The last two FA signings will be,who?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The last two FA signings will be,who?

Since we all know that the Patriots are up against the numbers now the last two FA's that they should sign in my opinion are Vollmer and Edelman unfortunately that's means they will have to split 7.5mil between the two of them. I figure Seabass get 5 mil per and Edelman gets the rest. What say ye oh Patriots fans on Boston.com's on the front burner?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: The last two FA signings will be,who?

I don't have a better alternative unless they choose to move on from both.  In which case I'm thinking another FA corner and/or wideout.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Abraham, Vollmer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think the big question is Vollmer and until that gets resolved the Pats are probably in limbo. I believe they have about 5M set aside for him. If he signs elsewhere, then they will look at other options. If he resigns then they will be looking for a few vets later in free agency in the 1+M range.

I think they would like to sign Abraham but his number is a little high at the moment. Same is probably true for Edelman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Since we all know that the Patriots are up against the numbers now the last two FA's that they should sign in my opinion are Vollmer and Edelman unfortunately that's means they will have to split 7.5mil between the two of them. I figure Seabass get 5 mil per and Edelman gets the rest. What say ye oh Patriots fans on Boston.com's on the front burner?????

Im hoping its Abraham and another CB. Lineman can be replaced, pass rush not so much. Edleman is a tease I would be happy  to move on from and I think Amendola is better.

Its seems like everyone thinks we are set at Cb with the immortal Arrington being resigned the Durable, all american Talib and the patriots way guy Dennard who was charged with beating a cop! Sounds like a stable group of players! oh, I forgot about Ras I, who will be in camp too. What a Lineup!  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

My Guess:

They will sign more than 2. As this goes on prices will drop.

Sanders, Abraham and ?

They will fill in OL with a release during the season and/or a draft pick, no Volmer

maybe the ? is Edlemann

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Im hoping its Abraham and another CB. Lineman can be replaces, pass rush not so much. Edleman is a tease I would happy to move on from and I think Amendola is better.

Its seems like everyone thinks we are set at Cb with the immortal Arrington being resigned the Durable, all american Talib and the patriots way guy Dennard who was charged with beating a cop! Sounds like a stable group of players! oh, I forgot about Ras I, who will be in camp too. What a Lineup!  LOL

They will probably draft a CB and they could draft a replacement for Vollmer because this is a strong draft class for both the O-line and DB's they could also get a quality WR in the 3rd round if they choose not to re-sign Edelman. The position of actual need is for an interior lineman on the D. Someone who can help The Fork force the Oppositions O-line to man up against him and get that interior push so guys like Nink,Jones or the new guys Vega and or Armstead can get to the QB more often....Maybe they get real lucky and draft one of the Williamses NC St's or Alabama's! Then if the draft gods are smiling on them they can get a DB like Swearinger and a receiver like Swope,these are just names and don't reflect actual Draft choices that will be made....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im hoping its Abraham and another CB. Lineman can be replaces, pass rush not so much. Edleman is a tease I would happy to move on from and I think Amendola is better.

They will probably draft a CB and they could draft a replacement for Vollmer because this is a strong draft class for both the O-line and DB's they could also get a quality WR in the 3rd round if they choose not to re-sign Edelman. The position of actual need is for an interior lineman on the D. Someone who can help The Fork force the Oppositions O-line to man up against him and get that interior push so guys like Nink,Jones or the new guys Vega and or Armstead can get to the QB more often....Maybe they get real lucky and draft one of the Williamses NC St's or Alabama's! Then if the draft gods are smiling on them they can get a DB like Swearinger and a receiver like Swope,these are just names and don't reflect actual Draft choices that will be made....

sounds like you and I are on the same page. I also would like to add an impact DT, and I would love Swearinger here too but would also like them to bring in another vet CB. Right now Talib is the vet and thats not really good IMO as he needs a mentor to keep him in line. I wouldnt be mad if they didnt draft a WR though because I believe they will fail at that. Just sign another young WR, draft ALL defense outside of maybe one stud 0-Lineman.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If I had to pick only 2 I'd probably go with Abe and Vollmer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Abraham, Vollmer

Agreed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Abraham and Edelman

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Abraham and Edelman

Yeah, would rather have Edelman than Vollmer.  Edelman can take punts, save a roster spot and be the 4thor 5th WR backing up Hernandez as a slot or flanker.  I guess it depends on Vollmer's health.  I just hope they don't cave and overpay Vollmer. 

That 7 million number is too high.  I'd be happy with Eric Winston if cheaper.

I don't think they have any intention of signing Vollmer if the $$ is high. We need the defense in Abraham, and like you I think Edelman offers more versatility to the team..if healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I will stick to what I said in the offseason. Vollmer is a nice player but Logie is making 8 million and Vollmer has had back issues for a while so no need to pay all that money when Dante can make silk out of Sh*t!  We will put Cannon there and go through some growing pains, draft the best tackle available in the 2nd or just promote within. The replacement could already be here, but I say he is gone, unless he really lowers his demand. Some team will pay him, not us. No to Edleman too. I guess you guys feel we need more special teams players and jack of all trades who arent great at anything, but what IS the fascination with Edleman now that Amendola is here? Are we supposed to sign a backup slot WR who ALSO has injury history? Leon can return punts and so can D.Jones. In 4 years, the guy has never lined up under center despite most people saying he is an emergency qb ( I never believed that) so we just gonna resign redundant players while our defense suffers another year? Bring back the same cast of arrington and talib and pray for better results?? Im hoping BB has something big in mind or plans on using the remaining money on DEFENSE!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thin if you give Edelman more than 1.2 million you're nuts

I think it would be ok if you can get Abraham for 2 million, Edelman for 1.2 and Vllmer on a prove it deal for 4.5 million. That would leave us with 6 million to spend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Cruz and Sanders

Or 

Trade our 2nd for Spenser

And

Reed 3/17 should get it done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

give me abraham and grimes. then edelman

7 mil, thought we were at doubel that

restructure one of the other 2 bigs 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Im hoping its Abraham and another CB. Lineman can be replaced, pass rush not so much. Edleman is a tease I would be happy  to move on from and I think Amendola is better.

triple i have been saying for  several weeks (re # of cbs needed in fa) and pass rusher in fa and draft.

absolutley agree, abrahamn and at least a #2 cb

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

My Guess:

They will sign more than 2. As this goes on prices will drop.

Sanders, Abraham and ?

They will fill in OL with a release during the season and/or a draft pick, no Volmer

maybe the ? is Edlemann

pitt gm has said theyd match it no matter what it is

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thin if you give Edelman more than 1.2 million you're nuts

I think it would be ok if you can get Abraham for 2 million, Edelman for 1.2 and Vllmer on a prove it deal for 4.5 million. That would leave us with 6 million to spend.

not bad, but wheres my cb

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

how many  safeties are we going to carry?

draft pass rusher and 2 big wrs

abraham and legit cb maybe o line, maybe edelman

bb missed on tes a lot too till hern and gronk

grab hopkins and rogers if pssible (otherwise few other nice big wrs with hands)

Sections
Shortcuts