The Lowest Common Denominator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Lowest Common Denominator

Is there a particular reason we've decided in this forum to allow the lowest common denominator to lead or control discusions?  I'm not talking about Pats fans, regardless of the ax that their grinding.  I'm talking about those who are either fans of other teams or have no team that they can root for but regardles, post here for the singular purpose of disrupting discussions and harrassing serious Pats fans.

By responding to them all we're doing is feeding them and they seem to be controling more discussions than serious Pats fans.  In my experience they bring nothing to the table except distraction and disrupton.  Respectfully, I suggest we ignore them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Lowest Common Denominator

It's the off season.  There will be no good football games to for about seven months.

We just keep coming back like the zombies on Dawn of the Dead.

Nothing interesting is happening, nor will it, for a while.  It's so bad, you're unimpressed with disliked posters starting threads about non-Pats stuff...that you started a thread about the disliked posters.

Off season malarky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Nothing interesting? Yesterday we had a discussion about fractions, today we get lowest common denominator. Looking ahead to tomorrows topic: The Commutative Property, a friend or a foe?? ANYTHING is better than Babe droning on about the shortcomings of BB or reading Rustys opinions about how everything is TFBs fault...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ANYTHING is better than Babe droning on about the shortcomings of BB or reading Rustys opinions about how everything is TFBs fault...

[/QUOTE]

You have a point!! LOL

Not sure how many I have on ignore...but it's a lot!! The people that are here just to stir the pot are easy to spot, and once on ignore, the problem doesn't exist for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The most brilliant response to a troll is to ignore them.  Don't even ridicule them when they say stupid things.  Use the ignore button and you won't get sucked in.

I wish I always took my own advice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

the only thing that really bugs me is the" reply to this post"  when its about six paragraphs long. Is it necessary to copy all of that to respond. . Why not cut and paste. Alot of good comments get lost and by the time I figure out where to find the response I've lost interest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

IMO UD6 and gintsfan have better conversations here then some of our own fans rusty,mel for example.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

There are too many to count and some of them are supposed Pats fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO UD6 and gintsfan have better conversations here then some of our own fans rusty,mel for example.

[/QUOTE]

I had 4246 on ignore for a long time, but recently took him off after reading a quoted message.  He's okay.  UD6 stays on ignore as do many of the stupid posters and all of the alter ego names that The Rusty Trombone uses.

Be careful lighting up Rusty Trombone, however.  He may start emailing people at your office in an attempt to get you fired.  He did that to RKarp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a particular reason we've decided in this forum to allow the lowest common denominator to lead or control discusions?  I'm not talking about Pats fans, regardless of the ax that their grinding.  I'm talking about those who are either fans of other teams or have no team that they can root for but regardles, post here for the singular purpose of disrupting discussions and harrassing serious Pats fans.

By responding to them all we're doing is feeding them and they seem to be controling more discussions than serious Pats fans.  In my experience they bring nothing to the table except distraction and disrupton.  Respectfully, I suggest we ignore them.

[/QUOTE]

You know, ATJ...  well put.  But, notice we are all here just about every day aren't we?  Looking for something to sink our teeth into even it it means smacking down a troll or two for their rantings.  Don't ya just hate the off-season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the only thing that really bugs me is the" reply to this post"  when its about six paragraphs long. Is it necessary to copy all of that to respond. . Why not cut and paste. Alot of good comments get lost and by the time I figure out where to find the response I've lost interest.

[/QUOTE]

So true and you can simply cut out all the "stuff" that is not important.  For the most part, when I respond, it is not to any of the comments made earlier in the string and is generally to the last post in the string.  I atttempt to cut out all that is not germaine to the point I am responding to and bold the part I am focused on, like above.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

It's hopeless.

I've been posting on these boards for nearly five years now and this is a constant. There are those who come here only to aggravate and annoy home town fans. I agree that they should be ignored. On the other hand there are Boston sports fans here who simply will not do this. Whether they believe that "they're defending the board" or "spanking the troll" or simply enjoy the senseless useless trash talk, it seems they just can't can't help but rise to the bait, thereby giving these creatures exactly what they seek.

I feel your frustration in this but see no end to the unrelenting absurdity of it all.

Good luck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We need to start Choose Your Reaction Thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Is this another thread about Reach Around Russell?  Be careful folks, he might email your co workers to gain more information about you. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have all of them on ignore, as well as most of the worthless Pats fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Such a charmer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of both.  That must be a large ignore list.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of both.  That must be a large ignore list.

[/QUOTE]

It's getting very large. There are 7 ignored posts to 12 visible on this thread for example.

It's the way to go. These people are worthless to read.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Instead of banning posters perhaps those who engage in the bashing of each other (not disagreements but pages and pages of childish namecalling and insults) should be put on "forced ignore" from the other.

For instance Mel's account should be forced to ignore all the folks on his Butsie persona list.

Obviously many folks here  do not take Babes approach and ignore people who would just illicite a negative or non contructive dialog. He has saved us the tedium of withnessing that voluntarily. Maybe the mods should do this forcefully in the worse cases. ..like putting the two kindergarteners who fight in different play groups.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most brilliant response to a troll is to ignore them.  Don't even ridicule them when they say stupid things.  Use the ignore button and you won't get sucked in.

[/QUOTE]

LOL. Giving it another go....

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have new resolve...........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL. Giving it another go....

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have new resolve...........

[/QUOTE]

You know how we, Americans, are , we always want to help the needy and these trolls are just begging for some direction.  You think if they are this way here, what must it be like for them in real life when they come face to face with a fan of a team they hate.  Do they spout off then like they do here?  I do not think so, because, they'd have no teeth left!

Sections
Shortcuts