The LA Chargers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The LA Chargers?

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/04/14/sports/chargers/ze430e362bb3803e5882575940065e857.txt

it has a nice ring to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: The LA Chargers?

I want to say two things about this:

First, moss, I applaud your efforts to continually bring varied and interesting topics to the board in these slow days leading up to the draft.  Well done.

And secondly, this is the same group I've been reading about trying to lure the Vikings away from Minneapolis. I can't help but wonder if NFL owners  aren't just using this guy and his consortium to extort taxpayer-funded stadiums in their current locations. That appears to be what Zygi Wilf is trying to do hear in Minnesota and I've heard an endless array of talking heads on most every sports information outlet you can think of saying how Los Angeles couldn't care less about having an NFL team. Not to mention that I don't give a jolly god damn what does or doesn't happen to the Chargers. Having no lakes didn't stop the Lakers form moving there. I don't suppose a lack of horses would stop the Chargers.

Ultimately, who cares?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I want to say two things about this: First, moss, I applaud your efforts to continually bring varied and interesting topics to the board in these slow days leading up to the draft.  Well done. And secondly, this is the same group I've been reading about trying to lure the Vikings away from Minneapolis. I can't help but wonder if NFL owners  aren't just using this guy and his consortium to extort taxpayer-funded stadiums in their current locations. That appears to be what Zygi Wilf is trying to do hear in Minnesota and I've heard an endless array of talking heads on most every sports information outlet you can think of saying how Los Angeles couldn't care less about having an NFL team. Not to mention that I don't give a jolly god damn what does or doesn't happen to the Chargers. Having no lakes didn't stop the Lakers form moving there. I don't suppose a lack of horses would stop the Chargers. Ultimately, who cares?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you.i dont care what the chargers do.this is to arouse the charger faithfuls who likes to post here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That's your cue, jbolt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

and the homless guy on the street corner[AKA]webster!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]That's your cue, jbolt.

Thanks for the invite. The tree hugging, pencil pushing, morally deficient, bureaucratic, let's do a study on the impact of, lame politicians that run this town are a bunch of blithering idiots. My gut says the Chargers are gone in 5 years. If they build it we get a SB once every 4 years & the financial impact would be huge. They already have built a trolley system at the existing site (at a huge taxpayer cost). The best option is to build a new one in the existing parking lot of the current stadium, then, tear down the old one. So we don't have parking for a year, who cares. The Chula Vista oceanfront site would be great too. But, this current group of civic leaders has their collective heads pretty stinkin' far up their arses and I think they'll leave in 5. Sidenote: Chargers owner- Dean Spanos is good friends with the mayor of San Antonio 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

A Tommy Boy quote i love it! lol

It does not matter where the Chargers play their football as long as Norv Turner is the head coach they will never win a championship.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Somebody help me out here . . .

A guy who lives in San Diego is on Boston.com talking about bureaucratic, pencil-pushing, morally deficient, lame politicians doing impact studies at taxpayer expense.

If I stll lived in Boston I would say "Welcomne home, jbolt."

Bolt -- if you have any kind of sense of humor at all, you should check out some of the comment sections on the site regarding the Turnpike Authority or The Mass. Bay Transit Authority.

(Take a wild guess what an "Authority" is.)

Hee hee hee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody help me out here . . . A guy who lives in San Diego is on Boston.com talking about bureaucratic, pencil-pushing, morally deficient, lame politicians doing impact studies at taxpayer expense. If I stll lived in Boston I would say "Welcomne home, jbolt." Bolt -- if you have any kind of sense of humor at all, you should check out some of the comment sections on the site regarding the Turnpike Authority or The Mass. Bay Transit Authority. (Take a wild guess what an "Authority" is.) Hee hee hee

Really you just have to look back at what happened to Kraft's idea to build a stadium/convention center on the waterfront. All the Southie politicians lined up with their hands out and lists of relatives who needed no show jobs in return for their suport of the project and Kraft turned around and went back to Foxboro. At least he built the stadium with his own money.

Teams threatening to scat if they don't get taxpayer funded facilities is just a legal form of blackmail

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody help me out here . . . A guy who lives in San Diego is on Boston.com talking about bureaucratic, pencil-pushing, morally deficient, lame politicians doing impact studies at taxpayer expense. If I stll lived in Boston I would say "Welcomne home, jbolt." Bolt -- if you have any kind of sense of humor at all, you should check out some of the comment sections on the site regarding the Turnpike Authority or The Mass. Bay Transit Authority. (Take a wild guess what an "Authority" is.) Hee hee hee

Hilarious, but I think Bolt forgot "drunk" between "morally deficient" and "lame."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cannon-Ball. Show Cannon-Ball's posts

The stadium in LA has already got approval... they are just waiting for the team.  The way the economy is going, Minnesota is not going to be able to justify raising taxes for a new stadium.  Right now it looks like a real possiblity of the LA Vikings.  With the Rams moving to the NFC North.  The LA market can bring is so much more money than Minnesota it looks like it is almost a done deal. 

http://losangelesfootballstadium.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Kraft knew how things worked in Southie before he went for it so he should have known they were going to hold their hands out before they gave him the ok, forget it, who wants to go to southie for a football game anyway? I would much rather go to Foxboro and not get stabed on my way out then go to a game in Southie and get stabed lol

Sections
Shortcuts