2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: The Magic Carpet ride is over

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 2010 GB Packers say hi

[/QUOTE]

I wish the current PATS team was as good as the 2010 Packers. The Packers that year had a lousy D. But our D this year has to be one of the worst in recent memory. And Rogers had way more weapons than TB. On closer examination, there's no comparison between the 2 teams.

[/QUOTE]

Says the biggest negative nancy on this board.

How many points did the defense give up against the 'juggernaut' Broncos offense over 5 quarters?  I'll give you a hint: it's not 31 points like some of the morons in here that keep referencing that point total.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We had no Gronk in the AFC Title game last year. Brady didn't have most of the season.   We just need our defense to stay healthy and for Brady to not turn it over multiple times.

Never put anything past BB in terms of playing to what his roster is.

He relishes these challenges.  Count this team out. Go ahead.   Denver's D still sucks. Bad.

[/QUOTE]

Good point...We had no Gronk in the AFC title game last year, and we got our @ss handed to us.  

Not to mention we had Vince, Mayo, and I believe Hernandez (?) playing in that game.  And to repeat...We got our @ss handed to us.  Oh, and we had a guy named Welker too. 

So we weren't good enough to win the AFC last year.  This year, we subtract Welker, Hernandez, Wilfork, and Mayo.  But we're going to be better?  

Dude, we're all fans, we'll all root for them, and we all love the heart the team shows.  But 2013 ended today. 

We'll be back in 2014. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just kind of feel bad for Gronk at this point, I mean the guy has a bad arm, a bad back and now a devastating knee injury. The gronk as we know it is finished, done. He will play again for sure, but he will never be what we are used to seeing...that unique blend of speed and power will be gone. Now perhaps we will see him next November, but he will not be the same player - if you look at him two years from now he still won't be the same player...he'll be older and most likely gone from here.

[/QUOTE]

Jeesh, pessimistic much? It's an ACL, it's routine surgery these days. I guess you didn't notice Adrian Peterson playing at a rather high level what seven months removed? Or Welker a few years ago, same story?

I saw no signs of any impact to Gronk from the back or arm this year. He looked like the exact same guy to me. If I was Rusty, I'd bet you a week's hiatus from the board and a sincere apology if he's not in the starting lineup in September. That's nine months, no problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We had no Gronk in the AFC Title game last year. Brady didn't have most of the season.   We just need our defense to stay healthy and for Brady to not turn it over multiple times.

He relishes these challenges.  Count this team out. Go ahead.   Denver's D still sucks. Bad.

[/QUOTE]

Good point...We had no Gronk in the AFC title game last year, and we got our @ss handed to us.  

Not to mention we had Vince, Mayo, and I believe Hernandez (?) playing in that game.  And to repeat...We got our @ss handed to us.  Oh, and we had a guy named Welker too. 

So we weren't good enough to win the AFC last year.  This year, we subtract Welker, Hernandez, Wilfork, and Mayo.  But we're going to be better?  

Dude, we're all fans, we'll all root for them, and we all love the heart the team shows.  But 2013 ended today. 

We'll be back in 2014. 

[/QUOTE]

We didn't have Talib and Jones. Hopefully this year we do.

You can bandwagon yourself somewhere else.   Denver's D still blows.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok. Do you watch football? Pats and Denver may have been blow for blow evenly matched with gronk but without him? Seriously brother....do you watch games or read your fantasy stats and deduce from there? Come on bro. You made a fool out of yourself on the game thread. I'm asking you...pats fan to pats fan...give it up for few days. Regroup. Think about your incendiary behavior and come back with some contrition. At least lay off for the evening. No? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just kind of feel bad for Gronk at this point, I mean the guy has a bad arm, a bad back and now a devastating knee injury. The gronk as we know it is finished, done. He will play again for sure, but he will never be what we are used to seeing...that unique blend of speed and power will be gone. Now perhaps we will see him next November, but he will not be the same player - if you look at him two years from now he still won't be the same player...he'll be older and most likely gone from here.

[/QUOTE]

Jeesh, pessimistic much? It's an ACL, it's routine surgery these days. I guess you didn't notice Adrian Peterson playing at a rather high level what seven months removed? Or Welker a few years ago, same story?

I saw no signs of any impact to Gronk from the back or arm this year. He looked like the exact same guy to me. If I was Rusty, I'd bet you a week's hiatus from the board and a sincere apology if he's not in the starting lineup in September. That's nine months, no problem.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you are right. Still, TE is a position they should be thinking about in the offseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stop talking nonsense. We aren't doomed. This is still a good team and always will be with Brady at QB and BB coaching.

We still have a shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

....I saw no signs of any impact to Gronk from the back or arm this year. He looked like the exact same guy to me. If I was Rusty, I'd bet you a week's hiatus from the board and a sincere apology if he's not in the starting lineup in September. That's nine months, no problem.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you are right. Still, TE is a position they should be thinking about in the offseason.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, but that was the case anyway. They're pretty thin there even if he's back at full strength.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Exactly Babe! Above.  

I feel this pats team got some 'redsox' in them, with thes. Comebacks and wild year that it has been.  They have been thru a lot , no doubt, but they kick on fighting!  Amazing to witness! 

I feel they' ll find a way and some how, some way find themselves playing the first week of Feb!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gronk will be back. He won't rush back. we will start to hear injury prone. His injuries are legit. There not wussy injuries. That BS ward did today was dirty n cheap. But the nfl wants you to hit low and not at the head, as a result we lost the best tight end or #2 in the game .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It better be bases loaded bottom of the eighth Big Papi kind of magic, or its all over. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Personally I think with out Gronk and the current defense they will need a few miracles. Since the super bowl is in New York they could win it all with the help of the weather. If they can get a bye and win their first playoff game pray for miserable weather in the AFC Championship game and more miserable weather in the super bowl since it's in New York. The Pats usually play well in the snow and the wind (rain not so much). I don't think the current roster can win a track meet playoff game unless Vereen can catch 15 passes a game and he won't be seeing a lot of linebackers from here on out after today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10-3.  Wow, what a ride.  We were doing it ugly more often than not, but we were doing it, and as Parcells would say, a W is a W.  It certainly felt like their might be some magic in the air there for a little while. 

I think we can all agree what Gronk means to this offense.  He's second only to Brady as far as being a critical component that makes this O tick.  The games we played without him this year, our D was getting it done.  It's sustained too many injuries this year though, and with the return of Gronk we could once again rely on our O to keep us in games or come back from behind.  The numbers compared to Gronk being there to not are jaw dropping. 

All we can do at this point is hope that he can come back to his old form at some point in the future.  But that future being later this year is extremely unlikely.  At this point I'm guessing we'll limp into the playoffs, but I hold little hope of making it to the SB.  What a shame. 

Can't argue with your points....but I don't hear the fat lady singing and heard that lady luck is in the neighborhood.....lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

New York Jets Fan Gnome Bench
    Look...there's a Jet's troll for Phat Rex, one for Fletcherbrook, one for Section 136, and last and certainly not least, one for BUST-CHISE!!!!

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop talking nonsense. We aren't doomed. This is still a good team and always will be with Brady at QB and BB coaching.

We still have a shot.

[/QUOTE]

But our D sucks rotten eggs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wonder how many posters here, who are efffectively giving up on the Pats possibly not only winning the SB, but getting deep into the playoffs, would be willing to stand in front of the team and spout their rhetoric written here?  Such a defeatist attitude!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

There is something very special about this season that many are over looking. It has been absolutely horrid when it comes to injuries and with us being in so many "no win" situations. In the end, THE PATS HAVE WON. GRONK OR NO GRONK, the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS HAVE A SHOT. Don't wanna believe? Don't watch the games. I'll be watching every play, every damned game. I believe in what i have seen them do. You should too. We have already watched them pull of so many impossible feats this season to win Games they had already"lost". They have intangibles. I guarantee you THEY think they are going to the Superbowl no matter what any of us think. I'm with them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to bring Tim Tebow back and turn him into a TE.  We need God at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Dont tell the grumpy old timer!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We'll be back in 2014. 

[/QUOTE]

We didn't have Talib and Jones. Hopefully this year we do.

You can bandwagon yourself somewhere else.   Denver's D still blows.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok. Do you watch football? Pats and Denver may have been blow for blow evenly matched with gronk but without him? Seriously brother....do you watch games or read your fantasy stats and deduce from there? Come on bro. You made a fool out of yourself on the game thread. I'm asking you...pats fan to pats fan...give it up for few days. Regroup. Think about your incendiary behavior and come back with some contrition. At least lay off for the evening. No? 

[/QUOTE]

Denver going injury free for the rest of the season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We still have a shot.

[/QUOTE]

But our D sucks rotten eggs.

[/QUOTE]

Jets D?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is something very special about this season that many are over looking. It has been absolutely horrid when it comes to injuries and with us being in so many "no win" situations. In the end, THE PATS HAVE WON. GRONK OR NO GRONK, the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS HAVE A SHOT. Don't wanna believe? Don't watch the games. I'll be watching every play, every damned game. I believe in what i have seen them do. You should too we have already watched them pull of so many impossible feats this season. They have intangibles. I guarantee you THEY think they are going to the Superbowl no matter what any of us think. I'm with them. 

[/QUOTE]

No doubt.  So many crybabies and naysayers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

10-3.  Wow, what a ride.  We were doing it ugly more often than not, but we were doing it, and as Parcells would say, a W is a W.  It certainly felt like their might be some magic in the air there for a little while. 

I think we can all agree what Gronk means to this offense.  He's second only to Brady as far as being a critical component that makes this O tick.  The games we played without him this year, our D was getting it done.  It's sustained too many injuries this year though, and with the return of Gronk we could once again rely on our O to keep us in games or come back from behind.  The numbers compared to Gronk being there to not are jaw dropping. 

All we can do at this point is hope that he can come back to his old form at some point in the future.  But that future being later this year is extremely unlikely.  At this point I'm guessing we'll limp into the playoffs, but I hold little hope of making it to the SB.  What a shame. 

[/QUOTE]

Good riddance, One less band wagon fan when the Pat's end up in the SB again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is something very special about this season that many are over looking. It has been absolutely horrid when it comes to injuries and with us being in so many "no win" situations. In the end, THE PATS HAVE WON. GRONK OR NO GRONK, the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS HAVE A SHOT. Don't wanna believe? Don't watch the games. I'll be watching every play, every damned game. I believe in what i have seen them do. You should too we have already watched them pull of so many impossible feats this season. They have intangibles. I guarantee you THEY think they are going to the Superbowl no matter what any of us think. I'm with them. 

No doubt.  So many crybabies and naysayers.

[/QUOTE]

You know it! we have a great team, but the fan base is a bunch of spoiled, entitled, whining front runners who fret over miracle comeback wins. I dont get it. i love our chances. 10-3 in the NFL! Hell, we've lost more games with Gronk than without this season. Ws baby, thats the bottom line. We need about 5 or 6 more. 

Sections
Shortcuts