The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

I think Phil's opinion that Geno Smith is better than any QB in this year's draft class is based on his son also being a QB on the team.

Phil is simply proud of his son as any Dad should be. His way to show it is to elevate his son by elevating Smith. Giving Jets management credit for picking Smith is a way to also give them credit for picking his son. Politically, it may be effective as it shows support for Jets management which should also help his son.

Do I agree with Phil's assessment? No! However, I understand why he gave the endorsement and, if I were him, I would do the same thing to help my son.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Query: If the Jets are supposedly so thrilled with the progress made by Geno Smith last year, than why are there no guarantees that he'll be their starter next season??: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-don-figure-pass-quarterback-article-1.1710952

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Need more proof that the Jets suck?: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/only_one_jets_player_on_nflcoms_top_101_free_agents.html

[/QUOTE]

Only one...LOL..THEY ALL SUCK!!!

I have only two words to say:

FUNKY MONKEY!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Personaly, I cannot wait to see the great Jets QB, Geno"the headphone wearing dolt" Smith go for12 TD's and 22 Int's this season! He better start smokin' that FUNKY MONKEY!!!!

I have only two words to say:

FUNKY MONKEY!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Query: If the Jets are supposedly so thrilled with the progress made by Geno Smith last year, than why are there no guarantees that he'll be their starter next season??: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-don-figure-pass-quarterback-article-1.1710952

[/QUOTE]

Why should any player be a guaranteed starter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why should any player be a guaranteed starter?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...why should Tom Brady and Peyton Manning be considered the starting QBs of their respective teams, going into training camp? It make no sense, right, Mike?? Based on your last silly post, I'm convinced that the State of Colorado made a major mistake in legalizing the use of marijuana.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Jets won their only SB in the 1968-69 season...45 long years ago. Back then:

1.) Richard Nixon was President of the United States;

2.) The war in Vietnam was still raging;

3.) Woodstock hadn't taken place;

4.) Bill Russell was named Sportsman of the Year;

5.) Ken "Hawk" Harrelson was patrolling RF for the Red Sox;

6.) George Foreman had just won the Olympic heavyweight gold medal;

7.) Mickey Mantle just completed his final season for the Yankees;

8.) Jerry West (the NBA logo) won NBA finals MVP, though losing to Celtics;

9.) The NE Patriots were still known as the Boston Patriots;

10.) Gino Cappelletti was still an active player for the Patriots;

11.) The cost of a postage stamp was 6 cents;

12.) The price of a gallon of gas ranged between 34-35 cents per gallon;

13.) The average price of a new house was less than $28,000;

14.) The cost for a dozen eggs was 62 cents;

15.) The cost of a loaf of bread was around 22 cents;

16.) The average price of a new car was less than $2500;

17.) The Nature Boy Ric Flair was a freshman at the University of Minn.,;

18.) Hulk Hogan was 15 years old;

19.) John Wayne won the Academy Award for best actor (True Grit);

20.) The Beatles had the top song, with "Something" 

LOL!!!       

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Big news for you Jets fans!! Your lovables are supposedly interested in Texans QB Matt Schaub!! Wow!!!! He'll be an improvement over Geno Smith. Oh, wait...11 TDs, but 14 picks??

One other problem...Schaub wants to start. Why would he want to come from one clown car franchise to another, to back-up a guy like Geno??: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/jets_expected_to_show_interest_in_matt_schaub_report_says.html

LOL!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Big news for you Jets fans!! Your lovables are supposedly interested in Texans QB Matt Schaub!! Wow!!!! He'll be an improvement over Geno Smith. Oh, wait...11 TDs, but 14 picks??

One other problem...Schaub wants to start. Why would he want to come from one clown car franchise to another, to back-up a guy like Geno??: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/jets_expected_to_show_interest_in_matt_schaub_report_says.html

LOL!!!!

[/QUOTE]

TP, why so obsessed with the Jets.   You reek of Queenie.  Are you once again suggesting that the Jets shouldn't bring in a proven starter and let them battle it out?  Wasn't that the mistake that they made with Sanchez?   I hear Geno is better than any QB coming out this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

TP, why so obsessed with the Jets.   You reek of Queenie.  Are you once again suggesting that the Jets shouldn't bring in a proven starter and let them battle it out?  Wasn't that the mistake that they made with Sanchez?   I hear Geno is better than any QB coming out this year.

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Talk about obsession...why are you here? Are you that obsessed with the Patriots? Are you obsessed with Rusty? Don't your beloved Broncos have a discussion forum?

The Jets have no intention of bringing in Schaub to be their starter. They are looking for a veteran back-up for Smith. If you had bothered to read up on them a bit rather than ignorantly, in true Rustoic fashion, just shoot your mouth off, you would know this.

So...you "hear that Geno Smith is better than any QB coming out this year". Well then, I guess it must be gospel...LOL!!!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Talk about obsession...why are you here? Are you that obsessed with the Patriots? Are you obsessed with Rusty? Don't your beloved Broncos have a discussion forum?

The Jets have no intention of bringing in Schaub to be their starter. They are looking for a veteran back-up for Smith. If you had bothered to read up on them a bit rather than ignorantly, in true Rustoic fashion, just shoot your mouth off, you would know this.

So...you "hear that Geno Smith is better than any QB coming out this year". Well then, I guess it must be gospel...LOL!!!   

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, this is a patsie board and YOU are the troll always posting about the Jets.  

So, you seem to post every rumor related to the Jets, but you missed this one?  Weird.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329616/article/simms-geno-smith-better-than-any-qb-in-the-2014-draft-class

Nice to see that you have this inside scoop as to what the Jets "intentions" are.  Tell me, will the Jets re-up the best DE 3-4 in the NFL, Wilkerson, this year with some of that copius cap room they have?  Where will Sanchez end up?  Will Cromartie take a pay cut?  Will the Jets trade up/trade down or sstay put in the first round?  It's so nice to have some obsessed patsie fan with all of this inside knowledge of the Jets "intentions".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In a long-anticipated move, the New York Jets released cornerback Antonio Cromartie on Sunday.

Cromartie broke the news on Twitter, thanking the Jets organization and the fan base. A $5 million roster bonus was due later in the week, forcing the Jets' hand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Time to sign the Cromartie brothers to a reasonable contract..and to give the ex-NY Jets 1,000/week in Stop&Shop food cards so all his baby mommas can feed all those kids of his!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hmmm, this is a patsie board and YOU are the troll always posting about the Jets.  

So, you seem to post every rumor related to the Jets, but you missed this one?  Weird.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329616/article/simms-geno-smith-better-than-any-qb-in-the-2014-draft-class

Nice to see that you have this inside scoop as to what the Jets "intentions" are.  Tell me, will the Jets re-up the best DE 3-4 in the NFL, Wilkerson, this year with some of that copius cap room they have?  Where will Sanchez end up?  Will Cromartie take a pay cut?  Will the Jets trade up/trade down or sstay put in the first round?  It's so nice to have some obsessed patsie fan with all of this inside knowledge of the Jets "intentions". 

Did I just read that a Denver Broncos troll just called me, a Patriots fan on our forum, a troll? You sir should never make fun of Rusty again...LOL!!

But, perhaps I'm being too hard on you. Maybe you have difficulties reading. After all, who knows what they teach in Colorado, except maybe the proper technique to roll a joint.

If you would bother to check it out, you would knlow that the Jets just cut Antonio Cromartie. Sanchez is due a $2 million dollar roster bonus if he's still a Jet by March 25th.  So, I expect that he'll be released fairly soon. As for the draft, I'd expect that the Jets would trade up or down, but only if it's the wrong move to make.

Patriots fans are of course interested in what our divisional rivals do...especially the hated Jets. Don't Broncos fans feel the same way about the Raiders and Chargers?

But, why waste my time. I and everybody else here knows that you're not truly interested in talking football...you're only here to troll.

Adios.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Jets have released Santonio Holmes: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/jets-cut-santonio-holmes/

Now, watch him go to a better team and put up numbers...LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

The Jets have released Santonio Holmes: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/jets-cut-santonio-holmes/

Now, watch him go to a better team and put up numbers...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Miami...that would be HIIIIlarious

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL!

Still cannot believe the Jets dealt a 2nd rd pick in 2010 and paid this guy 8 mil per. HE took them to the cleaners as badly as "Tone" Holmes did at 10 mil per.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/119596/analysis-dont-expect-cro-to-fly-back

9 4:15 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

A few takeaways on the  New York Jets' decision to release cornerback  Antonio Cromartie

1. Is this really goodbye? There is the possibility of re-signing Cromartie down the road, according to a source, but I don't see that happening. I think Cromartie is done in New York. Unless he's willing to return on a modest, one-year contract, what sense does it make to commit to a 30-year-old cornerback with a chronic hip condition? Cromartie was terrible last season despite making the Pro Bowl as an alternate. (What a sham that was.) I give him major props for playing through the injury, but he was a liability at times. If he were a few years younger, yeah, you would bring him back, figuring the hip would heal. But he'll be 30 next month, and the combination of age and injury makes this a no-brainer. Cromartie relies on speed, not technique. If his speed is compromised, he's not the same player. 

[+] EnlargeAntonio Cromartie AP Photo/Damian StrohmeyerThe Jets released cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who restructured his contract last year, resulting in a bloated 2014 cap figure of $14.98 million. 2. Possible replacements: The Jets might try to sell us on  Kyle Wilson as a possible replacement, but don't buy that for a second. Right now, they have only one starting-caliber cornerback on the roster --  Dee Milliner. With about $30 million in cap room, which will grow to $38 million as soon as they cut Santonio Holmes (which will happen any minute now), the Jets have plenty of flexibility to sign a top-tier free agent. On Saturday, they inquired about  Alterraun Verner of the Tennessee Titans. He and the  New England PatriotsAqib Talib will be the best cornerbacks on the market, assuming they don't re-sign before Tuesday. I think the Jets should make a push for Verner, only 25, coming off his first Pro Bowl. He could cost $10 million a year, but you would rather go long term with a player entering his prime than re-up with a banged-up player at the beginning of his downside. 

3. It had to be done: Cromartie told teammates at the end of the season that he expected to be a cap casualty, and he later articulated that view in a TV interview. When Cromartie restructured his contract last year, he pushed money into 2014, resulting in a bloated cap figure of $14.98 million. That included a prohibitive $5 million roster bonus, due this week. Obviously, there was no chance he'd remain on the team at those numbers. By cutting Cromartie, the Jets will have a $9.5 million cap savings. Now Cromartie can test his value on the open market, hoping to convince teams he's healthy and still explosive. A young and healthy Cromartie was always the best athlete on the field. 

4. Dynamic duo ... gone: In 2010 and 2011, the Jets had one of the premier cornerback tandems in the league, Cromartie and  Darrelle Revis, who missed most of the 2012 season with a knee injury. In a span of 11 months, general manager John Idzik broke up the two-man band, trading Revis to the  Tampa Bay Buccaneers and cutting Cromartie. He had better hope Milliner is the real deal, or else the defense is in big trouble. 

5. As the Cro flies: Favorite Cromartie memory? That's easy. It was his 47-yard kickoff return in the 2010 wild-card game against the  Indianapolis Colts. Basically, he won the game, putting  Mark Sanchez & Co. in great field position and setting up  Nick Folk's game-winning field goal as time expired. Cromartie wanted the ball in that spot, and the coaches gave it to him, knowing he could break a long one. He was capable of greatness, but too often he aggravated the coaches with his mental lapses. There was "good Cro and bad Cro," as former defensive coordinator Mike Pettine once said.[/QUOTE]

I know! Right?  Can you believe that they traded for Holmes who was a primary reason that they beat Manning and Brady and made it to the AFC championship game.  Just think, if they didn't give up that 2nd rounder..... they could have drafted BustI Dowling!  Bwahhahaahahahahahahaha!  Oh Queenie, new name, same old idiot.  Pathetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!

Still cannot believe the Jets dealt a 2nd rd pick in 2010 and paid this guy 8 mil per. HE took them to the cleaners as badly as "Tone" Holmes did at 10 mil per.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/119596/analysis-dont-expect-cro-to-fly-back

A few takeaways on the  New York Jets' decision to release cornerback  Antonio Cromartie

1. Is this really goodbye? There is the possibility of re-signing Cromartie down the road, according to a source, but I don't see that happening. I think Cromartie is done in New York. Unless he's willing to return on a modest, one-year contract, what sense does it make to commit to a 30-year-old cornerback with a chronic hip condition? Cromartie was terrible last season despite making the Pro Bowl as an alternate. (What a sham that was.) I give him major props for playing through the injury, but he was a liability at times. If he were a few years younger, yeah, you would bring him back, figuring the hip would heal. But he'll be 30 next month, and the combination of age and injury makes this a no-brainer. Cromartie relies on speed, not technique. If his speed is compromised, he's not the same player. 

[+] EnlargeAntonio Cromartie AP Photo/Damian StrohmeyerThe Jets released cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who restructured his contract last year, resulting in a bloated 2014 cap figure of $14.98 million. 2. Possible replacements: The Jets might try to sell us on  Kyle Wilson as a possible replacement, but don't buy that for a second. Right now, they have only one starting-caliber cornerback on the roster --  Dee Milliner. With about $30 million in cap room, which will grow to $38 million as soon as they cut Santonio Holmes (which will happen any minute now), the Jets have plenty of flexibility to sign a top-tier free agent. On Saturday, they inquired about  Alterraun Verner of the Tennessee Titans. He and the  New England PatriotsAqib Talib will be the best cornerbacks on the market, assuming they don't re-sign before Tuesday. I think the Jets should make a push for Verner, only 25, coming off his first Pro Bowl. He could cost $10 million a year, but you would rather go long term with a player entering his prime than re-up with a banged-up player at the beginning of his downside. 

3. It had to be done: Cromartie told teammates at the end of the season that he expected to be a cap casualty, and he later articulated that view in a TV interview. When Cromartie restructured his contract last year, he pushed money into 2014, resulting in a bloated cap figure of $14.98 million. That included a prohibitive $5 million roster bonus, due this week. Obviously, there was no chance he'd remain on the team at those numbers. By cutting Cromartie, the Jets will have a $9.5 million cap savings. Now Cromartie can test his value on the open market, hoping to convince teams he's healthy and still explosive. A young and healthy Cromartie was always the best athlete on the field. 

4. Dynamic duo ... gone: In 2010 and 2011, the Jets had one of the premier cornerback tandems in the league, Cromartie and  Darrelle Revis, who missed most of the 2012 season with a knee injury. In a span of 11 months, general manager John Idzik broke up the two-man band, trading Revis to the  Tampa Bay Buccaneers and cutting Cromartie. He had better hope Milliner is the real deal, or else the defense is in big trouble. 

5. As the Cro flies: Favorite Cromartie memory? That's easy. It was his 47-yard kickoff return in the 2010 wild-card game against the  Indianapolis Colts. Basically, he won the game, putting  Mark Sanchez & Co. in great field position and setting up  Nick Folk's game-winning field goal as time expired. Cromartie wanted the ball in that spot, and the coaches gave it to him, knowing he could break a long one. He was capable of greatness, but too often he aggravated the coaches with his mental lapses. There was "good Cro and bad Cro," as former defensive coordinator Mike Pettine once said.[/QUOTE]

I know! Right?  Can you believe that they traded for Holmes who was a primary reason that they beat Manning and Brady and made it to the AFC championship game.  Just think, if they didn't give up that 2nd rounder..... they could have drafted BustI Dowling!  Bwahhahaahahahahahahaha!  Oh Queenie, new name, same old idiot.  Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

DO you mean "back to back FInal Fours"?

bahwhaah

abwbaahah

Only a moron would call the conference title games "Final Fours". Absolutely cannot be made up. It just can't.

Bustchise thinks it's the NCAA basketball tournament.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

No, actually, Bean Queen, I do not.  Holmes did not arrive until after the first one.  Nice try, idiot.  Bludgeoned again!  I guess that makes me "Bustchise".  Bwhahahahahaha!  Loser!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

DO you mean "back to back FInal Fours"?

bahwhaah

abwbaahah

Only a moron would call the conference title games "Final Fours". Absolutely cannot be made up. It just can't.

Bustchise thinks it's the NCAA basketball tournament.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of "cannot be made up", once again when the Bean Queen gets bludgeoned he/she turns to things having nothing to do with the topic.  Just like last week when you couldn't defend McCourty getting worse since his rookie year and then getting demoted you tried your sad deflection.  Now, it's all about the term the NFL uses every year, "THE FINAL FOUR" .  What a loser.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Those lovable NY Jets seemingly can't win, no matter what. Last year, they traded Darrelle Revis to the Bucs. Part of the compensation was Tampa's  4th round pick this year, which would blossom into a 3rd round pick if Revis landed on Tampa's roster in 2014. Well...that apparently will not happen, as it seems certain that Revis will be released by the Bucs on Wednesday: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/report-absent-a-trade-bucs-will-cut-revis-on-wednesday/

LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Those lovable NY Jets seemingly can't win, no matter what. Last year, they traded Darrelle Revis to the Bucs. Part of the compensation was Tampa's  4th round pick this year, which would blossom into a 3rd round pick if Revis landed on Tampa's roster in 2014. Well...that apparently will not happen, as it seems certain that Revis will be released by the Bucs on Wednesday: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/report-absent-a-trade-bucs-will-cut-revis-on-wednesday/

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

By "just can't win" do you mean got the NFL DROY in return for unloading Revis's contract.  Did you take some of that Brockton water with you to Beaumont? You freakin moron.  But I do like to see that you are still obsessed with posting about the Jets on a patsie board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

Cannot be made up!  Their best draft pick in decades sabotages the entire franchise for decades. Priceless!

[/QUOTE]

Oh, please tell us, Queenie Beannie, just how is it that Revis has "sabotages the entire franchise for decades"  Can we assume that you lack the sack to back up your meaningless drivel?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

Cannot be made up!  Their best draft pick in decades sabotages the entire franchise for decades. Priceless!

[/QUOTE]

By "sabotage" did you mean have the best CB in the game for a few years on a top D, then unload him as he leaves his prime for a first round pick? Oh, ok, that makes sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Tears!

Jets with 40 million in cap space will lose their own FA priority in RT Austin Howard, and now are wasting time with Vick.

Cannot be made up. Imagine Geno Bust and Mikey Bust both thinking they're worthy of being a starter?

TEars!

MAR 11 5:05 PM ET By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

After only one hour of free agency, the  New York Jets are targeting at least two quarterbacks --  Michael Vick and  Josh McCown, according to a league source. 

The Jets have a definite interest in Vick, the source said. In an ideal world, they'd like to wrap it up quickly, but the former Philadelphia Eagles starter will have other suitors. 

Ditto for McCown, who is scheduled to visit the  Tampa Bay BuccaneersHouston Texansand Jets -- in that order. The feeling around the league is that McCown, wildly successful last season when he replaced the injured  Chicago Bears starter  Jay Cutler, could land with the Bucs. No visit has been set up with Vick and the Jets, but there appears to be mutual interest. 

The Jets are looking for an experienced quarterback to compete with  Geno Smith.[/QUOTE]

So, Queenie, what you're saying is that Austin Howard is so good that the Jets should have paid him whatever he wanted?  Are you now suggesting that if you have 40 mil in cap space, you should not spend wisely?  What a weird inconsistency in your deep understanding of the cap.  But then again, you are an idiot.