The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

Jets play paintball on last day of OTAs  

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 6, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT jetpaintball

Today was the last day of Organized Team Activities for the Jets. But instead of hitting the practice field, they played paintball.

The Jets haven’t explained exactly why they did the paintball excursion, but several players wrote on Twitter that a team-building paintball excursion had replaced the final day of OTAs.

There’s no word on how many Jets participated. OTAs are voluntary, and a paintball outing in place of OTAs would obviously be voluntary, too.

Jets coach Rex Ryan, who has faced criticism at times for creating a circus-like locker room atmosphere, has said that building team unity is an important goal. Perhaps players shooting paintballs at each other is the way to build a team.

Reporters were not invited, meaning we don’t have information about who’s the more accurate shot, Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Jets play paintball on last day of OTAs  

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 6, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT jetpaintball

Today was the last day of Organized Team Activities for the Jets. But instead of hitting the practice field, they played paintball.

The Jets haven’t explained exactly why they did the paintball excursion, but several players wrote on Twitter that a team-building paintball excursion had replaced the final day of OTAs.

There’s no word on how many Jets participated. OTAs are voluntary, and a paintball outing in place of OTAs would obviously be voluntary, too.

Jets coach Rex Ryan, who has faced criticism at times for creating a circus-like locker room atmosphere, has said that building team unity is an important goal. Perhaps players shooting paintballs at each other is the way to build a team.

Reporters were not invited, meaning we don’t have information about who’s the more accurate shot, Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith.

RESPONSE: And...when training camp starts, the team will continue to strive for team unity with an afternoon trip to the local Mall, to ride the Merry-Go-Round.

LOL!!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kellen Winslow Jr.Kellen Winslow Jr.Verified account@KellenWinslowJr

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Dustin Keller: New York Jets have too much 'nonsense'  

•  
    • By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Updated: June 9, 2013 at 05:52 p.m.

The New York Jets' decision to draft Geno Smith was the clearest sign that the team had lost faith in -- and was prepared to move on from -- quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Letting tight end Dustin Keller walk out the door was a less publicized (but perhaps equally clear) sign. Keller was Sanchez's security blanket, arguably the only receiver Sanchez ever showed legitimate chemistry with in four years.

Keller eventually signed a one-year contract with the Miami Dolphins, and on Sunday, he discussed how the Jets' moves to bring in Smith and Tim Tebow affected his former teammate.

"I think he doesn't like the fact those moves were made," Keller said of Sanchez on Sirius XM NFL Radio on Sunday. "I don't think those were things that made him happy. Could it possibly have been something that pushed him? Maybe, I'm not quite sure. But it definitely lit a fire underneath him. I've talked to him a couple of times this offseason and he's been working. So, I think you can expect some good things from him."

Keller also explained his feelings on the media spotlight in Gotham.

"There's always some type of nonsense going on. When you're in the New York media, you don't say that you're used to all of that; there's always going to be distractions," he said. "But this is really more so than anywhere else. You're really talking about a team -- we didn't even go to the playoffs the year before -- and it seemed like we're in the media more than anyone else, and for the wrong reasons. You never want that.

Jones: Has Sanchez already lost? The New York  Jets' QB battle has started, but is it already over for  Mark SanchezKimberly Jonestakes a look.  More ... 

"Could it have anything to do with the season, kinda things falling apart? I really don't know. When you're in that market, it just has to be something you're ready to deal with."

The Jets had many problems in 2012, but chief among them was a low baseline of talent that couldn't make up for injuries and continued regression by the quarterback.

Keller says we can expect a rebound from Sanchez, but you wonder if Keller actually thinks his old mate needs to get out of town and start over.

It's not a bad idea.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jets QB Mark Sanchez will apparently be playing under a ghost-name this season:

Jets Fan Breaks Out The Mark Sanchez "Buttfumble" Jersey

LOL!!!

See this article for more laughs: http://deadspin.com/5965101/jets-fan-breaks-out-the-mark-sanchez-buttfumble-jersey

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rex: Tebow the Patriots' project now

Updated: June 11, 2013, 12:49 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, who predicted last year that Tim Tebowwould be a headache for opposing defenses, didn't sound at all concerned Tuesday about the prospect of facing his former player now that he's a member of the New England Patriots.

"I'm not worried about anything, really," Ryan said at the start of his team's minicamp. "I'm happy for the young man to get another opportunity in the league. It didn't work out here. Obviously, he had more success in Denver than he did here. It is what it is."

Asked if he's curious to see how Patriots coach Bill Belichick deploys Tebow, Ryan shrugged and said "no."

"If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with him," Ryan deadpanned, "that's fine."

Nearly two months after he left the franchise, Tebow remains a hot topic around the Jets, who cut the polarizing quarterback in late April after one ill-fated season in New York.

For 10 months, Ryan was peppered with questions about Tebow and his role -- or non-role -- with the Jets. That didn't change Tuesday. The coach saw it coming, ending his opening statement by saying, "I have a funny feeling there will be more questions about former players than current players."

He was right. Such is the fascination with Tebow.

"It's not a surprise to me that Tim would be picked up," Ryan said. "As I've said before, he's a tremendous young man. Very competitive. I'm happy for him. I look forward to competing against him."

Ryan noted that the Jets will be facing several former players and coaches in the AFC East. He mentioned tight end Dustin Keller (Miami Dolphins) and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine (Buffalo Bills). He's not a division foe, but cornerback Darrelle Revis (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) could've been added to the list.

In fact, the Jets face Revis in Week 1, followed by Tebow in Week 2. But, of course, Tebow is different because ... well, he's Tebow.

A year ago, Ryan bragged about how Tebow would be a dynamic weapon in the Jets' offense, and how the rest of the league would have to make special plans when he's on the field.

Now the Jets could be one of those teams. This time, Ryan downplayed that factor, claiming the league has adjusted to running quarterbacks because of the success last year of the 49ers' Colin Kaepernick, the Seahawks' Russell Wilson and the Redskins' Robert Griffin III.

Unlike the Jets, who hyped Tebow as a Wildcat quarterback, the Patriots claim he will be used only as a conventional quarterback. Ryan said it doesn't matter where they play him.

"We'll be ready to face [Tebow]," Ryan said. "We'll be ready to face [Rob] Gronkowski and [Aaron] Hernandez, too. We'll be prepared to face Russ Francis if he comes back."

At least Ryan no longer must deal with the media circus that followed Tebow. It packed its tents and traveled up to Foxborough, Mass. Ryan said he has no advice for Belichick on how to handle the media swarm.

"He's not going to listen to me and he shouldn't," Ryan said. "He'll do what he does."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Every move made by this franchise has "desperation" written all over it. I mean...Kullen Winslow, Jr.?? REALLY?? REALLY?? REALLY??

What's even funnier is that Winslow may be a major upgrade over anything else that they have at TE...LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

LOL @ no, no, no, not today!

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

"The Jets will be counting on quarterback Dick Wood"...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Jets fans could retort with The Pats......(A thread of sadness). People should look and stay in their own back yards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Jets fans could retort with The Pats......(A thread of sadness). People should look and stay in their own back yards.

You let this thread bother you? Lighten up.

Sections
Shortcuts