are younger and dismiss their opinions because they didn't see so and so play yet judging u to be in ur 30's that would mean ur too young to have seen plunkett play or saw him at the end of his career long after his prime-even if ur 39 it would mean u were all of 9 when he played in SB in 83 and 6 when he played in SB in 83...and thats if u are 39 which u r not

me? i saw him from mid 70's on and remember both SB's well

therefore, using ur own criteria, i dismiss ur opinions on plunkett as irrelevant

Umm, what? My first memory of a SB was actually in January of 1981, albeit not vivid. That would come a year later with Montana and the 9ers in Detroit beating Cincy.  And I was absolutely available to be VERY cognizant of SB 18 when Oakland won 38-9 in Tampa in January of 1984.

So, your little attempt here to make a point completely failed. Good attempt, though. At least it was somewhat creative even if an utter failure, Gunty.

Meanwhile, Big Ben had a QB Rating of 43 in SB 40 under suspcious officiaiting cirumstances for one of his rings. Add in the classic case of every Steelers player automatically overrated a notch by their homeriffic towel waving fanbase and YEAH, I think Plunkett was actually better than what Big Ben has accomplished.

Eli's claim to fame is not making mistakes in each SB and being bailed out by David Tyree and his defense.   Good for him. But, we also won't forget his 2010 season of 25 INTs either. Horrendous.

Yeah, that's right.

If Plunkett was in a better situation out of Stanford than in NE or crappy SF in the late 70s, who knows what else he could have done.

You clearly aren't even aware of the history, yet try to lecture me on facts and contexts when discussing these QBs careers?

how old are you again? if ur 39 you would be all of 9 when plunkett played in sb vs skins- so i am to rely on the accuracy of the memories and more importantly the understanding of the game of a 9 year old as to what type of player plunkett was?

and this would mean u didn't see him very much if at all before that

and that's if ur 39 which u sure as hell ain't

by ur own criteria u didn't see him play so ur opinion is irrelevant

i did see him play and often- including both SB's and with the Pats

therefore...cha-ching!!

"Cha ching"?

What does it matter how old I was in January 1981 or 1984?  Are you this stupid?  I am in my mid 30s. I also saw him play almost every week as the Raiders were the 4 PM NBC game in the early mid 1980s, so I saw him plenty of times. 

Plunkett 2 rings on par with Eli's or Ben's.  Christ, both of Eli's were gifts from us.   Ben was horrendous in SB 40 and somehow walked off with ring.

Meanwhile, Plunkett didn't lay an egg like Ben in either SB.  At best Eli is on Plunkett's level.  But, a load in inconsistency, missing the playoffs every other year and a 25 INT season like that is not some great resume.  You need to leave your NY bubble, and we know you don't in that basement.

From there compare Plunkett's wasted 8 or 9 seasons with two bad franchises where Ben and Eli walked into prime situations in Pitt and NY. You lose there, Gunty. Lose, big time.

"Cha ching"!

Yes, Queenie, 2 superbowl wins in his 15 year career, the first at year 10, with a career playoff rating of about 80 is right on par with Eli's 2 sb's in his first 8 years (the first at year 4) with a career playoff rating of about 90.
    What college did you earn all of your degrees from again?

Are you seriously this stupid?  The Pats and 49ers of the 1970s are comparablge organizations/environments for a QB as compared to the Giants and Steelers organizations of 2004?

LOL!!!

Only in Phatthy Virgin world does that make sense. 

It's a long, long way down for the entitled Big Ben and little Gomer. A long way down.

You said he was "great" with the patsies, but played on bad teams.  He had a rating of 57.  You're an idiot.

Now, you're using the same excuse you use to berate Sanchez (that he played with good teams in 2009 & 2010) as to why Plunkett's career rating of 67.5 is what qualifies him for the HOF?

Keep posting, Queenie.  The whole BDC world is laughing at you. 

Never once said Plunkett was great in NE or SF. Never once said that. I said his career finally took off once he left two crappy organizations, you know, sort of like how your organization is now with a bust like Sanchez.

Stats are for losers. I don't care about "career ratings" for QBs who spend a decade on god awful teams.

I am talking about Plunkett's TWO rings and good SB performances in Oakland and LA. Period.

What was Joe Namath's career rating, by the way, Phatty Virgin? Care to share that with us? lol!!!

This should be comical.

You know what, I don't want you to dodge the question, so I'll just embarrass and bludgeon you now:

65.5 is Joe Namath's career QB rating.   Plunkett>Namath

Not debatable. bawahhhahah

bwhahahahahaahh!

You enjoy walking ino these doors with dung rolling down your pant leg, don't you?

So, you didn't say he was great, but  you think he should be in the HOF?  As for Namath... he wasn't a very good QB, ever.  He won a superbowl.  Bad QBs can win superbowls.  Educated fans don't elevate every player that has ever played for their franchise, like you do over and over again (see Maroney, Plunkett, Meriweather etc)

Plunkett has two SBs, better numbers than Namath and didn't get buried on two teams that were awful either. Meanwhile, "Broadway" JOe was overhyped by the NY media just "Darrelle" Revis is or Chad Pennington, or any other overrated player who puts on a green and white uni in the media capital of the world.

You can't change facts and you can't change history, Phatty.

So, it sure likes you made some mistakes up above, doesn't it, Phatty?

LMAO!

Queenie, who are you arguing with?   Aside from being a complete idiot are you crazy?  Mistakes about what?  It is shocking what a complete fool you are making yourself out to be over and over again.  In your feeble attempt to justify your claims of how great Plunket was WITH THE PATSIES and how he should be in the HOF, you have claimed that he won superbowls with the Raiders and now have brought Namath into the discussion?  First, what does Willie Joe have to do with anything, second, who ever claimed he was a good QB and third why are you such a flippin moron?  Seriosuly, you're an idiot.  You get owned time and time again and you think changing the subject is going to hide that fact. 

somehow Russ also seems to overlook the fact that Plunkett came into the league as i believe a Heisman Trophy winner and one of the top QB prospects ever up to that time (1971) so you cannot blame his poor play entirely on his team or surroundings and you also must then say he did nothing to improve them or lead them or make the players around him better-shouldn't a HOFer at least play better than a bust for a decade and only achieve when he is on a superior team? shouldn't he be one of the building blocks?

I liked Plunkett and thought he was a very good QB those Raider years and rooted for him over the Eagles in that SB especially b/c I love his personal story (yeah russ I know all the history but unlike you i dont need to show off) - i was a Plun kett fan in many ways-but he was what he was a good qb for the last part of his career on very good teams after a decade in no-man's land-which is a great story and he will be remembered but nowhere near Canton worthy

btw Phat next time Russ calls out some younger fan for being too young to know anything or having never seen so and so play do me a favor and throw this plunkett stuff back in his face...a hypocrite exposed indeed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Season tickets in my family since 1978. I was at the first AFC title game ever in Foxborough On January 12, 1997. Where were you? In Dallas as a kiddie?

RESPONSE: Again...who bought those season tickets in "78...you or your Momma? Heck...you were probably outside building snow forts and snow men after the Blizzard of "78...LOL!!! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts