The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eagles star RB LeSean McCoy was recently asked about the QB controversy with the NY Jets, involving Geno Smith and Michael Vick. To which, he replied, "Michael Vick is way better...it's not even close."

This statement was hilarious for two reasons:

1.) Vick is not a good QB anymore. He's a 34 year old, injury prone, turnover prone has-been, with accuracy issues;

2.) If Vick is far better than Geno Smith, what does this say about the Jets "QB of the future"??

LOL!!!!    

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaat?  Texas Jet posting about what some eagles player said about Vick & Smith?  I'm shocked.  Is anyone more obsessed with the Jets than TJ?  All this on a patsie forum?  Weird.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Eagles star RB LeSean McCoy was recently asked about the QB controversy with the NY Jets, involving Geno Smith and Michael Vick. To which, he replied, "Michael Vick is way better...it's not even close."

1.) Vick is not a good QB anymore. He's a 34 year old, injury prone, turnover prone has-been, with accuracy issues;

2.) If Vick is far better than Geno Smith, what does this say about the Jets "QB of the future"??

LOL!!!!    

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaat?  Texas Jet posting about what some eagles player said about Vick & Smith?  I'm shocked.  Is anyone more obsessed with the Jets than TJ?  All this on a patsie forum?  Weird.

[/QUOTE]

Is there anything more ironic than you, as a Jets fan, incessantly whining about what Patriots fans say on a Patriots fan forum?  

I'll help you out:  The answer is no.  You're an idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!!!!    

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is there anything more ironic than you, as a Jets fan, incessantly whining about what Patriots fans say on a Patriots fan forum?  

[/QUOTE]

Patsie fan? Texas Jet is a Jet fan.  So, what you're saying is that you want Jet fans like Texas Jet here obsessively posting about the soap opera style Jet news?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Irish...I don't know whether "ironic" is the right word for our easily offended pal, Mike. Pathetic seems to be more on point.

LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Bustchise is also using his uncle rico moniker again.  He even added a quote from napoleon dynamite as a sig.

What a tool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Irish...I don't know whether "ironic" is the right word for our easily offended pal, Mike. Pathetic seems to be more on point.

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows it's pathetic.  It's highlarious to see him constantly make a fool of himself.  The irony is that he comes here to whine about Pats fans making fun of the lowly Jets, but yet his very existence here is to try to talk garbage about the Pats....on a Pats fan forum.  The guy redefines stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jests OC Monty Mornhigweg says that there's no QB controversy in NY. Geno Smith will get the majority of the first team snaps.

Sure Monty, sure. By mid-season, it will be a zoo. LOL!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  you sure got under his skin.  Kinda like I did with metro-tool (Jints).  Bravo sir... Bravo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you sure got under his skin.  Kinda like I did with metro-tool (Jints).  Bravo sir... Bravo.

[/QUOTE]

Always love your owning of good ole Jints.  It takes a lot of courage to stand up to such an authoritarian board cop ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you sure got under his skin.  Kinda like I did with metro-tool (Jints).  Bravo sir... Bravo.

[/QUOTE]

Always love your owning of good ole Jints.  It takes a lot of courage to stand up to such an authoritarian board cop ;)

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ive got one of my offices wall papered in tickets. Wait till the day they trust him with handcuffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Even former Jets players can't bhelp but take potshots at the "new" New York Jets. This from former Jets star DT, Joe Klecko, on Quinton Coples, "...he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane."

Folks, you can't this stuff up...LOL!!! http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/klecko-quinton-coples-tarzan-plays-jane-article-1.1777281

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

All this and Ron Mexico wanting to wear "#1" on his jersey...LMAO...numero UNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VIVA RON MEXICO, SENOR~ NUMERO UNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imagine to not-so-subtle message that sends to our dear friend Geno "Appalachian Moron" Smith?!!!

No sir, you cannot make this stuff up...next up with his mouth, Coach Ryan...

BWAHAHAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Even former Jets players can't bhelp but take potshots at the "new" New York Jets. This from former Jets star DT, Joe Klecko, on Quinton Coples, "...he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane."

Folks, you can't this stuff up...LOL!!! http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/klecko-quinton-coples-tarzan-plays-jane-article-1.1777281" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/klecko-quinton-coples-tarzan-plays-jane-article-1.1777281

[/QUOTE]

What? texas jet is still obsessed with the jets on a patsie forum? Shocking!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

For the latest on the NY Football Jets, see below!. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The NY Jets have just signed QB Vinny Testaverde to gin up competition for the starting QB job. Commenting on the signing, Rex Ryan stated, "We love Vinny's experience! He should help our football team, either as a back-up, or in a starting role. Though NY sportswriters question whether Testaverde, at age 50, still has anything left, Ryan was quoted as saying, "Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins is 50, yet still fighting at a championship level. Perhaps Vinny can be our Alien."

Asked about his comeback, Testaverde said, "Hey...50 is only a number. You're as old as you feel, and I feel great! I've been working out harder than ever, and still feel that I still have the arm strength necessary to get the job done. I look forward to the QB competition at camp, and look forward to regaining my job as QB of the NY Jets."

In a related story, the Jets have petitioned Commissioner Roger Goodell for permission to grant Testaverde's wish to don uniform #50 this season. "It's seems appropriate", chuckled Rex Ryan. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Whaaat? Texas jet is still posting about the Jets on a patsie forum? Shocking!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/24/butt-fumble-jersey-generates-more-than-pocket-change/related/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/24/butt-fumble-jersey-generates-more-than-pocket-change/related/

Butt fumble jersey generates more than pocket change
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 24, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
    Getty Images

It’s one of the most notorious moments in NFL history. And a Jets fan now owns a piece of it.
    According to Kristian Dyer of Yahoo Sports, Jake Hendrickson recently purchased the jersey worn by former Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez on November 22, 2012.
    On that night, the Jets hosted the Patriots. During that game, Sanchez ran into the rear end of former Jets guard Brandon Moore, sparking what will forever be known as the “Butt Fumble.”

The auction didn’t point out that the game-worn jersey came from the “Butt Fumble” game. If it had, it would have perhaps gotten more attention before the bidding closed, and in turn it would have generated a higher winning bid.

Hendrickson wanted to be sure that the power of the Butt Fumble didn’t end up in the wrong hands.
    “There’s no way I could let it get in the hands of an anti-fan or something of that manner to be shoved in our face,” Hendrickson said. “The auction itself had like five days left on it before it closed so basically I set an alarm on my calendar to remind me an hour before so I could be at my computer. I was prepared for an all-out bidding war. There were a couple other people I was bidding against but it being the offseason I don’t think there were many people looking for football memorabilia so it didn’t go nearly as high as I had anticipated.”
    The jersey will be framed and displayed by Hendrickson. But for how long?

“Until we win a Super Bowl or I can get together enough money to put it on a rocket ship and shoot it to outer space because I don’t think it belongs on this planet anymore,” Hendrickson said.
    That would definitely give new meaning to the term “space junk.”

Well you just have to love the NFL's gift of laughter, the NY Jets. Even their fans can't do an auction the right way. Any NE fan would have tripled what was paid for that jersey worn by El Hobre' Terrible' that night. That Jets fan was wise to grab it up cheap to keep a Pats fan from getting it. It would have been encased in glass and paraded around The Razor like a holy shrine before every home game with the Jets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

What??? Vick is going to start for the Jets over Geno? I heard that Vinny Testaverde was going to make a comeback and challenge for the job??

LOL!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    It’s one of the most notorious moments in NFL history. And a Jets fan now owns a piece of it.
    According to Kristian Dyer of Yahoo Sports, Jake Hendrickson recently purchased the jersey worn by former Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez on November 22, 2012.
    On that night, the Jets hosted the Patriots. During that game, Sanchez ran into the rear end of former Jets guard Brandon Moore, sparking what will forever be known as the “Butt Fumble.”

The auction didn’t point out that the game-worn jersey came from the “Butt Fumble” game. If it had, it would have perhaps gotten more attention before the bidding closed, and in turn it would have generated a higher winning bid.

[/QUOTE]

And how much for Rex Ryan's Sanchize tattoo?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Geno Busts's rookie numbers were even worse than I susected. WIth Vick hovering and his ego exploding thinking he's entitled to start this should be an utter joy to watch this summer and into preseason.

Vick recently call his skills ""unbelievable" and his talent "uncanny".  LOL!

Deciphering Vick's comments on QB race
    May, 23, 2014
    MAY 23
    11:30
    AM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com
    RECOMMEND12TWEET4COMMENTS7EMAILPRINT
    A few thoughts on Michael Vick's comments from Thursday, his first face-to-face meeting with the New York media since signing with the New York Jets:

Vick
    Vick
    1. I don't think Vick was complaining about the non-open quarterback competition, as he described it. If he was complaining, he changed his tune. When he signed in March, he said, "I wouldn't say I'd necessarily be OK with sitting on the bench, but I know what I signed up for." Unless the Jets altered the ground rules between March and now (I don't think they did), Vick's comments Thursday were consistent with his stance from the outset. This time, he was just a little more ... um, candid.

2. Don't think for a second that Vick has surrendered any chance of becoming the Jets' starter. It may not happen by Week 1, but he still sees himself as an elite player. He has "unbelievable talent and uncanny skill" (his words) for a 33-year-old quarterback, and he told the New York Daily News he's capable of taking the Jets to the Super Bowl. I don't know the man, but if he's any kind of competitor, he's probably telling himself he's better than Geno Smith and will get his shot in due time. In the meantime, Vick is being politically correct.

3. I can't imagine that Vick's comments ("It's not an open competition") went over well with general manager John Idzik, whose entire philosophical platform is built on competition.

4. Leave it to the Jets to muddy a quarterback situation by sending mixed messages. Is it a competition or not? The only people in the building giving straight answers are the players; they recognize Smith as the current starter. Why won't the organization acknowledge it? Two reasons: It would violate an Idzik commandment ("Thou shalt not anoint starters in the offseason") and it leaves the Jets some wiggle room in case Smith bombs in the preseason.

Francisco Garcia Parra
    I don't understand why Vick needs to say or not say anything. Geno had the 3rd worst completion percentage in the league in 2013, at 55.8. He threw 21 interceptions, the fourth most on 400-something odd attempts. Those are bottom-of-the-barrel numbers. New flash - He isn't a starting quarterback, NY Jets!!
    Reply · · May 23 at 8:45am

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/39311/deciphering-vicks-comments-on-qb-race

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And how much for Rex Ryan's Sanchize tattoo?

[/QUOTE]

I bet he sells it after he's fired after this season! LMFAO!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

When the Jets signed Vick, I knew we'd be in for a treat. I just didn't know it would be this soon.  bahwha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Russ is right . . .   the Jests are always funny . . .  but does anyone besides me remember that losing to that joke of a team turned out to be the difference between hosting the conference championship and having to fly to Denver to get our @sses kicked  by everyone's favorite deuschebag quarterback in that perennial chamber of horrors?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

None of you seem to see the profound insight that the Jets "brain trust" has made. Vicky gets to be a RB who can throw when Gena is at QB and Gena gets to play WR when Vicky is at QB. They will figure out who should play QB by finding out whether Vicky is a better RB than Gena is a WR. Brilliant!

Sections
Shortcuts