In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I agree with Kraft on BB.  The cap is the reason. He's also the best GM ever for the same reasons.

Brady, I can't put him above Montana. I wanted to do it twice in SB 42 and 46, but without winning 1 of those by playing better in them, he's not the best ever. Yet.

I don't ever recall Montana having to try to win a Super Bowl with a defense that has been as porous as ours the last three years.

Montana had what he had.  He won his games. Hardto argue he's not the best ever. 

Put Montana's career numbers up against Brady's and I think there is an argument. Brady won three...Montana won four. Brady has gotten to five of them and if he had something that resembled a Super Bowl defense in that last one...he would have four as well.

I'm saying it is debatable. 

The D allowed 13 measly points waiting for the offense to just get a FG and not turn it over. Brady threw an awful INT and they never got just a FG.

There is no way around it. The D played closer to its ceiling by a mile as opposed to the offense. You can't blame that fact on the D.

We lost to the Giants 13 to 10? Hmm...historically speaking everyone around the world thinks the Giants scored 21 points. Seeing how you don't even know what round your favorite new tackle was drafted in...why don't we start with something simple? The patriots lost super bowl 46, 21 to 17. 

And if we won that game Brady wins the MVP hands down..no one is even close. The guy was under pressure that entire game and had the longest scoring drive in Super Bowl history going something like 7 for 7 during it. You lose, thanks.

No, we lost 17-14 and 21-17.  Each time our offense underperformed.

His 4th qtr was atrocious in SB 46.  The INT to Gronk is literally the worst INT of his career and one the game before on the Slater end zone ball was the worst just prior to that.

Everyone in the room said the same thing "Just turn it over". Whamo, Brady does it on 1st down.

UGH

Again, I can live with it becasue if HE is the reason for these collapses late in games with a shotgun spread, it has to change.

Bye, bye Welkie, hello more balanced offense and a possible SB title.

PS I have no idea why you keep saying I don't know when Cannon was drafted, troll. That one is getting annoying. 

one day you will eventually give some credit to the opposing D's, especially the Ravens and Giants-but then that would blow ur whole agenda so u won't

42 and 46, as a Giant's fan did you worry about the Patriot's defense in Super Bowl 46? Did you worry about our pass rush, or our pass coverage? Personally the only thing I'd worry about if I was Giant's fan heading into that game would be Tom Brady...that's it. I wouldn't worry about a pedestrian rushing attack or our defense. It would be Tom and that's all.

He should have because in the regular season meeting the Pats D pitched a shutout in the first half.

The only reason NY came back late is because Chung and Spikes got hurt.

The fact is, the Pats 2011 D was nowhere near as bad as the media claimed. It's morons like you that gobble up that Tony Mazz-speak like it's gospel.

The D improved through the year and played quite well in the postseason. The lockout meant no training camp, which obviously hurt any of the younger Ds in the 2011 season.

You really are a joke.

If this were any one other than BB's D we are talking about here you'd be bashing them left and right.  In fact, you've done it.  You've bashed almost every D in the league including the top ranked ones and others that ranked well ahead of BB's babies.

Zero 3 & outs, 5 minutes on every possession, no picks, stupid penalties, zero rz stops and giving up the game winning drive over and over and over, are just not things I can see you applauding another teams D for.  Nope!  You are a fraud.

Either that, or a fan of another team that enjoys seeing the Pats lose because of their pitiful D, and bashes the QB who has carried that D for years.   Can't have it both ways!!!!!

Those Ds are worse!  The Packers, Saints, etc? Stink!

At least ours was a top 10 D in something. Run D and turnovers created to name two categories.

Also, this is an offensive era, so you better be expecting offenses to already have the advantages to being with, which most educated NFL fans realize at this point.

Since you're a pink helmet, you think 1998 is the same NFL as 2011. LOL

We also just saw two supposed lock down Ds give up 27 and 31 points in the SB.

Ours gave up 17 and 21 and in each SB we lost there, our QB and offense he prefers SUCKED!

No! Not worse, not by any standards, but yours, 

Points haven't changed in years in fact they were higher in the 40's and 70's  So stop using the rules as an excuse.  Every team plays within the rules and few, if any, are worse than a 27-31st Total Defensive ranking and none have had a DPR worse than the Pats in the play-offs.

No disputing that.  It's in the record books for generation after generation to see from now until eternity.  YOU LOSE!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: The Krafty one is starting to get reflective

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I agree with Kraft on BB.  The cap is the reason. He's also the best GM ever for the same reasons.

Brady, I can't put him above Montana. I wanted to do it twice in SB 42 and 46, but without winning 1 of those by playing better in them, he's not the best ever. Yet.

I don't ever recall Montana having to try to win a Super Bowl with a defense that has been as porous as ours the last three years.

Montana had what he had.  He won his games. Hardto argue he's not the best ever. 

Put Montana's career numbers up against Brady's and I think there is an argument. Brady won three...Montana won four. Brady has gotten to five of them and if he had something that resembled a Super Bowl defense in that last one...he would have four as well.

The D allowed 13 measly points waiting for the offense to just get a FG and not turn it over. Brady threw an awful INT and they never got just a FG.

There is no way around it. The D played closer to its ceiling by a mile as opposed to the offense. You can't blame that fact on the D.

We lost to the Giants 13 to 10? Hmm...historically speaking everyone around the world thinks the Giants scored 21 points. Seeing how you don't even know what round your favorite new tackle was drafted in...why don't we start with something simple? The patriots lost super bowl 46, 21 to 17. 

And if we won that game Brady wins the MVP hands down..no one is even close. The guy was under pressure that entire game and had the longest scoring drive in Super Bowl history going something like 7 for 7 during it. You lose, thanks.

His 4th qtr was atrocious in SB 46.  The INT to Gronk is literally the worst INT of his career and one the game before on the Slater end zone ball was the worst just prior to that.

Everyone in the room said the same thing "Just turn it over". Whamo, Brady does it on 1st down.

UGH

Again, I can live with it becasue if HE is the reason for these collapses late in games with a shotgun spread, it has to change.

PS I have no idea why you keep saying I don't know when Cannon was drafted, troll. That one is getting annoying. 

one day you will eventually give some credit to the opposing D's, especially the Ravens and Giants-but then that would blow ur whole agenda so u won't

42 and 46, as a Giant's fan did you worry about the Patriot's defense in Super Bowl 46? Did you worry about our pass rush, or our pass coverage? Personally the only thing I'd worry about if I was Giant's fan heading into that game would be Tom Brady...that's it. I wouldn't worry about a pedestrian rushing attack or our defense. It would be Tom and that's all.

He should have because in the regular season meeting the Pats D pitched a shutout in the first half.

The only reason NY came back late is because Chung and Spikes got hurt.

The fact is, the Pats 2011 D was nowhere near as bad as the media claimed. It's morons like you that gobble up that Tony Mazz-speak like it's gospel.

The D improved through the year and played quite well in the postseason. The lockout meant no training camp, which obviously hurt any of the younger Ds in the 2011 season.

You really are a joke.

If this were any one other than BB's D we are talking about here you'd be bashing them left and right.  In fact, you've done it.  You've bashed almost every D in the league including the top ranked ones and others that ranked well ahead of BB's babies.

Zero 3 & outs, 5 minutes on every possession, no picks, stupid penalties, zero rz stops and giving up the game winning drive over and over and over, are just not things I can see you applauding another teams D for.  Nope!  You are a fraud.

Either that, or a fan of another team that enjoys seeing the Pats lose because of their pitiful D, and bashes the QB who has carried that D for years.   Can't have it both ways!!!!!

Those Ds are worse!  The Packers, Saints, etc? Stink!

At least ours was a top 10 D in something. Run D and turnovers created to name two categories.

Also, this is an offensive era, so you better be expecting offenses to already have the advantages to being with, which most educated NFL fans realize at this point.

Since you're a pink helmet, you think 1998 is the same NFL as 2011. LOL

We also just saw two supposed lock down Ds give up 27 and 31 points in the SB.

Ours gave up 17 and 21 and in each SB we lost there, our QB and offense he prefers SUCKED!

No! Not worse, not by any standards, but yours, 

Points haven't changed in years in fact they were higher in the 40's and 70's  So stop using the rules as an excuse.  Every team plays within the rules and few, if any, are worse than a 27-31st Total Defensive ranking and none have had a DPR worse than the Pats in the play-offs.

No disputing that.  It's in the record books for generation after generation to see from now until eternity.  YOU LOSE!

Did you just say points haven't changed? LOL!!

What?

Are you serious?   Tears!  Yes, the 1970s SBs and playoffs featured 34-31 scores in SBs every year like clockwork and they were oh so close games!

Did you ever wonder why the 1980s SBs were blowouts? Wasn't because of great offenses, necessarily. It was because of haves and have nots.

Then came the cap. But, now we have a propensity for owners to vote on rule changes relentlessly every freaking offseason to help offenses so owners can make more money. You with me, dribblechin? Good.

Goodell has made many moves to help offenses in this league because the owners know that is what draws pink helmets like yourself to grow revenue. Point blank, end of story.

That was VERY WEAK and flailing attempt to counter, Pezzy, and everyone sees it.

Just admit that Brady needs to be better, hope that Welker now gone can sort of help ease Brady back into a better QB, the more methodical one which mirrored Joe Cool in the 1980s.

Christ, Brady was once Tom Cool and now he's been Tom Craps Himself in 4th qtrs of big games.

Again, it's easier to admit the truth and move on than play your childish pretend games.

Get him under Center like Montana was for 4 SBs, diversify the offense and you'll see a better defense and a better Brady.

I was right all along.  It just sucks what may have been a quest to get Brady shotgun spread type route runners these last 3-5 years hasn't worked out as well as Tom would have liked.

That's a lot of WRs we've burned through and not many teams run a 70% precise route, timing shotgun spread at our rate, do they? No, they don't.

Not GB, not NOs, not anyone. We had become obsessed with it.

Points have changed at a rate of 1.2 points per team per game.  The average team now scores a total of almost 23 points a game compared to 3 years ago where it was stuck at 21.7 points a game for years.  Points per game were higher in parts of the 40's and 70's.

All Defenses operate under Goddell's rules.  Not all of them suck.

Look it up and come back and thank me for your daily football lesson.

You're Welcome!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree +1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No. You'd have to be brain dead to pretend the forward pass becoming popular in the 1940s with Sammy Baugh or the 1970s when the league changed or now with the Goodell rules somehow aren't turning points, and then comparing averages.

LOL

The difference between how the NFL is being run from 2000-2004 and 2005 until now, especially the last few years with a focus on reducing the way Ds play, is VAST.

A lot of it had to do with lawsuits, the hitting, the money tied to QBs now, etc.

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Didn't say they weren't turning points.  Just stated a fact.  Points per game were higher during those times, than they are now with Goody's rules. Therefore, your point is mute.

Defenses adjust.  They play with parameters but they adjust.  Not all D's suck.  Some haven't caught on yet but it's not because they play by different rules, it's because they suck.

Stop spinning, you lose.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No. You'd have to be brain dead to pretend the forward pass becoming popular in the 1940s with Sammy Baugh or the 1970s when the league changed or now with the Goodell rules somehow aren't turning points, and then comparing averages.

LOL

The difference between how the NFL is being run from 2000-2004 and 2005 until now, especially the last few years with a focus on reducing the way Ds play, is VAST.

A lot of it had to do with lawsuits, the hitting, the money tied to QBs now, etc.

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Didn't say they weren't turning points.  Just stated a fact.  Points per game were higher during those times, than they are now with Goody's rules. Therefore, your point is mute.

Defenses adjust.  They play with parameters but they adjust.  Not all D's suck.  Some haven't caught on yet but it's not because they play by different rules, it's because they suck.

Stop spinning, you lose.

They are turning points. They want them on the plus side.  It;s happening right in front of our eyes. Every offseason, hte rules are tweaked to help offenses.

My point is mute?  Why do you think Tagliabue was asked to resign, professor?

That fact the avefrage jumped so suddenly after it being stagnant for years is also more proof.

That's actually a big jump. It's not a coincidence it jumped and stayed high where it will be higher.

You have this hard time understanding trends, don't you?

Sorry, 1 point a game is not a jump.  That's the point.  You can't blame defenses struggles on rules because there has been NO significant change in the amount of points scored per game.  It's also logical to think that when D's get better, as they will, that the 1 insignificant point will go back to where it was.  Just like they did with the other times.

BTW.  Those 23 points are based on an average 12 possession game.  The average # of possessions have not changed.  That indicates offenses and defenses are NOT spending any more time per possession or that average would drop.  If offenses were holding the ball more, there would be an imbalance in the amount of possessions and time of possession.  That's just another indication the rules are having no great impact on either sides of the ball.  If offensive possession times increased, that would be a problem, but they haven't.   Well, not for good D's anyway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Stop spinning, you lose.

They are turning points. They want them on the plus side.  It;s happening right in front of our eyes. Every offseason, hte rules are tweaked to help offenses.

That fact the avefrage jumped so suddenly after it being stagnant for years is also more proof.

That's actually a big jump. It's not a coincidence it jumped and stayed high where it will be higher.

Sorry, 1 point a game is not a jump.  That's the point.  You can't blame defenses struggles on rules because there has been NO significant change in the amount of points scored per game.  It's also logical to think that when D's get better, as they will, that the 1 insignificant point will go back to where it was.  Just like they did with the other times.

BTW.  Those 23 points are based on an average 12 possession game.  The average # of possessions have not changed.  That indicates offenses and defenses are NOT spending any more time per possession or that average would drop.  If offenses were holding the ball more, there would be an imbalance in the amount of possessions and time of possession.  That's just another indication the rules are having no great impact on either sides of the ball.  If offensive possession times increased, that would be a problem, but they haven't.   Well, not for good D's anyway.

The yards is the key. The yards, now mostly passing is where the Ds "rankings" are affected. Throw in a BB D now or then as a D that gives up yards and then holds in the red zone, then you lose again.

Defenses today should not be judged on yards allowed, in particular, passing yards allowed.

So, when NE is "ranked" 27th or whatever, any Pats fan with a brain knows that means less than it did in 2001 when NE's D was ranked "24th". No one cares, nor should care and it means less now more than ever. It's why the JEts D sucked in reality, NE's was much better and they "ranked" higher based on only passing yards. They had no balance on D. We did.

It mean LESS no more than ever based on the traditional metrics. Get it, Corky?

Nope, and you need to get that the yards haven't increases for everyone.  If it's increased at all it's proportionate and does not discriminate because the Media or Goody doesn't like the Pats.

There is a vast difference between the amount of yards allowed for a first ranked D and a 31st ranked D.    It's worse for defenses that allow 100 passes over 20.  Get it?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Stop spinning, you lose.

The yards is the key. The yards, now mostly passing is where the Ds "rankings" are affected. Throw in a BB D now or then as a D that gives up yards and then holds in the red zone, then you lose again.

Defenses today should not be judged on yards allowed, in particular, passing yards allowed.

So, when NE is "ranked" 27th or whatever, any Pats fan with a brain knows that means less than it did in 2001 when NE's D was ranked "24th". No one cares, nor should care and it means less now more than ever. It's why the JEts D sucked in reality, NE's was much better and they "ranked" higher based on only passing yards. They had no balance on D. We did.

Nope, and you need to get that the yards haven't increases for everyone.  If it's increased at all it's proportionate and does not discriminate because the Media or Goody doesn't like the Pats.

There is a vast difference between the amount of yards allowed for a first ranked D and a 31st ranked D.    It's worse for defenses that allow 100 passes over 20.  Get it?

Again, this goes back to 4 rookies on D in 2010 or a young D with no camp off a lockout in 2011. No one with a brain is expecting some lock down veteran D in these seasons when it's clear what BB is doing. 

It also doesn't remove Brady from poor 2007 postseason play. That's your denominator. Brady. His offense. Shotgun spread. His preference. Deal with it.

THe comical part is, the D as limited as it was in 2011 was BETTER to its ceiling than the offense was in in the postseason, so you're argument sucks.

We lost SB 46 because our offense in a shotgun spread pissed away a lead, led by Brady's god awful INT to start the 4th qtr.

The drop/high throw only helped the loss to happen.

Give it up already. The board is tired of you trying to rewrite history.

Better to it's 31st ranked ceiling?  Laughable!  It can't get any worse.  Better than it's 105 DPR?    None worse!  Not a NFL SB defense.  Not even close!

Yup, if the Jest or any team had a D that couldn't force a 3 & out, stealing valuable possessions from the O because they think they're supposed to be on the field for 2/3rds the game or couldn't get a rz stop or on and on and on, I'm sure you'd be praising them.   bwahahaha.  What a phoney baloney.

You're right though, you can't rewrite history and it's in the books!  Worst SB D eva!!!

Nighty night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

hmmm u forgot Tom Brady and that awful division again- just like always

once Brady hangs them up and the AFC Easy goes form awful to good (well...) then we will see how great a GM Bellichick is and how Kraft's "budget" really works

but I will say-as I also always do-that BB learned what Parcells and Young taught him exceptionally well

Keep spouting those fallacies.

DIVISION RECORDS FOR THE DECADE (2000-2009)
    DIV                W        L        PCT
    AFC SOUTH     331     277     .544
    NFC EAST        343     296     .537
    AFC EAST        337     303     .527
    AFC NORTH     320     318     .502
    NFC SOUTH     316     323     .495
    AFC WEST       310     330     .484
    NFC NORTH     302     338     .472
    NFC WEST       283     357     .442

and exactly what is this supposed to show? you're gonna have to break down each teams individual schedules outside their divisions and conferences for this to mean anything to begin with-then lets see these results from oh say 07 till last season-you know after the team parcells helped build had run it's course and it was bellichicks alone

besides digger please stop with silly crap like this when u know exactly what i am saying: the pats have been in a divisipn with 3 BAD franchises for almost all of bellichicks run-and there wasn't a year i can think of when two teams were actually good at once, it was jets for a couple of years, the fins for a year or two, bills? dont think so...and the qb's in that division? jeez outsie of a good year or so from pennington and a rare unexpected moment or two from a now gone fitzpatrick in an age of qb being the most important part of a team (you know the so-called goodell offensive era) the afe easy has been pitiful-jeeez romo may throw ill advised picks but on a bad day he is better than anything that crap division has thrown up in a decade

really, stop with the out of context stuff masking as a cogent point-you know just what i am saying about the afc east: the pats and three stiffs for years now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

once Brady hangs them up and the AFC Easy goes form awful to good (well...) then we will see how great a GM Bellichick is and how Kraft's "budget" really works

but I will say-as I also always do-that BB learned what Parcells and Young taught him exceptionally well

I tried to tell him the other day....The NFC West was a perrenial joke overalll the last 10 years. He called the AFC East the worst which is pathetic, obviously.

He never has his facts straight. Trolls and Irrationals align together in this area.

nah i just took care of digger and this nonsense...the afc easy has been the pats ticket to 4-6 automatic wins a year for a long time now-with some of the worst qbs in the nfl at various points...even a mediocre division has competition if all the teams are reasonably even-the afc easy is the pats-a great franchise no doubt-and 3 jokers

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

UGH

never once feared Pats D in either SB or in general

feared Brady and that 07 machine on Off in 42 and feared Brady and the O (especially a recently departed underappreciated receiver)_in 46-never the D

I don't think Eli did either  :  )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Stop spinning, you lose.

Again, this goes back to 4 rookies on D in 2010 or a young D with no camp off a lockout in 2011. No one with a brain is expecting some lock down veteran D in these seasons when it's clear what BB is doing. 

It also doesn't remove Brady from poor 2007 postseason play. That's your denominator. Brady. His offense. Shotgun spread. His preference. Deal with it.

THe comical part is, the D as limited as it was in 2011 was BETTER to its ceiling than the offense was in in the postseason, so you're argument sucks.

We lost SB 46 because our offense in a shotgun spread pissed away a lead, led by Brady's god awful INT to start the 4th qtr.

Better to it's 31st ranked ceiling?  Laughable!  It can't get any worse.  Better than it's 105 DPR?    None worse!  Not a NFL SB defense.  Not even close!

Yup, if the Jest or any team had a D that couldn't force a 3 & out, stealing valuable possessions from the O because they think they're supposed to be on the field for 2/3rds the game or couldn't get a rz stop or on and on and on, I'm sure you'd be praising them.   bwahahaha.  What a phoney baloney.

You're right though, you can't rewrite history and it's in the books!  Worst SB D eva!!!

Nighty night!

Who cares about a 3 and out when you're allowing only 13 points and a "number 1" ranked offense looks average or at times bad? Did you want to see Brady use more shotgun as he gets older and older for more thrown away SBs? Why?

13 points is an incredible score defended against through 3 qtrs in a SB in this era.

Why does the crappy offense that was worse in terms of what it was capable of, become acceptbale with their performance?

17 points has only been enough off a wounded duck pass by Eli Manning, ironically when Tom Brady and his offense crapped it up good in that same SB.

Cannot be made up. Brady wanted weapons, wanted the shotgun and then crapped it up when it counted.

Brady needs to set down that drawbridge, lose some weight and be ready to scurry back the 4 -7 steps he should be doing under Center vs being lazy in the shotgun throwing games away.

will you ever end this? yeah Bellichick is a great coach and a very good GM

Tom Brady is an all time great...there now you can go play super mario or whatever the hell is is you do when not acting like a real *ss on this forum

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I tried to tell him the other day....The NFC West was a perrenial joke overalll the last 10 years. He called the AFC East the worst which is pathetic, obviously.

He never has his facts straight. Trolls and Irrationals align together in this area.

by the way i never once said the afc east was the "worst" division-not once

i said it sucks and it does

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I wonder why no mention of Mayo being the greatest LB ever?  Heck, the guy averages 80 tackle assists a year.  That's got to be a record of some type.

He's solid...nothing more. Mayo is not a team leader, and doesn't make the huge play or force turnovers, the way that the great ones do. Tedy Bruschi was a better player. Has Mayo ever made a play like Cool Bru made against the Colts in the 2004 AFC Playoff Game in Foxboro, when he ripped the ball out of the arms of Indy RB, Dominic Rhodes? Or...how about when Tedy went head to head with "The Bus" in Pittsburgh, in the 2004 AFC Title Game? Mayo doesn't have the "signature plays" that a LB needs top be considered an all-time great.      

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

by the way i never once said the afc east was the "worst" division-not once

i said it sucks and it does

Umm, no, The data above proves it doesn't and just because is THAT good year to year, doesn't mean the whole division sucks.

You're wrong. Factually wrong.

umm rot...the pats record alone raises the winning pct of the three weak sisters ie: the rest of the division-and thats not counting the individual records of each team out of the division

also my point that when have two of the other 3 teams been strong at the same time? u got one good-if that-other two bad...

then there's the idea that outside of brady name another good qb in that division in that whole time? i'll give u favre for one yr-who else? pennington? testaverde? fitzpatrick? moore? who? add them all together you don't get one good one

pats have counted on 4-6 divisoin wins every year forever-and they take full advantage of it good for them, nothing wrong with it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL

Enjoy your bludgeoning.

Stop spinning, you lose.

Nighty night!

Who cares about a 3 and out when you're allowing only 13 points and a "number 1" ranked offense looks average or at times bad? Did you want to see Brady use more shotgun as he gets older and older for more thrown away SBs? Why?

13 points is an incredible score defended against through 3 qtrs in a SB in this era.

Why does the crappy offense that was worse in terms of what it was capable of, become acceptbale with their performance?

17 points has only been enough off a wounded duck pass by Eli Manning, ironically when Tom Brady and his offense crapped it up good in that same SB.

Cannot be made up. Brady wanted weapons, wanted the shotgun and then crapped it up when it counted.

Brady needs to set down that drawbridge, lose some weight and be ready to scurry back the 4 -7 steps he should be doing under Center vs being lazy in the shotgun throwing games away.

Who cares about 3 & outs?

Well, you do, crusty!  As evidenced every time you scream to high heaven when the O (who were the best in the league at NOT having them) got one.  You are a fraud.

Teams care about 3 & outs.

BB, your idol, cares about 3 & outs because for every extra minute the D stays on the field; it robs your offense of that very same minute or minutes...  That in turn, robs your O of possessions. 

Offenses need possessions and minutes to score all those high points.

The D robbed the O of 4 possessions  because of those missing 3 & outs and 26, 1st downs.

No QB in the NFL has ever scored a point by sitting on the bench.  EVER!

It is the D's J.O.B. to make sure that doesn't happen.

When the coach basically has to pull the D off the field and allow the other team to score, you have a HUGE problem.

Fail

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Take the pats out of it then look at the division.  You'll see something very different.  How good a division is can be evidenced by how many teams they send to the playoffs.  Over that time the pats are 3rd out of 4 divisions in the AFC.  Not spectacular.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts