The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!

Okay, I know the Pats don't make excuses, and never look for a scapegoat but think about it! Kevin O'Connell knew the plays for this year, he knew the offense. So their is no doubt in my mind the Jets used his knowledge of the Pats schemes to no doubt practice with in the week leading up. I have no doubt once so ever about this. It makes sense. The Jets sent out Izzo, O'connell, and Woody for the coin toss. I thought this was strange at one point, but in reality he was just putting them on display for Bellichick to notice.... I've got your playbook!
         It makes a lot of sense now why the Jets were so desperate to snag O'Connell immediately after he was signed a day later by the Lions. I'm sure the Jets offense and defense spent the entire week leading up to this game practicing against the real playbook. I know technically it's not illegal, but what's really different from that then what the Patriots did? O'Connel is on the sideline during the live game, he knows the playcalling, especially since the Pats went no huddle. All he has to do is relay to the guy who is talking to the defense. Suddenly the defense has a perfect play for it, which they magically did almost 100 percent of the time! Ryan is good, but c'mon he isn't that good, and for goodness sake already, the Jets hardly even "whipped" the Pats. How did they walk the walk? LOOSING BY 7 POINTS isn't embarassing at all. What's embarassing is having almost 2 yards offense at the end of the 1st quarter.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

Re: The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!

Lets be serious here. First off, all teh Jets did was try to get a comeptive edge. They did not use videotape (which is not illegal either), but using it in the manor the Pats did is. It is no different than an employee who joins a competitor who gives information about the internal workings on a certain company. That is the reason many employers have no compete clauses. Do you really think this is the first time the Jets saw anything to do with the Pats? They do have video from past games that is how teams prepare for the next week. You don't think teams walk into a game completely blind do you?
    Second, so by your theory the Jets decided lets only get one first down in the first half to fool everyone. We will come out in the second half and blow them away because we know the plays????
    The Pats lost becasue they did not execute, Kevin Connolly had nothing to do with Brady not hitting is targets or the disgusiting amount of penalty yards. As  Pats fan, I would love to come up with an excuse, but there isn't one. Plain and simple when the Jets needed a big play they executed we didn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYLeon. Show NYLeon's posts

Another conspiracy theory???Shocker ! Comiong from pats fans!
    Losers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I know the Pats don't make excuses, and never look for a scapegoat but think about it! Kevin O'Connell knew the plays for this year, he knew the offense. So their is no doubt in my mind the Jets used his knowledge of the Pats schemes to no doubt practice with in the week leading up. I have no doubt once so ever about this. It makes sense. The Jets sent out Izzo, O'connell, and Woody for the coin toss. I thought this was strange at one point, but in reality he was just putting them on display for Bellichick to notice.... I've got your playbook!      It makes a lot of sense now why the Jets were so desperate to snag O'Connell immediately after he was signed a day later by the Lions. I'm sure the Jets offense and defense spent the entire week leading up to this game practicing against the real playbook. I know technically it's not illegal, but what's really different from that then what the Patriots did? O'Connel is on the sideline during the live game, he knows the playcalling, especially since the Pats went no huddle. All he has to do is relay to the guy who is talking to the defense. Suddenly the defense has a perfect play for it, which they magically did almost 100 percent of the time! Ryan is good, but c'mon he isn't that good, and for goodness sake already, the Jets hardly even "whipped" the Pats. How did they walk the walk? LOOSING BY 7 POINTS isn't embarassing at all. What's embarassing is having almost 2 yards offense at the end of the 1st quarter.   
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

Read this:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10099282/Sunday-Scoopage:-Hidden-intrigue-behind-Patriots-Jets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Pats have picked up an ex player many times then cut them after the game they needed them for. Do you live under a rock? He must have also caused the dropped passes, the missed throws by Brady, the delay of games and holding penalties too. Now that is talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

So what? No big deal or conspiracy.  All teams do this. Mangini stole the playbook but the Jets still didn't surpass the Pats in 2006, becasue the Pats players could still execute plays.  The Pats still had plenty of chances to win yesterday and they didn't because they didn't make the passes/catches to get it done, regardless of blocking schemes, etc. Execution, execution, execution.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Re: The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!:
    [QUOTE]Lets be serious here. First off, all teh Jets did was try to get a comeptive edge. They did not use videotape (which is not illegal either), but using it in the manor the Pats did is. It is no different than an employee who joins a competitor who gives information about the internal workings on a certain company. That is the reason many employers have no compete clauses. Do you really think this is the first time the Jets saw anything to do with the Pats? They do have video from past games that is how teams prepare for the next week. You don't think teams walk into a game completely blind do you? Second, so by your theory the Jets decided lets only get one first down in the first half to fool everyone. We will come out in the second half and blow them away because we know the plays???? The Pats lost becasue they did not execute, Kevin Connolly had nothing to do with Brady not hitting is targets or the disgusiting amount of penalty yards. As  Pats fan, I would love to come up with an excuse, but there isn't one. Plain and simple when the Jets needed a big play they executed we didn't.
    Posted by boston2nj[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but think about this.

The Jets offensive production was horrible in the first half, this has nothing to do with O'Connell or the pats playbook. They didn't know what to look for on the Pats defensive side of the ball.

When the Jets took the field defensively tho, think about it. Brady and BB go no huddle. Why did they go no huddle, that is not their style at all yet they kept it up practically the entire game. They weren't copying the Bills last week. They were going no huddle because they KNEW that O'Connell would be listening on the field for Brady to make the call, and call out adjustments. Going no huddle inhibited the amount of reaction time it would take from O'Connell to relay it to the DC, and then to the field helmet. 

I was unsure of it, but then I saw one play that just stood out for me that said the Jets know exactly what is being called. EXACTLY. It was a quick drop pass over to Edelman. The CB never hesitated, never actually looked at the ball, never looked at Brady. Right from the snap itself, he bolted full speed and nailed Edelman at the exact time the ball got to him. The pats run this formation a lot, and do different things with it throughout the game. Why is it on that play, the CB showed no doubt where the ball was going, it's because the defense always was alerted to what the play was. It's cheating. unethical, and not fair sportsmanship. This is why the Jets were in such a bad need for O'Connell's services the day he signed with the Lions. They had a franchise qb, and there were better qualified qbs on the market to be a backup. So why go for a young backup with little experience? simple, 2009-2010 Patriots offensive playbook.

O well, it stinks, but hey the Jets are about to have a big let down for the rest of the season, because they surprised Houston with their 6db formation blitzes, and they definitely got a lot of help from pats wash outs to barely get a real ugly win over the Pats. The rest of their games they have no more bonuses to use. Opposing teams will deystroy them with quick passes over their blitzes, and once the jets go back to being honest, that will be the official end. Hey atleast they won their week 2 superbowl contest against the Pats. Congrats to all you Jets fans. Savor the victory ! Maybe your last in awhile this year. Get your popcorn ready!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In the end, it is the chance you take when you jetison a player after the pre-season when so much of the playbook is set and practiced.  O'Connell is like any player who goes to a new team, basically a mercenary, and spills the beans to help them win against his former team.  I am certain the Pats were fully prepared knowing what O'Connell will do.  It happens everywhere.  In this case, he goes to a team who just happens to be playing the Pats within a couple weeks of leaving them.

But, consider this... for all the help O'Connell's information may have provided, the Pats offense fended off much of the blitz rushes to move up and down the field. There were plenty of chances to make a big play, dropped passes hurt as did penalties, they just couldn't close the deal in the red zone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I guess all teams do this, but still. It's unethical. It's an unwritten football rule. Anyways, I don't consider this loss anything but an illusion. What we saw, isn't really as it appeared. It wasn't a perfect defense on the jets part. 

The biggest positive to come out of the game Sunday was the Pats defensive unit only allowing one TD, and coming up big in the redzone twice I believe within the 5 yard line. I can't wait to see what they can do against the Falcons. Pats will still be a high powered offense, as long as Galloway can hold onto the ball!! Their defense looked much sharper though against the Jets then did against the no huddle Bills.

This will be a great Patriots year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

NFL: Niners accuse Jets of Crabtree tampering
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors

The Jets' long-running pursuit of a high-profile wide receiver could land them in hot water with the NFL. The 49ers, embroiled in an acrimonious contract dispute with rookie receiver Michael Crabtree, have filed tampering charges against the Jets, sources told the Daily News.

The
    Jets, through a team spokesman, denied the allegations. The 49ers may believe the Jets contacted Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, to let him know they'd be interested in trading for his rights, or in drafting him in 2010 with a better salary than the 49ers are offering.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ninosurfer. Show ninosurfer's posts

What a dumb post.

I guess you have never heard of Jonathan Stupar...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We will know for sure if O'Connell gets cut in the next couple of weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]What a dumb post. I guess you have never heard of Jonathan Stupar...
    Posted by ninosurfer[/QUOTE]

It's not dumb!  One thing that is being overlooked is, yes, this does happen all the time, BUT O'Connell being in the position of knowing the playbook & talking 7 discussing Tom Brady's tendancies & thoughts when practicing these plays, makes a HUGE difference compared to say a wide receiver of the Pats going to the Jets.

Of course not all the plays were recognized by the Jets, but O'Connell had a little more intamate information than what a different position player would have helped game plan with.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

In Response to The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated!:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I know the Pats don't make excuses, and never look for a scapegoat but think about it! Kevin O'Connell knew the plays for this year, he knew the offense. So their is no doubt in my mind the Jets used his knowledge of the Pats schemes to no doubt practice with in the week leading up. I have no doubt once so ever about this. It makes sense. The Jets sent out Izzo, O'connell, and Woody for the coin toss. I thought this was strange at one point, but in reality he was just putting them on display for Bellichick to notice.... I've got your playbook!      It makes a lot of sense now why the Jets were so desperate to snag O'Connell immediately after he was signed a day later by the Lions. I'm sure the Jets offense and defense spent the entire week leading up to this game practicing against the real playbook. I know technically it's not illegal, but what's really different from that then what the Patriots did? O'Connel is on the sideline during the live game, he knows the playcalling, especially since the Pats went no huddle. All he has to do is relay to the guy who is talking to the defense. Suddenly the defense has a perfect play for it, which they magically did almost 100 percent of the time! Ryan is good, but c'mon he isn't that good, and for goodness sake already, the Jets hardly even "whipped" the Pats. How did they walk the walk? LOOSING BY 7 POINTS isn't embarassing at all. What's embarassing is having almost 2 yards offense at the end of the 1st quarter.   

Yeh, ok, O'Connell made the difference. What did he give them? That Brady is gonna throw 15 times to Welker. That Brady's gonna attempt 10 intermediate passes and 2 long ones to Moss. Or they're gonna hand it off to Maroney a few times and when they rediscover he wont run hard every time they'll bring in Taylor or Morris,or worse yet overuse Kevin Faulk. And do you think he would have told them that if they blitz on 3rd down, Kevin Faulk will stay in and block? Big secrets. Quite a chess game.

If the o-line can tighten it up and stay that way(if), it will be a very successful season here. This is silliness, its one loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated! :  I understand what you are saying, but think about this.  The Jets offensive production was horrible in the first half, this has nothing to do with O'Connell or the pats playbook. They didn't know what to look for on the Pats defensive side of the ball.   When the Jets took the field defensively tho, think about it. Brady and BB go no huddle. Why did they go no huddle, that is not their style at all yet they kept it up practically the entire game. They weren't copying the Bills last week. They were going no huddle because they KNEW that O'Connell would be listening on the field for Brady to make the call, and call out adjustments. Going no huddle inhibited the amount of reaction time it would take from O'Connell to relay it to the DC, and then to the field helmet.      I was unsure of it, but then I saw one play that just stood out for me that said the Jets know exactly what is being called. EXACTLY. It was a quick drop pass over to Edelman. The CB never hesitated, never actually looked at the ball, never looked at Brady. Right from the snap itself, he bolted full speed and nailed Edelman at the exact time the ball got to him. The pats run this formation a lot, and do different things with it throughout the game. Why is it on that play, the CB showed no doubt where the ball was going, it's because the defense always was alerted to what the play was. It's cheating. unethical, and not fair sportsmanship. This is why the Jets were in such a bad need for O'Connell's services the day he signed with the Lions. They had a franchise qb, and there were better qualified qbs on the market to be a backup. So why go for a young backup with little experience? simple, 2009-2010 Patriots offensive playbook.    O well, it stinks, but hey the Jets are about to have a big let down for the rest of the season, because they surprised Houston with their 6db formation blitzes, and they definitely got a lot of help from pats wash outs to barely get a real ugly win over the Pats. The rest of their games they have no more bonuses to use. Opposing teams will deystroy them with quick passes over their blitzes, and once the jets go back to being honest, that will be the official end. Hey atleast they won their week 2 superbowl contest against the Pats. Congrats to all you Jets fans. Savor the victory ! Maybe your last in awhile this year. Get your popcorn ready!

I understand and respect what you are saying. I think the issue is not O'Connell it is the Pats in general have become predictable. I can sit at home and 9 times out of 10 I can call the correct play. You can bet the house that on 3rd down you are either going to see a screen to Faulk or Welker. I think O'Connell maybe gave them some help such as how to rattle the offense, but as I said in my previous post I don't think it made the difference nor is it something every other team hasn't done. Don't forget Mangini came from the Pats organization, Bledsoe was  a Patriot and the list could go on.
    I think you can argue either way, but in the end a few less penalties and more accuruate passes, we would not even be having this conversation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Kevin O'Connell Conspiracy! Jets cheated! :  I understand what you are saying, but think about this.  The Jets offensive production was horrible in the first half, this has nothing to do with O'Connell or the pats playbook. They didn't know what to look for on the Pats defensive side of the ball.   When the Jets took the field defensively tho, think about it. Brady and BB go no huddle. Why did they go no huddle, that is not their style at all yet they kept it up practically the entire game. They weren't copying the Bills last week. They were going no huddle because they KNEW that O'Connell would be listening on the field for Brady to make the call, and call out adjustments. Going no huddle inhibited the amount of reaction time it would take from O'Connell to relay it to the DC, and then to the field helmet.      I was unsure of it, but then I saw one play that just stood out for me that said the Jets know exactly what is being called. EXACTLY. It was a quick drop pass over to Edelman. The CB never hesitated, never actually looked at the ball, never looked at Brady. Right from the snap itself, he bolted full speed and nailed Edelman at the exact time the ball got to him. The pats run this formation a lot, and do different things with it throughout the game. Why is it on that play, the CB showed no doubt where the ball was going, it's because the defense always was alerted to what the play was. It's cheating. unethical, and not fair sportsmanship. This is why the Jets were in such a bad need for O'Connell's services the day he signed with the Lions. They had a franchise qb, and there were better qualified qbs on the market to be a backup. So why go for a young backup with little experience? simple, 2009-2010 Patriots offensive playbook.    O well, it stinks, but hey the Jets are about to have a big let down for the rest of the season, because they surprised Houston with their 6db formation blitzes, and they definitely got a lot of help from pats wash outs to barely get a real ugly win over the Pats. The rest of their games they have no more bonuses to use. Opposing teams will deystroy them with quick passes over their blitzes, and once the jets go back to being honest, that will be the official end. Hey atleast they won their week 2 superbowl contest against the Pats. Congrats to all you Jets fans. Savor the victory ! Maybe your last in awhile this year. Get your popcorn ready!

Stop whining and making excuses, sore loser. The PATS themselves admitted they were outplayed. Oh, and another thing; expect a competitive division the rest of the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terranova69. Show terranova69's posts

rpn123321

Oh for Petes' sake. If Kevin was helping the Jests what do you suppose Baker was doing for the Parsies?????? Jeez, do you suppose it might have been a CIA/Commie plot? We lost....PERIOD.. We have a chance to make up in Nov. Lets see if the Jests are still talking trash then!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

First of all Baker has been with the Pats since the beginning.  The Jets have a new coach and system since Baker left.  O'Connell couldn't even run the right plays with the Pats but if he did give insights the Pats had every opportunity to make half time adjustments. 

Secondly,  The Pats lost this game on the Jets 1st possession of the second half.  They lost by 1 touchdown.  It is going to happen people they will lose sometimes. 

Third...Brady has not played in 11 months and this was the first game where he really got knocked around....He will get better and so will Galloway.  The Pats have one of the most complex playbooks in the NFL with a QB who demands perfection with timing routes....Give Galloway a few more weeks he will be alright.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Lets be serious here. First off, all teh Jets did was try to get a comeptive edge. They did not use videotape (which is not illegal either), but using it in the manor the Pats did is. It is no different than an employee who joins a competitor who gives information about the internal workings on a certain company. That is the reason many employers have no compete clauses. Do you really think this is the first time the Jets saw anything to do with the Pats? They do have video from past games that is how teams prepare for the next week. You don't think teams walk into a game completely blind do you? Second, so by your theory the Jets decided lets only get one first down in the first half to fool everyone. We will come out in the second half and blow them away because we know the plays???? The Pats lost becasue they did not execute, Kevin Connolly had nothing to do with Brady not hitting is targets or the disgusiting amount of penalty yards. As  Pats fan, I would love to come up with an excuse, but there isn't one. Plain and simple when the Jets needed a big play they executed we didn't.
    Posted by boston2nj[/QUOTE]

This quote is a little inaccurate.....it is not illegal in how the tapes were used...it is where the taping was being done and who was doing the taping that was the problem and against the rules.

The name is Kevin O'Connel not Connolly.

and you are correct, there is no excuses except that the jests played better on that given day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are not a loser till you start making excuses for why you lost....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Nope taping was and still is legal.  Goodell's edict (aka emphasis) was not voted on by the rules committe, thus it was not a rule. The original rule was against Media, not teams. The emphasis was to tell teams not to film.  You'd have to ask the league why it was never made an actual rule and the Pats why they didn't fight the penalties.  The year before the Jets did the very same thing in the playoff game vs the Pats. 

What the Jets did with O'Connell is common practice, no big deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Actually they got Woody so they could beat the Lions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Trying to influence Crabtree... now that is cheating.

Sections
Shortcuts