The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

This one never gets old,,,,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

More memories of a dysfunctional franchise...lol 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

This one never gets old,,,,

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

More memories of a dysfunctional franchise...lol 

Strange things happen to even the most respected of players, when they hop aboard the clown car and put on that green and white jersey...LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

You provide the caption for Idzig/Rex photo...LOL!!:

new york jets john idzik.jpg

"Well, Rexie here has all kinds of photos on Woody Johnson so he can never be fired even if he sucks as a head coach and leader of a locker room.  So, that leaves me holding the bag. I just wanted a raise, so that's why I left Seattle."

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

"Rex and I agree that now that we've added QB Michael Vick to our squad, there's no reason for Jets fans to expect anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl!" 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

"Rex and I are good pals, despite our differences on personnel matters and coaching style." 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

"I said to my pal Rex here "Well, as long as you have a tatoo of your wife wearing a Sanchise jersey on your arm, I'll get a tatoo of your lips right on my A_S because that's what you're gonna have to do to keep your job in the future, "ol Buddy!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

A Jets fan summarizes the Mark Sanchez era ( or is it error?), as follows:

"I for one am glad the Jets released Mark Sanchez, but from the looks of it, not for the same reason.

Sanchez was a victim.  Hold the laughter because he was.  The Jets when they drafted him had a stout defense and a core of offensive help to surround him.  They didn't ask him to be the savior and only to be a good game manager.  Sanchez did so and led them to two AFC championship games in his first two seasons.  That's not "Bust" material.  If you think that is, I strongly suggest you divest yourself of anything football related in the real world and stick to Madden 25 or find another sport.

So what happened? First, let's start with dissembling what was around him.  Not resigning key offensive linemen - or drafting competent new ones. Second, not keeping a continuum of sure handed WRs and good RBs.  Third, for some reason, the very smart OC (whose name I won't mention) suddenly turned incredibly dumb and became pass happy.  That OC suddenly started thinking having Sanchez throw 45-60 times a game was the perfect game plan against everyone.  Parse that against a weakened offensive line and you the recipe for the what became known as the butt fumble.

Sanchez isn't a bad QB, but he's a damaged QB - confidence wise.  The perfect scenario would be for him to get out of that mess called the NY Jets and go elsewhere.  His career will bounce back and the Jets will still be that Soap Opera on Broadway that people keep buying tickets for.  A soap opera? Yes, if you think Michael Vick and his one year deal was signed to be Geno's backup, then stand by. Bernie Madoff has some stock for you to buy." http://awards.cnnsi.com/nfl/news/20140322/new-york-jets-release-mark-sanchez/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Sanchez isn't a bad QB . .  

No . . .   but seriously . . .   he is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Sanchez isn't a bad QB . .  

No . . .   but seriously . . .   he is.

RESPONSE: If you bothered to read my post, that quote was from a Jets fan, not from me. Did I say that I necessarily agreed with him?

Still, there is some truth to what he said. Sanchez will never be confused with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But he did take two Jets teams to the AFC title game, in 2009 and 2010. His game regressed when, as the Jets fan pointed out, his OL got old and ineffective, and his offensive weaponry diminished.

Jets management was short-sighted, being so intent on beating the Patriots at all costs...immediately. They spent most of their top picks in the Sanchez era on defense. Vlad Ducasse, a fairly high 2nd round pick out of UMass, could never replace OG Alan Faneca. RT Wayne Hunter was a disaster. Yet, Jets management never bothered to upgrade.

Much to their chagrin, the Jets spent a 6th round draft choice and a ton of money to snare Steelers' WR Santonio Holmes. Even on the rare occasion where Santonio was healthy, he was awful. TE Dustin Keller's promising career was severely stunted due to injury. Bad decisions on overrated and overaged RBs left the cubboard bare at that position, in 2012.

Only the all-time greats like Brady can make lemonaid out of lemons.       

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Good morning, guys and gals! It's a slow time of year to talk football, with the NFL draft still six (6) weels away. So...I suggest that we once against amuse ourselves by talking about those lovable NY Football Jets! Today's topic is the Jets' off-season. How would y'all grade GM's John Idzig's performance, thus far?: A, B, C, D, or Forgetaboutit??

Cited below is a fairly optimistic piece which gives Idzig a "C", based primarily on his signings of WR Eric Decker, and QB Michael Vick, a/k/a Ron Mexico. Sorry, but I don't like either of these signings for the Green Goblins. Decker to me is a vastly overrated, #2 WR. I see the 34 year old Vick as injury prone, well past his prime, and seemingly is a waste of time for a team that badly needs to discover a franchise QB. Accordingly, I give Idzig a big, fat Forgetaboutit!!! I welcome your thoughts.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/4/3/5580120/new-york-jets-grade-the-offseason-so-far?utm_source=ganggreennation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here is a comment from a Jets fan, after learning that the Bills had acquired WR Mike Williams for a 6th round pick, from Tampa Bay:

"Come on already. Make a move Izdik. This is getting old. Everyone
    is trying to improve their team. You are just watching!" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/report-bills-acquire-mike-williams-for-a-sixth-round-pick/

LOL!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Jests are $26mil. under the cap. Will they be a player for RB Chris Johnson? Time will tell: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/04/how_aggressively_will_jets_pursue_running_back_chris_johnson.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

And the clown car continues to roll on, even during the offseason. Apparently, a petition has been drafted to ban Michael Vick from the Jets' preseason training camp facility due to his dog fighting conviction. Over 2000 people have allegedly signed it. I kid you not: http://nypost.com/2014/04/07/fans-petition-suny-cortland-to-block-vick-from-training-camp/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

And the clown car continues to roll on, even during the offseason. Apparently, a petition has been drafted to ban Michael Vick from the Jets' preseason training camp facility due to his dog fighting conviction. Over 2000 people have allegedly signed it. I kid you not: http://nypost.com/2014/04/07/fans-petition-suny-cortland-to-block-vick-from-training-camp/

Man, the ASPCA types are as nuts as the pro gun folks.....don't get on their bad sides....but you can bet dollars to dog collars that if Ron Mexico starts bad, every NYC news outlet will destroy the guy and the sports news broadacsts, radio shows and newspapers will showcase the protesters carrying signs and pickiting outside home games all season long...

The NY Jets...the clown car gift that keeps giving to Jets hating fans all across this shiny globe...45 years of clown car disaster and ribald humor at NY Jets fan's expense...

VIVA RON MEXICO!!!!!!!!

OLE'!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The petition to keep Vick, a/k/a Ron Mexico away from the Jets training camp facility now has 3,500 signatures: http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/08/petition-michael-vick-jets-training-camp-suny-cortland/?xid=si_nfl

LOL!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Since the days of good ol' Broadway Joe, the New York Football Jets have made numerous missteps regarding the quarterback position. But, none may be so dumb as the signing of Ron Mexico, a/k/a Michael Vick. 

The Jets are supposedly building for the future. So, how does bringing aboard a 34 year old, extremely injury prone QB to potentially challenge Geno Smith for the starting job fit in to that? Wouldn't it be wiser for them to sink or swim with Geno, rather than destroy his confidence, by turning their offense over to a veteran with rapidly declining skills, and no NFL future?

The main problems with Geno is that he is turnover prone, averaging 1.75 turnovers per game. However, in Mr. Mexico's last two seasons as the starting QB in Philadelphia (2011-12), he had averaged 1.85 and 2.1 turnovers per game. This past season, Geno actually had a higher completion percentage, and ran for more TDs, than Mr. Mexico's has in his last three seasons, combined.

I'm not saying that Geno is the Jets' answer at QB. I don't think he is. But, he has some upside, which makes him a much better bet to stabilize the QB situation than Mr. Mexico. 

The level of incompetence in the Jets' franchise regarding the QB position continues to be astounding. Though they claim that they are rebuilding for the future, they remain in a football "twilight zone". They are caught between the idea of rebuilding, and somehow throwing a seasonal "hail mary", which will allow them to upend their bitter rivals, the Patriots.

But, hoping that Mr. Mexico can stay healthy for a complete season, turn back the clock, and become the player he was at age 25, is delusional. Adding Mr. Mexico is a worse decision than the much maligned Tim Tebow trade, and experiment.  

Even if Geno retains his starting job, having Mr. Mexico on the sidelines creates an instant QB controversy, and will have Geno constantly looking over his shoulder. This can only serve to weaken the chances of the young Jets' QB developing into a solid NFL starter: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/03/21/new-york-jets-make-huge-mistake-with-michael-vick-signing/   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The clown car continues to roll, as the Jets reportedly will be making an  "organizational decision" to decide the issue at QB, between Ron Mexico, a/k/a Michael Vick, and Geno Smith. Presumably, Jets GM John Idzig will have a say in this decision. How much of a say is unknown. But, the fact that a so called "organizational decision" is to be made would seem to indicate that this will not be Rex Ryan's decision.

If Vick is selected to start, as I suspect he will, expect the Jets to draft a QB in May...and expect Geno to be gone within a year: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/09/for-jets-organizational-decision-coming-at-quarterback/ 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Oh, what a shocker!  TexasJet is still obsessed with the Jets.  Hmmmm, 50+ pages in this thread and 42 are from TexasJet.  

Tell me again why the team shouldn't have competition at every position.  And tell me more about the great string of patsie QBs who are not named Tom Brady.  And while you're at it, explain how BB is by himself in NE making every decision without speaking to anyone else.  What a tool you are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Oh, what a shocker!  TexasJet is still obsessed with the Jets.  Hmmmm, 50+ pages in this thread and 42 are from TexasJet.  

Tell me again why the team shouldn't have competition at every position.  And tell me more about the great string of patsie QBs who are not named Tom Brady.  And while you're at it, explain how BB is by himself in NE making every decision without speaking to anyone else.  What a tool you are.

I see that my criticisms of the Jets making an "organizational decision" on who should play QB for them has struck a nerve. So sorry, Mike. It must be so emotially distressful to be a fan of this clown-car operated team.

But hey Cochise...don't blame me for my observations. Apparently, others feel as I do about bringing Mr. Mexico aboard: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/03/21/new-york-jets-make-huge-mistake-with-michael-vick-signing/

You tell me, Mike. Do you think that the Jets would be wiser going with Ron Mexico, a/k/a Michael Vick at QB...or Geno Smith??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I see that my criticisms of the Jets making an "organizational decision" on who should play QB for them has struck a nerve. So sorry, Mike. It must be so emotially distressful to be a fan of this clown-car operated team.

But hey Cochise...don't blame me for my observations. Apparently, others feel as I do about bringing Mr. Mexico aboard: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/03/21/new-york-jets-make-huge-mistake-with-michael-vick-signing/

You tell me, Mike. Do you think that the Jets would be wiser going with Ron Mexico, a/k/a Michael Vick at QB...or Geno Smith??

Hey, Texas Jet.... I see that you can't back up a single statement.  Shocking!  

Whaaaaaaat?  You were able to dig up a story on the highly respected "Rantsports.com"? Whoa! Must be true, then.  Cause I bet that you couldn't find a story about every player that any team signed or didn't sign that somebody disagrees with how it went down.  What an idiot you are.

Considering that you are too much a pooosy to answer the question about teams promoting competition, I'll go ahead and answer your stupid question.  The Jets would be wisest going with the QB that plays the best, you freakin tool. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hey, Texas Jet.... I see that you can't back up a single statement.  Shocking!  

Whaaaaaaat?  You were able to dig up a story on the highly respected "Rantsports.com"? Whoa! Must be true, then.  Cause I bet that you couldn't find a story about every player that any team signed or didn't sign that somebody disagrees with how it went down.  What an idiot you are.

Considering that you are too much a pooosy to answer the question about teams promoting competition, I'll go ahead and answer your stupid question.  The Jets would be wisest going with the QB that plays the best, you freakin tool. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow I hope they can find one.

Sections
Shortcuts