The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

"The New York Jets head coach compared 5-foot-7, 167-pound cornerback Jeremy Reeves to three-time All-Pro, five-time Pro Bowl selection and current New England Patriot Darrelle Revis on Wednesday after organized team activities."

http://nesn.com/2014/06/rex-ryan-compares-undrafted-rookie-cornerback-to-darrelle-revis/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/06/rex-ryan-compares-undrafted-rookie-cornerback-to-darrelle-revis/

Actually he's 5' 6 1/2".  Flyweight cornerbacks tend to get injured long before they ever get good.

Rookie.  Undrafted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^LOL!

I'll never forget Fattie standing up in camp and putting Revis on a pedastal during one of Revis's holdouts.

Priceless.  Revis sat home watching his price go up.

Look at Sanchez and Revis's money in NY and what the Jets got from it. LMAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^LOL!

I'll never forget Fattie standing up in camp and putting Revis on a pedastal during one of Revis's holdouts.

[/QUOTE]

I'll never forgot BB's panic in his "all in" 2014 mode, desperately trying to repair a horrible pass D and signing the "overrated" Revis after his blown out ACL for 12 mil, having to mortgage 2015 in order to fit him under the cap.  I guess the vets just want to play for BB.  It's not about the money or anything.  Bwahahahahahahahaha!

BLudgeoned over and over again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^LOL!

[/QUOTE]

I'll never forgot BB's panic in his "all in" 2014 mode, desperately trying to repair a horrible pass D and signing the "overrated" Revis after his blown out ACL for 12 mil, having to mortgage 2015 in order to fit him under the cap.  I guess the vets just want to play for BB.  It's not about the money or anything.  Bwahahahahahahahaha!

BLudgeoned over and over again.

[/QUOTE]

NE's Pass D blew away the JEts in 2014.  Even NE's bench players made up a better D. Your D gave up far more points and were 2nd WORST in the NFL in generating turnovers. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Rex Ryan never learns.  I hope he stays the head coach for the Jests another 6 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Rex Ryan never learns.  I hope he stays the head coach for the Jests another 6 years.

Yes, the Jests never learn. To become a consistent winner and SB threat requires that a team have a good starting QB. Does Ryan and his minions seriously expect to contend with the daily double of Geno Smith and Ron Mexico at the helm of their offense?

Since the days of Broadway Joe long ago, the list of Goblin QBs has been a joke. From Richard Todd, to Ken O'Brien, to Browning Nagle, to Neil O'Donnell, to the immortal Ray Lucas, to Vinny Testaverde, to Chad Pennington, to Brooks Bollinger, to Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez, to the current Smith/Mexico tandem...a complete joke!

As a result? No championships since 1968...and counting.

LOL!!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

RON MEH-HE-COE!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The sports world has never been happier than when this clown came down with herpes so we all could get to love the name "Ron Mexico"

Only the Jets could pull this off...the single biggest running joke in the NFL since 1969, and even THEY know it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)
    6/11/14, 12:10 PM

Rex Ryan on Jets rookie Calvin Pryor's stance about hating Tom Brady & the Patriots: "I like it... He knows who the enemy is."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rex Ryan on Jets rookie Calvin Pryor's stance about hating Tom Brady & the Patriots: "I like it... He knows who the enemy is."

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

i think he had no choice but to defend him.  How ya been Rocky?  Haven't seen you around much. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

i think he had no choice but to defend him.  How ya been Rocky?  Haven't seen you around much. 

[/QUOTE]

I am doing..... Trying to figure out what I am forgetting as I pack for the jungle of Indonesia, my friend is a missionary. Hoping with my day layover in Bali I will see a Denver Broncos 2013 Super Bowl Champions at a market and that I can buy it and wear to work when I get back!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rex ryan is one of the worst head coaches in the league right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I am doing..... Trying to figure out what I am forgetting as I pack for the jungle of Indonesia, my friend is a missionary. Hoping with my day layover in Bali I will see a Denver Broncos 2013 Super Bowl Champions at a market and that I can buy it and wear to work when I get back!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ha ha. That's good. I'm in Chicago on the way back from Germany. Safe travels

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Tears!

Highly sought after 2013 FA signing by the Jets, Mike Goodson (does anyone even know who this guy is?), has skipped mandatory camp for the Jets.

Absolutely cannot be made up.

When I easily won the bet I had with RKrap last March, this was the Jets prize FA signing next to Antonoio GAray. Neither really played.  lol

Good thing the Jets had all that cap room last year and were planning so well for so many years in recent seasons.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11098629/mike-goodson-new-york-jets-misses-mandatory-minicamp" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11098629/mike-goodson-new-york-jets-misses-mandatory-minicamp

LORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Troubled running back Mike Goodson didn't show up Tuesday for mandatory minicamp, and the New York Jets have no idea why.

A miffed Rex Ryan said neither he nor anyone in the organization has talked to Goodson, who still faces a weapons-possession charge stemming from his arrest last year. Previously, Goodson skipped the 10 voluntary practices without informing the team of his whereabouts.

"I recognize the fact that he's not here, and that situation will be dealt with," Ryan said after practice.

Goodson's days with the team appear numbered. His off-field issues have been a major headache for the Jets, who signed him last year as a free agent for $6.9 million over three years.

Mike Goodson
    AP Photo/Bill Kostroun
    Mike Goodson skipped the Jets' mandatory minicamp Tuesday and is subject to a fine.
    Minicamp is a mandatory team activity, so Goodson is subject to a fine, according to the collective bargaining agreement. The maximum fine is $69,455 if he is a no-show for all three days.

Ryan noted that he has never had a player miss a mandatory minicamp, cracking that even former Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis showed up during his contract squabbles. Revis, though, missed the 2010 training camp because of a holdout.

"That's a good question. I don't know," Ryan said when asked to explain Goodson's absence.

Ryan spoke cryptically when asked if cutting Goodson is a possibility.

"Let's just see what happens," he said. "I've basically said all I'm going to say about it. We'll just talk about the guys that are here."

Goodson's agent, Kennard McGuire, released a statement, but it didn't specifically address why the veteran running back didn't report.

"Mike must be accountable and responsible for his own actions and comprehend not only effective communication but simple communication," McGuire said.

Goodson is rehabbing his surgically repaired knee, injured in October. It's possible the Jets are keeping him on the roster because they don't want to cut him with an injury, putting them on the hook for part of his salary.

Since signing 16 months ago, Goodson has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons. It started last May, when he was arrested in New Jersey on the gun-possession charges. He was incoherent and intoxicated at the time of the arrest, police said. He received a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

He was indicted in November on a charge of second-degree unlawful possession of a weapon after he was found in a car with a Taurus .45-caliber handgun loaded with an illegal hollow-point bullet, according to authorities. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charges. He also could be suspended again by the league for violating the personal-conduct policy.

Goodson played in only two games last season before suffering a major knee injury.

The Jets expected Goodson to provide a big-play dimension on offense. They fortified their depth by signing Chris Johnson and acquiring Daryl Richardson. Johnson, the former Tennessee Titans star, is rehabbing a surgically repaired knee and isn't participating in minicamp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lol @ even revis showed up to mandatory s

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

bawhaahah

abwahahah!

The gift that keeps on giving....The NY Jets!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

There is no lower form of life on this planet than a NY Jets fan.

It's scientific fact!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no lower form of life on this planet than a NY Jets fan.

It's scientific fact!

[/QUOTE]

Just think, Mt Hurl, Pezzy, and all the rest are really Jets fans. They've never denied it. The best is Pezzy claiming he grew up in Foxborough and loved the Sullivans but hates BB for giving all Pats fans what he have now.

My god.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11102926/new-york-jets-cut-mike-goodson-minicamp-no-show" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11102926/new-york-jets-cut-mike-goodson-minicamp-no-show

He's AWOL and now has been cut!

This is the guy RKrap was talking about last March when claiming the Jets were in a spending position like we were when I won our bet.

Absolutely priceless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Jets fan, Uncle Rico/Bustchise aka  "The Situation", arrested for getting into a fight in a tanning salon and his orange skin being ruined!

Tears!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/showbiz/mike-situation-sorrentino-arrest/

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Great Moments in Playbook Security:

1.  In the Marx Brothers movie "Horsefeathers", Chico sells the football team's playbook to Darwin College.  The only problem is, he sells the Darwin College playbook to Darwin.

2.  In a fit of inspiration, Jets HC Rex Ryan gives away the Jets' playbook to a close friend of Bill Belichick, who gives it to Bill.  The Marx Brothers couldn't make this stuff up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Tears!  Vick now claiming he "revolutionized" the game.  Priceless.

Speechless:

ME, ME, ME...I,I,I...

Vick: Ring with Jets would seal legacy

June, 20, 2014
    JUN 20
    6:30
    PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Michael Vick is in the fourth stage of his career. We've witnessed the rise, the fall and the comeback, and we wonder how it will end for one of the most polarizing athletes in our nation's history. Is there a happily-ever-after in his future? Does he deserve one?

Vick sat in front of his locker Thursday, pondering the questions. His dream finish, he decided, is to win a championship for the first time in his life. Yes, he believes it could happen with the New York Jets, but there's a twist. In his football fantasy, he's not the Jets' savior -- and he's OK with that.

"Me winning a Super Bowl, even if it's not me behind the center," said Vick, describing the ultimate end to his playing days. "If I can walk away from this game with a ring, I'll be so thankful, because I've never won a championship at none of the levels that I've played on. Almost had one in college. I want a ring.

"I think it can happen this year," he continued. "I think Geno [Smith] can take us where we need to go. It'll seal my legacy -- for me, myself. For the public, I don't know."

As he previously stated, Vick expects Smith to be the Jets' opening-day starter. Evidently, he thinks Smith is ready to make a quantum improvement in his second year, but that remains to be seen. It's quite possible that, at some point, the Jets will turn to Vick, and wouldn't that be a must-see event?

It happened with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2010, when he won NFL Comeback Player of the Year, but this is a new stage with a new audience, and another cynical fan base to win over. He's taking an unselfish approach, painting himself as the wise old mentor, but it doesn't take long into the conversation to sense that Vick absolutely believes he's still got it.

"I revolutionized the game," he said in a wide-ranging interview with ESPN.com. "I changed the way it was played in the NFL."

But that was when he was a young blur, a freakishly talented two-way threat. Vick, who turns 34 on Thursday, acknowledged he's not that guy anymore. But he doesn't see himself sliding into a rocking chair anytime soon. He still feels he can win a Super Bowl for somebody.

"I think it's still realistic," he said. "You got guys like Peyton [Manning] and [Tom] Brady and Drew [Brees], all 36, 37, 38 years old and still playing. Times have changed. It's all about taking care of your body. ... I still feel like I can move as fast -- not as fast as I could a long time ago, but enough to get away. With that, I can help a football team win games. I can help our football team win games."

If the quarterback "competition" plays out as expected, Vick will begin the season on the bench, backing up a player -- Smith -- who was 12 years old when Vick won a playoff game on Green Bay's frozen tundra. Just because Vick might be a backup doesn't mean he considers himself one.

"I still consider myself one of the 32 [top quarterbacks]," he said. "People might want to argue that, but I think there are a lot of people who understand where I come from when I say that. I've been playing at a high level for a long time.

"Even the last two years when I got hurt, if you look at the résumé before I got hurt, I was playing at a high level. At some point, I'm going to get through 16 games and I'm going to be accountable. My primary focus is to keep my body in shape and keep going."

Vick added four pounds in the offseason (all muscle, he said), hoping to improve his durability. Only once has he played a full season, and that came in 2006, his final season with the Atlanta Falcons.

His career -- his life -- started to unravel in the spring of 2007, during an investigation into his involvement in a dogfighting ring in his home state of Virginia. That led to 23 months in a federal prison, costing him a full two seasons and permanently tarnishing his reputation.

Vick's felonious past was dredged up again in March, when the Jets signed him to a one-year, $4 million contract. The blowback wasn't nearly as severe as it was when he signed with the Eagles in 2009, but it prompted a group in Cortland, New York -- home of the Jets' training camp -- to start a petition aiming to ban him from camp. More than 20,000 signed the online petition.

Vick said he had no reaction when he heard about it.

"Why? Why would I? My life has nothing to do with their life and their beliefs," he said. "I mean, what's done is done. Look at all the good. My message to them is, look at the good I've done, all the thousands of lives that I've saved, the people I've saved. That's most important. That's what the focus should be on, the lives that are being affected."

He was alluding to his charitable foundation, which helps at-risk youth. Just last weekend, Vick held a youth camp and charity softball game in his hometown, Newport News, Virginia.

"I think 90 percent of the world has [forgiven me]," he said. "I walk around every day and I have no complaints from nobody -- ever."

Well, there was a recent episode at a Manhattan nightspot, in which Vick was approached by a heckler. The person was immediately removed by security, the entire scene caught on a video that found its way to TMZ.com. Vick called it a misunderstanding.

"All he was trying to do was show me a picture of his dog, and I thought he was trying to bring up some past history," Vick said. "So I was out of context in that situation. I was like, 'Look, man ...' He just wanted me to look at his dog on the phone. That was my fault. Other than that, it's never happened."

A public confrontation regarding dogs, he meant.

"It doesn't bother me," Vick said. "I think we're six or seven years removed from that, and so much has transpired since then in my life. It's something I try not to even think about. I just try to continue to be an advocate against animal cruelty."

Vick wants the focus to be on football. He's naïve if he thinks fans will forget about his sordid past, but he certainly can change some opinions by succeeding on the field. The Jets' fan base is starved (45 years since Super Bowl III), and it's waiting for someone -- anyone -- to deliver another championship.

He hopes the fans can embrace him.

"That's what it's all about, it's all about football," Vick said. "It's all about helping these guys accomplish something that I know they can accomplish, and I think we should let bygones be bygones. Never forget about it, but try to improve amongst it and keep going."

The Jets are happy with Vick, especially his former coordinator from the Eagles, Marty Mornhinweg, who said his old pupil is "still a dynamic player." Vick is well-respected in the locker room, especially among the younger players, many of whom grew up idolizing him.

"He's been through life," Smith said. "He's been a guy who's bounced back. One thing that I noticed off the bat from talking to him a while back is that he's extremely humble. He's a guy that's giving. He has a ton of knowledge and he's trying to give that knowledge to young guys like myself, which is why we all gravitate to him. We all look up to him."

Vick has been through life, all right. He's made a lot of mistakes -- bad ones -- and if he could somehow turn back the clock and give advice to a young Michael Vick, he'd tell him to change his habits and pick his friends carefully.

"I've always prided myself on being a mentally strong individual," he said. "I can almost adapt to any situation. There's nothing in my life that I haven't seen."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I wish to thank DougIrwin for recounting the touching story of the Jets' current second string QB, Ron Mexico.

Hey Dougie...did you know that the Jets starting QB, Geno Smith, was voted the worst QB in the NFL by a group of "experts"? Let me enlighten you:

Geno Smith has finally won something in the NFL — the title of worst quarterback in the league.

An ESPN.com poll released Monday had Gang Green’s second-year signal caller ranked 32nd of 32 NFL quarterbacks.

The website asked 26 league insiders (eight general managers, two former GMs, four pro personnel evaluators, seven coordinators, two head coaches, two position coaches and to executive) to rank the quarterbacks on a 1-5 scale (5 being the best). ESPN not only ranked the QBs 1-32, but also used a four-tier system, four being the worst.

“It’s too early to write off Smith. Some coaches in particular had a hard time placing any QBs in the fifth tier. To them, a Tier 5 QB would be a backup, not a starter. Would a five be an Akili Smith or JaMarcus Russell?” one coordinator asked.

A pro personnel evaluator said about Smith: “I think the way Geno Smith played last year was close to that. He was a rookie and he struggled and some of his reads were poor, but I would give him a four. He is young enough to make a move.” 

Read more:  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-qb-geno-smith-ranked-worst-nfl-article-1.1852861#ixzz36Wq8q0mT" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-qb-geno-smith-ranked-worst-nfl-article-1.1852861#ixzz36Wq8q0mT" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-qb-geno-smith-ranked-worst-nfl-article-1.1852861#ixzz36Wq8q0mT

Dougie, if this is true about the Green Goblin's starting QB, what does this indicate if the team's back-up, Mexico, can't beat him out??

LOL!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Green Goblins! Hey, that captures something about the horror of their legacy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

T minus 35 days until vick initiates qb controversy officially.

Lol

Sections
Shortcuts