THE John Hannah..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

THE John Hannah..

http://patspub.patsfans.com/2013/11/08/offensive-conduct-my-life-in-the-trenches-by-john-hannah-a-must-read-for-pats-fans/#.Un50JPk3s7w

Intro for his new book.  Xmas gift for someone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: THE John Hannah..

The hog! Now that book would make a great X-mas present. Think I'll buy it when I come home and bring it back with me. Thanks for posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I have new found respect for Jack Lambert after this excerp;

After the infamous “Ben Drieth” playoff game of 1976, Gene Upshaw and Art Shell of the Raiders were giving John Hannah and Leon Gray a very hard time at the Pro Bowl for having “blown” the playoff game. It all came to a screeching stop when Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Jack Lambert told both Shell and Upshaw to “shut up….they beat you soundly, everyone knows the refs gave you that game on a platter.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In my humble opinion the greatest O-lineman EVER to lace them up. The greatest Patriot ever until Brady came along but still my favorite Pat of All -Time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I remember reading a Hannah quote where he said run blocking was a lot more fun than pass blocking.  He got to pancake people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In my humble opinion the greatest O-lineman EVER to lace them up. The greatest Patriot ever until Brady came along but still my favorite Pat of All -Time.

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I'd like to see Big John back with the Pats in some capacity. No question the best at his position, ever.

There was a poll no too long ago (globe, perhaps) about who was the greatest Patriot of all time and John was a close second to TB.

I remember Richard Dent of the Bears saying that He was hit my John (SB 85), When John pulled on a run play, and it felt like every bone cracked ...... he'd never been hit like that.

Sections
Shortcuts