The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to Paul_K's comment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-25/mike-goodson-jets-running-back-legal-problems-drug-weapons-arrest-charge

New York Jets running back Mike Goodson has had a litany of other legal problems beyond his recent arrest on drug and weapons charges in New Jersey, ESPN.com reported.

The ESPN.com investigation into Goodson didn't uncover any other arrests, but it found a lengthy list of incidents that led to other legal action against him during his stops in Carolina and Oakland. Goodson, 26, signed a three-year, $6.9 million contract (including a $1 million signing bonus) with the Jets as a free agent in March.

According to the ESPN.com report, Mike Goodson has been sued for paternity and child support by three women, with whom he has fathered at least six children. (AP Photo)

The ESPN report said he was sued for paternity and child support by three women from August 2010 to May 2011, according to court documents in North Carolina and in Texas, where he grew up. He is the father of at least six children with those women, one of whom he lived with for two years, according to ESPN.com.

The ESPN report said one of the women is planning to refile a paternity suit in the next week.

According to court documents, Goodson didn’t pay a $56,465 bill to a Houston-area jewelry store. The store sued him, and he ended up paying $84,423.44. The amount was garnished from his Raiders paychecks, according to ESPN.

In Carolina, Goodson was sued three times by two apartment complexes in the Charlotte area for unpaid rent.

In April 2012, he was sued for failing to make payments on a $49,000 Mercedes-Benz he bought from a South Carolina man.

After news of Goodson's arrest broke, the ESPN.com story reported an unnamed scout from another team posed this question about the Jets: "Do these guys do background checks?"

Goodson missed the Jets' first three OTA practices this week after being arrested May 17 on multiple charges of drug and weapons possession. He offered a plea of not guilty to all charges Wednesday in Morris County Superior Court in Morristown, N.J. Despite the legal problems, he is expected to return to the field for practice beginning Tuesday.

He was charged after he and a companion were found in an SUV stopped in the center-left lane of westbound Route 80 in Denville, N.J., on May 17, shortly after 3 a.m. Goodson faces charges of possession of marijuana (under 50 grams), unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun, possession of hollow-point ammunition and possession of drug paraphernalia.

One addition to this story:  Goodson has been missing voluntary team activities due to his bust, and he's also going to have to miss the second day of minicamp due to his court date.

RESPONSE: To the above...RB Mike Goodson's lawyer, Tony Fusco Jr. (yes...the same Jersey criminal defense lawyer the represented Tony Soprano...LOL!!) says that at least his client isn't a weiner. Anthony Weiner, that is. In a classic example of moral relativism, Goodson's lawyer stated..."We’ve had a President who had an affair in the White House. We’ve had a congressman who took pictures of himself and now he’s running for mayor. The only thing that Mike is running for, is for touchdowns,” the attorney said. “He’s not running for President or Congress. He’s playing football, he wants to run, and run for his team."

LOL!!!!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/goodson-lawyer-mike-weiner-article-1.1354883#ixzz2UPUaMmQl

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's a photo of rapper Jay-Z and the Jets franchise QB hope, Geno Smith:

Jay-Z (l.) and Gang Green's new quarterback Geno Smith are photographed together.

Is Smith flashing gang signs?? You be the judge. Strange happenings continue in the Land of the Green Goblins.  The NFL Players Association is investigating Jay-Z’s role in Geno Smith’s decision to choose Kim Miale and Roc Nation as his agency, according to NFL.com.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/nflpa-investigating-jay-z-role-courting-jets-geno-article-1.1354868#ixzz2UQggBwVR

Unreal. LOL!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

When Mike Ditka was asked about the Jets three weeks ago, he said the following:  

“What happened up there in New York last year was a joke,” Ditka told SiriusXM NFL Radio, via NFL.com. “But then again, so is their team.”

Geez. Tell us how you really feel, Mike.

To be fair, what else would you expect someone to say about the Jets at this point?

They have more quarterbacks on their roster than wide receivers, they have a lame duck coach and the organization just traded away their best player. It really is a franchise that is in shambles.

When Ditka stated that the New York Jets organization is a joke, he may have been too kind.

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

And the laughs keep rolling on...as Jests' OC Marty Mornhinweg crowed to the NY press that the accuracy shown by QB Mark Sanchez thus far is "sky high"...this after Sanchez threw three (3) interceptions (including one by a DT) on just 11 passing attempts, during OTAs. Statements like this makes one wonder whether Mornhinweg was "sky high" when he made these comments.     

Here's the article:

Mornhinweg: Sanchez accuracy has been “sky high” Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 28, 2013, 2:54 AM EDT New York Jets' Sanchez is back to pass against Buffalo Bills' Sheppard in their NFL football game in Orchard ParkReuters

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had an awful day during the Jets’ OTAs last week. Sanchez threw three interceptions on 11 passes and drew the ire of head coach Rex Ryan who called the performance “unacceptable.”

However, Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg doesn’t view Sanchez’s performance in nearly the same light. According to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, Mornhinweg said Sanchez has graded out very well in accuracy during the Jets’ workouts so far this offseason.

Mornhinweg said Sanchez’s “completion percentage and accuracy percentage have been sky-high up to date.”

Mornhinweg grades both areas separately when evaluating quarterbacks. The comments to Cimini came after Sanchez threw three interceptions in practice last Wednesday. No confirmation, however, if any pass that doesn’t touch the ground goes into the plus-column on the grade sheet.

That being said, even if Sanchez was completing every pass during OTAs the skepticism of his ability would still be out in full force until he proves he’s capable of being effective in actual NFL games. The poor performances in OTAs won’t ultimately be significant either if Sanchez plays well this fall but if three interceptions in 11 passes sits well with Mornhinweg, the bar really isn’t set very high for Sanchez: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/28/mornhinweg-sanchez-accuracy-has-been-sky-high/

LOL!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Mike Goodson saga continues: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/goodson_in_more_trouble_cxMUINBiWDWdenpJ9UcerI

Another fine piece of work by the Jets' "brainthrust"...LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The Mike Goodson saga continues: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/goodson_in_more_trouble_cxMUINBiWDWdenpJ9UcerI

Another fine piece of work by the Jets' "brainthrust"...LOL!!!

You know everyone should own a Breitling watch... that is way more important than child support. The head shaking decisions of the Jet's continue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They must draft with a magic 8 ball.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

All this time I thought they used the fortune teller at Coney Island.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

As long as its a mechanical one!  How ya doing this fine Sunday ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Fantastic... sitting out on my deck having my coffee watching ny 2 dogs play in the yard...

Hope you are having a great Sunday morning!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Fantastic... sitting out on my deck having my coffee watching ny 2 dogs play in the yard...

That's just what I'm doing but the added twist of trying to keep the chickens outa the garden.  Looks like 9 holes may be in order. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

That's just what I'm doing but the added twist of trying to keep the chickens outa the garden.  Looks like 9 holes may be in order. 

LOL... I hope your dogs are used to the chickens. My 2 would be going spastic if they had that kind of distraction.

Wish I could play today but it looks like my wife has made plans to BBQ with the family today. Oh well going to have to suffer with some Steel Rail and Sam Summer this afternoon.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It took my browser 24 seconds to load this page but it's always worth it. Thanks jfaust!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts