The level of HYPOCRISY....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The level of HYPOCRISY....

in the media and out of town fans is amazing.  Consider -

This year alone has seen the following final scores:

NYG 44 - OAK 7; ATL 45 - SF 10; SEA 41 - JAX 0; NO 48 - PHI 22; SF 35 - STL 0

The Pats win 59 - 0 and we are seeing headlines about the Pats running up the score.  All they did is execute plays and all this in the SNOW!  Did we see ANY such headlines for the above games?  NOPE!  Seems what is good for the rest of the league doesn't apply to the Patriots.  Teams winning big is a sign of their superiority and great game, their fans celebrating all the way.  Pats win big, they are arrogant, classless, run up the score, BB is a jerk and some moronic out of town fan will wish Brady had been clocked and hurt.  What hypocrisy!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: The level of HYPOCRISY....

This is because a Patriots' offense running on all cylinders is a death sentence for the rest of the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Still can't see how's it is running up the score when you pull your starters out after the first series of the 3rd quarter. Add 5 turnovers by the Titans. As a coach you have a rookie QB out there you want him to throw the ball and treat it like a 0-0 game. Thats how he learns. Hoyer gains nothing by handing off the ball each play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

AGC - Were you reading about these other games to the depth you are reading about your pats?  That could be the difference, I don't know. 

I haven't read anything yet about the pats running up the score. 

Other thoughts 59 is 169% of 35.  144% of 41.  If that matters. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

And I hope we do it 13 more times this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

It is becasue of who was on the winning end. I am not saying it is a conspiracy, but the Pats have been a dominant force in the NFL for this entire decade, people want to hear about them especially the negatives such as scoring 59 points. Just like when the Ravens lost to the Pats it was the refs and it was a huge media frenzy, I haven't seen anything in the media about the previous two Ravens losses; well that is not true Old Man Favre did beat them yesterday; everyone knows how the media loves him.
    As a Pats fans I look at the hate as envy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The level of HYPOCRISY....:
    AGC - Were you reading about these other games to the depth you are reading about your pats?  That could be the difference, I don't know.  I haven't read anything yet about the pats running up the score.  Other thoughts 59 is 169% of 35.  144% of 41.  If that matters. 
    Posted by underdogg

Articles in Sporting News and USA Today, talking points on all sports talk shows, in which the lead dealt with the Pats running up the score and quotes from Titans players and Fisher as to how they felt about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Somebody somewhere on here said that there is no such thing as running up the score, and I tend to agree with that.

At what point are players supposed to stop trying?

And whose fault is it if players get hurt when one team is playing full-speed and the other isn't?

The fact that Tennessee still couldn't contain the Pats after they took their foot off the gas says more about the Titans than it does about the Pats.

This is a non-issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LET THEM SCREAM!  They can talk about running up the score and cheating all they want.  It only means one thing...THE PATS ARE WINNING!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We should have given Hoyer some more reps trying to throw it in instead of the lame QB sneaks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Prairie..  it is a no win scneario for the Patriots, when you think about it.

True, why did Brady start the second half, but, in the first series for Hoyer, he led the team to a TD!!  Even if Brady didn't start the second half, folks would have been screaming at that score!  Also, the Pats didn't even dispute a late game fumble by the Titans that could have given them more points.  Every player interviewed says it is a 60 minute game and play hard to the end.  Dungy so much as said that and he would expect his players to play hard until the end.  Any 2nd stringers in the game are trying hard to impress so they could become first stringers.  Any pro wants his opponent's best punch so he can punch back harder, not sympathy.  That is insulting.  Only fans seem to think that way!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

AGC - Were you reading about these other games to the depth you are reading about your pats?  That could be the difference, I don't know.  I haven't read anything yet about the pats running up the score.  Other thoughts 59 is 169% of 35.  144% of 41.  If that matters. 
    Posted by underdogg

I have, all over, and they just said it on PTI.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

P.S. - I thought the story of the day would be the Pats setting all those records, Brady setting mkost of them in one quarter.  I mean, it was a historic beating of epic proportions.

Instead, it fell to about third, behind the Saints' win and the Vikings' win. And when they cover it, they talk about Brady's stats as if he was in all game.  Few mention that he was pullled just after halfway.  

Now imgaine the gushing if Favre, Manning, Sanchez, Brees, the other Manning, Warner or a host of other QBs/teams had done the same? 

Now take that, and add the fact that a QB like Manning or Favre was coming off the exact injury Brady did, and had that game? Can you imagine the onslaught of Manning-worship had Peyton done the same?

The only explanation (for this, and all the weird fines against Pats players this year...again) is a decidely anti-Pats bias.  It's like the Pats have been shunned since winnning their 3rd ring too quickly.

But I will take it if the result is victory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon804. Show Leon804's posts

AGs-Agreed I'm as embarrassed as you are for BB!Running up the score like that makes him look like an angry High School Coach.
    This guy has been slipping all year according to this Forum.Add this to the list I guess.NO class that BB -Never had any and never will!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Somebody somewhere on here said that there is no such thing as running up the score, and I tend to agree with that.
    Posted by prairiemike

I said that.

Points are a tiebreaker. Period. End of story. Even if it only happens once in a millenium, I would hate to be the coach that pulled his starters and then lost a tiebreaker based on strength of victory.

And as far as media bias goes, I think it is all about headlines. In the aformentioned beatdowns, not one player was asked about this. The mere fact that the question is raised shows that Patriot hating is still a way to generate headlines. I don't care about it really. ESPN got so fat off of it, tha now they have had to pay through the nose to bring on Boston specific journalists just to get access here. Makes me laugh actually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1427960. Show user_1427960's posts

Posted by underdogg

.......And 2 is 200% of 1!!!!   Not sure what you were tyring to say Mr. Math Wizard. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Running up the score...that's laughable. The Titans were pathetic yesterday. We ran the ball and they couldn't even stop that. Maybe we should have had Hoyer take a knee on every offensive play after halftime. You know...just to give them a fighting chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: The level of HYPOCRISY.... : I said that. Points are a tiebreaker. Period. End of story. Even if it only happens once in a millenium, I would hate to be the coach that pulled his starters and then lost a tiebreaker based on strength of victory. And as far as media bias goes, I think it is all about headlines. In the aformentioned beatdowns, not one player was asked about this. The mere fact that the question is raised shows that Patriot hating is still a way to generate headlines. I don't care about it really. ESPN got so fat off of it, tha now they have had to pay through the nose to bring on Boston specific journalists just to get access here. Makes me laugh actually.
    Posted by zbellino

See the national poll at halftime tonight?  State-by-state, asked who had the bigger day, Brees or Brady, only R.I., N.H. and Mass. voted Brady. 

Think about it.  Brady gets more yards in a little more than half the playing time, sets a bunch of team records, ties or breaks a few league records, and would surely have shattered a bunch more had he been allowed to play for two more series.  Brees scores same number of TDs, but over the course of a whole game, in a dome no less, with fewer yards and no league records.

Admittedly, the Giants are better than the Titans, but Brady could have put up 8 or 9 TDs and 600 yards if left in the game, IN A SNOWSTORM AND AFTER A YEAR OFF WITH A MAJOR INJURY, and somehow the rest of the nation - including the spiteful Steve Jackson - say Brees was better?!?! 

I rest my case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: The level of HYPOCRISY.... : Articles in Sporting News and USA Today, talking points on all sports talk shows, in which the lead dealt with the Pats running up the score and quotes from Titans players and Fisher as to how they felt about it.
    Posted by agcsbill

I don't think its really anything to worry about. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to The level of HYPOCRISY....:
    in the media and out of town fans is amazing.  Consider - This year alone has seen the following final scores: NYG 44 - OAK 7; ATL 45 - SF 10; SEA 41 - JAX 0; NO 48 - PHI 22; SF 35 - STL 0 The Pats win 59 - 0 and we are seeing headlines about the Pats running up the score.  All they did is execute plays and all this in the SNOW!  Did we see ANY such headlines for the above games?  NOPE!  Seems what is good for the rest of the league doesn't apply to the Patriots.  Teams winning big is a sign of their superiority and great game, their fans celebrating all the way.  Pats win big, they are arrogant, classless, run up the score, BB is a jerk and some moronic out of town fan will wish Brady had been clocked and hurt.  What hypocrisy!!
    Posted by agcsbill
    Dan the Dooshbag Patrick called it running up the score. Dungy and Harrison thought BB did the right thing. Hoyer is in the game early third, what a joke. There is no running up the score in the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The level of HYPOCRISY.... : I don't think its really anything to worry about. 
    Posted by underdogg

Worry is not the issue, dogg...  it is the hypocrisy of even mentioning running up the score when the Pats wins big while similar big wins by other teams don't get a sniff.  I do know, in the 2007 season, some of the very same scores I posted earlier, if this had been the Pats, would have been considered running up the score. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

There are a lot of hacks working for national sports media today and Patrick is one of the premier hacks, IMO.

Oh, and he sounds flat and boring to boot.

On an aside, if Bruschi is not using a ghost writer on his work, I have to say I am mightily impressed with his columns and commentary.  He could be a star if he sticks with it.

However, Harrsion is going to make too many enemies with his no-holds-barred style.  Who will he interview?  The waterboy?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I looked in sporting news but could not find it.  I did find it in USA Today, but cannot speak to the radio programs. 

Here's my thought on that.  The way it was written in USA Today implies (at least imo) that the question was asked of Fishers possibly in the post game press conference.  If that's the case then this guy just wrote about it.  As for the radio programs, if they can't be sensational then they aren't on the radio. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Either way, dogg....   this topic was not on the sports radar for other teams' blow-out wins until the Pats had one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Point taken.  Its lonely at the top isn't it.  Let me know how it looks up there.

Sections
Shortcuts