The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

Dude, meadowland mike is bustchise and has been very active the last 48 hours, all unglued with the good news coming out of camp.

The kruger, bungalow bill, ma pat, etc.  He has been very busy.

Leon does not really post here.  Leon has more of a life than bustchise.

The jets suck.  They are all talk.  Wait until preseason when geno sucks and vick looks better.   Watch the qb drama unfold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The team that never stops yapping is at it again. This time, it's RB Chris Johnson, proclaiming that, "...me and Adrian Peterson are the best (RBs in the NFL)".

To review, according to themselves, Rex Ryan is the game's best coach, QB Geno Smith is a top 5 NFL QB, CB Dee Milliner is the game's best CB, and DE Muhammad Wilkerson is the game's top defensive lineman. 

I guess the NFL should dispense with the 2014 season, and just hand the Lombardi over to the Gotham Goblins...LOL!!!            

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The team that never stops yapping is at it again. This time, it's RB Chris Johnson, proclaiming that, "...me and Adrian Peterson are the best (RBs in the NFL)".

To review, according to themselves, Rex Ryan is the game's best coach, QB Geno Smith is a top 5 NFL QB, CB Dee Milliner is the game's best CB, and DE Muhammad Wilkerson is the game's top defensive lineman. 

I guess the NFL should dispense with the 2014 season, and just hand the Lombardi over to the Gotham Goblins...LOL!!!            

[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's the drama queen, Texas Jet who now seems to be very concerned with Jets players self esteem.  Let me know how it turns out.  This just in, when you've run for 200 yards in a season, you're allowed to think you're a pretty good RB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Jets’ iPad passcode is 1969; yeah, they’re dreaming big

By Brian CostelloAugust 5, 2014 | 12:08am

CORTLAND — The Super Bowl guarantees no longer flow freely from the Jets. The talk of Rose Garden visits and Lombardi Trophies has quieted over the past few years.

But that does not mean the Super Bowl is not on this team’s mind. Every time the players look at their playbooks, they get a reminder.

Like many teams, the Jets have switched to digital playbooks on their iPads. Players must enter a passcode to gain access.

The passcode? 1-9-6-9. As in 1969, the last time the Jets won it all.
    “It’s just something to remember — 1969 is the last time this team was perfect,” defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said. “That’s a long time ago.”

It was Jan. 12, 1969, or 16,641 days ago to be precise, that Joe Namath jogged off the Orange Bowl field with his index finger pointed to the sky. Jets coach Rex Ryan was just 6 years old. Heck, the game was not even called the Super Bowl at that point, and it would be two years until the championship trophy was renamed for Vince Lombardi.
    “It’s been a long time,” guard Willie Colon said.

As chatty as the current team can be, no Jets are predicting they will finish the season in Arizona at this season’s Super Bowl. Instead, the iPad code serves as a reminder of what the ultimate goal is. Tim Tubito, the team’s director of football video, is the one who came up with the passcode idea.

“If you don’t want to be a champion, you’re not going to be,” Ryan said. “It’s safe to say no one’s going to be a champion if they’re going to be like, ‘Eh, maybe I’d like to’ or whatever. That has to be why you play the game because you do want to be the best. Certainly I want to be the best and I know everybody in this organization feels the same way I do.”
    Only two players on the Jets know what it feels like to wear a Super Bowl ring and both reside on the offensive line. Colon was part of the 2008 championship Steelers team, and right tackle Breno Giacomini won it all with the Seahawks last season.

“There’s no greater feeling than winning it,” Colon said. “You have bragging rights forever. No one can take a championship away from you. You go anywhere in this country, you get the front-door treatment.”
    The Jets came close in Ryan’s first two years, losing in the AFC Championship, but that’s a distant memory now. There are only eight players left from the team that lost to the Steelers in January 2011. The organization has gone through major turnover since with three non-winning seasons, a change at general manager and a new starting quarterback.
    This year’s Jets know not much is expected of them, but they remain encouraged by last year’s 3-1 finish and the new pieces they added this offseason. Colon said no one can question the Jets’ toughness, but it is time they add smarts, which he felt they lacked at times last year.

“Not every team is scared of the Jets — very few are,” Colon said. “They know we have a big mouth and we like to talk, but we’ve got to start backing it up. We have to do it with our play and our attitude and enthusiasm.”
    For the Jets, erasing the ghosts of the last 45 years starts with overcoming the monster of the last 13 years — the Patriots. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have won the AFC East in 11 of the last 13 years and every year since Ryan became Jets coach. The last time the Jets won the division and had a home playoff game was 2002.
    “For me, I try to set realistic goals,” Colon said. “Is winning the division a realistic goal to me, personally? Yes, it is. I believe we can do it, but only if we play the brand of football we need to play.”

That brand of football has only made rare appearances with the Jets in the past 45 years. Instead, the stronger memories are of Mud Bowls, Fake Spikes and Buttfumbles.
    These Jets are trying to change all that, and maybe next year’s passcode can be 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The team that never stops yapping is at it again:

CORTLAND — Dee Milliner has earned himself a new nickname.

It was started by linebacker Demario Davis and has spread to some members of the secondary. They call the second-year cornerback “Franchise.”

Milliner laughed at the mention of his new title and said he has no choice but to embrace it. But while it may seem like all fun, Davis is completely serious.

“He’s the franchise player. Him not showing up is like KD not showing up,” Davis said, referring to Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. “If he shows up, we’re going to have a great night. If he doesn’t, we’re going to struggle. But that’s just the nature of the beast and that’s why I call him the Franchise.”

No pressure, huh?

But instead of pretending that pressure on Milliner doesn’t exist, the cornerback and his teammates are trying to use it as motivation. The former first-round pick himself agreed that the success of the defense hinges on his own performance more than anyone.

“I know I’m going to be on the top receivers, the best receivers on the team,” Milliner said. “If I can stop the best guy, I know they’re going to try to get the ball to him. If I can prevent some big plays from happening we can be a great defense and a great team.”

Defensive backs coach Tim McDonald stressed that Milliner needs to focus on the technical aspects of the job.

“If your technique slacks off, you’re going to get beat so he understands that,” McDonald said. “Is there pressure? Damn right there’s pressure. You’ve got to be up for the challenge each and every day.”

The same can be said for all the Jets, especially the way they’re boasting in camp.

Milliner told the Daily News he is the best cornerback in the league. Calvin Pace said the Jets have the best defense in the NFL. If the Jets are going to fulfill Pace’s prophecy, Milliner will have to lead the way.

“It’s going to be great because it starts with him,” Davis, a leader on the defense, added. “I made him aware: there are responsibilities in your hands, but I wouldn’t want it in nobody else’s hands.”

While the Jets’ front-seven is unquestionably strong, Milliner is the critical figure in the biggest unknown of the defense: the secondary. After a rough rookie season — “He was thrown to the wolves,” Rex Ryan said — Milliner’s responsibility increased after the team cut Antonio Cromartie. After being humbled by the NFL last year, Milliner said he has been doing more film preparation. According to his position coach, it’s paying off.

McDonald said he’s seen improvements in how conscious Milliner is of his teammates’ positions and is being more physical by getting his hands on receivers.

The real test of Milliner's preparation, however, will come in Week 1.

“The pressure is on. But pressure is what makes a diamond of coal,” Davis said. “Does he rise to the occasion is what the question is going to be. And I say yes.”

Related Stories
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cornerback-dee-milliner-dubbed-franchise-article-1.1893336#ixzz39dBzQRjq" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cornerback-dee-milliner-dubbed-franchise-article-1.1893336#ixzz39dBzQRjq

After all his talking, and his lackluster rookie season, Milliner, a/k/a "The Franchise", had better produce this season.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yet more tomfoolery from the Kings of NFL comedy, as, a year later, Rex Ryan is still trying to explain why he chose to throw QB Mark Sanchez behind a scrub OL in the 4th quarter, of the meaningless final preseason game of 2013, dubbed as the "Snoopy Bowl", against the NY Giants. See my added comments, in bold black:

It’s been almost a year since the Snoopy Bowl debacle that cost Mark Sanchez last season, but Rex Ryan offered a new explanation Monday for why his former quarterback was in that preseason game in the first place.“My opinion was that nobody had done enough to win the job at that time, that’s why Mark was in there,” Ryan said Monday.

RESPONSE: A "new" explanation, Rexie? If this "new explanation" was true, why didn't you say that a year ago? Your explanation then was that you wanted to win the preseason game...so you inserted Mr. Buttfumble. 

Geno Smith had put in a horrid performance in that third preseason game against the Giants when Ryan surprisingly inserted Sanchez late in the game behind a backup offensive line. On a hit by Marvin Austin, Sanchez injured his shoulder. Ryan previously had said he wanted to win the meaningless game.

Certainly, Sanchez disagrees with Ryan’s new take -- the current Eagles backup believes he was beating out Smith for the starting job a year ago when he was hurt.

“I don’t think anybody who watched practice and knew what they were looking at had any question about that,” Sanchez told the News last week at Eagles camp.

RESPONSE: Hey Mark, I can't give you a whole lot of credit for beating out Geno, but I do agree with you. You were/are a better QB then he, notwithstanding the buttfumble.

Sanchez had been OK in the first two preseason games, but compared to Smith, who threw three interceptions earlier in that Giants game, he had been the better quarterback.

RESPONSE: Yes, and everyone watching knew it. But, there was no way that the Goblins were going to start Sanchez in 2013. After the Buttfumble , he was, for all intents and purposes, through in NY...much like Matt Schaub was through in Houston, after his unprecedented string of pick-sixes.  

Ryan’s answer was prompted by a question asking if he would consider putting Smith behind a backup offensive line this preseason after what happened a year ago. Ryan was noncommittal.

RESPONSE: What? Cat got your tongue, Rexie? I wonder why?? LOL!!! 

“Well again, we’ll see,” Ryan said. “That situation was, that was a tough situation obviously. If could go back and change things, of course you would.”

RESPONSE: Yes, we understand. LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The team that never stops yapping is at it again:

CORTLAND — Dee Milliner has earned himself a new nickname.

It was started by linebacker Demario Davis and has spread to some members of the secondary. They call the second-year cornerback “Franchise.”

Milliner laughed at the mention of his new title and said he has no choice but to embrace it. But while it may seem like all fun, Davis is completely serious.

“He’s the franchise player. Him not showing up is like KD not showing up,” Davis said, referring to Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. “If he shows up, we’re going to have a great night. If he doesn’t, we’re going to struggle. But that’s just the nature of the beast and that’s why I call him the Franchise.”

No pressure, huh?

But instead of pretending that pressure on Milliner doesn’t exist, the cornerback and his teammates are trying to use it as motivation. The former first-round pick himself agreed that the success of the defense hinges on his own performance more than anyone.

“I know I’m going to be on the top receivers, the best receivers on the team,” Milliner said. “If I can stop the best guy, I know they’re going to try to get the ball to him. If I can prevent some big plays from happening we can be a great defense and a great team.”

Defensive backs coach Tim McDonald stressed that Milliner needs to focus on the technical aspects of the job.

“If your technique slacks off, you’re going to get beat so he understands that,” McDonald said. “Is there pressure? Damn right there’s pressure. You’ve got to be up for the challenge each and every day.”

The same can be said for all the Jets, especially the way they’re boasting in camp.

Milliner told the Daily News he is the best cornerback in the league. Calvin Pace said the Jets have the best defense in the NFL. If the Jets are going to fulfill Pace’s prophecy, Milliner will have to lead the way.

“It’s going to be great because it starts with him,” Davis, a leader on the defense, added. “I made him aware: there are responsibilities in your hands, but I wouldn’t want it in nobody else’s hands.”

While the Jets’ front-seven is unquestionably strong, Milliner is the critical figure in the biggest unknown of the defense: the secondary. After a rough rookie season — “He was thrown to the wolves,” Rex Ryan said — Milliner’s responsibility increased after the team cut Antonio Cromartie. After being humbled by the NFL last year, Milliner said he has been doing more film preparation. According to his position coach, it’s paying off.

McDonald said he’s seen improvements in how conscious Milliner is of his teammates’ positions and is being more physical by getting his hands on receivers.

The real test of Milliner's preparation, however, will come in Week 1.

“The pressure is on. But pressure is what makes a diamond of coal,” Davis said. “Does he rise to the occasion is what the question is going to be. And I say yes.”

Related Stories
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cornerback-dee-milliner-dubbed-franchise-article-1.1893336#ixzz39dBzQRjq" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cornerback-dee-milliner-dubbed-franchise-article-1.1893336#ixzz39dBzQRjq" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cornerback-dee-milliner-dubbed-franchise-article-1.1893336#ixzz39dBzQRjq

After all his talking, and his lackluster rookie season, Milliner, a/k/a "The Franchise", had better produce this season.  

[/QUOTE]

Cannot wait to watch milliner get torched all year long, especially by brady and company.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

BUST ALERT:  Amaro, 2nd rd pick.

Good thing AJ Edds fell on a fumble, though.  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classic Queenie, proclaiming players busts in the preseason.  How'd that work out with ROTY Richardson?  Bwahhahahahaha!  Tell us again how Mallet is a great QB.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classic Queenie, proclaiming players busts in the preseason.  How'd that work out with ROTY Richardson?  Bwahhahahahaha!  Tell us again how Mallet is a great QB.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

Never said a word about Richardson.  Milliner, however, in line to be a bust with Coples after Gholston, Sanchez and Wilson.

My god is that a lot of 1st rd busts!  That is 4 confirmed busts in the 1st rd alone in the last 5 years with Milliner a definite possibility after being benched 3 times last year.

Holy mackerel.

Amaro is least of your bust problems.

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133343/jace-amaro-trying-to-figure-it-all-out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

Never said a word about Richardson.  Milliner, however, in line to be a bust with Coples after Gholston, Sanchez and Wilson.

My god is that a lot of 1st rd busts!  That is 4 confirmed busts in the 1st rd alone in the last 5 years with Milliner a definite possibility after being benched 3 times last year.

Holy mackerel.

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133343/jace-amaro-trying-to-figure-it-all-out" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133343/jace-amaro-trying-to-figure-it-all-out

[/QUOTE]

Really, Queen Bean, how about this, I post where you called Richardson a bust and you leave forever.  No?  I'm shocked.  

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

Holy mackerel.

LOL!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133343/jace-amaro-trying-to-figure-it-all-out" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133343/jace-amaro-trying-to-figure-it-all-out

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaat? A rookie 2nd round pick in his first camp is "trying to figure(a complicated offense) out"?  Weird.

Looks like Mallet is "trying to figure it all out" too.   He's failing.

Queenie, are you claiming that Milliner, who shut down some of the NFL best receivers last year is a bust?  What an idiot.  

How is Chris Jones doing?  Think he'll make the team?  Are you still claiming that he's better than Richardson?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Did you just say "complicated" offense?

Tears!

LMAO!!

Absolutely priceless.  A classic from Princess! One for the ages!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

Holy mackerel.

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

So, Queenie, what you're saying is, that Coples, playing a new position, starting the year with a broken foot, having a better year than Hightower is a bust, but Hightower is great?  Sounds about right for you.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Ohh....Are those excuses for Coples, Busty boy??!  Are they?  Hey!  Remember yesterday when I commented on Chris Jones having a a likely weakness in his ankle after a sprain and you said "one thing we know, Rusty will use that as an excuse all year"...?

Remember that one, Mr. Phony?

Now, you think you can apply that the 2012 #16 overall pick who Mike Mayock warned about being a bust, do ya?

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

Did you just say "complicated" offense?

Tears!

LMAO!!

Absolutely priceless.  A classic from Princess! One for the ages!

[/QUOTE]

No need to ask, Queenie, just look and read.  Are you that stupid?  But yes, I did.  Are you a moron?  Try this Queenie, Google Marty Mornhinweg's offense.  See if it's considered complicated by NFLs standars.  Maybe if you weren't so ignorant, you'd look less like a fool.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Ohh....Are those excuses for Coples, Busty boy??!  Are they?  Hey!  Remember yesterday when I commented on Chris Jones having a a likely weakness in his ankle after a sprain and you said "one thing we know, Rusty will use that as an excuse all year"...?

Now, you think you can apply that the 2012 #16 overall pick who Mike Mayock warned about being a bust, do ya?

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

Excsues?  No excuses Queenie.  I was rubbing it in your face that a player in a new position with a broken bone played better than Hightower.  My god, you're an idiot.

You see Queenie, saying Mallet sucked because the Oline starters didn't play is an excuse.  Saying Coples played better than Hightower in spite of a broken bone is not.  Get it, moron?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

Excsues?  No excuses Queenie.  I was rubbing it in your face that a player in a new position with a broken bone played better than Hightower.  My god, you're an idiot.

You see Queenie, saying Mallet sucked because the Oline starters didn't play is an excuse.  Saying Coples played better than Hightower in spite of a broken bone is not.  Get it, moron?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, but he didn't play better than Hightower. Hightower had a very good rookie year and then filled in for Mayo last year, which is a huge responsibility.

The fact you actually still think Coples was a good pick and to compare him to Hightower is laughable.

Hightower is light years the better player.

BB didn't even play him in preseason knowing what he has with his linebackers this year. That's how much better Hightower is than that bust Coples.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

[/QUOTE]

Umm, but he didn't play better than Hightower. Hightower had a very good rookie year and then filled in for Mayo last year, which is a huge responsibility.

The fact you actually still think Coples was a good pick and to compare him to Hightower is laughable.

BB didn't even play him in preseason knowing what he has with his linebackers this year. That's how much better Hightower is than that bust Coples.

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that a first round pick, in his second year, was so poor at filling in for the average Mayo, getting torched by Jeff Cumberland in coverage and only managing 1 sack that you are using that as an excuse?  FOr the record, moron, Coples had more sacks than Hightower as a rookie too.  You keep coming back for more beatings.  You will never learn.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain   (and again and again...)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that a first round pick, in his second year, was so poor at filling in for the average Mayo, getting torched by Jeff Cumberland in coverage and only managing 1 sack that you are using that as an excuse?  FOr the record, moron, Coples had more sacks than Hightower as a rookie too.  You keep coming back for more beatings.  You will never learn.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just call one of the best LBs in the AFC, the 2008 DPOY, a perennial Pro Bowler, "average"?

bawhahaa

awbaahah

Exchange over with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you just call one of the best LBs in the AFC, the 2008 DPOY, a perennial Pro Bowler, "average"?

bawhahaa

awbaahah

Exchange over with.

[/QUOTE]

Bwahhahahahaha!  What a loser.  Once again, Queenie, I'm using your standards.  You called the DROY a bust.  You called Revis "average" after posting the best season a CB had ever had.  You claimed LT was "just awful" when he ran for 900 yards and caught 50 passes from Sanchez.  You see where I'm heading, Queen Bean? You are a hypocrite.

Now you're trying to use this as a way to end this "exchange" when they real reason is that you got bludgeoned at every turn as you called Coples a bust when he out played Hightower in both seasons.  For the record, making the probowl TWO OUT OF SIX SEASONS does not make Mayo a "perennial Pro Bowler". You should look the word up.  That way you would look slightly less like the idiot you are. 

#QueenieBlugdeonedAgain

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

There is much about the NY Jets to detest (the style of management and ownership etc.) but winning can change everything. Winning for the Jets depends most on the QB position. And that depends on Geno Smith. Smith has been lampooned on this board, most recently for declaring that he will quickly be a top 5 QB but Smith does not need to be a top 5 for the Jets to get to the playoffs, he just needs to be adequate. What would that mean for Smith?

Smith displayed a good arm and good escape-ability during his first season. He tied Cam Newton for most rushing TD's with 6. The biggest problem for Smith was his decision-making. He held the ball too long, went through his progressions too slowly, thus he took too many sacks or tried to force the ball into difficult situations resulting in more than twice as many interceptions as TD's. Smith has the skills, he needs to simply make better decisions. This could mean getting rid of the ball out of bounds if no one is open. Some of this may be attributable to rookie jitters and some of this was likely due to the lack of good receivers who could get open. I think we will begin to see this year (and maybe next year) what his future is in the NFL. What will be crucial in this are his fundamentals: setting his feet, being comfortable in the pocket, releasing quickly.

If Smith progresses, the Jets will progress and Ryan's bluster may become reality. This is a lot of pressure for anyone, let alone a 23 year old who played at West Virginia. How Smith handles this pressure will determine how well he handles mastering the fundamentals. The NFL is a big stage. It is not for everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is much about the NY Jets to detest (the style of management and ownership etc.) but winning can change everything. Winning for the Jets depends most on the QB position. And that depends on Geno Smith. Smith has been lampooned on this board, most recently for declaring that he will quickly be a top 5 QB but Smith does not need to be a top 5 for the Jets to get to the playoffs, he just needs to be adequate. What would that mean for Smith?

Smith displayed a good arm and good escape-ability during his first season. He tied Cam Newton for most rushing TD's with 6. The biggest problem for Smith was his decision-making. He held the ball too long, went through his progressions too slowly, thus he took too many sacks or tried to force the ball into difficult situations resulting in more than twice as many interceptions as TD's. Smith has the skills, he needs to simply make better decisions. This could mean getting rid of the ball out of bounds if no one is open. Some of this may be attributable to rookie jitters and some of this was likely due to the lack of good receivers who could get open. I think we will begin to see this year (and maybe next year) what his future is in the NFL. What will be crucial in this are his fundamentals: setting his feet, being comfortable in the pocket, releasing quickly.

If Smith progresses, the Jets will progress and Ryan's bluster may become reality. This is a lot of pressure for anyone, let alone a 23 year old who played at West Virginia. How Smith handles this pressure will determine how well he handles mastering the fundamentals. The NFL is a big stage. It is not for everyone.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand here. He ran because he's a moron and cannot read defenses. It's a tell tale sign the QB is a bust.  You don't gauge a QB on rushing TDs because you have a bust at QB or an injured one soon enough.

Your second paragraph is all you needed to write.  It's not a matter of if, but when he busts out.

Wait until he has a bad game, which will likely be early on, maybe as soon as Week 1, and Vick starts chirping in the press.

Rex Ryan is a moron, too. He says "Vick looked great" only stoking that fire. If Geno Bust is the QB, when he sucks again, the fans will clamor for Vick, then you'll destroy any confidence Smith had left.

It's the Tebow thing all over again, but just with a different GM. 

Their main problem is Woody Johnson. He's really the GM and he enables Rex Ryan to be a moron.  Woody Johnson is Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc....The owners who have the big egos and can't stay out of the way have teams who don't get the cap and take 2 steps back after taking one forward.

If someone kidnapped Jerry Jones and they hired a GM who got it, that team would be immediately good or great overnight.

Same with the Jets.

It always starts at the top and when your main focus is selling PSLs, your team is likely to be mediocre or blow.

The reason why the players love Rexie is because he kisses their butts and he's their friend. It's why they're a dumb team, too. They have dumb players on an annual basis. It's comical.

Everyone else sees it but them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bawhahaa

awbaahah

Exchange over with.

[/QUOTE]

Bwahhahahahaha!  What a loser.  Once again, Queenie, I'm using your standards.  You called the DROY a bust.  You called Revis "average" after posting the best season a CB had ever had.  You claimed LT was "just awful" when he ran for 900 yards and caught 50 passes from Sanchez.  You see where I'm heading, Queen Bean? You are a hypocrite.

Now you're trying to use this as a way to end this "exchange" when they real reason is that you got bludgeoned at every turn as you called Coples a bust when he out played Hightower in both seasons.  For the record, making the probowl TWO OUT OF SIX SEASONS does not make Mayo a "perennial Pro Bowler". You should look the word up.  That way you would look slightly less like the idiot you are. 

#QueenieBlugdeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

I never, ever called Richardson a bust.  I called Milliner one because he was benched 3 times in his rookie season.

I also do not care if Mayo does not go every year to a Pro Bowl. He is clearly one of the best LBs in the Conference and plays at a Pro Bowl level every year.  The Pats saw how important he was when he got hurt last year.

As for Revis, he was incredibly overrated by the press in NY and by the fans. Yes. He was/is an elite CB in the elite group, but he's not this guy who is in a Deion Sanders category as the preeminent best CB. He's not even as great a what Ty Law was.  He's had some great seasons, most notably when Red Ryan arrived in 2009, but that was his peak.

He got hurt after holding out in 2010 and 2011 and then blew out his leg after getting chubby and lazy again being a distraction forcing his way out of NY and down to TB in 2013. That's not HOF material and while he was being selfish and destroying your franchise with Mark Sanchez to the delight off all the NFL, other CB were proving they were as good or even better. Their names are Peterson, Haden or someone like RIchard Sherman.

The fact is, he has not had a great, full season since 2009, which was 5 years ago.  FIVE.

He has a ton to prove and is not this Hall of Famer that people claim he is.  We shall see if he becomes one, but right now, that is preposterous and beyond arrogant to say that.  It will be funny though if he comes here and wins SBs, then going into the HOF as a PAtriot. Absolutely priceless if that happens. It will be revenge from the Curtis Martin situation, but the difference is Pats fan experience SBs and you never have, nor will you ever.

EVER.

It's like me saying Gronk is one right now. Well, he clearly has the potential to be, but he isn't right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do ya?

bawhahah

abwhahah

EXPOSED COLD

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bawhahaa

awbaahah

Exchange over with.

[/QUOTE]

#QueenieBlugdeonedAgain

[/QUOTE]

I never, ever called Richardson a bust.  I called Milliner one because he was benched 3 times in his rookie season.

I also do not care if Mayo does not go every year to a Pro Bowl. He is clearly one of the best LBs in the Conference and plays at a Pro Bowl level every year.  The Pats saw how important he was when he got hurt last year.

As for Revis, he was incredibly overrated by the press in NY and by the fans. Yes. He was/is an elite CB in the elite group, but he's not this guy who is in a Deion Sanders category as the preeminent best CB. He's not even as great a what Ty Law was.  He's had some great seasons, most notably when Red Ryan arrived in 2009, but that was his peak.

He got hurt after holding out in 2010 and 2011 and then blew out his leg after getting chubby and lazy again being a distraction forcing his way out of NY and down to TB in 2013. That's not HOF material and while he was being selfish and destroying your franchise with Mark Sanchez to the delight off all the NFL, other CB were proving they were as good or even better. Their names are Peterson, Haden or someone like RIchard Sherman.

The fact is, he has not had a great, full season since 2009, which was 5 years ago.  FIVE.

He has a ton to prove and is not this Hall of Famer that people claim he is.  We shall see if he becomes one, but right now, that is preposterous and beyond arrogant to say that.  It will be funny though if he comes here and wins SBs, then going into the HOF as a PAtriot. Absolutely priceless if that happens. It will be revenge from the Curtis Martin situation, but the difference is Pats fan experience SBs and you never have, nor will you ever.

EVER.

It's like me saying Gronk is one right now. Well, he clearly has the potential to be, but he isn't right now.

[/QUOTE]

Revis is not a HOFer?  But you said just a few days ago he was.  Get your story straight Bean Queen.  If your posting, you're lying.

Revis, traded away to Tampa for a first round pick, will be a revenge for Curtis Martin from about 15 years ago?  My god, you're an idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts