The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

Bump

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

If anybody needs more evidence regarding how classless the NY Jets' franchise is: http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mark-sanchez-reportedly-yelled-at-jets-gm-after-suffering-shoulder-injury/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

So...the Jets are world-beaters now, by virtue of a dumb late hit penalty by a Tampa LB, eeking out a win over the Bills, and edging the injury ravaged Falcons on a last second FG?? Please!!! LOL!!  http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/jets-have-gone-from-clowns-to-contenders/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

QB Garrard out of retirement, back with Jets

Jets signed QB David Garrard and placed him on the Exempt List.

The Jets will have a two-week exemption to take a look at Garrard and see if they want to promote him to their active roster. They most likely will. Garrard will be an excellent mentor for Geno Smith and an upgrade on Matt Simms/Brady Quinn at the backup spot. "I was able to take the whole summer off and let my body heal. I started training a couple of months ago and my knee feels great," said Garrard. "I'm sitting at home, watching games thinking, ‘Why am I at home? Why I am doing this to myself?" Garrard, 35, originally said he was retiring when he left the Jets in May.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I know it has been mentioned but I thought I would add it to the long list.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9809177/kellen-winslow-new-york-jets-banned-4-games-peds-cited

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is as great a thread as jints claiming 10 Wins.  even in Portuguese it's great. Ha ha ha 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

There's no substitute for the original. LOL!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jets RB Mike Goodson tore his ACL and MCL in Sunday's loss to the Steelers.

Goodson's first season as a Jet can officially be called a nightmare. He was arrested on marijuana and weapons charges in May, went AWOL at the beginning of training camp and was then slapped with a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Goodson returned as a backup behind Bilal Powell in Week 5, but this injury puts his 2014 roster spot in doubt. Chris Ivory will see a bump in snaps going forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Getz you're gonna have to update that avatar pretty soon bro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

LOL^!!

I didn't realize Geno Bust got Woodson hurt. Tears!  Bustchise was praising Geno Bust all week and now his insane INTs for no reason gets other players hurt and careers over.

What a FA signging by the Jetsies!

Idzick and Ryan...the Jets gift that keeps on giving...to NFL fans that HATE the Jets!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tom Brady wounded two Ryans with one dagger Sunday.

"It was a horrible day for the Ryan family," New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said Monday, reflecting on the New England Patriots' last-second victory over the New Orleans Saints. "It's a good thing my dad is out of coaching. It was tough." 

Ryan felt bad for his brother, Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who looked like he was going to be sick on the sideline after Brady's touchdown pass lifted the Patriots to a 30-27 win. About 250 miles away, watching on TV in New Jersey, the Jets' coach felt worse for himself and his team.

Even when they're not in the same stadium, Rex Ryan gets haunted by Brady.

"Heck, yeah, you want to see them lose, no question," Ryan said, adding that his immediate reaction was more animated than that of his brother. "You want every team in your division to lose, in particular New England."

For most of Sunday evening, Ryan took pleasure in seeing his brother's defense frustrate Brady. The Saints sacked him five times and held him to a 74.7 passer rating. Then came the final drive, culminating with Brady's 17-yard scoring pass to Kenbrell Thompkins with five seconds left.

Rob Ryan fumed.

Rex Ryan fumed more.

"I don't think [his] was as bad as my reaction," Rex Ryan said.

He took umbrage with critics who second-guessed his brother's defensive strategy at the end of the game. Ryan didn't name names, but he was clearly miffed.

After-the-fact criticism "is the only insight you're going to get from the so-called experts that I've seen get crushed by [Brady]," he said. "Now they're going to make that call? Yeah, right. I'd put my chances with a Ryan over somebody else."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Steve Hawk ·  Top Commenter · Owner and Visionary at Steve Hawk at Official Steve Hawk Fan Page · 166 subscribers

This move seems like a disaster so far. Hopefully he's still recovering from the injury because he's really been a non-factor Reply ·  ·  4 hours ago

Coples sounds dangerously like the 2nd coming of Ghoulston.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

LOL!  On the heels of learning about Coples entering bust status, now it's Dee Milliner's turn to show that early stage bust status after being benched and being hurt again:

OCT 16 1:20 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The  New York Jets likely will be facing the  New England Patriots with a beat-up receiving corps. 

Santonio Holmes (hamstring) didn't practice Wednesday,  David Nelson (undisclosed) was limited in positional drills and newcomer  Greg Salas, signed Tuesday off the  Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad, spent the early part of practice riding a stationary bike. Unless Salas was injured on the drive up the New Jersey Turnpike, it appears the Jets signed damaged goods. 

The Jets' other newcomer, WR/KR  Josh Cribbs, made his debut on the practice field, wearing No. 16. As expected, he was involved in punt and kickoff returning, and he also ran drills with the receivers. 

Holmes showed up midway through the media period at practice -- he walked in with general manager John Idzik -- but he wasn't in pads and did only light jogging. There's little chance he will play Sunday. On Tuesday, they lost  Clyde Gates (shoulder) for the season, placing him on injured reserve. 

Cornerback  Kyle Wilson (head injury) also is a question mark. He, too, was on the bikes. 

On the positive side, rookie cornerback  Dee Milliner (hamstring) participated in positional drills, working his way back to action. There's growing optimism about his chances of playing Sunday. He has missed three straight games.   http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/29356/practice-report-holmes-still-out-salas-hurt

Good...we'll just have to torch him once again...the kid will have nightmares!!!! They'll have to trade him to a west coast team to let him start his career over again...but with his luck, hell end up in Oakland...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Cocky Jets 1st rd pick acting arrogant and lacking respect for Brady. Keep running your mouth, Jets. Keep running them:

Jets D primed for Brady, rematch Updated: October 16, 2013, 6:29 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Despite a history of heartbreak against Tom Brady, the New York Jetsbelieve they'll be ready for him Sunday.

RichardsonHe's Tom Brady, I'm Sheldon Richardson. He's a name. He's a figure, a franchise player. I'm trying to get after him, simple as that. No one really treats him like [Superman] around here. I think he's the complete opposite of that.

-- Sheldon Richardson

Emboldened by a strong defensive performance in the teams' Week 2 meeting, the Jets don't see the New England Patriots' star as a football superhero.

"I'm not treating him like Superman," defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said Wednesday. "He's Tom Brady, I'm Sheldon Richardson. He's a name. He's a figure, a franchise player. I'm trying to get after him, simple as that. No one really treats him like [Superman] around here. I think he's the complete opposite of that."

Asked to name the opposite of Superman, the Jets' confident rookie smiled and said, "I'd rather not say it."

As much as the Jets respect Brady, who has an 18-4 career record against them, they aren't genuflecting. They frustrated Brady last month in Foxborough, Mass., holding him to one of the worst statistical days of his career -- 19 for 39 for 185 yards, and one touchdown on a busted coverage. At times, Brady was visibly upset.

The Patriots held on for a 13-10 win, but the storyline from the game was how Brady and his patchwork receiving corps lacked cohesion.

The Jets find that amusing. Clearly, they feel their defense didn't get enough credit.

"It had nothing to do with us, I understand, we were just out there," coach Rex Ryan said with a heavy dose of sarcasm. "Certainly, that was well-reported and all that. We'll get to see. We'll get to see if some of those issues exist this week."

Added Richardson of Brady: "He was out there running plays against no one, I guess."

The Jets have fielded a strong defense in Ryan's four-plus seasons as the coach -- they're currently ranked No. 2 in total defense -- but that hasn't translated into much success against their top nemesis. Ryan is 3-7 against the Patriots, having lost five in a row. Even though they have frustrated him at times, the Jets haven't been able to force Brady into costly mistakes. In fact, he has gone 163 passes without an interception against them.

Jets blog

JetsLooking for more on
    the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »

Ryan was jokingly asked if he'd like to treat Brady like a vampire, driving a stake through his heart. The coach laughed.

"I thought about doing all that stuff, but the league would fine me," he said. "I've been fined enough by the league, so I'll pass on that."

There are as many questions about Brady's receiving corps as there were in Week 2. Tight end Rob Gronkowski still hasn't played.Danny Amendola suffered a head injury Sunday and didn't practice Wednesday. And rookiesKenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson have combined for nine dropped passes, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

More on the Patriots

Mike Reiss has the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for all the latest coverage. Blog

• Send a question for Mike's mailbag

"He doesn't have his best receiver, which is his tight end," Richardson said. "And he's not throwing for 20,000 yards like he has in other years."

True, Brady's stats are modest compared to past seasons, but the Patriots are 5-1, with a chance to sweep the series and create a three-game gap with the Jets.

Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson, the Jets' best defensive player, is 0-5 lifetime against Brady. Frustrated?

"It's frustrating a lot," he said. "The last two years, I've been playing these guys around my birthday [Oct. 22], and I keep having a bad birthday. Tom Brady keeps making it bad for me."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9835677/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-superman?ex_cid=espnapi_public

You know this has already gone up on the board...DEAD MEAT!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:

Cocky Jets 1st rd pick acting arrogant and lacking respect for Brady. Keep running your mouth, Jets. Keep running them:

Jets D primed for Brady, rematch Updated: October 16, 2013, 6:29 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Despite a history of heartbreak against Tom Brady, the New York Jetsbelieve they'll be ready for him Sunday.

RichardsonHe's Tom Brady, I'm Sheldon Richardson. He's a name. He's a figure, a franchise player. I'm trying to get after him, simple as that. No one really treats him like [Superman] around here. I think he's the complete opposite of that.

-- Sheldon Richardson

Emboldened by a strong defensive performance in the teams' Week 2 meeting, the Jets don't see the New England Patriots' star as a football superhero.

"I'm not treating him like Superman," defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said Wednesday. "He's Tom Brady, I'm Sheldon Richardson. He's a name. He's a figure, a franchise player. I'm trying to get after him, simple as that. No one really treats him like [Superman] around here. I think he's the complete opposite of that."

Asked to name the opposite of Superman, the Jets' confident rookie smiled and said, "I'd rather not say it."

As much as the Jets respect Brady, who has an 18-4 career record against them, they aren't genuflecting. They frustrated Brady last month in Foxborough, Mass., holding him to one of the worst statistical days of his career -- 19 for 39 for 185 yards, and one touchdown on a busted coverage. At times, Brady was visibly upset.

The Patriots held on for a 13-10 win, but the storyline from the game was how Brady and his patchwork receiving corps lacked cohesion.

The Jets find that amusing. Clearly, they feel their defense didn't get enough credit.

"It had nothing to do with us, I understand, we were just out there," coach Rex Ryan said with a heavy dose of sarcasm. "Certainly, that was well-reported and all that. We'll get to see. We'll get to see if some of those issues exist this week."

Added Richardson of Brady: "He was out there running plays against no one, I guess."

The Jets have fielded a strong defense in Ryan's four-plus seasons as the coach -- they're currently ranked No. 2 in total defense -- but that hasn't translated into much success against their top nemesis. Ryan is 3-7 against the Patriots, having lost five in a row. Even though they have frustrated him at times, the Jets haven't been able to force Brady into costly mistakes. In fact, he has gone 163 passes without an interception against them.

Jets blog

JetsLooking for more on

Ryan was jokingly asked if he'd like to treat Brady like a vampire, driving a stake through his heart. The coach laughed.

"I thought about doing all that stuff, but the league would fine me," he said. "I've been fined enough by the league, so I'll pass on that."

There are as many questions about Brady's receiving corps as there were in Week 2. Tight end Rob Gronkowski still hasn't played.Danny Amendola suffered a head injury Sunday and didn't practice Wednesday. And rookiesKenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson have combined for nine dropped passes, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

More on the Patriots

Mike Reiss has the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for all the latest coverage. Blog

"He doesn't have his best receiver, which is his tight end," Richardson said. "And he's not throwing for 20,000 yards like he has in other years."

True, Brady's stats are modest compared to past seasons, but the Patriots are 5-1, with a chance to sweep the series and create a three-game gap with the Jets.

Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson, the Jets' best defensive player, is 0-5 lifetime against Brady. Frustrated?

"It's frustrating a lot," he said. "The last two years, I've been playing these guys around my birthday [Oct. 22], and I keep having a bad birthday. Tom Brady keeps making it bad for me."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9835677/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-superman?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Look, not only does he stick up for Harvey but he responds to him too.   

Big Smelly Bear is Harvey's Mom!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

-- Sheldon Richardson

Jets blog

JetsLooking for more on

More on the Patriots

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

-- Sheldon Richardson

Jets blog

JetsLooking for more on

More on the Patriots

Harvey, you mom is on your computer again!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Jets

Rex Ryan tells NY Jets players no messing around before Patriots game Defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson says Ryan was 'most defnitely' talking about avoiding sex before Sunday's big game at MetLife Stadium. Comments (6) By Seth Walder / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 5:20 PM Updated: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 6:49 PM       32       40       0                         Print 32       40       0                               New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan speaks to the media after Jets practice at their Florham Park training facility. (Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News) Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News

Rex Ryan wants to make sure his NY Jets players are concentrating only on the Patriots.

When it comes to facing the Patriots, Ryan isn’t fooling around.

As for his players, well, that depends on who you talk to.

RELATED: TATTED REX'S KINKY INK IS WIFE'S LIKENESS IN SANCHEZ JERSEY

Ryan, in a team meeting Wednesday, told the Jets they need to be well-rested when Tom Brady and Co. hit MetLife Stadium on Sunday, and, according to Josh Cribbs, “don’t do nothing for your wife.”

Josh Cribbs has a more G-rated interpretation of Rex Ryan's message. Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News Josh Cribbs has a more G-rated interpretation of Rex Ryan's message.

For defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, that not only meant avoiding things like taking out the garbage, it also included any activities in the bedroom.

RELATED: REX RYAN GOES RUNNING WITH THE BULLS IN SPAIN...TWICE!

“Most definitely," said Richardson told the News with an ear-to-ear grin, when asked if Rex’s message included hanky panky.

Ryan later explained that his Rex talk was meant to be about household chores, not sex, but the message was still clear: focus on the Patriots and nothing else.

Rex Ryan gets a little extra pep in his step when the Patriots come around says one player. Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News Rex Ryan gets a little extra pep in his step when the Patriots come around says one player.

RELATED: MYERS: RIVAL PATRIOTS ARE JETS NEXT HURDLE

"He was like...rest your legs, you go home, don't do nothing for your wife. Say baby, next week," said Gribbs. “You'll take out the trash next week. I'll take the kids to practice next week but I've got to rest for this game.

“I'm going to tell him to put him on paper so when I give it to my wife, I can be like, Rex said that I don't got to take out the trash. So he might get a call."

RELATED: JETS' COLON EMCEE OF PATRIOT HATER'S BALL

As far as the Jets players are concerned, this is just Ryan's way of showing how much he really wants to beat the Pats.

"He's gets a little pep in his step when the Patriots come around," Richardson said. "He's itching, he's itching to beat ‘em. You get a little itch you want to scratch."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sex-rex-ryan-tells-jets-hands-wives-pats-clash-article-1.1487727#ixzz2hvyvfbcu

Man...they are terrified of losing twice in one season to TB and the Pats!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

To see this in Back to Back weeks!

GLORIOUS!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

To see this in Back to Back weeks!

GLORIOUS!!!

Yeah, for us...but not YOU Rico...er, I mean BUSTCHISE, Jet troll extraordinaire
    Guffaw, and such.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Hey smelly bear, err Harvey's momma, apparently you are not bright enough to understand that you are giving the jets trolls exactly what they come here for.  Well done! 

Sections
Shortcuts