The Jets..lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: The Jets..lol

Lets see:

Revis - enormous contract and only thing holding the secondary together at this point. Yep will be back but seems a bit upset

Holmes - Can't be cut before March. If he's not cut before March his cap number swells to 3mil more then his salary. If not cut before the 2nd day of the regular season more then half his contract for the next year gets guarantied. Yep he'll be back and he hates his team and QB lol

Sanchez - A below average starting QB who gets paid like a top 10 QB. If they cut him will have over 5mil in dead money each of the next couple of years. Yep he'll be back

Scott - will cost the Jets 7.2 mil in dead money next year actually costing them 1.2 mil more then if they just keep him on the bench. He flipped of a camera man and is apparently making so many issues with the Jets they are going to release him and take a cap hit larger then his salary lol

Rexy - can't expect him to take his foot out of his mouth before he gets everyone else's foot out first. Seriously there's being emotional and passionate then there's whining and crying like a kid who didn't get their way. Honestly he lost the locker room and he should go but his personality first NY to well so they will keep him

All in all they are going into next year with less cap space, unhappy prima dona's, and losing a player to boot. Can't the Jets do anything right?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

This was obviously Rex's master plan.
    He loves the taste of defeat.
    And now he has it on a grand scale.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Look, they put a team together made up of cut-throat mercenaries and took a chance on making it to the promise land. The window of opportunity ended last year. I know some of you here knew they wouldn't be able to keep the team together because you just can't pay all of them what they wanted after two back to back good seasons.

I have to admit, Rex proved me wrong. He's a better coach than I thought because I never throught they'd make it as far as they did last year. I predicted a meltdown well before this season started.

Maybe Rex will stop taking shortcuts in the free agent market and start drafting with a little more brains and think about the future of the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He is NOT a loser.... But at 8-8 he is NOT a winner.

Funny how it is "I" with this guy: "I beat this team... I will beat that team... or that coach... I am a winner... I am not a loser..." I...I...I... what a J-E-R-K jerk jerk jerk...

Hope LT thinks about these last few years and realizes what a fool he was to go there. Maybe he will have learned some respect...

I hope Rex and Sanchez never change... I hope they stay there a good long time...

Next year both the Bills and the Fins will challenge for #2 in Division. They will be tougher opponents. I think the Jets will not be anything special next year but the year after they may be tough again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

How many times can you say 'I'm not a loser' before it proves that yes, you are most certainly a loser ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Time for the fans to stop the whining and crying.... it's causing flash flooding out here!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The problem with the YETS is the coach and the GM.  Ryan lost control of the team and did not even seem to know it.  As a head coach he did not even seem to care about the offense.  He's the head coach for Christ's sake,

As for Tannenbaum he is terrible as a GM...  Plaxico Burress for Braylon Edwards, a guy who did have chemistry with Sanchez right from the start?  I know Edwards disappeared in SF but the fact is that he was Sanchez's best option.

Giving Holmes that huge contract and making him a Captain were huge mistakes and again Tannenbaum and Ryan were responsible. 

All of the locker room leadership was let go at the beginning of this year, no Ellis, no Woody, no Tony Richardson, no Cotchery, who, I've read, asked to be let go, because he could not bear to be in the receiver's meetings any longer, so the issue must have started last year and were not dealt with.

Problems like this rarely occur here in PATSLAND but when they do, those people are sent packing quickly, ala Adalius Thomas.  Glad I am not a YETS fan, those people are out of their minds now with anger and grief.  Too bad. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol:
    I am glad to not facing them again in the playoffs. There was something about them that made me feel they would be the toughest matchup for the Pats...maybe playing them so often  
    Posted by rkarp

In the last 4 games the Patriots have outscored the Jets 133 to 68 and gone 3-1.  In the 3 games the Pats won they outscored the Jets 112 to 40.  The Jets may have won in the playoffs last year, but given the recent trend that seems to be more of a fluke than the norm.  Their offense has regressed and their defense cannot handle 2 TE's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I am glad to not facing them again in the playoffs. There was something about them that made me feel they would be the toughest matchup for the Pats...maybe playing them so often  
    Posted by rkarp

Wow still trolling even after your Jest meltdown on Sunday, got to hand it to you for trying though.  Your Jest were never a threat to the Pats give it up already!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

jet super bowl parade circa 1970,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96 96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Posted by harleyroadking12

BWAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

This !!! ^^^  Totally agree!!

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : BWAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious.
    Posted by xBruzer77

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : Wow still trolling even after your Jest meltdown on Sunday, got to hand it to you for trying though.  Your Jest were never a threat to the Pats give it up already!
    Posted by Tomhab

I guess I am missing the point of why not wanting to face them a 3rd time is trolling?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : I guess I am missing the point of why not wanting to face them a 3rd time is trolling?  
    Posted by rkarp

I agree with that. Beating any team in the NFL three times in one season is difficult.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

When's the parade?
    Posted by agcsbill

I dunno but they are tying the ropes to REX's hands and feet right now, so that he can be used as a Balloon to celebrate the defeat!  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

jet super bowl parade circa 1970,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96 96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Posted by harleyroadking12

Can someone photshop a REX RYAN balloon floating atop this barren street?????   PLEASE......  It would make the perfect BLIMP to cover the parade.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : I dunno but they are tying the ropes to REX's hands and feet right now, so that he can be used as a Balloon to celebrate the defeat!  LOL
    Posted by FenwayChuck

At least the Jets can have a "one balloon" parade!! LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : Lol.  I stand corrected.  Actions speak louder than words, I guess.
    Posted by soups

I just thought he was saying "We're number 1!" and spelled it wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets..lol : I guess I am missing the point of why not wanting to face them a 3rd time is trolling?  
    Posted by rkarp

It's not, but facing the Jests for the 3rd time would have just meant beating them worse.  They took GIANT steps backward this year, and it showed.  They got super lucky against the Cowboys in the opener and the Bills two weeks ago, or they would have done even worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

He's not a loser b/c his team was 8-8. However,the goal is to make the playoffs. Anything can happen. So the season was not a success.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He's not a loser b/c his team was 8-8. However,the goal is to make the playoffs. Anything can happen. So the season was not a success.
    Posted by JohnTAlouette

He is a loser because he predicts a Super Bowl win every season!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Posted by rkarp

You have been coming on here for weeks trying to push this same line of crap.  The Jest are scary, I don't want to see them in the playoffs, they scary e wah wah wah.  This is trolling because you want Past fans to agree with you and validate how tough the Jest would be to beat three time.  I'd like to play the 8-8 Jest again just for the fun of it but they are DONE.  Come back next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

McElroy: Jets Plagued by 'Extremely Selfish' Players

Updated: Wednesday, 04 Jan 2012, 7:07 PM EST

By NEW YORK POST

NYPOST.COM | NEWSCORE - Jets rookie quarterback Greg McElroy said Wednesday the team was hurt by a "corrupt mindset" in the locker room this season, with too many selfish players.

Speaking to an Alabama radio station three days after the Jets capped off an 8-8 season with three straight losses, McElroy said, "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals."

"I think that's maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they had good games individually. And that's the disappointing thing."

McElroy did not name individual players, nor was he asked to.

The rookie from Alabama, who missed the season due to a thumb injury, said head coach Rex Ryan was right to boast about the Jets' championship chances.

"Quite frankly, If you go down the roster this year, there's no reason we shouldn't have made a Super Bowl run," the Jets' seventh-round draft pick told 97.3 The Zone. "The talent, top to bottom, is pretty remarkable.

"The disappointing thing is, the fact is, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't come together as a group, and just figure things out and kind of withstand the difficulties of the season, you're never going to amount to anything."

McElroy was placed on injured reserve after suffering his injury in the Jets' preseason finale. He could replace Mark Brunell as Mark Sanchez's primary backup next season.

"I think that we're going to regroup and I know we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year," said McElroy, who quarterbacked Alabama to the national championship two years ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I said last year that so-called player's coaches usually come out the gate strong, but almost always implode in a few years.  Their teams do not handle adversity well, they are undisciplined, and they ultimately fall apart.  Think back to all of the player's coaches in NFL history.  How many had long term success?  1?  2?  I really can't think of any.
    Posted by carawaydj

You, me and many others said this years ago. Finally, the NY media and fans are catching on. The Jets are undisciplined and the problem extends from the top down. People aren't clamoring to fire Rex yet, but once other excuses are removed such as Schottenheimer and Sanchez that will be the case.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts