The Lee Evans "drop"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Lee Evans "drop"

This is all over the place. ESPN is running a weepy and touching special story on in right this moment. Why does everyone talk about the "drop", and not one person is saying that Sterling Moore made a good play and actually knocked the ball out of his hands? Without Moore doing that, its a touchdown. Evans had the ball in both hands when Moore disrupted the reception.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: The Lee Evans

Yeah, I think I saw it in one place where someone said it was defensed and not a drop. Sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

This is all over the place. ESPN is running a weepy and touching special story on in right this moment. Why does everyone talk about the "drop", and not one person is saying that Sterling Moore made a good play and actually knocked the ball out of his hands? Without Moore doing that, its a touchdown. Evans had the ball in both hands when Moore disrupted the reception.

it was knocked out of his hands on an alert and clutch play by moore

combined with two things: evans should have secured it, he relaxed too soon

and his feet were down? might or might not have been a TD-the fact that it wasn't reviewed by the booth is still awful funny

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

Yeah, I think I saw it in one place where someone said it was defensed and not a drop. Sad.

Its sad for Evans I agree, and sad that Moore does not get credit, but its also an example of how hard people were pulling against NE last year, and are again this year. They want to see Lee Evans make an incredible diving catch as time expires to win it for Baltimore. My sister in law who hates NE, was griping about the drop day after the game last year, and I said "well, Id call that a good play by Sterling Moore". Having been beaten back from that, she then said something about missing the FG, to which I replied that the FG would have only tied the game, not won it. The prejudices are sometimes incredible, and so are all the fantasies that they inspire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and his feet were down? might or might not have been a TD-the fact that it wasn't reviewed by the booth is still awful funny

They wouldnt have reversed that call. Everyone knows that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

oh u could be 100% correct...i didnt say it was a TD and moore made a great play-very smart for a rookie

my point is werent you even a little surprised it wasnt reviewed? in such a bi game in that spot?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

oh u could be 100% correct...i didnt say it was a TD and moore made a great play-very smart for a rookie

my point is werent you even a little surprised it wasnt reviewed? in such a bi game in that spot?

Yes, I was surprised they didnt look at it again, but their thought might have been that it wouldnt have done anything but make things worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yes, I was surprised they didnt look at it again, but their thought might have been that it wouldnt have done anything but make things worse.

well it's in the books anyway...would be crazy if todays games came down to the craziness of last years...both NFC and AFC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Lee Evans gave credit to sterling for a great play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Something tells me this game is going to come down to a play like this again; and again in the Patriots favor; just a hunch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

Its sad for Evans I agree, and sad that Moore does not get credit, but its also an example of how hard people were pulling against NE last year, and are again this year. They want to see Lee Evans make an incredible diving catch as time expires to win it for Baltimore. My sister in law who hates NE, was griping about the drop day after the game last year, and I said "well, Id call that a good play by Sterling Moore". Having been beaten back from that, she then said something about missing the FG, to which I replied that the FG would have only tied the game, not won it. The prejudices are sometimes incredible, and so are all the fantasies that they inspire.

True. And while the analysts don't say it right out, they do seem to imply the FG would have won it.

I can understand how they feel. I still see Gronk diving and catching that Hail Mary in the SB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Something tells me this game is going to come down to a play like this again; and again in the Patriots favor; just a hunch.

Well I hope youre right NH.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Lee Evans gave credit to sterling for a great play. 

That might have been where I read it. The story about Evans and Cundiff now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

<

<

<

<

<

Sections
Shortcuts