The last piece of the puzzle is John Abraham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: The last piece of the puzzle is John Abraham

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to sandylolead's comment:

Time to get it done. Looking forward to the season.

I belive this has been refered to as "BB laying in the weeds"...and once he pounces, we are supposed to be "giddy"

Bill Belichick in the offseason . . . 

I bet he'd be fun on my flyrod. 

Oh yeah

I bet it's hard to beat a maribou with a little flash.  That looks like a jig to me.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I belive this has been refered to as "BB laying in the weeds"...and once he pounces, we are supposed to be "giddy"

Oh yeah

I bet it's hard to beat a maribou with a little flash.  That looks like a jig to me.  

It's a fly . . .  kind of a bunny strip with an eye . . . I use similar flies all the time for Pike and Musky.  Among my favourite fish to catch on a fly.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Oh yeah

It's a fly . . .  kind of a bunny strip with an eye . . . I use similar flies all the time for Pike and Musky.  Among my favourite fish to catch on a fly.  

hahahahah, we can learn biology here too! awesome guys LMAO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Oh yeah

Actually, that isn't a fly at all . . . it's a washed up veteran free agent you can get for $1.95.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Oh yeah

Actually, that isn't a fly at all . . . it's a washed up veteran you can get for $1.95.

What do you have a 10 ft rod and # 9 line? I was looking at a few pike patterns today.  I do a lot of bass fishing.  Those streamers would cross over. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Oh yeah

Actually, that isn't a fly at all . . . it's a washed up veteran free agent you can get for $1.95.

oh, I got it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh yeah

Actually, that isn't a fly at all . . . it's a washed up veteran you can get for $1.95.

What do you have a 10 ft rod and # 9 line? I was looking at a few pike patterns today.  I do a lot of bass fishing.  Those streamers would cross over. 

I mostly use my Sage Largemouth Bass rod, which is only 7.5 feet, with the equivalent of a 9 or 10 wt line.  The standard for large Pike, though, is a 9 ft 9 wt.  I have a 9 ft 8 wt that I sometimes use (though it's really a steelhead rod) and also a 9 ft 10 wt saltwater rod that I've used when fishing for big Muskies.  For muskies, I like big bunny strip flies which get really heavy when wet, so the 10wt is nice to cast those. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Oh yeah

I mostly use my Sage Largemouth Bass rod, which is only 7.5 feet, with the equivalent of a 9 or 10 wt line.  The standard for large Pike, though, is a 9 ft 9 wt.  I have a 9 ft 8 wt that I sometimes use (though it's really a steelhead rod) and also a 9 ft 10 wt saltwater rod that I've used when fishing for big Muskies.  For muskies, I like big bunny strip flies which get really heavy when wet, so the 10wt is nice to cast those. 

Ill bet , plus the steel leader or piano wire. Ill be doing a lot of fishing at lke of the woods this year.  Just getting ready.  I've done a fair amount of striped bass fishing in salt water. Blues are fun too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh yeah

Ill bet , plus the steel leader or piano wire. Ill be doing a lot of fishing at lke of the woods this year.  Just getting ready.  I've done a fair amount of striped bass fishing in salt water. Blues are fun too. 

Yeah, the wire also adds a lot of weight.  (I use Rio powerflex bite tippet.) I love flyfishing . . . for anything really.  I started with trout (and brook trout are still my favourite), but I fish for steelhead, pike and bass (largemouth and smallmouth) here in Ontario and used to do some saltwater fishing (stripers, blues) when I lived in Mass.  

Do you live in Minnesota?  Nice pike and musky there . . .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Philski . . . this looks tempting:

http://www.sageflyfish.com/fly-rods/specialty/pike-musky/

Didn't know they started making these . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Nice.  4 piece too you can travel with that.  You should get the book Fishing Flies by Malcolm greenhalgh & Jason smalley if you like tying flies

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice.  4 piece too you can travel with that.  You should get the book Fishing Flies by Malcolm greenhalgh & Jason smalley if you like tying flies

I'd like to do more tying.  I don't have the time with work, so I usually buy my flies now, but when I retire I hope to do more of it.  

Trout season opens here in Ontario this weekend. Weather looks awful, but I may try to get out if I can.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd like to do more tying.  I don't have the time with work, so I usually buy my flies now, but when I retire I hope to do more of it.  

Trout season opens here in Ontario this weekend. Weather looks awful, but I may try to get out if I can.  

Good luck. I'm out  have a good night. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good luck. I'm out  have a good night. 

You too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Yeah, the wire also adds a lot of weight.  (I use Rio powerflex bite tippet.) I love flyfishing . . . for anything really.  I started with trout (and brook trout are still my

favourite), but I fish for steelhead, pike and bass (largemouth and smallmouth) here in Ontario and used to do some saltwater fishing (stripers, blues) when I lived

in Mass. 

Do you live in Minnesota?  Nice pike and musky there . . .

Yes, Abraham go get him, he afterall was the first fisher of men ....;-)
    Abraham was the first Hebrew, which literally means he crossed over, believing in ONE God. So all Jews are not Hebrews, Thought that would be interesting.

Anyway:
    Plenty of Walleye in that area too besides Northern Pike. Walleye is great tasting fresh water fish. Salt water fish -as you mentioned- Striped Bass I find is very close to Haddock, very delightful eating. The stripers run strong about mid August, easy and plentiful, as they seek the inner waters to escape their predators, those nasty Blues with razor sharp teeth.  Need to go out for Cod over 50 miles, nowadays. My Boys bought a large new boat and we go out quite a distance. Have jetskis and watching them have fun, way out there. My pal from Minnesota could'nt believe his eyes when he saw a 9" wide reel and he asked whats that for? Oh, my boy says, "when I catch a 3-500 lb Tuna (on his bucket list) and the Japanese will buy it". Then he showed him the Tuna flag .... the Japanese spot the flag and offer cash for the Tuna. A short time later it's canned Bumblebee or something ......

Have fun ;-))