The last piece of the puzzle is John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

The last piece of the puzzle is John Abraham

Time to get it done. Looking forward to the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: The last piece of the puzzle is John Abraham

In response to sandylolead's comment:

There must be something there. He's not taking visits that I've seen. Him, Freeney and Lloyd arn't attracting many hits it seems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

There must be something there. He's not taking visits that I've seen. Him, Freeney and Lloyd arn't attracting many hits it seems.

they might have overplayed their hands or as vets just waiting until right before camp starts so they don't have to go to the OTA's. That's the thing about Abraham, he's older and already made tons of money so he doesn't need to sign with any team. If he doesn't feel the need to play he can wait for the money he wants and if he doesn't get it retire happily.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

they might have overplayed their hands or as vets just waiting until right before camp starts so they don't have to go to the OTA's. That's the thing about Abraham, he's older and already made tons of money so he doesn't need to sign with any team. If he doesn't feel the need to playhe can wait for the money he wants and if he doesn't get it retire happily.

Seems a lot of proven vets have taken this route lately.  Go out, see what the market is for you, continue to do your due diligence for higher suitors, wait until July/early August and sign with a team so you can skip OTAs/come late to training camp.  These guys know how unbearable training camp can be and they know how to play the game so it's not as if training camp is a necessity for them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im guessing at this point it must be physical. I mean how many teams really NEED him?? Im guessing a handful and if his price is too high, a team would just draft a young guy instead of overpaying for a one year guy.

I guess getting Abe isnt imperative but I would like to see someone added. I think the problem is the pats dont want to overpay for a situational guy but pics like Bequette may not be ready this year. I think C.J. coming back improved helps alot and the CFL guys too, and at this point, BB may be set on what he has now and maybe bring in the B.A.P. via UDFA like Markel Carter and hope he hits on a diamond in the ruff. I know BB isnt gonna draft strictly a pass rusher so if anything, just draft another CB and more D-line help and I would be happy. Get a real rotation and allow us to see less of Love. I dont think we need a DE, but a versatile DT to learn under Kelley and Fork would be great

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I belive this has been refered to as "BB laying in the weeds"...and once he pounces, we are supposed to be "giddy"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

John Abraham is NOT the last piece of the puzzle. I wouldn't touch him honestly for anything more than the vets MINIMUM................there is only one remaining DT/DE that IMO is worth bringing in for more than the vet min.............................RICHARD SEYMOUR. He is younger, he is stronger, and he would be a perfect compliment on the line to Wilfork/Love,Jones...........the big question is why the Patriots haven't kicked the tires on him? Did he burn his bridges in NE totally?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Even if Seymour didn't completely hate us (and last time he was asked it was pretty clear he still did) he will never come back here.  The guy has his 3 rings.  He just wants money.  Not our MO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Even if Seymour didn't completely hate us (and last time he was asked it was pretty clear he still did) he will never come back here.  The guy has his 3 rings.  He just wants money.  Not our MO.

Even if he just wanted "the money" its clear his big paydays are over. Noone has even approached him with contract talks or an offer yet. Last word on interest was the Falcons a month earlier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think Abraham and BB have a verbal agreement in place already, its pure speculation, but many deals Belichick has negotiated with older, productive end of the line vets he has done so with a handshake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

John Abraham is NOT the last piece of the puzzle. I wouldn't touch him honestly for anything more than the vets MINIMUM................there is only one remaining DT/DE that IMO is worth bringing in for more than the vet min.............................RICHARD SEYMOUR. He is younger, he is stronger, and he would be a perfect compliment on the line to Wilfork/Love,Jones...........the big question is why the Patriots haven't kicked the tires on him? Did he burn his bridges in NE totally?

in a word YUP!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think Abraham and BB have a verbal agreement in place already, its pure speculation, but many deals Belichick has negotiated with older, productive end of the line vets he has done so with a handshake.

That would explain "the agreement" phrase when he was here.  BB said "here is our offer, we want you, but go shopping. Let us know and we'll revisit after the draft".

I somewhat agree with you. The only other element is Atlanta. Why move your family for 1 year if the money is the same in NE and Atlanta? Atlanta is loaded and ready for another run

That I think is the real issue. Abraham is waiting to see if NE would make moving worthwhile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think teams are are also waiting to see how the draft falls and what they need after the draft, especially with the older FAs who are really just short term fixes. So if the Pats get a great offer for pick 29 and end up drafting CBs and WRs, and OLs, then they need Abraham as a bridge to next years draft. If they don't trade out of the 1st round and end up with a stud DE, then there interest is going to be less in an older DE.

Cuts both way for the players as well - there will be a few teams after the draft desperate to fill a hole they didn't get in the draft, and other teams that no longer have interest.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Seymour should not come back. If we're going to sign "value" guys who spend half their time bathtubs filled with ice, which seems to be our preferred MO, we need to sign those who have a burning desire to get a ring. I will never be at peace that Junior didn't get his with us. #RIP

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandylolead. Show sandylolead's posts

Seymour was being very lazy on the field before we shipped him out to Oakland. You could see that he wasn't really trying. We don't need him back. I had great respect for him before he showed that type of attitude. Good luck to him playing somewhere else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I belive this has been refered to as "BB laying in the weeds"...and once he pounces, we are supposed to be "giddy"

Bill Belichick in the offseason . . . 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I bet he'd be fun on my flyrod. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I bet he'd be fun on my flyrod. 

Oh yeah

Sections
Shortcuts